Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Spinning Girl



    Do you see her spinning clockwise or counter-clockwise? I only see her spinning clockwise.

    I saw this for the 1st time about 2 years ago, but it just resurfaced in a convo w/ a friend, so I was fooling around w/ it again. Supposedly if you're right brained it goes clockwise, & if you're left brained it goes counter clockwise, but who knows, maybe it's all just BS. Some people say they can make it change directions, give it a try, maybe it will work for you. I kinda think it spins clockwise only, & people lie about counter-clockwise.

    Btw, if you complain that this is stupid or that you've seen it before, just know that you're a d-bag. Enjoy.

    If you've never seen this before here's the explanation (cutting & pasting):
    The spinning girl is a form of the more general spinning silhouette illusion. The image is not objectively “spinning” in one direction or the other. It is a two-dimensional image that is simply shifting back and forth. But our brains did not evolve to interpret two-dimensional representations of the world but the actual three-dimensional world. So our visual processing assumes we are looking at a 3-D image and is uses clues to interpret it as such. Or, without adequate clues it may just arbitrarily decide a best fit – spinning clockwise or counterclockwise. And once this fit is chosen, the illusion is complete – we see a 3-D spinning image. By looking around the image, focusing on the shadow or some other part, you may force your visual system to reconstruct the image and it may choose the opposite direction, and suddenly the image will spin in the opposite direction.

    Oh, & please note the nip detail.:P
     
         

  2. #2
    yip man student kmrasengan's Avatar
    Status
    kmrasengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    portugal
    Posts
    5,525
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    it's spinning clockwise to me.
     
         

  3. #3
    dm1202's Avatar
    Status
    dm1202 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    san antonio, tx,usa
    Posts
    12,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    whipping tail and taking
    names!
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    shes spinning counter clockwise.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member xPyschotic Echox's Avatar
    Status
    xPyschotic Echox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You could kill a
    lifetime without feeling
    anything but skin"
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    I see clockwise
     
         

  5. #5
    Banned
    Status
    Valen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    4,102
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Her nip is going clockwise for me
     
         

  6. #6
    dm1202's Avatar
    Status
    dm1202 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    san antonio, tx,usa
    Posts
    12,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    whipping tail and taking
    names!
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    look at the shadow. the shadow doesn't lie it's going counter clockwise.
     
         

  7. #7
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Spinning Girl

    Thats amazing...at first it was counter clockwise, then something happened, and its clockwise...and my mind can't seem to change it at will...usually I can with these things. -_-
     
         

  8. #8
    Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    saaaaaadpanda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    I see her going counter-clockwise. I've seen this before, but it's still an interesting optical illusion.
     
         

  9. #9
    dm1202's Avatar
    Status
    dm1202 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    san antonio, tx,usa
    Posts
    12,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    whipping tail and taking
    names!
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    Dude, are you being serious? You do know which way a clock goes, right?
    when the foot seem away from us the shadow doesn't show but when the extended foot looks close you can see the shadow of both feet. the gif was made to fool the eye
     
         

  10. #10
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Thats amazing...at first it was counter clockwise, then something happened, and its clockwise...and my mind can't seem to change it at will...usually I can with these things. -_-
    Wait, you've seen it going both ways?

    Quote Originally Posted by saaaaaadpanda View Post
    I see her going counter-clockwise. I've seen this before, but it's still an interesting optical illusion.
    Counter huh, well pandas never lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by dm1202 View Post
    when the foot seem away from us the shadow doesn't show but when the extended foot looks close you can see the shadow of both feet. the gif was made to fool the eye
    Yeah, I know. It's just weird how we look at the same picture & see the opposite thing happening.
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Spinning Girl

    I can change the way she spins... its really simple to be honest to do it.

    Since it's a silhouette, you can trick your mind to believe that her arms are swinging around anti-clockwise.
     
         

  12. #12
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    I can change the way she spins... its really simple to be honest to do it.

    Since it's a silhouette, you can trick your mind to believe that her arms are swinging around anti-clockwise.
    Either you're the chosen one or you're lying.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    Either you're the chosen one or you're lying.
    I guess I'm the chosen one... why would I lie about an old optical illusion?

    The image is black and has no illusion of depth, therefore, depending on how you perceive the image, the leg can either be passing infront or behind the woman.

    If you make yourself believe that the leg is passing in front by staring at it and telling yourself that, you can easily reverse the spin.

    Want me to prove it? Try staring at the reflection on the ground to the left of it.
     
         
    Last edited by -S-; 10-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.

  14. #14
    The Ghost Of A Legend. Arcaneos510X's Avatar
    Status
    Arcaneos510X is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    both i can see her spinning each way its a trick to tell if you look on the right or left of your screen...
     
         

  15. #15
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    I guess I'm the chosen one... why would I lie about an old optical illusion?

    The image is black and has no illusion of depth, therefore, depending on how you perceive the image, the leg can either be passing infront or behind the woman.

    If you make yourself believe that the leg is passing in front by staring at it and telling yourself that, you can easily reverse the spin.

    Want me to prove it? Try staring at the reflection on the ground to the left of it.
    I don't really think you're lying, but you can't prove anything & it's not easy.

    I can cover the image w/ my hand, just leaving the lower left shadow & end of her foot. I can imagine it spinning counter-clockwise & even begin to see it in the shadow (it's covered by my hand but I feel it going counter-clockwise), then when I remove my hand...it's back to clockwise. I doesn't work for me & will never work for me because I know it's going clockwise.

    If you can make her change directions then you're a Jedi.
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    I don't really think you're lying, but you can't prove anything & it's not easy.

    I can cover the image w/ my hand, just leaving the lower left shadow & end of her foot. I can imagine it spinning counter-clockwise & even begin to see it in the shadow (it's covered by my hand but I feel it going counter-clockwise), then when I remove my hand...it's back to clockwise. I doesn't work for me & will never work for me because I know it's going clockwise.

    So far, you're the only person that can make her change direction, you're a Jedi.
    Once you remove your hand, your eyes instantly see the bottom-right hand corner, which tells your brain the woman is spinning clockwise.
     
         

  17. #17
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcaneos510X View Post
    both i can see her spinning each way its a trick to tell if you look on the right or left of your screen...
    It doesn't matter which side of your screen you look at, it matters how your brain interprets the image.

    Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    Once you remove your hand, your eyes instantly see the bottom-right hand corner, which tells your brain the woman is spinning clockwise.
    When I cover the image w/ my hand & remove it, I don't even notice the bottom-right, I see the center of the image & it immediately reverts back to clockwise.

    You 2 should go back to the Jedi temple & focus on protecting the galaxy.
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    It doesn't matter which side of your screen you look at, it matters how your brain interprets the image.


    When I cover the image w/ my hand & remove it, I don't even notice the bottom-right, I see the center of the image & it immediately reverts back to clockwise.

    You 2 should go back to the Jedi temple & focus on protecting the galaxy.
    No, protecting the galaxy is too mainstream. I have to protect the interwebs.
     
         

  19. #19
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Here's the right brain vs left brain explanation (cutting & pasting):
    The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise? If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

    LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS: uses logic, detail oriented, facts rule, words and language, present and past, math and science, can comprehend, knowing, acknowledges, order/pattern perception, knows object name, reality based, forms strategies, practical, safe

    RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS: uses feeling, "big picture" oriented, imagination rules, symbols and images, present and future, philosophy and religion, can "get it" (i.e. meaning), believes, appreciates, spatial perception, knows object function, fantasy based, presents possibilities, impetuous, risk taking

    I'm annoyed that I can only see her clockwise.
     
         

  20. #20
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    clockwise only :/ nice thread Wang
     
         

  21. #21
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    clockwise only :/ nice thread Wang
    Thanks, my man.
     
         

  22. #22
    always has friends AlexUchina's Avatar
    Status
    AlexUchina is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    My world of creation
    Posts
    18,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    friends til the end
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    clockwise
     
         

  23. #23
    Rockstar From Mars. mcchikeneater's Avatar
    Status
    mcchikeneater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Shes turning clockwise. I even opened the Gif in photoshop and went through each frame slowly, shes turning clockwise.


    first 5 layers in order:








    You can see its clockwise, if you see it counter clockwise its your mind playing tricks on you.


    Whole thing was 34 layers, definitely not just a 2d image with your brain filling in the blanks.
     
         
    Last edited by mcchikeneater; 10-23-2012 at 03:01 AM.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Status
    drknght is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    She spins the way I want her to spin. I want her to spin clockwise, she spins clockwise, and vice versa. Still, when I saw it for the first time, she was spinning counterclockwise. *blink* she spins right *blink* she spins left
     
         
    Last edited by drknght; 10-23-2012 at 04:43 AM.

  25. #25
    Served fresh daily
    Status
    Wang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    5,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta
     

    Re: Spinning Girl

    Quote Originally Posted by mcchikeneater View Post
    Shes turning clockwise. I even opened the Gif in photoshop and went through each frame slowly, shes turning clockwise.


    first 5 layers in order:








    You can see its clockwise, if you see it counter clockwise its your mind playing tricks on you.


    Whole thing was 34 layers, definitely not just a 2d image with your brain filling in the blanks.
    Interesting, nice detective work!
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •