Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    LordMadara narutoblitz's Avatar
    Status
    narutoblitz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,249
    Location
    Tokyo
    サスケ様
     

    What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Maybe I'm overthinking this, but most of the Kages are not democratically elected. By modern standards they are essentially little more than feudal lords or despots. Their power and legitimacy come only from their waging of war and the assertion of control, not from the people. In a way, the current Narutoverse is inherently unfair. It creates wars and forces innocent kids to fight in them, kids like Obito. And Rin, and Kakashi. And it leads to a scale of unprecedented death and the desire for revenge.

    It gives rise to scumbags like Orochimaru and to the deaths of noble guys like Hiruzen, Itachi and Hashirama. It is fundamentally and unarguably an unfair world where the innocent suffer. Who could believe there is something called "God" in such a world? That would be foolish, and it's easy to dismiss the words of the S06P as the empty words of a pathetic, idealistic hypocrite that instilled little more than war and the tools for war into the world.

    Any sane man would want to reject that reality, and to do everything in his power to destroy it. Ultimately, Naruto is nothing more than a naive child defending a world that he cannot understand. He lost his teacher. So what? Everyone loses their teachers eventually. Jiraiya would have died of old age eventually. Flame away, but logically speaking I am right.

    Twisted minds like Sasuke are created. It all culminates in an endless cycle of pain and warfare. Naruto couldn't answer Nagato for a simple reason, there is no answer. Obito is right, and Naruto is wrong. Granted Naruto will still win, as the title character. But I believe Naruto will never be able to answer Nagato's question. "I'll find an answer" IS a copout.

    I think the Moon Plan is probably a much more realistic way to world peace than anything Naruto or the other protagonists have put forward. Naruto is simply a naive, moronic child defending a corrupt status quo that is beyond his ability to understand.
     
         

  2. #2
    Kwalker394's Avatar
    Status
    Kwalker394 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,697
    Location
    In my room >_>
    Is back and happy to be back
    ^_^
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    He wants to enslave everyone erasing free will and human nature >_> He also killed a lot of people
     
         

  3. #3
    World War Z gas83091's Avatar
    Status
    gas83091 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,452
    Location
    Ground Zero
    How Do You Kill The Undead?
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    didn't read.... but i say he's a bad guy considering he's responsible for the death's of soo many people (minato)
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Trollkαge is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,849
    Location
    Trollogakure
    lol
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    I see.
    You're one of those people that think one of the bad guys are good.
    Already figured it out and I...
     
         

  5. #5
    Lurker Extraordinaire Marcello1's Avatar
    Status
    Marcello1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    254
    Location
    ▲ \___Your___▲ ▲___Mind___/
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Except that reality is false. It can never be real, so it can never replace true reality as long as people are aware that it is fake. Everything you stated as being wrong with the Naruto universe, is what is wrong with every universe. There can never be a perfect world as long as pain exists, which it always will. I'm not sure exactly what point you're trying to make here. The Naruto world isn't any less flawed than the world we live in, or the world which Madara hopes to create.
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,774
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    obito was sad that rin died and wants to run away to a made up world
    doing all kinds of evil shit because with his new reality all of that would be erased

    naruto got over jiraiya's death and told nagato he doesn't want revenge and won't kill him and in return nagato revived everyone in konoha
     
         

  7. #7
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,236
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Well that's the world they live in. Dying is a apart of life. Life is unfair, Obito is not the only person who loses people. He killed dozens with the Kyuubi. Regardless of the intentions, the means do not justify the end. His world is an illusion, a dream, and eventually you have to wake up.
     
         

  8. #8
    Servant of Lord Sasuke Ldude's Avatar
    Status
    Ldude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,221
    Location
    Under a rock somewhere in Antarctica.
    I put the dying in studying
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwalker394 View Post
    He wants to enslave everyone erasing free will and human nature >_> He also killed a lot of people
    Naruto's killed people too. They're ninja, what the hell do you think they do?

    And who said Obito was going to enslave everyone? He's the savior of this world...
     
         

  9. #9
    Member Jonordo's Avatar
    Status
    Jonordo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    399
    Location
    Jamaica
    naruto the man
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    All what u had said makes the plot an interesting 1
     
         

  10. #10
    LordMadara narutoblitz's Avatar
    Status
    narutoblitz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,249
    Location
    Tokyo
    サスケ様
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Maybe the only way to save the world is to destroy it, and maybe mankind doesn't deserve salvation at all. It's one argument, anyways.
     
         

  11. #11
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,236
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by narutoblitz View Post
    Maybe the only way to save the world is to destroy it, and maybe mankind doesn't deserve salvation at all. It's one argument, anyways.
    A member of the world is not the one to make that decision, he is biased. That is a decision for a God.
     
         

  12. #12
    Kwalker394's Avatar
    Status
    Kwalker394 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,697
    Location
    In my room >_>
    Is back and happy to be back
    ^_^
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldude View Post
    Naruto's killed people too. They're ninja, what the hell do you think they do?

    And who said Obito was going to enslave everyone? He's the savior of this world...
    1. Lose the attitude towards me.

    Obito killed innocent people. Naruto did not kill innocent people and honestly I don't recall a time Naruto did kill anyone

    He wants to put everyone in a genjutsu and do what ever he says.....thats called enslavement quit being such a fan boy >_>
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member theRPGdude's Avatar
    Status
    theRPGdude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,566
    Location
    Currently living in unknown places
    Sorry but the number you have
    dialed has been converted to
    Lord Sasuke's Revolution.
    Please leave a message after
    this tone.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    When you kill someone. Never look away. Keep your eyes at them. Cause they won't forget you.

    Obito, good or bad? Nah he's neither. He has no sides to choose from. Neutral.
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member RikudoKami's Avatar
    Status
    RikudoKami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,962
    Location
    Unknown
    How many gods will I have to
    kill today?
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Humans perception of right and wrong.
     
         

  15. #15
    Member Namikaze Haru's Avatar
    Status
    Namikaze Haru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    430
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Quote Originally Posted by narutoblitz View Post
    Maybe I'm overthinking this, but most of the Kages are not democratically elected. By modern standards they are essentially little more than feudal lords or despots. Their power and legitimacy come only from their waging of war and the assertion of control, not from the people. In a way, the current Narutoverse is inherently unfair. It creates wars and forces innocent kids to fight in them, kids like Obito. And Rin, and Kakashi. And it leads to a scale of unprecedented death and the desire for revenge.

    It gives rise to scumbags like Orochimaru and to the deaths of noble guys like Hiruzen, Itachi and Hashirama. It is fundamentally and unarguably an unfair world where the innocent suffer. Who could believe there is something called "God" in such a world? That would be foolish, and it's easy to dismiss the words of the S06P as the empty words of a pathetic, idealistic hypocrite that instilled little more than war and the tools for war into the world.

    Any sane man would want to reject that reality, and to do everything in his power to destroy it. Ultimately, Naruto is nothing more than a naive child defending a world that he cannot understand. He lost his teacher. So what? Everyone loses their teachers eventually. Jiraiya would have died of old age eventually. Flame away, but logically speaking I am right.

    Twisted minds like Sasuke are created. It all culminates in an endless cycle of pain and warfare. Naruto couldn't answer Nagato for a simple reason, there is no answer. Obito is right, and Naruto is wrong. Granted Naruto will still win, as the title character. But I believe Naruto will never be able to answer Nagato's question. "I'll find an answer" IS a copout.

    I think the Moon Plan is probably a much more realistic way to world peace than anything Naruto or the other protagonists have put forward. Naruto is simply a naive, moronic child defending a corrupt status quo that is beyond his ability to understand.
    ur prob right but then we won't have a manga to enjoy

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrafty View Post
    I see.
    You're one of those people that think one of the bad guys are good.
    Already figured it out and I...
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    lol i have seen this like a million times yet it still makes me laugh like hell , i can't get enough :lmao:
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    The Jonin must vote for the kage. A kage that the citizens of the village don't acknowledge wont be sitting long.. Probably the only village that was in civil war over this was the bloody mist, but they weren't involved in political affairs with others anyway..
     
         

  17. #17
    Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    apple pie of doom is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,359
    Location
    Holland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Obito is not evil, Rin is.
    She oviously friendzoned him, no shit he became as he is.
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member osba's Avatar
    Status
    osba is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,399
    ----
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    all he wants to do is create a world of no hatred.. i guess in another manga he could be seen as the good guy
     
         

  19. #19
    Eye me maybe Bloodytaste's Avatar
    Status
    Bloodytaste is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    257
    Location
    Germany
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    Its actually madaras Plan not Obitos, don't think as Obito beeing the good guy here, its more over madara. Obito just realized it, after Rins death and wants to live in a new reality. Madara was the one who wants to break the cycle, if his words were true, and i kinda belive madara.
    But we can't put one of them in a good or evil section. We just got to know Narutos point of view in this story because he is the main protagonist, so that the reason why he seems to be on the right way, i mean the manga is called naruto. But if we think logically there is no one good or evil, right or wrong, black or white(except Zetsu xD). But at least we can say, they all cling to a dream, no one of them seems hopeless, and thats more over a question of dicision. Its evertime about how u decide to do things not about good or evil.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member KidGamer65's Avatar
    Status
    KidGamer65 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    24,646
    Location
    United States
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What actually makes Obito the bad guy?

    The Moon's Eye Plan is retarded.....say someone agrees to it and it's cast....how do they guarantee that Madara doesn't rule over them like dictator.

    Obito is evil because he has started the 4th Great Shinobi War, caused the deaths of J7 Jinchuuriki's, attacked Konoha with the Kyuubi, and etc.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •