Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 142
  1. #1
    Obíto's Avatar
    Status
    Obíto is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ☪ Ryūchi Cave ☪
    Posts
    17,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Rock N Rolla-
     



    NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?




    Seriously NB...

    I really dont know where I should begin on this quest to speak my mind about the Role Play and it's lucky inhabitants today. Let me start out by saying that when I first started out on NB I wasnt always the best person on the site or in the RP, when it comes down to technically saying whether I always obeyed the rules or not. Over the years I found myself in very crap situations because of my own actions and I have changed from the person I used to be and the things that I used to do such as spamming and going against NB staff (for those who have been here long enough to remember) and just not caring for the RP. So let me just continue in saying that we are not perfect as human beings. We all do make mistakes and we learn from them, no matter how minuscule the problem may be or how magnified the situation can get as well. Some people get chances they don't deserve, and some do not. I've been given several chances to turn a new leaf on this site and I won't ruin that for something stupid or illogical ever again. One cannot merely comprehend how much work or effort one takes into maintaining a community such as NarutoBase where people in general can be very ungrateful to many privileged they are given, outlooking the fact that we all roam here for free, for the members who come daily this is a place where we spend most of our time when bored. I can understand that, for whatever reason you come here you come here because you have fun in whatever you do; whether it's the Roleplay, the fanfiction, contests, spamming (Yes people do come online solely just to spam to their hearts content), etc.


    One of the purposes of maintaining this balance in keeping members happy, feeling comfortable in returning to the site they so love to enjoy is putting people in charge that help maintain that order when the Admins are not around. There are just too many things going around in every section for them to handle on their own. So they put moderators in charge to ease the load and bring judgement to rule breakers. They are believed to be selected as the ones who can fulfill a certain criteria, as outlooked to be the ones who can handle the stress, perform actions and judgments without bias, uphold and obey the rules for everyone else to see and follow, along with other things the Admins have them do behind the scenes. Let's not stray away from the fact that even though, they are voluntarily doing moderator work, they are human. They make mistakes, and they still want to have fun like the rest of us, or else it will take away the fact of them coming to the site like the rest of us.


    Mind of an upcoming RolePlayer

    Now that you've read my lengthy introduction, I will get into my main reasoning for posting this thread. In todays Roleplay, it starts out simple.... just like the Roleplay years ago..... You see the RP section and peek into the battles and aspire to become this amazing ninja, in the RP sense and conquer all sorts of things, and achieve your own accomplishments or goals. Isn't that what most people think of when they want to play a game? Be recognized for what they do and stand out amongst the crowd by proving themselves in a fair environment? Well that idea is short lived in this era of the RP. It becomes a simple reality check when you come to realize things aren't as easy as it appeared to be. Yes, you may have found all the rules to create a bio, have gotten your post count up to create your first biography or which ever special bio, then it gets approved. Now youre wondering, "Hey how can I get trained?" Then it becomes a game to find one of us sensei to teach you the basics etc so that you can be strong and master your own skill in however way you see fit.

    The problem is, what happens when training is over. Of course they want to get their feet wet right? They want to experience what it feels like to finally become that ninja they so longed to be, in the RP sense. So you have your first battles. You may not have mastered everything, but you can pretty much get the hang of having a basic battle with kuani a bit of taijutsu and a few elements thrown into the loop. At this point in time youre not really focused on the winning or losing because of one reason and one reason only. Usually when two weaker roleplayers first start out fighting, everything is balanced and they dont really have anything to say because there is no clear gap in power shown and they feel pretty good about themselves because "they knew they gave it everything they had." This is a prime example of Role Play innocence. Noone has been exposed to customs, power ups such as (Sage Mode, Gates, MS, and OP bios). Two people giving it all they have to achieve fun. Some of you may be reading and agreeing saying to yourselves..."Yeah hes right, why cant it always be that fun?" I will tell you exactly why it cant.

    What happens when one of these innocent role players starts fighting a person with customs? Theyre intrigued by it at first but they dont really think about it twice. There are times where it doesnt matter where youre using customs or not, but though it can be a deciding factor when there is no cannon technique to allow you to defend from it. What will this person do now? They will have it in their head that they must also create customs to have an edge in todays battles. They can't simply let other fighters have all the fun kicking their butts with customs can they? Of course not!! They start submitting customs too, so that they can have an advantage as well.

    This may be a major factor when considering that many people are power hungry, which starts off my next topic..


    Why are we all power hungry?

    I'll tell you the exact reason we are all tainted with the mindset of becoming power hungry in some way shape or form, but lets also mix in what I just said above so you get a better picture..

    Once you start submitting customs to protect yourself or dish out some own cool power of your own, it becomes a never ending roller-coaster ride of making sure that your custom is realistic, worded correctly, chakra points and damage are right etc. But what usually happens? It gets declined because it may be considered "overpowered" or "too strong." Lets go into that topic a bit more. Usually you may see someone using techniques youd never imagin being able to defend against because it may too strong of an element, genjutsu, taijutsu, or it just may bee way too fast for you to protect yourself from. This is the main form of Role Play frustration 90% of NB goes through, throughout your entire RP career. There are just no way of stopping particular techniques, and to make it better, you cant even submit something of that caliber or something to defend yourself from it.

    Now I know what you will all probably say. Yeah, there are older members who got more power than us because they were here longer, blah blah blah. Well,yes that is the case. There was a smaller community of members back in 08-09 so it was very casual for certain people to have power. What creates the imbalance, is when you say to a growing RolePlay community, that you will now be "reducing" the amount of power a said individual may acquire. It creates this idea that your power will only be limited to what someone else deems fit for you to have, or a "controlled system" such as, oh you may have this amount of power, and you may have this amount. That form of thinking is whats killing our Role Play. To think that after all this time of growing and developing our system, that we need to stop allowing other people to achieve or submit things that separate them from the group.

    When you join a game, what do most people want to do? They want control over themselves. They want o be able to accomplish anything fair and square without being held back by noone other then themselves.. Our Role Play does not create that type of function where someone can easily obtain things fair and square when certain things are taken into perspective, and looked into with a magnifying glass. Now that was mainly about both cannon powerups and customs...


    Cannon Power-ups

    Lets say we leave customs out of this and look solely into people trying to acquire a cannon power up, such as Sage Mode, Gates, Mangekyo Sharingan, Sound Release etc.

    Most people know what these things are right off the bat because they watch the anime and read the manga religiously. So when you enter the Role Play, you may have your mind on achieving these abilities, but you may know theyre out of reach, yet, you dont know HOW out of reach they really are. Now Im probably going to hear someone say,"Well, the experienced and well qualified people get them so that they wont be abused." Yes that is ultimately the goal here, but lets really analyze that type of thinking and if thats theoretically possible as of late.

    I cant tell you the last person Ive seen learning Sage Mode, I mean there are plenty of people out there that are more than qualified to fight with it and just overall have fun with it, if given the chance to learn it. That goes the same for the Eight Gates. I cant tell you the last person Ive ever seen learning it, or even using it in battle for the past 2 years Ive ever been on this web site or participated in the Role Play. I can name a list of people who specialize in Taijutsu that would be excellent people to have gates but they dont any opportunity to learn it. Yet the people who do have it, dont use it to even have fun. Why you may ask? Because its not fun when youre the only one using it. See what I just did there?

    When I look back on the years Ive spent here in the RP, I can say the system has had a major influence from people sucking up to sensei, RP mods, and Admins in order to achieve things without putting in the work for it.

    It doesnt mean that everyone who has worked for it, were suck ups. But it is very obvious when you know someone did not work hard towards an ability but was given it out of favoritism. We need equality and not a biased system..


    Arguments

    Drum roll!!! Yes what weve all been waiting for. The roleplay arguments. Its just about everyones kryptonite in most cases. I will admit Ive been apart of and even instigated many arguments in what seems tome now pointless threads and fights,but who cant say that theyve let someone have it at least once.

    Im now summarizing everything into one final conclusion which you may have your own opinions on, but by time youve completed most of your training, have had the experience of trying to achieve a special biography, tried submitting strong customs but they get declined, youre probably wondering to yourself...." What more can I achieve, if I cant submit strong enough customs to fight other strong people because cannon techniques aren't cutting it, and ontop of that its almost impossible to achieve any cannon power ups such as Sage Mode, Gates, or Sound without winning a tournament this already segregates the lot of people who are probably going to acquire either of them, if they were prizes.

    People tend to become so frustrated with spending so much time on here and not being able to achieve something in a reasonable amount of time makes them go crazy, or bored or go inactive. There are some that get their kicks off trying to win every battle they possibly can regardless if the fight was fun for either party, because what more else can a person do when all else fails? Make repetitive threads in the battle arena or try to be active in the ninja world. This is what creates the problem. The ratio of the have and have nots just creates this unbelievable amount of tension in todays RPrs that they tend to get pissed off at minor mistakes in battles and lash out to achieve the win.

    You cant get mad at them because they are indirectly taught to be this way. Most abilities they want want to gain come at a cost of entering tournaments, against people they cant win against and theyre forced to look for ways to win Many people will say that theres a difference when it comes to power over skill, but to be honest it takes unity and balance of both power and skill to win in todays RP. When one falls out of sync it shows, but for some of us that are high level in both its still almost impossible to achieve these things resulting in a never ending cycle of tension, arguments, and drama. People are just not happy with themselves and where they are goals wise.


    Respect

    I think we need to restore that bond of a sensei and student that we have forged in our brains within our RP because it has become tarnished over a period of time. We are supposed to work together within our community as equals and not some sort of dictators or overlords trying to control others with our thoughts and opinions.

    Respect plays a big role in the development and stability of or RP. And the type of image you represent plays a part in what you receive. Everyone should be held accountable to what goes on in the RP. For example, we as sensei need to uphold that bond with the regular members so that we are able to teach and show the way instead of forcing and arguing with people in order to show them the way. I myself have gotten myself caught up in arguments in some form to get my opinions noticed but this also makes it backfire on the community when people are supposed to look up to you for respect and RP role models.. If you cant maintain being a proper sensei what do you think one should do? If he or she cant maintain that bond....If he or she cant maintain and stand for increasing development?

    They should probably give up their positions, if they have some self respect for themselves and not pretend to be blind to how they carry themselves and the things that are created form their actions.


    The same goes to RP moderators. They like us sensei volunteer to helping the community grow and putting in all types of work for development. They too are not immune to developing respect of their own while they have more of a position of making change than the rest of us.

    We always claim to be growing in members and people interested in the RP all the time but when you look in closely there are a lot of things that don't necessarily get done with the amount of RP mods we currently have. When I first joined the RP there were less RP mods and to me things got done without question. This is not to downplay others but you could submit 5 customs at a time and wake up the next day to see that your customs were checked. This was mainly done by Caliburn and Emperor, and the occasional Rag. What puzzles me is how more RP mods actually dont increase productivity but have rather done nothing, from the naked eye point of view. How can less RP mods get more done than an army of mods that we have now? It completely puzzles me.


    I just think that if you cant get a job done effectively AND properly at the same time, you should merely leave it in the hand of those who can, and not make the people you claim to represent suffer because of your shortcomings. Same goes for sensei, if you cant represent a true sensei and teach people on a regular basis, give up your sensei title.

    What does this mean for our RP? Things like RP mods and sensei determine our growth and overall identity as an RP community, and if one person or a group of people are holding us back then why do we destroy ourselves for a few people? We have more worth than that when we come online here everyday and spend substantial amount of time to participate in it?


    Conclusion


    Pretty much my overall point is that we as a community spend too much time on here to just settle for anything less than something good. We enter the RP as innocent as can be and we want to have self identity. We want to gain something out of it and not just sit back feeling like we wasted our time on something being monopolized to limit your imagination and fun.


    This was a VM to me by one of my former sensei:

    Originally posted by Akihiko
    People spend a lot of time on NB because they still see a hope to establish themselves as someone or something. People want to be known, like how we know Scary Yamato for his Yamato, Goro Kaguya for 8 Gates, Xylon for Sound release...we want to be someone. And you are correct in saying we waste of a lot of time on here with nothing to show for it. So we must find a way to fill in those gaps properly.

    We really need to stop trying to preventing people from achieving self identity. This is whats ultimately destroying our RP and making us feel like were wasting our time....which leads to arguments, and struggles for power. I suggest we stop limiting ourselves and literally seek more action to get things done in our RP instead of letting it get out of hand. We need to go back to having innocent fun instead of worrying about power...lets be able to look at power and skill under the same spectrum of light instead of thinking of the two separately.
     
         

  2. #2
    Light.'s Avatar
    Status
    Light. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Tennis Court
    Posts
    13,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a lonely drifter...
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Papa @_@
     
         

  3. #3
    Kyudaime Kazekage Teño's Avatar
    Status
    Teño is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Va!
    Posts
    15,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaman Jama
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    That vm message was kinda deep
    and i agree with it
     
         

  4. #4
    Ciberr's Avatar
    Status
    Ciberr is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mareland !
    Posts
    11,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cibah.
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    I honestly don't think I've read something that lengthy on this site and the thought of "This is a crap wall of text" never crossed my mind. That was a perfect address to what many of us want to say .. We've just never put it into the terms in which you did. Really good. Really good. . . . My mans :D
     
         
    Last edited by Ciberr; 10-23-2012 at 03:47 AM.

  5. #5
    Sabo's Avatar
    Status
    Sabo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In my castle, on the edge of Hell...I mean Kumogakure
    Posts
    11,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are all madness...it lurks
    deep inside all of us, no
    matter how we see it. We are
    evil, we are SIN
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Read the whole thing.This is all true and agree without you Nagato.. we need to cut this shit out.
     
         

  6. #6
    You-Know-Who Mante's Avatar
    Status
    Mante is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    not here >_>
    Posts
    6,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    I call it "a Wall of text" xD Thanks anyway >_>
     
         

  7. #7
    Sindy's Avatar
    Status
    Sindy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kumogakure
    Posts
    17,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    Princess of Kumogakure
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    honestly it's all true especially the arguments

    *looks at the Ninja world threads* -_-
     
         

  8. #8
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    damn son where'd you find this?

    Seriously though, this is one of the most perfect threads ive ever read
     
         

  9. #9
    Rojuro's Avatar
    Status
    Rojuro is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Making Waterballoon Boob's
    Posts
    11,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    It's members like nagato that make it worth visiting this site . enjoyed this read was very insightful
     
         

  10. #10
    Ciberr's Avatar
    Status
    Ciberr is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mareland !
    Posts
    11,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cibah.
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    damn son where'd you find this?

    Seriously though, this is one of the most perfect threads ive ever read
    :rofl: Broly we'll get along great.

    Sorry for the uncalled for post.
     
         

  11. #11
    Obíto's Avatar
    Status
    Obíto is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ☪ Ryūchi Cave ☪
    Posts
    17,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Rock N Rolla-
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    The reason why I wrote all of this is because we as a community turn a blind eye to the blatant BS we put up with everyday and its completely not worth it. We need to stop just settling for some of the things we put up with. Im tired of the system destroying itself..

    Then people who are blinded most likely say that its not like that and that there is too much work. Its not too much work, its a mindset, its who you are and how much you care.
     
         

  12. #12
    異議あり! Adachi's Avatar
    Status
    Adachi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    I want to add to this myself.
    Firstly, I've been here well over three years. I've been a sensei in the past and I am one now.
    And guess what?
    I don't have anything. I don't know Sharingan, anything OP, I dropped my customs, and the only thing I ever learned was Byakugan (for a test), Wood, and Shadow. I learned Wood because Tenzo was my username at the time, and he was my favorite character in Naruto. Shikamaru, likewise, also shares a similar spot. I role play as them because I enjoy acting out their motives, their character, and their personality.
    The point of RPing is to have fun. We don't benefit from it in real life in any manner. Naturally, we come to NarutoBase for our own enjoyments and it's important to keep this in mind.

    I also must say one more thing.
    Senseis and students have the same social level. Just because someone became a sensei, it does in NO MANNER make them godlike. Do not treat them like that. You deserve the same respect as they do. They should not be ignoring anyone, treating you like you're a lower form in society, or looking down upon you. I am sick of that. We are all human and should have the same deference. Furthermore, a student and a sensei should have a relationship, just like the manga. Our duty is to help people learn, not to lord over them. This may also apply to mods.


    Also, don't consistently strive to become OP. Strive to make RP fun, keep it the way it's meant to be. Because, like Alexander the Great said, if you conquer everything, and there's nothing left to conquer, what happiness and meaning is there left in it?
     
         

  13. #13
    Nos Venerabilem KeotsuEclipse's Avatar
    Status
    KeotsuEclipse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    I wonder how effective it would be if we wipe the entire thing clean, and start over, perhaps with a better system (*coughs*Zero Kelvin's suggestions*coughs*). Yes, it would be hated in the short run. But, like most things, it'll be better in the future.

    Overall, nice thread - excellent message.
     
         

  14. #14
    Loki's Avatar
    Status
    Loki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    A status has this user.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Someone link this to ReXii, he can learn a thing or two.

    I'd like to post a quote of Akihiko.
    Yeah, I think the attitude of RPing needs to be changed drastically. It seems pointless now. I myself have never pursued OPness...I don't know, people seem to have forgotten the entire point of RPing is to enjoy themselves, as it doesn't even benefit themselves outside of NB.
     
         

  15. #15
    -Yard-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Yard- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Narutobase
    Posts
    25,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Well since this is the stuff we talk about a lot you know I agree xD
     
         

  16. #16
    Sabo's Avatar
    Status
    Sabo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In my castle, on the edge of Hell...I mean Kumogakure
    Posts
    11,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are all madness...it lurks
    deep inside all of us, no
    matter how we see it. We are
    evil, we are SIN
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Votes as best Fan Fiction!
    (Sorry for irrelevant post its just a very powerful message(read it 3 times))
     
         

  17. #17
    Selendrile's Avatar
    Status
    Selendrile is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    16,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    I wonder how effective it would be if we wipe the entire thing clean, and start over, perhaps with a better system (*coughs*Zero Kelvin's suggestions*coughs*). Yes, it would be hated in the short run. But, like most things, it'll be better in the future.

    Overall, nice thread - excellent message.
    You have my support.
     
         

  18. #18
    Ciberr's Avatar
    Status
    Ciberr is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mareland !
    Posts
    11,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cibah.
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    I wonder how effective it would be if we wipe the entire thing clean, and start over, perhaps with a better system (*coughs*Zero Kelvin's suggestions*coughs*). Yes, it would be hated in the short run. But, like most things, it'll be better in the future.

    Overall, nice thread - excellent message.
    I like the sound of that ..
     
         

  19. #19
    Ryūjin's Avatar
    Status
    Ryūjin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In an alternate dimension!
    Posts
    21,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Engaged. Saraisthebest!!
    #henrikisevil
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
    I want to add to this myself.
    Firstly, I've been here well over three years. I've been a sensei in the past and I am one now.
    And guess what?
    I don't have anything. I don't know Sharingan, anything OP, I dropped my customs, and the only thing I ever learned was Byakugan (for a test), Wood, and Shadow. I learned Wood because Tenzo was my username at the time, and he was my favorite character in Naruto. Shikamaru, likewise, also shares a similar spot. I role play as them because I enjoy acting out their motives, their character, and their personality.
    The point of RPing is to have fun. We don't benefit from it in real life in any manner. Naturally, we come to NarutoBase for our own enjoyments and it's important to keep this in mind.

    I also must say one more thing.
    Senseis and students have the same social level. Just because someone became a sensei, it does in NO MANNER make them godlike. Do not treat them like that. You deserve the same respect as they do. They should not be ignoring anyone, treating you like you're a lower form in society, or looking down upon you. I am sick of that. We are all human and should have the same deference. Furthermore, a student and a sensei should have a relationship, just like the manga. Our duty is to help people learn, not to lord over them. This may also apply to mods.


    Also, don't consistently strive to become OP. Strive to make RP fun, keep it the way it's meant to be. Because, like Alexander the Great said, if you conquer everything, and there's nothing left to conquer, what happiness and meaning is there left in it?
    Thumbs up to this ^

    I specifically liked the last sentence, when you do something you do it because you like it, you want to have fun with it, people look at power ups like they are the reason they are here, they just wanna get them so bad that they would start to argue, and flame just to reach it, no matter the means but when they do reach it what now? it's not worth anything anymore, reaching it like that actually you will feel less of yourself, and all you simply do is use those powers to your heart's contant, spamming them and striving to win, in the end you'll just lose interest, either try to get your hands on some more powers, or simply leave the RP community, because that spark you had that made the RP fun for you, is now gone.

    Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying don't get the power ups you want, just prepare yourself for them, then get them fair and square, i realize it might be hard, and might take a long time, but when you do get them you'd only grow more interested in the RP, rather than leave it, you'll try to have fun with it, not simply use it as means to win against weaker opponents, people are competitive in nature, use that nature in a good way, not flame or present arguments just for the sake of winning, it will make people think less of you and like i said before you'd think less of you.

    And thanks Nagato for that awesome dialogue @_@, i honestly didn't feel the time passing by when i was reading it, you addressed the problems we're having in a nice, non bashing way, thanks and likes for you bro ^^
     
         

  20. #20
    -Yard-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Yard- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Narutobase
    Posts
    25,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    I wonder how effective it would be if we wipe the entire thing clean, and start over, perhaps with a better system (*coughs*Zero Kelvin's suggestions*coughs*). Yes, it would be hated in the short run. But, like most things, it'll be better in the future.

    Overall, nice thread - excellent message.
    Honestly I think some mods would commit suicide if their years of work were wiped xD
     
         

  21. #21
    Nos Venerabilem KeotsuEclipse's Avatar
    Status
    KeotsuEclipse is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Yard- View Post
    Honestly I think some mods would commit suicide if their years of work were wiped xD
    Still, it could potentially be the best course of actions. At what point do you have to keep putting band-aids on a broken system before you finally break down and make a new one?

    ...I miss the Bleach RP. >_<
     
         

  22. #22
    Obíto's Avatar
    Status
    Obíto is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ☪ Ryūchi Cave ☪
    Posts
    17,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Rock N Rolla-
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by General Teno View Post
    That vm message was kinda deep
    and i agree with it
    I honestly wasnt going to post this, but when I received that VM, i had a sudden change of heart

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciberr View Post
    I honestly don't think I've read something that lengthy on this site and the thought of "This is a crap wall of text" never crossed my mind. That was a perfect address to what many of us want to say .. We've just never put it into the terms in which you did. Really good. Really good. . . . My mans :D
    Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by Asuna View Post
    Read the whole thing.This is all true and agree without you Nagato.. we need to cut this shit out.
    Yes we do and thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    honestly it's all true especially the arguments

    *looks at the Ninja world threads* -_-
    One of my inspirations to this thread.. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    damn son where'd you find this?

    Seriously though, this is one of the most perfect threads ive ever read
    Built up emotion over the past two years of drama, feeling like I wasted my time amongst other emotions..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirio hikifune View Post
    It's members like nagato that make it worth visiting this site . enjoyed this read was very insightful

    This post almost made me tear up. I wish other people viewed me that way. But you know people like me are never in a position to ever do anything about our problems.


    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
    I want to add to this myself.
    Firstly, I've been here well over three years. I've been a sensei in the past and I am one now.
    And guess what?
    I don't have anything. I don't know Sharingan, anything OP, I dropped my customs, and the only thing I ever learned was Byakugan (for a test), Wood, and Shadow. I learned Wood because Tenzo was my username at the time, and he was my favorite character in Naruto. Shikamaru, likewise, also shares a similar spot. I role play as them because I enjoy acting out their motives, their character, and their personality.
    The point of RPing is to have fun. We don't benefit from it in real life in any manner. Naturally, we come to NarutoBase for our own enjoyments and it's important to keep this in mind.

    I also must say one more thing.
    Senseis and students have the same social level. Just because someone became a sensei, it does in NO MANNER make them godlike. Do not treat them like that. You deserve the same respect as they do. They should not be ignoring anyone, treating you like you're a lower form in society, or looking down upon you. I am sick of that. We are all human and should have the same deference. Furthermore, a student and a sensei should have a relationship, just like the manga. Our duty is to help people learn, not to lord over them. This may also apply to mods.


    Also, don't consistently strive to become OP. Strive to make RP fun, keep it the way it's meant to be. Because, like Alexander the Great said, if you conquer everything, and there's nothing left to conquer, what happiness and meaning is there left in it?
    Another member who was similar to that way of thinking was Dan (The Pervy Sage)

    We fought using only cannon techniques and limiting ourselves to only one or two elements in order to make the fight realistic. he was the first person to awaken me out of the way I used to fight. You were another that made me realize that this isnt worth it. We need to return to our roots.

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    I wonder how effective it would be if we wipe the entire thing clean, and start over, perhaps with a better system (*coughs*Zero Kelvin's suggestions*coughs*). Yes, it would be hated in the short run. But, like most things, it'll be better in the future.

    Overall, nice thread - excellent message.

    People would feel like they wasted years of their RP career, but nonetheless I would completely support it.

    If I could wipe away 2 years of nonsense and replace it with a clean future of fun, happiness and eventful meaning to my RP experience than its completely worth it, and I thank you for reading my lengthy post man..



    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Someone link this to ReXii, he can learn a thing or two.

    I'd like to post a quote of Akihiko.
    No need to bash or flame kind sir..

    Quote Originally Posted by Asuna View Post
    Votes as best Fan Fiction!
    (Sorry for irrelevant post its just a very powerful message(read it 3 times))
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante.. View Post
    Thumbs up to this ^

    I specifically liked the last sentence, when you do something you do it because you like it, you want to have fun with it, people look at power ups like they are the reason they are here, they just wanna get them so bad that they would start to argue, and flame just to reach it, no matter the means but when they do reach it what now? it's not worth anything anymore, reaching it like that actually you will feel less of yourself, and all you simply do is use those powers to your heart's contant, spamming them and striving to win, in the end you'll just lose interest, either try to get your hands on some more powers, or simply leave the RP community, because that spark you had that made the RP fun for you, is now gone.

    Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying don't get the power ups you want, just prepare yourself for them, then get them fair and square, i realize it might be hard, and might take a long time, but when you do get them you'd only grow more interested in the RP, rather than leave it, you'll try to have fun with it, not simply use it as means to win against weaker opponents, people are competitive in nature, use that nature in a good way, not flame or present arguments just for the sake of winning, it will make people think less of you and like i said before you'd think less of you.

    And thanks Nagato for that awesome dialogue @_@, i honestly didn't feel the time passing by when i was reading it, you addressed the problems we're having in a nice, non bashing way, thanks and likes for you bro ^^

    No problem man, you really know how I feel about the RP. Thanks for reading. Problem is..

    people know we have a problem, but dont do anything about it because theyre scared..
     
         

  23. #23
    Myobokuzan Sanzen's Avatar
    Status
    Sanzen is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust | Respect | Integrity
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    I feel like people take rp to seriously at points now. The arguments are ridiculous, so what you lost? If you win, you get some practice under your belt, if you lose, well you learned what not to do or maybe to try something new. I wasn't here for the "good times" of rp but from what I have heard and seen, people could pop into rp threads post memes or jump into fights and not get reported. Now heaven forbid people do that and all hell breaks lose.

    This obviously took some time, it was well written and thought out.
     
         

  24. #24
    -Yard-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Yard- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Narutobase
    Posts
    25,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    Still, it could potentially be the best course of actions. At what point do you have to keep putting band-aids on a broken system before you finally break down and make a new one?

    ...I miss the Bleach RP. >_<



    All jokes aside I think it would be cool if a sister site of nb made a naruto RP, tried everything out how they'd want it to be, and use successful mechanics here.
     
         

  25. #25
    Ciberr's Avatar
    Status
    Ciberr is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mareland !
    Posts
    11,310
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cibah.
     

    Re: NB RolePlay...Seriously what the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagato.. View Post
    Thank you
    You're welcome . This thread actually put me in a good mood, hopefully some change will be about us.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonnello View Post
    I feel like people take rp to seriously at points now. The arguments are ridiculous, so what you lost? If you win, you get some practice under your belt, if you lose, well you learned what not to do or maybe to try something new. I wasn't here for the "good times" of rp but from what I have heard and seen, people could pop into rp threads post memes or jump into fights and not get reported. Now heaven forbid people do that and all hell breaks lose.

    This obviously took some time, it was well written and thought out.
    My thoughts all the time (Bold).
     
         

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •