Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Taijutsu with Akihiko

*Is waiting...*

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taijutsu with Akihiko

Okay, you said you won't be back until November 1st.
    I want to know why you want to learn Taijutsu and how YOU plan to use it during a battle. It's a descriptive art, so you must be very detailed whenever using it in fights.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, since I was 5 I have been doing Judo, which is one if the reasons I am the person who I am, besides Judo I have done Jiu-jitsu and recently started boxing, so material arts or free form fighting have been a huge part of my life.
    Recently we had a Free form Material arts Tournament in Konoha, and even though I lost my first match on a decision, I loved analysing what my opponent did, seeing it before me in my head and then coming up with my own defence and attack, mostly using knowledge I personally have gained over the years, what works and what won't work, but also a lot of imagination and some help from youtube video's and picture to make a move sometimes clearer for my opponent because sometimes you get a bit lost in a wall of text. I had that with -Yusuke- (who was my opponent) he made a small mistake in his move, by accident writing that he used his left hand instead of his right hand, and it got me confused a bit, but because he could show a picture it was suddenly much more clearer for me, and it was the same way around, he didn't get a move for 100%, since it was kinda of a wally description, but after some aid from a youtube video is was clear for both of us what happened.
    To be honest, that taught me to be descriptive, since it was the first time I actually did a free form fight in the RP.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a second...*checks watch* It is DEFINITELY NOT NOVEMBER 1ST.
    Haha, just joking.
    Your thread will be the last one I'll reply to tonight, I'm knocked out after six hours of training.

Ah, personal opinions are the greatest. Fighting is indeed one of the most important defensive capabilities we have as humans. I myself have taken Taekwondo for three years just for the knowledge.

As I mentioned before, it is very important to visualize Taijutsu and how it works in any fight because there are many things going at once. Just some simple ones I can think of is the amount of force you use, your positioning, your balance, your timing. All these must be taken into account while fighting someone in close combat. I will go over more specific details as we progress through the training.
    Yes, role playing must be descriptive, not to give you trouble, but to avoid arguments and make it fun for everyone. Stories are the best, in my opinion, as I personally enjoy writing a story out of the battles I have.

Excellent.
    Now let's proceed to the first and most basic jutsu.
    Remember what Kakashi did to Naruto when they did the bell test?
    He used his Ichi Ichi book on him. o_o
    So now, take my Ichi Ichi book and do what Kakashi did to my Naruto, but to my clone instead.
    Describe the process.

Oh, Yusuke, haha, a dear friend of mine. I taught him his elements, I think. o_o Some of it. Then I left NB which pissed him off. Woops.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

, I know, but I had to wait four hours on the airfield before I could catch my plane, so instead of boring myself I decided to reply

As I stand about 5 meters away from your clone, holding your Icha Icha book in his right hand, I take a minute to observe his stance. Seeing that he is standing in a casual stance, holding the Icha Icha book in one hand to read, and the other hand casually in his pocket, but having a strong and balanced stance. Knowing that your clone won't do anything until I make a move, I raise my hands in front of me to shoulder level to either attack or defend myself. As I raise my fists, I start to close the gap between you clone and me my moving slowly forward, my left side facing you. Seeing that your clone doesn't react to my movements, I quickly punch towards his nose as soon as I am close enough, since I know that he is watching me, and thus will dodge the attack I wait a split second to see how he is going to react. Seeing that you clone bends his knees, and dodges underneath my fist, I raise my left knee and aim for his face to break his nose. At the moment my knee his your clone's nose, I move my left arm down and hit the back of your clone's head with with my elbow, causing him to fall over on the ground while I move my left leg behind my right, so that I stand next to your clone. The moment your clone hits the ground, I bent my knees and place my left knee forcefully on to his lower neck, immobilising him and place my right knee on his lower back for a moment to keep him down. Then I lift my right knee from your clones back, and while pressing all my weight on the clone's neck, I turn 90 degrees so that I am facing the same way as your clone and place my right feet onto your clones left elbow, immobilising the arm while shifting my right knee a bit towards your clone's left shoulder, immobilising this arm too. Then I bent forwards and place my right thumb onto one of the pressure points on your clone's arm, the one that's just 'below' the thumb (tai-en) to release your clone's grip from the Icha Icha book. As he let go of the book, I pick it up with my left hand and toss it towards you, while I keep your clone pointed to the ground.

Here you go, sensei, have a nice read^^

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

While stealing the Icha Icha book from him was very nice, I actually intended for you to shove it up his arse. ''
    But I can't really compare with that detail, I'll be honest. I'll have to pick your moves out one by one and see what you can improve on...though from the looks of it, you might really like free form Taijutsu.
    (Sennen Goroshi) - 1000 Years Of Death
    Type:Attack
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:N/A
    Damage Points:5(apply damage cost for kunai and explosives separately if either or both are used with this jutsu)
    Description:The user makes the sign of the tiger and force able punches it into the enemy's behind.

This one sounds simple, but is not. Just strike my clone with a strong punch directed towards his chest.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

, must be painful to have a book shoved up in your arse>.<

I start running towards your clone while moving my right arm a bit behind my shoulder line. As I come within a meter distance of your clone, I strike forwards with my right fist and punch your clone in his chest, causing him to topple over due to the forward momentum from both the bunch and my forwards motion, while his ribs break and punctuates trough his lungs.

Last edited by Yugure; 11-01-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good. Keep in mind that striking with your dominant hand is always going to make it strong than your other hand.
    Also, do you know the purpose of running before executing a Taijutsu move?

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

mmm, I would say that it will give you your momentum, and thus more power can be put behind a punch since momentum is mass x velocity. You can't increase your mass, so to gain more momentum you have to increase your velocity (running speed).

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Running allows for great momentum if you also stomp down with your dominant foot AND then punch. Especially if you use your weaker hand, it makes up for the lack of power due to your stable footing.
    Nicely done.
    (Gangeki) - Rock Attack
    Type: Attack
    Range: Short
    Chakra cost: N/A
    Damage points: 10
    Description: The user will strike their opponent with a strong punch to the chest

Now, proceed with a running start once more, but this time, when you get to my clone, deliver a kick with your dominant leg into his face. "DYNNAMMICCCC ENNNTRRYYY!"

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Finally a bit of use for my stupid Physics lessons>.<

I start by running towards your clone, and as soon as I am in Short Range, I jump up in the air, stretching my right, dominant leg in front of me, aiming towards your clone's face and scream DYNNAMMICCCC ENNNTRRYYY! Hitting your clone in his face, and causing him to topple over with a broken nose.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I had AP Physics and let me tell you...that was hell.

Well done on the move.
    Now, do you know the difference between a 180 and a 360 kick?

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm doing A-Level Physics, and I honestly don't know why I choose it>.<

Besides the fact the with one you only turn 180 degrees (half circle) and the other one you turn 360 degrees (full circle)? I would say a 360 kick is more powerful because you have more side ways momentum. Down side is that your opponent has more time to react to your attack, and at one point will be in your blindspot, which makes it impossible for you to see what he's doing.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. So what about the timing in regards to both of these moves?

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To preform a 360 kick, you have to start earlier with spinning around, since you have to make a whole circle, which takes more time then spinning just half of the circle for a 180 kick.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Well put. A 360 kick would take longer, leave you more vulnerable, but have more power than a 180 one.
    (Dainamikku Entori) - Dynamic Entry
    Type:Attack
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:N/A
    Damage Points:10
    Description:A taijutsu attack were the user does a jumping kick into the opponents face.

Alright, my clone will now proceed to begin running at you.
    Once he gets into short range, do a low sweeping kick with your dominant leg to throw him off balance.
    Tell me the impact of such a move.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

, I think you put the wrong technique there, I think you meant

(Konoha Reppū) - Leaf Gale
    Chakra Cost: N/A
    Description: This technique is a good example of how even simple taijutsu can become a pre-eminently destructive, lethal technique. The attack is a simple rear spinning low kick, but a strong enough user can send a large adult flying as if they weighed nothing. The goal is to throw the enemy off balance, and deal damage to the lower half of their body.

So, I'll just use that one

I start running towards your clone, and as soon as I am in short range of him, about 2 meters away, I make my final step forwards while sinking trough my left knee and stretching my right leg at the same time, while spinning rapidly to my left, around my axis. This causes my right leg to hit your clone's legs on ankle hight and makes him topple over towards the ground, due to the sudden impact on his legs.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

o_O I put the right one..........
    Anyways, well done. If your opponent happens to be running at VERY high speeds however, such a kick can send him flying into the air.

Also, this move's purpose is to throw your opponent off balance.
    Explain why it's important to maintain balance in Taijutsu.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought it was the wrong one, since I already had done Dynamic Entry before>.< I won't say anything anymore

Balance is your strength, being of balance means you can put less power into a punch/kick which means it will be less powerful. Also, having a proper balance means you can continue with your next attack, without having to waist time to regain it and prepare for the next attack.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, you haven't started teaching someone in Wind when they asked for Fire. LOL.
    <- Guilty.

Excellent. So if thrown off balance, it leaves you very much vulnerable too.
    (Konoha Reppū) - Leaf Gale
    Description: This technique is a good example of how even simple taijutsu can become a pre-eminently destructive, lethal technique. The attack is a simple rear spinning low kick, but a strong enough user can send a large adult flying as if they weighed nothing. The goal is to throw the enemy off balance, and deal damage to the lower half of their body.

Next, proceed to dash up to my clone, but when you get near, raise your leg for a kick aimed towards the higher part of his body. However, this is simply a feint, and your second kick should directly connect with his rib cage.
    Explain how body weight and feints come into play during such a move.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How did that happen?

I start by running towards your clone and as I am within kicking distance of him, I raise my leg and pretend to aim for his face from a sidewards angle, while turning my body to the left, giving the kick more power. This causes your clone to react, and raise his guard to protect his face, leaving a wide gap at his middle section. The moment your clone raises his guard, I alter the movement of my leg slightly, so I am no longer aiming for his face, but instead to the 'free space' at his ribs, crushing them because of the extra turning movement of my body, and causing your clone to be thrown off his feet, and several meters away from me.

More Mass (Body weight) means you can put more power behind your attack, without really putting more effort in it, to keep it on the Physics, Force is Mass times Acceleration (F=ma). So, even though acceleration will stay the same, a greater mass will mean a greater force

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I had about 20 tabs of training open. I did this to Gobi, by the way, I still feel dumb for it two years later.

Ah, yes, I would usually teach people about force = mass x acceleration in Ninjutsu because they would utilize a huge hammer, haha, but nice of you state it here too. You will find soon that many laws of physics come into play during Taijutsu (and I can assure you I suck at AP Physics, haha, that was terror).

(Konoha Senpū) - Leaf Hurricane
    Damage Points: 10
    Description: A taijutsu where one launches a succession of high kicks and low kicks. Firstly, the opponent's evasion margin is restrained upon seeing the high kick, thus augmenting the chances for the low kick to hit the mark connecting to the rib cage area. So originally the high kick is little more than a feint.

And, ironically, this next utilizes the law of gravity (objects fall at 9.8 m/s without air resistance). Proceed to lean back, letting gravity take you down towards the ground, but at the last moment, shift all that body weight forward to strike my clone with a kick aimed at his head. Think of how the posture affects the power of your move.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ah well, we're all humans

I do IB Physics, it's like a pre-university course. I don't know what it would be called in the US, but in the UK it is sixth form, and it takes up a LOT of time>.<

I start to run forwards, and once I am close to your clone, I lean backwards and bending my left leg a bit so my gravity point lays lower then your clone's, and kick with my right leg towards your clone's head. As he thinks I will hit his head, he brings his hands up to defend himself, and like last time, I alter the direction of my kick slightly and kick him on his sternum instead, causing him to be lifted into the air.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I would kill myself before applying for a class like that. >.> I hate everything math.

So this jutsu is more like...well, say, a ball on a string. It's been like three years since AP Physics so I'll suck at explaining it, but basically, by shifting your entire body weight forward, it immediately flows into the power of your attack. xD
    (Konoha Shōfū) – Leaf Rising Wind
    Chakra cost: N/A
    Damage points: 20
    Description: This technique uses the entire body as a spring, by amassing power through taking a posture where the back of the body falls down. With this powerful taijutsu, the user kicks just above the head. Because the power of the kick from the ground is instantly converted into a blow, the enemy hit with this attack will be launched high into the sky.

Now, proceed to strike my clone with a downwards thrust so that he is smashed into the ground painfully. What might be the purpose of such a move?

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, most of the time I wonder why I choose it, but it's too late to switch now>.<

btw, the technique description talks about being launched into the sky, and you talk about a downwards trust, now I'm getting a bit confused, who to listen to>.<

I start by running towards your clone, and as I am within kicking range of your clone, I raise my right leg, and aim for a kick towards your clones face, while at the same time leaning back, giving my kick a bit more power. Because of the huge amount of force, your clone is launched upwards into the sky before he falls down again and falls into a heap on the ground.

The downwards thrust you talk about is to immobilise your opponent for a second, if he is laying on the floor, he is more vunrebale to attacks, but can't attack properly himself either...

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last»