Page 2 of 6 « First 123456 Last»
    Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: Taijutsu with Akihiko

How did that happen?

I start by running towards your clone and as I am within kicking distance of him, I raise my leg and pretend to aim for his face from a sidewards angle, while turning my body to the left, giving the kick more power. This causes your clone to react, and raise his guard to protect his face, leaving a wide gap at his middle section. The moment your clone raises his guard, I alter the movement of my leg slightly, so I am no longer aiming for his face, but instead to the 'free space' at his ribs, crushing them because of the extra turning movement of my body, and causing your clone to be thrown off his feet, and several meters away from me.

More Mass (Body weight) means you can put more power behind your attack, without really putting more effort in it, to keep it on the Physics, Force is Mass times Acceleration (F=ma). So, even though acceleration will stay the same, a greater mass will mean a greater force

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

I had about 20 tabs of training open. I did this to Gobi, by the way, I still feel dumb for it two years later.

Ah, yes, I would usually teach people about force = mass x acceleration in Ninjutsu because they would utilize a huge hammer, haha, but nice of you state it here too. You will find soon that many laws of physics come into play during Taijutsu (and I can assure you I suck at AP Physics, haha, that was terror).

(Konoha Senpū) - Leaf Hurricane
    Type: Attack
    Chakra Cost: N/A
    Damage Points: 10
    Description: A taijutsu where one launches a succession of high kicks and low kicks. Firstly, the opponent's evasion margin is restrained upon seeing the high kick, thus augmenting the chances for the low kick to hit the mark connecting to the rib cage area. So originally the high kick is little more than a feint.

And, ironically, this next utilizes the law of gravity (objects fall at 9.8 m/s without air resistance). Proceed to lean back, letting gravity take you down towards the ground, but at the last moment, shift all that body weight forward to strike my clone with a kick aimed at his head. Think of how the posture affects the power of your move.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Ah well, we're all humans

I do IB Physics, it's like a pre-university course. I don't know what it would be called in the US, but in the UK it is sixth form, and it takes up a LOT of time>.<

I start to run forwards, and once I am close to your clone, I lean backwards and bending my left leg a bit so my gravity point lays lower then your clone's, and kick with my right leg towards your clone's head. As he thinks I will hit his head, he brings his hands up to defend himself, and like last time, I alter the direction of my kick slightly and kick him on his sternum instead, causing him to be lifted into the air.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

I would kill myself before applying for a class like that. >.> I hate everything math.

So this jutsu is more like...well, say, a ball on a string. It's been like three years since AP Physics so I'll suck at explaining it, but basically, by shifting your entire body weight forward, it immediately flows into the power of your attack. xD
    (Konoha Shōfū) – Leaf Rising Wind
    Range: Short
    Chakra cost: N/A
    Damage points: 20
    Description: This technique uses the entire body as a spring, by amassing power through taking a posture where the back of the body falls down. With this powerful taijutsu, the user kicks just above the head. Because the power of the kick from the ground is instantly converted into a blow, the enemy hit with this attack will be launched high into the sky.

Now, proceed to strike my clone with a downwards thrust so that he is smashed into the ground painfully. What might be the purpose of such a move?

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Well, most of the time I wonder why I choose it, but it's too late to switch now>.<

btw, the technique description talks about being launched into the sky, and you talk about a downwards trust, now I'm getting a bit confused, who to listen to>.<

I start by running towards your clone, and as I am within kicking range of your clone, I raise my right leg, and aim for a kick towards your clones face, while at the same time leaning back, giving my kick a bit more power. Because of the huge amount of force, your clone is launched upwards into the sky before he falls down again and falls into a heap on the ground.

The downwards thrust you talk about is to immobilise your opponent for a second, if he is laying on the floor, he is more vunrebale to attacks, but can't attack properly himself either...

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

.......I am not sure what you're implying....
    ->
    (Asshō) - Pressure Palm
    Damage points: 15
    Description: The user strikes their opponent with a downwards thrust striking them to the floor.

This is the jutsu after the previous one.[/SPOILER]
    Now, proceed to strike my clone with an upwards thrust, sending him into the air. How might you take advantage of his vulnerable state?

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
    .......I am not sure what you're implying....
    ->
    (Asshō) - Pressure Palm
    Description: The user strikes their opponent with a downwards thrust striking them to the floor.

This is the jutsu after the previous one.[/SPOILER]
    Now, proceed to strike my clone with an upwards thrust, sending him into the air. How might you take advantage of his vulnerable state?
    I'll just shut up>.< Even I don't know what I am talking about anymore...

I start running towards your clone, while clenching my right fist. As I am with in a meter away from your clone I take my last step forward with my left foot, while twisting my body to give me extra momentum and burying my fist in your clone's stomach, lifting him up and sending him flying into the air.

While you are in the air, you are vunrebale to attacks, it will be difficult to defend yourself against them.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

No, no, don't, xD. I like people who think out of the box and question stuff. Makes things more amazing and interesting.
    Good response. It would be hard to control the direction of your flight and with so many forces working on you at once, it'd definitely be difficult to pull off a certain move.
    (Shōgekishō) - Upwards Attacking Palm
    Description: The user strikes their opponent with an upwards thrust into the abdomen lifting them into the air.

Next, proceed to run at my clone and deliver a palm thrust to his chest.
    What do you think the difference between punching your opponent with a fist in comparison to a palm?

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Fine fine, I'll just keep on rambling then>.<

I start by running towards your clone, and as I am within punching distance, I step in with my left foot and while moving my upper body towards my left side, I place my palm forcefully onto your clone's abdomen, lifting him up in the air, and thrusting him backwards.

The only thing I can think about that the impact will be different, with a fist, all of the energy is compressed onto a small spot, while the impact area of a palm is bigger.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Raammbllee all daaayyy!

Hm, yes, the palm is almost like inflicting the force. It would push your opponent backwards rather than an impact all at once and it would definitely allow a bigger impact on the chest in comparison to a fist, which is more focused.
    (Hōshō) - Crumbling Palm
    Description: The user strikes the opponent with a forwarding palm thrust.

Now, proceed to run up and strike my clone with your shoulder. o_o

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

, the force^^ but I only talk about useless stuff, which is to no interest to the rest of the world>.<

I start by running towards your clone, and as I come into short range of him, I put a bit more power behind my feet to speed up a bit more, while at the same time I twist my upper body a bit to the left, causing my right shoulder to be the closest to your clone, and hit him with the point of my shoulder in his sternum.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Good job. So what are some advantages and disadvantages of using your entire body to strike an opponent?

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Advantage is that you can put more mass and thus power behind an attack, so the attack will be more powerful. But the disadvantage of full body attacks are that, if the opponent dodges it, you haven't got your balance and thus you are vulnerable to (counter) attacks. Also, once you start the attack, it is difficult to stop or do a different movement if your opponent reacts on it somehow...

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Excellent. You put your whole body weight into it, so it'd be hard for you to recover in time too.
    (Tokken) - Thrusting Shoulder
    Description: The user will jump into the opponent thrusting their shoulder to strike them.

Next, proceed to run up to my opponent and strike them with your knee.
    Describe the impact.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

I start with running towards your clone, as I am within arm length of him, I plant my left foot powerfully in the ground, while at the same time raising my left knee, aiming for your clone's crotch, since that is it's most vunrebale place. As he winches on the first impact, I continue my movement causing your clone to be lifted into the air.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

LOL? Excellent job, was thinking more on the lines of grabbing head->knee. xD
    (Shōshitsu) - Rising Knee
    Description: The user will strike their opponent with an upwards thrust with their knee.

Anyways, proceed to toss my clone up in any way possible, then follow him up into the air, grabbing his ankles while wrapping your legs around his waist.
    By taking advantage of the gravity and the fall, drive him down into the ground, head first.
    Describe the impact it has on him and the ground.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

NOOO, my way is way more effective on guys

I start by running towards your clone, and as I within kicking range, I bent slightly trough me left knee and kick your clone up into the air. The moment your clone is kicked into the air, I jump up next to him, grabbing him with my legs, wrapping them around hi waist. As gravity pulls us down, I turn us in the air, now falling down head first towards the ground. Last minute I release him, and he smashes into the ground with a high speed, leaving a small crater around his head from the impact. If he isn't dead, he will probably have a splitting headache^^

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

>.> Dam.
    And well done. xD
    (Hayabusa Otoshi) - Peregrine Falcon Drop
    Chakra Cost: N/A
    Damage Points:15
    Description: The user grabs a falling opponent by their ankles, wraps his legs around their waist, and drives them head first into the ground, similar to the Front Lotus.

Now, proceed to start flipping towards my clone and when you get near him, deal exactly 7 strikes in the form of either kicks or punches.
    Why might be flipping be a good way to engage a battle?

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

<_<

I start running towards your clone, and as I approach him I start making several forward flips while closing the gap between him and me. Then as I finish the last flip, I stand in front of him and immediately start punching him with my left and right hand, both 3 times, before turning my body and sending him flying sidewards with a kick

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

*cough* The question.