Akatsuki Member USSJ Future Trunks's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi's worst matchup

who is itachis natural enemy?
    i think its between
    mu. because his invisibility power renders his chakra invisible, not just his body, ie he erases it. sharingan sees chakra and muscles to predict/copy their opponent. but its not much good if it cant. and itachis got nothing to block jinton with. if mu attacks from behidn then yatas greatest strength is its greatest weakness. it will HAVE to repel the jinton, back at itachis face. ammy's useless because of mu's sensing and speed as well as experience fighting uchihas.

sasori. no experience fighting uchihas but he can split apart, making himself virtually immune to taijutsu and amaterasu, transfer himself to his other puppets (again amaterasu counter), possesses magnetite which is a ridiculously strong defence as it cant even be melted by lava, nor pierced by attacks weaker than diamond. if totsukas best feat is cutting through kimimaro's bones its in trouble. moreover i dont believe sasori can be hit by genjutsu. he doesnt have to breath nor see to fight. as its all done with puppets. itachi would have to destroy every single one of them and that takes its toll. sasori being in akatsuki longer than itachi, would give him a distinct advantage of knowing more about itachi than vice versa. hes not exactly famous besides his own village whereas practically everyone seemed to know about the black flames after the jiraiya encounter, and even danzo knew about susano.

sasuke because you could call him itachi: the good version since he has every itachi power, just better. better stamina, better amaterasu, better susano given the fact totsuka cant penetrate it but sasuke can attack itachi's susano etc. and hes already broken tsukiyomi

honorable mentions:
    bm naruto, SM kabuto (discounting izanami), obito, madara, nagato but not included because they are already strong enough to defeat 90% of narutoverse anyway.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Itachi's worst matchup

Obito, Madara and Onooki/Mui

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I always thought itachi's worst match-up.... would be a mirror.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

6 paths of pain

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangekyo'n'stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatflash View Post
    I always thought itachi's worst match-up.... would be a mirror.
    it is a mirror...

Status
    Feb 2012
    In my castle, sending my minions to wipe out Narutoverse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

Agreed with your list, but Sasori can only beat a sick Itachi in my book, because he suffers more from the side effects of using his MS.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmmm......i think its Six paths of pain, he can take all of them one on one, but not all at once, plus his shared vision makes his genjutsu useless, plus rinnegan naturally > sharingan.

Others may be Kabuto, whom he cannot apply genjutsu.

Note:- Naruto, Bee is not a problem, they can escape normal genjutsu(still doubt about naruto) but they fall for Tsukuyomi. Since in less than sec, the Bijuu cannot sense or realise that the host is in genjutsu. Plus Amaterasu is be good for roasting a octopus or a red fox, Susanoo + Yata mirror tanks Bijuu damas and totsuka seals them.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

N/A atm until further notice.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

totsuka seals them.
    totsuka is kusanagis counterpart and even kusanagi couldnt pierce a weaker kurama. so what makes you think they get through a 10x stronger shroud in bm naruto?

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prove your point or stay home~

I find it funny you missed guy. There are so many others but I can't be bothered ATM lol

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by USSJ Future Trunks View Post
    who is itachis natural enemy?
    i think its between
    mu. because his invisibility power renders his chakra invisible, not just his body, ie he erases it. sharingan sees chakra and muscles to predict/copy their opponent. but its not much good if it cant. and itachis got nothing to block jinton with. if mu attacks from behidn then yatas greatest strength is its greatest weakness. it will HAVE to repel the jinton, back at itachis face. ammy's useless because of mu's sensing and speed as well as experience fighting uchihas.

sasori. no experience fighting uchihas but he can split apart, making himself virtually immune to taijutsu and amaterasu, transfer himself to his other puppets (again amaterasu counter), possesses magnetite which is a ridiculously strong defence as it cant even be melted by lava, nor pierced by attacks weaker than diamond. if totsukas best feat is cutting through kimimaro's bones its in trouble. moreover i dont believe sasori can be hit by genjutsu. he doesnt have to breath nor see to fight. as its all done with puppets. itachi would have to destroy every single one of them and that takes its toll. sasori being in akatsuki longer than itachi, would give him a distinct advantage of knowing more about itachi than vice versa. hes not exactly famous besides his own village whereas practically everyone seemed to know about the black flames after the jiraiya encounter, and even danzo knew about susano.

sasuke because you could call him itachi: the good version since he has every itachi power, just better. better stamina, better amaterasu, better susano given the fact totsuka cant penetrate it but sasuke can attack itachi's susano etc. and hes already broken tsukiyomi

honorable mentions:
    bm naruto, SM kabuto (discounting izanami), obito, madara, nagato but not included because they are already strong enough to defeat 90% of narutoverse anyway.

i have so many problems with what you said its actually sickening that you believe yourself

1) Mu: mu got body bodybaged by ems madara with 0 difficulty then got lectured, you dnt know if he's fought more uchiha than madara, obviously he can be seen if madara destroyed him, he's NOT faster than amateretsu

2) sasori: his life depends on that heart, if its in itachi's sight, it will get amateretsued which is game over, itachi can hit it with a shuriken seeing at how he is top 2 with shuriken, sasori lost to sakura, susanoo plus weapon would DESTROY sasori

3) sasuke: you said he has better everything, how about tsukyomi, didnt think so,he's also not smarter, itachi would use susanoo and just seal him totsuka has long range and is very fast, i recall orochimaru not finishing what he was even saying before being sealed

Everyone else you said are either or wins because susanoo+tostuke+yata is the BEST combo in Naruto which is why he had to be eliminated.....

nagato already got beat..... dnt say itachi needed naruto and bees help...NO they needed his help, itachi went out of his way to help them......Let me guess the meteor, itachi could just seal him before completion

naruto: can be sealed someone said it cant pierce, but its not kusanagi its spiritual it SHOULD be able to pierce, if not if got Naruto 70/30

Madara: is better in all aspects but genjutsu, and is tied in intelligence due to battle experience, i got him 70/30 due to weapons itachi has a chance

obito: is scared of itaci, but with the ability to summon gedo its hard to pick against him....like most if it can be sealed though i got itachi...for tobi to attack itachi he must be tangible, amateretsu is instant, at that moment like minato did itachi can make this a stalemate at least 50/50

kabuto: gets sealed early itachi would have killed him but edo would go on forever

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    lͭͧ́̊ͥ̎̒̌̈́̉̌͐̈́̐
    ̷̷̶͔͕̲̠͇ͮͩ̓͛͠e͛
    ̢̨̾͗̔ͧ͆̃̉́̈́͑͐͆͢
    ͚͍̪̹͙̝͚̺̰͓͇̠l̒̔
    ̱̮̤̟̣̺̮͈̻̻́̚͢͢
    ͇̤

Anyone stronger than Ino

Also, just a daily reminder that every single post of mine is 100% fact and proven and I'm never wrong.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed,though sasori would most likely beat a sick itachi,kabuto,gaara and others are bad matchups as well.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

Obito, Madara

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

mu got body bodybaged by ems madara with 0 difficulty then got lectured
    he didnt get a single seen scratch on him. moreover its completely unknown what happened. maybe mu wasnt attacked at all and it was only onoki vs madara. madara never said he fought both. when he saw mu he didnt even react but with onoki he was like "oh yeah that brat..so hes useful" but displayed no antagonism whatsoever to mu. either he put up a good fight in some rematch or mu wasnt the least bit involved. in every panle we saw it was an aftermath with onoki being all bloodied. and you forget mu couldnt have been at the level we know him now to be. no one stays the same in power after about a decade of time has passed. if we remember the time between that fight, VOTE and tobirama's becoming hokage.

ou dnt know if he's fought more uchiha than madara, obviously he can be seen if madara destroyed him, he's NOT faster than amateretsu
    if he wasnt faster than amaterasu he wouldnt be going around dodging kcm narutos from behind. and its obvious he wasnt hit by one vs madara or he'd be DEAD. he ALREADY had those bandages so its not like it was from the wounds in that fight.

sasori: his life depends on that heart, if its in itachi's sight, it will get amateretsued which is game over,
    amaterasus a slow burn. if he transfers it to another puppet, the flames wont follow. even sakura punching where it should be did nothing. chiyo had to know exactly where it was then get close to pierce it. and sasori will be guarding such an obvious weakness with magnetite anyway. how will itachi know if the heart being destroyed will even work? he doesnt know puppetry. if he sees chakra, then he will see it flowing IN EVERY DIRECTION.

sasori lost to sakura
    no. actually thats the total opposite of what happened. he stabbed sakura and had her down for the count then chiyo rammed his parents swords in his chest. chiyo did 70% of the work. it was a team effort

susanoo plus weapon would DESTROY sasori
    a few slashes may take out 20 puppets. but what about the other TWO HUNDRED? and i doubt totsuka can break past magnetite which is harder than steel

you said he has better everything, how about tsukyomi, didnt think so
    i mentioned how tsukiyomis useless as sasukes already broken it. making a genjutsu fight pointless

itachi would use susanoo and just seal him totsuka has long range and is very fast
    no. no it isnt. and it cannot even come close to breaking past another susano. how can he seal him when its completely and utterly impossible? sasuke would just deflect that shit with his amaterasu sword

i recall orochimaru not finishing what he was even saying before being sealed
    which is why it was an off guard surprise hit. not proof of speed. if he knew what it was, saw it coming and STILL couldnt dodge then that is extremely fast

Everyone else you said are either or wins because susanoo+tostuke+yata is the BEST combo in Naruto which is why he had to be eliminated.....
    no it isnt as it was rendered worthless vs kabuto and forced him to win with a flimsy genjutsu asspull. i didnt see yata blocking anything besides sasukes bombs. its useless, featless and worthless. totsuka's good but again, lacks feats and is useless vs space time users or jinton

nagato already got beat..... dnt say itachi needed naruto and bees help...NO they needed his help
    they all needed each other. if itachi was the one who sealed him then him having backup is what was needed. otherwise kishi wouldnt show them being there at all. when he wants to portray someone as uber by themselves, he damn well does so (pain invasion). and that was a crippled controlled nagato. lets see itachi tango with a prime nagato with gedo mazo and six paths of pain.

Let me guess the meteor, itachi could just seal him before completion
    try and blitz a sensor with the god's doujutsu, ability to see chakra, and some of the best reaction feats in the series (reacting to FRS, tanking a V2 bee lariat, reacting to naruto etc)? good luck. itachi needed the dust cloud last time, and the fact nagato wasnt nagato, but kabuto controlling him.

naruto: can be sealed someone said it cant pierce, but its not kusanagi its spiritual it SHOULD be able to pierce
    if its cutting apart physical objects then its physical. a ghost sword would pass right through and be unable to attack nor be attacked. its kusanagi's counterpart/sibling sword. and people can use it without having a susano. so it should change shape from user to user. but thats its only magic property. for all we know the "genjutsu of drunken dream" isnt where the sealed people go at all.

Madara: is better in all aspects but genjutsu
    i think that myth has been crushed. whats the use of mental torture when you have a genjutsu world where you can CREATE ANYTHING inside it. just have someone be put in some blissfull genjutsu, unable to break it cos they dont WANT to. if someones reactions and mental timing is faster than the time it takes for itachis tsukiyomi to work then they should be able to break it. for example someone of sage of six paths level.

obito: is scared of itaci
    yet he never even MENTIONED him after telling naruto the truth. wouldnt his biggest concern be an edo ITACHI? not edo MADARA? but no! he didnt even bat a single EYELASH at the prospect of an immortal zombie itachi with none of his previous limitations. at least oro is always saying how hes not strong enough to take an uchihas body when hes actually not strong enough. but the fact that obito denied the alliance till kabuto brought out madara and STILL started threatening him again after getting a rinnegan, means hes not the least bit worried about edo itachi. even though kabuto said hed leave some of them with their personalities.

for tobi to attack itachi he must be tangible
    for tobi to BE ATTACKED he must be tangible. ergo he can just feint all day and let itachis attacks fail. or keep his distance and spam chains/stakes/edo jinchuriki till itachi becomes exhausted.

amateretsu is instant
    4th raikage disagrees. its fast, but not instant

kabuto: gets sealed early itachi would have killed him but edo would go on forever
    no it wouldnt. if hes in totsuka then hes not dead. he wouldnt be sealed because totsuka is just not that fast. its not faster than susano arrow which is after all an ARROW. the bow would have propelled it with so much more kinetic force than susano's arm swing. so kabuto CASUALLY avoids the totsuka sword like its nothing.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patron

Only a uchiha with the mangekyo sharingan could possibly hope to defeat him. Other than *****hashirama. The rest are hopeless, Itachi is too damn good.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Derp

Itachi doesn't have a "worst" match-up because he excels at every ninja art and area. There are no type weaknesses. He can only be defeated by those blatantly stronger than him, and that's if you ignore the fact that Madara hyped the bejezus out of Itachi's legendary items, calling him invincible because of them.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nagato,ems sasuke,kabuto,gaara,sm jiraiya,sasori,muu etc are bad matchups

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing Sounds

another uchiha :shrug:

Senior Member Izuna Kakashi Senju's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Madara,Nagato,Muu,Hiruzen(Prime due to hype),Hashirama,3rd Raikage,2nd Mizukage,Maybe sm Jiraiya and Maybe Minato

Last edited by Izuna Kakashi Senju; 10-30-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by USSJ Future Trunks View Post
    no it wouldnt. if hes in totsuka then hes not dead. he wouldnt be sealed because totsuka is just not that fast. its not faster than susano arrow which is after all an ARROW. the bow would have propelled it with so much more kinetic force than susano's arm swing. so kabuto CASUALLY avoids the totsuka sword like its nothing.
    Just for future reference, There is no such thing as "kinetic force", there are forces, and then there is kinetic energy. Very different.

OP: I agree with what you said for the most part. If I were to guess I would say that it would be a strong water release user like Tobirama or the 2nd Mizukage or maybe even Kisame to negate Itachi's strong fire techniques and the fact that all of them have good stamina they could hope to outlast Itachi in that regard. As for Kisame (and presumably the 2nd Mizukage) using the Hiding in the Mist technique could counteract Itachi's Genjutsu.

Last edited by Prefontaine; 10-30-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes, you put Muu up there first. He is obviously the perfect counter for Itachi.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Derp

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricClover View Post
    Yes, you put Muu up there first. He is obviously the perfect counter for Itachi.
    "I'll use chakra to make myself invisible." Hope that can't be seen. "The Jinton destroys everything." Except the Yata Mirror.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilt View Post
    "I'll use chakra to make myself invisible." Hope that can't be seen. "The Jinton destroys everything." Except the Yata Mirror.
    I think it would be amusing if you are attempting sarcasm here. Muu has no chakra when he goes invisible, Itachi's sharingan can see chakra. Therefore, he cannot see Muu. Read the manga again. Yata mirror only blocks from one angle, genius. And since Itachi can't see Muu and frankly Muu can fly I can't see it being any less than a small matter for Muu to fly behind Itachi's precious yata mirror and jinton susano'o in the back. Itachi is dust.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

nagato, minato (with intel) i think are the worst mach ups for itachi. no questions about nagato, minato with intel would avoid gengutsu, which is itachis main attack, amaterasu and sussano is pointless against minato. he teleports inside sussano and slashes itachis neck, no problem.
    then muu is 3rd on my list, hes lower than minato because itachi has insane sensing abilities and he applies that to kunai techniques hitting targets that he has no chance of hitting, even without a trace i think itachi will will give him hell. plus the yata mirror can block jinton, he has to get itachi from the back.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»