2 7.69%
  • 1*

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Naruto Shippuden Episode 285 "Scorch Style User: Pakura of the Sand!"– Discussion

Naruto Shippuden Episode 285 "User of the Scorch Style: Pakura of the Sand!" – Discussion

Rate This Episode Out of 5
    (1 = Lowest 5 = Highest)

What did you enjoy about this particular episode?

Is there anything you think the anime didn’t do so good?

Any mistakes spotted in this episode?

Discuss Naruto Shippuden Episode 285 Here

There is never a thread to discuss the anime? Which leads to questions being asked in the discussion section because there is nowhere else to talk about it. As the anime is going to get more intense from here on out because of the war I am going to be making discussion threads for the anime every week (probably not fillers).

There are a lot of epic battles that are about to take place in the war and as this is the anime section we need somewhere to discuss about it!

Please also state any mistakes the anime might have made to clear up any misconceptions quickly.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 285 "Scorch Style User: Pakura of the Sand!"– Discussion

I'll vote 4

Liked:
    - Character development (Maki, Omoi, Zaji)
    - Showed Suna, Iwa and Kiri stories
    - They sealed Fugaku :D
    - Showed more about the Edos

Disliked:
    - Filler (What can I say? I'm a filler hater)*

*Not all the fillers, some of them

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 285 "Scorch Style User: Pakura of the Sand!"– Discussion

I thought the fights were really good actually. Especially liked the earth techniques the captain used against Gari but the fight against Pakura was nice too.

4/5

TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Polar Bear Furrr.

I found it halirious how the great sorche style user fell for the oldest trick in the book... Then blames others for her death, what a noob.

=)
    Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

The Captain's move was pro.

Nice fighting against Pakura too.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

This episode was actually really good, I was expecting a lot less. These were the best filler fights I've seen. And they actually paid attention to the less important characters that I wanted to see, like Gari.

And they still aren't sealed so we'll see them again and this time with no emotions so no talking. But not in next weeks eisode because they need to make a stupid Tsunade flashback filler.

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

5 out 5
    •great filler fights (back story on maki, pakura and the others)
    •redemption for pakura
    •kept focus on the remaining seven swordsman showing who and how they were defeated (atleast one of them)
    •this episode also was one that interested me and made me feel bad for pakura

Only thing I disliked was the fact that she became a mindless pawn at the end...
    I figured pakura would have been set free from Edo tensei like Sasori or sai's brother.

Oh and I nearly forgot, the captain was badass!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    these kind of fillers
    OMG!
    their so BAD ASS!
    I almost shatted myself when she finally used more Scorch Style jutsus
    :crazy:
    6/5 AND FUGUKI! Hell yea. Btw That move the captian dude.. was BEYOND the best earth style i seen on Naruto yet

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Quote Originally Posted by xXxSasuke View Post
    5 out 5
    •great filler fights (back story on maki, pakura and the others)
    •redemption for pakura
    •kept focus on the remaining seven swordsman showing who and how they were defeated (atleast one of them)
    •this episode also was one that interested me and made me feel bad for pakura

Only thing I disliked was the fact that she became a mindless pawn at the end...
    I figured pakura would have been set free from Edo tensei like Sasori or sai's brother.

Oh and I nearly forgot, the captain was badass!
    Yeah I agree on the ending...thought she should have been sealed. Also that Seven Swordsman escaped! He was gone after the explosion. Manga wise he is the only swordsman other than Zabuza to be seen getting sealed (Sai's drawing seal). But I do love how the other swordsmen are getting their time! I love how Kushimaru is hanging people with his Nuibari

Status
    Sep 2012
    Anti-azzpullers Member

Is episode 285 online?

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

It was actually a good filler i liked it but there was a problem though with the stories timeline check it out .

Pakura was introduced in the Shippuden movie 3 before she was introuduced in the manga

But Maku said that was her sensei and she died when she was younger but pakura was introuduced before jiariya died the sametime naruto fought hiruko you see how to none cannon contradicted each other but it was still bad ass though.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I give it a 5/5 for a filler. Good character development and it was interesting to know the story of a legendary KKG user. There were lots of different characters in this one and lots of different abilities shown. And it was pretty action packed. This is what a filler should be all about and its what I want to see in them. Also Pakura was very hot.

If I were to take away a point, it would be because Omoi was not infusing lightning into his blade. WTF was he thinking? It would have been a cool show to see what would happen if the scorch attack hit his lightning sword.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

That combo that the Captian did was so boss and he deserves a medal.

Gari Blast style is boss, he deflected kunai with his hands

Omoi was able to keep up with Scorch style, of course with the help of Maki and Mist Ninja

Omoi's development is nice, he's always proven useful in fights, he has leadership skills and his kinjutsu is very skilled. I guess it comes from him overthinking situations to the worst case scenario which is very helpful for a shinobi

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I think this will be the last good filler though for a while, the next filler looks horrible. Allied Shinobi Mom forces level bad.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.

it was ok , nice team work , until the talk no jutsu appear

next episode is gonna suck , fliller about the past again uggh

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

4/5

The best part for me was when Capitan Monga combined his Earth Release with a number of Explosive Tags. :y

Plus, I like how Pakura mixed few balls of the Scorch Release and blast away a whole area of it's liquid.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Totally hyper about 688 and
    Kakashi's epic moment xD

pfff i voted 2 because i didn't liked a couple of things... don't hate me for it
    first of all SUCH a hero Pakura and than to die in that way come on, that's just sad...
    second of all Monga (the captain) fought incredibly badass with his earth style and killed of that guy instantly WOW and than dies in an even MORE sad way, come on if the guy has to die ok but choose a better way.. also the 2 guys next to Monga didn't saw those 2 returning kunai coming? seriously? they were airborn for ages -_-
    anyway just my opinion but to me it feels like they made some strange decisions...

it's not all negative!
    i like the part from Pakura herself, the hero, the treason of the village, the bond with Maki...
    also the end where Pakura believes in her student and holds off that explosion guy yeah that was really nice

but a bit stupid they turned into dumb ass puppets...
    anyway that's my reason for giving only 2,
    it's just, i like the episode but i believe they could have made this an epic episode with the right decisions but didn't do it maybe cuz it's a filler and took the easy road...

and i'm sad we're gonna see fillers till new year :D no i'm not an filler hater i can appreciate them but right now i'm just too excited for the battles that are going to happen :D

Last edited by Vennybear; 10-25-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Status
    Jul 2009
    ByakuMaster

Best fillers episode for a long time!! 5/5, i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next week episode is going to be suck soo much, why do we have to see tsunade flashback when we are in good filler part. I hate random fillers!!!

Welcome to the Masquerade TheBlackDevil's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Cleaning

4.5/5

I thought Pakura was cool~ xD

...But I'm more interested in seeing an interlude with Shisui Uchiha, haha~

Uzumaki > Senju > Uchiha. Odd One's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Give it 4. It was good but not that int. to forgot about Itachi & Bee and Naruto. :D

Status
    May 2012
    LF

Pakura was hawt!!!!!

EMS
    Status
    Nov 2011
    taco.

I'll give it a 4/5 great to see some awesome fillers not flash back no jutus but the only thing was her death it bothered me how she got own it would be better if they just owned her with a lot of water jutsus or even water prison that would be a lot better than kunai attack..and it would make more sense shes scorch style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalelord View Post
    It was actually a good filler i liked it but there was a problem though with the stories timeline check it out .

Pakura was introduced in the Shippuden movie 3 before she was introuduced in the manga

But Maku said that was her sensei and she died when she was younger but pakura was introuduced before jiariya died the sametime naruto fought hiruko you see how to none cannon contradicted each other but it was still bad ass though.
    He took that design from that said it in naruwiki thing. Same thing with the other guys. Guessing he just liked the design and gave them a chance in the manga/anime. Plus you don't see naruto doing rainbow resangans and all that right?

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Vennybear View Post
    pfff i voted 2 because i didn't liked a couple of things... don't hate me for it
    first of all SUCH a hero Pakura and than to die in that way come on, that's just sad...
    second of all Monga (the captain) fought incredibly badass with his earth style and killed of that guy instantly WOW and than dies in an even MORE sad way, come on if the guy has to die ok but choose a better way.. also the 2 guys next to Monga didn't saw those 2 returning kunai coming? seriously? they were airborn for ages -_-
    anyway just my opinion but to me it feels like they made some strange decisions...

it's not all negative!
    i like the part from Pakura herself, the hero, the treason of the village, the bond with Maki...
    also the end where Pakura believes in her student and holds off that explosion guy yeah that was really nice

but a bit stupid they turned into dumb ass puppets...
    anyway that's my reason for giving only 2,
    it's just, i like the episode but i believe they could have made this an epic episode with the right decisions but didn't do it maybe cuz it's a filler and took the easy road...

and i'm sad we're gonna see fillers till new year :D no i'm not an filler hater i can appreciate them but right now i'm just too excited for the battles that are going to happen :D
    Those are all very small complaints that take up about 15secs of the episode, And I excuse them all because I remember that it's a filler and that we will never get one this good again. Oh and Pakura holding off Gari? TOTALLY didn't see that coming... It really annoys me how all the bad guys turn good. And I'm actually really happy that they are puppets now. The fact that Kabuto doesn't turn off their emotions from the start is the biggest mistake in the war. He sets up awesome fights like Mifune vs Hanzo, or Sasori vs Kankuro and the attack division, then they end up just being talking fests where the bad guy ends up turning good then they get sealed in like 1 episode.

Admit it, ow much better would the war be if Kabuto made them puppets from the start. There would be no boring emotional reunions.
    So i'm looking really forward to seeing Pakura and Gari fight without emotions. So it wont be like

Good guy: Omg it's you?! my old friend/sensei/lover, I don't want to fight you
    Bad guy: well I'm bad and stuff so I have to fight you
    (very talky fight begins)
    Good guy: gives some long speech about emotions/conviction/love/trust/something really boring
    Bad guy: O yea your right, here come seal me I'll help
    (The end)

The part where she didn't actually get sealed at the end made me very happy, if she did it would just be like every lame fight in the war. (team 10 vs Asuma, Mifune vs Hanzo, Sasori vs Kankuro, Raikage vs Naruto)

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

I liked this one slightly much more than the older ones that's why I voted it higher than the rest.
    They had little bit more action than the previous episodes.

I find the next episode quite crappy even if it's with Tsunade. What the hell, Tsunade would never drink in a midst of a war. That's why Kishi wrote her as getting back together with Raikage at the Headquarters ASAP...

ϕ Final Getsuga Tenshou ϕ Xaviour's Avatar
    Status
    Martial Arts FTW

4/5
    Best filler in awhile, & I hate filler

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»