Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ninjutsu Training - Sharingdork

Previous Training Thread (following all of my "previous training" links in each thread will eventually show you everything I've learned, assuming you have time and really care. ).

*I sit in the Thrid Training Grounds, in Konoha, on top of the middle stump. My eyes are closed, and my legs are crossed. My hands lay on my knees, my middle fingers and thumbs touching in a circle as I meditate, clearing my mind as I wait for my sensei. The senei who had taught me so long ago... Before my meditation, I was over-eccstatic, and now after my extended period of meditation (I delibrately showed up early to get this done), the smile was finally off my face as I was calm and my mind was clear. I saw nothing. I heard nothing but the soft breeze through the grass. I felt nothing but the stump beneath me and the breeze. I tasted nor smelt anything. It was complete peace and calm, finally waiting for my sensei to begin the last leg of my training...*

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ninjutsu Training - Sharingdork

This will be really fun and a way for me to kick off, haha. (Don't worry, I'll ensure you get the best quality training, as usual.)

As Shikamaru:
    *I felt really old, to be honest. It were my duties, after all, to ensure that I successfully became the next head of the Nara clan. Father wasn't too hard on me, because he knew I worked hard as a jonin-sensei, but after reminiscing on how I used to complain all the time as a child, it only brought a smile to my lips.
    Of course things were always going to be troublesome..., but only if I thought like that.
    But, today, events were much more fresher. I was not to meet up with genin that I barely knew, but with an old friend that had warmed my heart in the past and with my treasured friendship with Choji and Ino, I had gained a new respect and value for all my relationships.
    I spotted him at the very place we were to meet, on top of a simple stump. It was perhaps his favorite place, but from where I had arrived, I could see a small, yet relaxed smile graze his lips.
    I found myself reacting in the same way as I began making my way towards him, letting my presence be known as I approached him.
    "Long time no see, friend," I said quietly, a warm feeling in my heart. "I am honored that you would invite me to teach you the last sections of your basic ninja training." I reached out a hand to help him up.*

I'll be honest, I was smiling the whole time I was typing this. ^_^ Thank you for such a great introduction!

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No problem; if you can't RP in training, you're screwed for everywhere else. This is where it starts.

*As I hear my sensei approach and greet me, my calm breaks, and the smile of seeing an old friend again spreads over my face as my eyes snap open. Uncrossing my legs, I hold out my hand to allow my sensei and friend to help me up, and then I stand in the field, facing my old friend, the grass waving as the breeze adjusted it, some blades whistling in the current of air.*
    "Long time no see! And I'm honored that you'd take time out of your busy life to do this..."
    *As the wind ruffles my clothing, I look around. Despite the slight breeze, it was a very calm day. The sun was shining, and the trees stood gracefully, barely giving to the air which commanded the grass. As I stared into my sensei's eyes, I looked for determination, courage, and inginuity, all of which a sensei needed, and all of which I saw. I knew it was there, but to see it simply reminded me of my old friend... My friend who helped people whenever he could, like myself when I began lightning... The image of the stormy mountain came back to my mind before I pushed it out; I was here in the training field, and that's where this training would take place. It was time to set my mind on the goal at hand; listening to my sensei to finish off my basic ninjutsu training!*

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"My pleasure," I replied equally, the smile still upon my face. "And my life is not definitely not busy to the point where I would not be able to afford to pass some knowledge onto a dear friend."
    It was rather nostalgic really, and I could still remember the old times where I had been rather hectic, a flying moment in my life that I wish not to recall.
    I sat down before Sharingdork, spreading out several ninja tools that I had brought with me, the pride and honor of a Nara clan.
    "I hope you don't mind," I began. "And I realize that you had some previous knowledge, and I will certainly start off from your last learned technique, but people often forget to go over over important basics.
    There are no limitations regarding Ninja Tools, so feel free to use them as much and as creatively as possible."
    I glanced over the ninja tools I had available and picked one out of the pile, holding it up so Sharing could see. "This is a kunai," I stated, waving it around. "Explain to me how they work and how you have used them in your battles."
    Following my words, I slapped the kunai into his hand, allowing him for a feel of my favorite and durable weapon.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"I kunai..." *I say, the word dripping off my tongue as my middle finger slides into the hole on top, letting the weapon swing down and hang towards the ground.*
    "A kunai is one of the basic ninja tools... Comprised of a ring on top, a short shaft long enough for a hand to grip comfortably, and diamond-shaped blade on top, with shorter sides on the bottom, and longer sides on top so it comes together in a sharp point, with its edges sharp as well. A "throwing knife", the kunai is a projectile weapon meant to be thrown, but many often use it like a miniature sword for close-combat. While it was designed to fly through the air, it functions just as well for either purpose. Personally, in my battles I've used kunai under the cloak of genjutsu to surprise my opponent, and I've also used them as a distraction method and to counter another's kunai."
    *After my response, I start looking over the line of ninja tools, wondering what I'll be expected to describe next...*

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I listen carefully to Sharingdork's words, nodding as he emphasized each point.
    "Your description of the kunai is rather precise," I began slowly. "However, there is a significance for the hole on top of the kunai. What else may you be able to attach onto it? And you also make another great point about close combat, but let's say..."
    I reach into the cloak of my jonin uniform, whipping out a kunai of my own, quickly thrusting it at Sharingdork so he was forced to defend against it with his own kunai.
    "Say, we were locked in close combat right now. Where would you strike so you could kill me instantly?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*As the kunai was thrust at me, I close my hand quickly, my fingers sliding out of the hole in the kunai. As I twist my wrist, still slowly closing my hand, I grab onto the shaft of the kunai so I'm holding it right-side-up, but my hand is upside-down (so the point of the kunai is pointing in the direction of my thumb, but my thumb is facing the ground). As I hold the kunai, I move my arm to block my sensei's kunai, stopping its path and causing us to clash, both of our positions at a stand-still.*
    "The hole at the top is useful for attatching wires for either Dragon Fire Technique, or to attatch paper bombs or flash bombs to give a kunai extra "umpf!" Right now if I were to strike, attempting to vitally wound and hopefully kill you, I would strike (assuming we're both using our right hands)..." *I reach out and touch the back of your jaw, the little space between your jaw and your neck right under your ear.* "Maybe right there wouldn't kill, but it'd hurt like hell! Then there's always your temple, a shot at the lungs, and even hit your thigh here, causing you to double over in pain so my kunai can move forward into your heart, as your kunai would slide away." *As I speak, I reach and touch lightly all the spots I talk about as I say them, giving you a general area I would strike.* "I could also let your kunai slide between my arm and my body after we clash, letting you lung forwards as I prepare to strike your throat with my now-free kunai."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Upon collision, I easily slid into a frontal stance to match the power of Sharingdork, pushing equally against the kunai so the power was balanced against one another.
    I eased against my grip, letting my arm drop to the side as Sharingdork gently tapped the places where he would strike me with his kunai. Nodding my approval to his answer, I smile, replacing the kunai in my jonin cloak, digging around for another weapon.
    "The easiest place would definitely be the heart - by correctly aiming your kunai, it could easily slide through the ribs for an easy kill. And of course, it is always best to defend yourself first, but the extra touch-up on abusing the law of gravity was a nice addition."
    Feeling the sharp edges of the weapon prick my fingers, I slipped my index and middle finger into the holes of two Shurikens, drawing it out. I offered one to Sharingdork as I begin twirling the other one within the base of my finger.
    "So this is a Shuriken," I began. "There are many uses of this too, much like the kunai. Think of what you could do with it if you attached a wire to it. Also, what's so special about the shape of the Shuriken? Lastly, this is a light weapon, unlike the kunai, allowing you to toss many of them at once. What might be the purpose of this?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*As I hold the shuriken on my finger, I chanel fuuton chakra into the weapon, spinning the shuriken quickly.*
    "The shuriken is a very useful throwing weapon. When attatched to a wire, a shuriken can be somewhat controlled in their flight, allowing the user to pull on the wire to somewhat change the direction of the shuriken, so if I say pull the wire to the left, the shuriken would veer to the right for a second and then sway to the left. Wires can also allow the user to tie up a target by causing the shuriken to go around either side of the target, and wind around him.
    The shape of a shuriken is specially designed so that it can spin, each of the multiple blades being perfectly formed to stab whatever it comes into contact with from any angle. As it spins, the shuriken becomes stable in flight, allowing it to be very easily thrown and aimed.
    The purpose of the light-wieghtness of a shuriken, allowing multiple shuriken to be thrown at once, may be to allow for distractions and barrages. In order to create a suitable distraction, while five kunai is easy to deflect correctly, a barrage of randomly thrown shuriken are hard to counter correctly without a large gust of wind with normal eyes. And even with wide-scale fuuton techs, the large barrage is still a distraction for the opponent, allowing the user to strike from other angles more easily than before."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I nod, watching Sharingdork spin the shuriken on his hand in an eased manner as he explained his reasoning for the weapon.
    "Well put," I responded. "Sending Katon chakra up the wires can also be very deadly as the wires itself already allow you to manipulate it rather well, and the shape of the shuriken does indeed allow it to spin more rapidly and dangerously in the air, due to its aerodynamic shape. Distractions also correlate to the idea of knowing where your opponent is gazing at all times, also known as field of vision. By knowing such an aspect, you can take advantage of where they might be looking at, since this is especially important when fighting against Doujutsus such as the Byakugan, who only has one blind spot on the back of their neck."
    Grinning in approval of his words, I once again reached into my vest, pulling out a curious-looking object in the shape of a ball. "So this is a smoke bomb. How might you use one in battle?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"Well, the smokebomb is an easy tool to understand. It's essentially used for the purpose of distracting the target, and blocking their sight. The user can then follow up with either a barrage of weapons through the smockscreen, running away from the fight, or continuing to fight the opponent through the smoke while they can't see."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened to his response, acknowledging his every point.
    "However," I began as he finished. "You're missing one important thing. Which Doujutsus do Smoke Bombs not work on and why?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"Smoke bombs don't work against the Byakugan dojutsu as the Byakugan can see through solid objects and chakra with ease. However, the Sharingan and Rinnegan, which cannot see through objects but only see chakra, will be just as obscured as a regular eye by these smoke bombs."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Smiling, I replaced the smoke bomb into my pocket, drawing out another similar weapon to it as I did so.
    "You're actually wrong about the Sharingan and the Rinnegan. I think you confused the Hidden Mist jutsu with smoke bombs. Smoke bombs contain no chakra within them, thus, would be ineffective on all three Doujutsus. It is simply a tool."
    I held the weapon out before me, instructing Sharingdork to close his eyes before I dropped it to the ground, resulting in a blinding flash of light.
    "This is a flash bomb. What might you know of these?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"Flashbombs generate a blinding source of light when dropped. I believe there's a tag which is attatchable to a kunai with similar purpose. However, a flashbomb is generally used to create a blinding flash of light to distract/blind a target long enough for the user to get a projectile flying towards the opponent while their sight is rendered useless, or to weave several handseals for a lengthy jutsu. Flashbombs are also a favorite of the Nara clan to generate light which in turn generates shadow, which is normally longer than normal, allowing them to manipulate the already-long shadow quickly for a fast shadow-strike. Flashbombs can also be a great tool to use just before initiating genjutsu, allowing the user to, or instance, use a flashbomb and then Bringer-of-Darkness to make the target believe the flashbomb has perminantely blind them, thus eliminating one of the obvious tell-tale signs of genjutsu; out-of-the-ordinary-ness (of course, every one's a genius and is able to tell they're in a genjutsu easily no matter what... -_-)."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Very thoughtful tactic you've stated there," I responded. "And in fact, the easiest difference between the smoke bomb and the flash bomb is to simply remember that the smoke bomb is basically for a cover in battles, and the flash bombs allows an opening to attack."
    With those words, I easily guided Sharingdork over to a more open area of the training. "Stand here," I instructed him as I went over to a nearby tree, pulling out two interesting looking shurikens.
    After handing him the rather large shurikens, I took a few steps back, forming the Tiger seal and summoning a Shadow Clone mid range from Sharingdork.
    "Check out those sexy Shurikens! Look closely at them and notice how they are the exact size and shape. Then, toss them in a way so that the second one is hidden behind the first one, successfully masking it."
    I gestured at my clone.
    "The point is to hide the second one so my clone wouldn't be able to defend against it in time."

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*Looking down at my shadow, I judge how I should throw my shuriken based on my height and the angle at which it's at. After licking my finger to test the breeze, I look down at my shuriken to see the shapes they are, adjusting them both on my single finger to try and make it so that they'll be in synch with one another, adjusting the one to leave my finger last so that it'll, judging by what I know about how I throw shuriken, hopefully match up its spinning pattern with the other one to hide in its shadow. Then winding up, I spin my whole body, throwing both shuriken off of my one finger, the two shuriken spinning off and towards my target, your clone. After I let my weapons fly through the air, I wait, watching how your clone will react.*

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

My clone whips out a kunai to attack the first Shuriken, but however, since the second Shuriken was hidden in the shadow of the first, he is struck by it and thus, disappears in a cloud of smoke.
    "Excellent job," I said to Sharingdork, giving him a big smile. "Now, do you know why this happened and how this would be oh-so-helpful in fights?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"This happened because the shuriken hidden in the shadow of the higher-most shuriken seemed to be only the shadow of the top shuriken, making it so my opponent would believe they only needed to defend against a single shuriken. This is oh-so-helpful in fights as by the time my opponent realizes there's more than one shuriken, it's usually too late to respond."

Ummm... Sensei... I'm very grateful that you've agreed to help with my training, and I'd be perfectly fine with going over all the jutsu again, but I have already done the Shadow Shuriken technique and a few others with -Minato- and Dante..-senseis...

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Dam, where where you at? ' My bad, too many threads, I'm almost at 100 now.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

100!?!? Why did I make you teach me!?!

Anyhow, the last thing I did was describe how I'd use the following jutsu:
    (Oboro Bunshin no Jutsu) – Haze Clone Technique
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage N/A
    Description: Haze clone technique is like the regular clone technique in creating intangible clones, although these clones will let the enemy go through them. The Sharingan can see through the illusions. However these clones cannot cause any damage as they are illusions only.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent. Haha, yeah, I just hit a 100 apparently.
    ---
    I glanced over Sharingdork's pockets.
    "How many weapons do you happen to have in there? I hope there are a lot..."

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

<.<
    >.>
    My pockets are actually Space/Time techniques with access to infinite weapons. I stole them from this guy who just started RPing and liked spamming shuriken...

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

? Dafuq!
    ---
    "Okay," I said, sneaking a look in Sharingdork's pockets. "So these next jutsus consist of the user jumping up and then tossing weapons at a very, very high speed while spinning. How might such jutsus be utilized in battles?"

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You've never seen those RPers who never run out of weapons? O_o
    __________________________________________________ _________
    This jutsu is great for when you're surrounded and need to find a way out, or for Minato bios who are trying to get their FTG kunai all over the field. If the weapons thrown have explosive tags, the world around the user could be destroyed quickly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»