• HOU

1 20.00%
  • Even

0 0%
    Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

OKC trades James Harden

Just woke up to find out about this crazy shit. The trade was between them and the Houston Rockets; OKC recieved Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, 2 first round picks and a second-round pick while the Rockets recieved James Harden, Cole Aldrich, Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward.

You can get more details in the link below.
    -http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ouston-rockets

Who do you think received the better deal?

Last edited by PUU; 10-28-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added info.

Senior Member muutobirama3rdraikagemizu's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    SHISHUI IS UNDARRATED

Re: OKC trades James Harden

Huston is retarded okc got the better deal

Status
    May 2012
    Sara is the best? loool nope.
    Jana is the best!

okc in my opinion. they get kevin martin who can score. they a young jeremy lamb whos a player i think can become a good scorer in the league. and im really disapointed in james harden the dude got offerd a deal for 4 years and 52 million and the guy rejected the offer because he wants kevin durant type of money.but oh well we are going to see what type of player he really is in houston since hes probably going to start there

Status
    May 2012
    #Pray4Delta

swear to god
    oh well he didn't show up during the finals so we got rid of him
    jeremey lamb will put in this work for okc

Quote Originally Posted by uchiha boy View Post
    okc in my opinion. they get kevin martin who can score. they a young jeremy lamb whos a player i think can become a good scorer in the league. and im really disapointed in james harden the dude got offerd a deal for 4 years and 52 million and the guy rejected the offer because he wants kevin durant type of money.but oh well we are going to see what type of player he really is in houston since hes probably going to start there
    your forgetting jeremy lin

Status
    May 2012
    Jana is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Raikage View Post
    swear to god
    oh well he didn't show up during the finals so we got rid of him
    jeremey lamb will put in this work for okc

your forgetting jeremy lin
    um the rockets never traded jeremy lin. hes still with the rockets dude. look at the trade details

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

I can't make up my mind yet because Harden, Durant, and Westbrook had such great chemistry with each other. Kevin Martin can put up some points and Lamb has some potential to be solid. For now, i'm gonna say Thunder got the better deal but my choice could change later...

Status
    May 2012
    Jana is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by PUU View Post
    I can't make up my mind yet because Harden, Durant, and Westbrook had such great chemistry with each other. Kevin Martin can put up some points and Lamb has some potential to be solid. For now, i'm gonna say Thunder got the better deal but my choice could change later...
    well u never know but james harden didnt show up in the playoffs or in the finals.but i agree with you. you never know.but i believe the thunder got better dude they get a top ten pick in next years draft so that also makes the deal even sweeter in my opinion

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

well u never know but james harden didnt show up in the playoffs or in the finals.but i agree with you. you never know.but i believe the thunder got better dude they get a top ten pick in next years draft so that also makes the deal even sweeter in my opinion
    That is true, he played like some shit in the finals but James is such a talented player, if he gets the opportunity again there would be no doubt in my mind that he will play better. I agree, those draft picks can come in handy later on...

So it's gonna be Jeremy Lin and James Harden playing for HOU... i would of never imagined that.

Status
    May 2012
    Jana is the best!

That is true, he played like some shit in the finals but James is such a talented player, if he gets the opportunity again there would be no doubt in my mind that he will play better. I agree, those draft picks can come in handy later on...

So it's gonna be Jeremy Lin and James Harden playing for HOU... i would of never imagined that.
    yep who could have guessed :shrug:

Status
    Mar 2012
    I'm watching you...

Quote Originally Posted by muutobirama3rdraikagemizu View Post
    Huston is retarded okc got the better deal
    I totally agree but the experts think differently. Kevin Martin is no scrub. He just as explosive like james harden and not to mention jermey lamb that guy was a beast in college. OKC bench just got better my Lakers need to step up

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71395 View Post
    I totally agree but the experts think differently. Kevin Martin is no scrub. He just as explosive like james harden and not to mention jermey lamb that guy was a beast in college. OKC bench just got better my Lakers need to step up
    I seen a few highlights of D12 playing in the preseason... is he gonna be ready in the opener?

Status
    May 2012
    Jana is the best!

i wouldnt worry bro the lakers have the team to beat in the west

Status
    This user has no status.

How biased are you guys? Watch the bubble teams for a change. Houston got the better deal. Harden is a proven player, Kevin Martin was a scorer like what, 2 years ago? Unless he gets out of his funk that made Houston bench him, he's nothing. OKC was after Jeremy Lamb, they just wanted to dump Harden's overrated contract somewhere else. Same with Houston as they wanted to send Martin's useless contract somewhere else, but gave up Jeremy Lamb, a nice skilled rookie btw, to do it.

Status
    May 2012
    Jana is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Boa Hancock View Post
    How biased are you guys? Watch the bubble teams for a change. Houston got the better deal. Harden is a proven player, Kevin Martin was a scorer like what, 2 years ago? Unless he gets out of his funk that made Houston bench him, he's nothing. OKC was after Jeremy Lamb, they just wanted to dump Harden's overrated contract somewhere else. Same with Houston as they wanted to send Martin's useless contract somewhere else, but gave up Jeremy Lamb, a nice skilled rookie btw, to do it.
    james hardens contract? the dude only has one year left and its hes rookiee contract. he rejected a 4 year 52 million dollar deal

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

I don't think anyone here is biased unless there is a OKC fan that I missed. Kevin Martin will most likely bounce back, no one thinks (well not me) he will be scoring like he did in his best years but the dude can play when he is on his game. I don't think that his production will match Harden's, the reason why I think OKC got the better deal is because Kevin is a good player and those picks could become a future good player for OKC, plus Jeremy Lamb has some potential to be solid. But a huge part of the Thunder's chemistry has just been separated which could hurt them. That's why I said my mind could change for that reason. Time will tell who got the better deal but for now I say the Thunder...

Status
    Mar 2012
    I'm watching you...

I seen a few highlights of D12 playing in the preseason... is he gonna be ready in the opener?
    He should be. He was running up and down pretty good in the last game for somebody with a bad back. So im about 95% sure he gonna play. We are playing against the clippers so we definitely need him

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

He should be. He was running up and down pretty good in the last game for somebody with a bad back. So im about 95% sure he gonna play. We are playing against the clippers so we definitely need him
    I hope he does because i want to see the new look Lakers debut, that should be a good game vs Clippers.

I'm probably gonna create a NBA 12-13 thread so basketball fans can discuss games and other related things... I only get on here to VM and discuss football, and basketball topics.

Status
    This user has no status.

james hardens contract? the dude only has one year left and its hes rookiee contract. he rejected a 4 year 52 million dollar deal
    Which is why I said overrated. OKC took the risk of not paying for Harden's lone year, lest it runs out and they don't have anyone to dump it out on.

I don't think anyone here is biased unless there is a OKC fan that I missed. Kevin Martin will most likely bounce back, no one thinks (well not me) he will be scoring like he did in his best years but the dude can play when he is on his game. I don't think that his production will match Harden's, the reason why I think OKC got the better deal is because Kevin is a good player and those picks could become a future good player for OKC, plus Jeremy Lamb has some potential to be solid. But a huge part of the Thunder's chemistry has just been separated which could hurt them. That's why I said my mind could change for that reason. Time will tell who got the better deal but for now I say the Thunder...
    Jeremy Lamb was the piece OKC was after. I think they were tired of Harden. Locker room cancer maybe, same with Ray in Boston? Time will tell.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Rockets in the short term, it's a toss up for the long term. Harden was worth more then any of the players OKC got. But if they can get some really good draft picks it might be worth it later. Still not a big fan of this move.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

I was REALLY surprised OKC decided to trade him this early. They could have waited until the summer to make a decision (seeing as he's a restricted free agent), while using this season to make a run with what the same core as last year. Still, Sam Presti would do this type of thing.

For OKC, it's too early to say whether this is a good deal or not. Martin is definitely not on Harden's level but he's the same type of player and he can fill a similar role. I think people may be overreacting to Harden being gone. Don't get me wrong, he was a key player for that team, but Kevin Martin is good enough that he can offer 16-18 ppg this season, similar to Harden's production last year, albeit with less efficiency. Not only that, but the Thunder still do have a Kevin Durant and a Russell Westbrook in their primes. Making this trade gives the Thunder cap room flexbility in not giving Harden the big money deal on top of Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka's contracts, and also continues to build for the future in getting Jeremy Lamb (picked just outside of the top 10 picks in this year's draft) and two solid mid-first round picks. That's the way the Thunder likes to do things, and it worked in their favor with the Jeff Green deal. Hopefully, it'll work out the same way with this trade too lol.

As for Houston, they made an f'in great trade. Yes, Jeremy Lamb was a really good prospect. Yes, they needed Kevin Martin's perimeter scoring this year. However, they traded those two for one player who is both a really good prospect and a really good perimeter scorer, one who offers more of both of those things than the two players they shipped out. It hurts that they already gave out big money to Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik and will now have to give big money to James Harden, but Houston definitely needed that star player and it's too late to do anything about Lin/Asik now. Financially, it makes a bad situation worse, but I see it as making the best of a bad situation. Great trade for them, although they will still struggle to make the playoffs this year because of overall inexperience and also the strength of the Western Conference.

As for the winner of this trade, I'm going to take a gamble and say OKC. They lost a surefire stud so that they can bet on Kevin Martin for the short-term and Jeremy Lamb for the long-term. It hurts, but the financial ramifications of the trade are great for OKC and it's the kind of deal that can let them sign that perfect free agent after Kevin Martin's $10 million contract expires after this year. The youth is an added side bonus. And of course, we still know OKC will be up there as one of the best in the West even after the trade. While Houston got a young star, it prevents them from continuing to build, and short-term, they will struggle. They have a lot of prospects they could develop nicely for them, but that's all they can rely on now. There's too much uncertainty remaining with the Rockets to say they won, although they did make a good deal considering what they had to work with.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Jeremy Lamb was the piece OKC was after. I think they were tired of Harden. Locker room cancer maybe, same with Ray in Boston? Time will tell.
    That may be true, maybe he didn’t want to be the 3rd option for OKC anymore and now that he is with HOU, he will be their number 1 guy? I don’t know if he was beefin with one of his teammates like Ray was with Rondo, it seemed he was cool with his teammates especially with Westbrook and Durant. I think it was more of a money issue because he wanted a MAX contract but the offer OKC proposed was short of that so I guess he wasn’t willing to make that sacrifice for the team:shrug:. But like you said sooner or later we will find out more to why this happened…

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Rockets in the short term, it's a toss up for the long term. Harden was worth more then any of the players OKC got. But if they can get some really good draft picks it might be worth it later. Still not a big fan of this move.
    That’s what I’m saying; those picks could turn out to be some solid players. I agree, there is no doubt that Harden was the most valuable player in the trade but with the addition of Jeremy Lamb, 2 future 1st round picks and a 2nd round that could be future solid players, and imo OKC got the biggest 2012 NBA draft steal in Perry Jones… the OKC Thunder’s future is looking bright if those players have positive development.

Quote Originally Posted by THEwildcat View Post
    I was REALLY surprised OKC decided to trade him this early. They could have waited until the summer to make a decision (seeing as he's a restricted free agent), while using this season to make a run with what the same core as last year. Still, Sam Presti would do this type of thing.

For OKC, it's too early to say whether this is a good deal or not. Martin is definitely not on Harden's level but he's the same type of player and he can fill a similar role. I think people may be overreacting to Harden being gone. Don't get me wrong, he was a key player for that team, but Kevin Martin is good enough that he can offer 16-18 ppg this season, similar to Harden's production last year, albeit with less efficiency. Not only that, but the Thunder still do have a Kevin Durant and a Russell Westbrook in their primes. Making this trade gives the Thunder cap room flexbility in not giving Harden the big money deal on top of Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka's contracts, and also continues to build for the future in getting Jeremy Lamb (picked just outside of the top 10 picks in this year's draft) and two solid mid-first round picks. That's the way the Thunder likes to do things, and it worked in their favor with the Jeff Green deal. Hopefully, it'll work out the same way with this trade too lol.

As for Houston, they made an f'in great trade. Yes, Jeremy Lamb was a really good prospect. Yes, they needed Kevin Martin's perimeter scoring this year. However, they traded those two for one player who is both a really good prospect and a really good perimeter scorer, one who offers more of both of those things than the two players they shipped out. It hurts that they already gave out big money to Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik and will now have to give big money to James Harden, but Houston definitely needed that star player and it's too late to do anything about Lin/Asik now. Financially, it makes a bad situation worse, but I see it as making the best of a bad situation. Great trade for them, although they will still struggle to make the playoffs this year because of overall inexperience and also the strength of the Western Conference.

As for the winner of this trade, I'm going to take a gamble and say OKC. They lost a surefire stud so that they can bet on Kevin Martin for the short-term and Jeremy Lamb for the long-term. It hurts, but the financial ramifications of the trade are great for OKC and it's the kind of deal that can let them sign that perfect free agent after Kevin Martin's $10 million contract expires after this year. The youth is an added side bonus. And of course, we still know OKC will be up there as one of the best in the West even after the trade. While Houston got a young star, it prevents them from continuing to build, and short-term, they will struggle. They have a lot of prospects they could develop nicely for them, but that's all they can rely on now. There's too much uncertainty remaining with the Rockets to say they won, although they did make a good deal considering what they had to work with.
    In my honest opinion, I don’t know if the OKC Thunder could beat a healthy LAL this year if they were to meet in the playoffs. Before this trade I thought OKC would beat them if they were to play each other in a 7 game series but now I don’t know because the Thunder lost arguably their best distributor on the team. I think this trade will benefit the Thunder in the future but in this upcoming year they might not have enough to make it to the finals and win it.

But you see, even if Kevin Martin averages the same amount of points that Harden averaged, his production/importance still wouldn’t be similar to Harden’s imo. Harden on numerous occasions hit big shots for OKC plus he was probably their best distributor which I don’t really see Martin filling in that role. Westbrook is a scoring PG but he needs to do a better job feeding other players especially Durant because they aren’t going have Harden to do that for them anymore. I agree with you on the OKC’s future part which is why for now I think OKC received the better deal.

I don’t know what the f*ck the Rockets was thinking paying all of that money to Lin and Osik. Lin isn’t a bum, he is actually a solid player who can improve but I don’t think they should of paid him that much. And as far as signing Omar Asik to a 3 year, $25.1 million dollar contract… no comment.

I think HOU showed that their mindset is winning now, they overpaid some players and basically gave away some of their future. Time will tell who the definitive winner in this trade will be but for now I am going with OKC.

BTW, nice avatar

Last edited by PUU; 10-29-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    "You know, all that
    really matters is that the
    people you love are happy and
    healthy. Everything else is
    just sprinkles on the
    sundae." -Paul Walker

Just woke up to find out about this crazy shit. The trade was between them and the Houston Rockets; OKC recieved Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, 2 first round picks and a second-round pick while the Rockets recieved James Harden, Cole Aldrich, Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward.

You can get more details in the link below.
    -http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ouston-rockets

Who do you think received the better deal?
    with all due respect to kevin martin, the OKC doesnt need another scorer in that roster.
    i think Harden's game complements durant and westbrook chemistry.

huge blow for the OKC now and its solid future core with the lost of Harden.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

In my honest opinion, I don’t know if the OKC Thunder could beat a healthy LAL this year if they were to meet in the playoffs. Before this trade I thought OKC would beat them if they were to play each other in a 7 game series but now I don’t know because the Thunder lost arguably their best distributor on the team. I think this trade will benefit the Thunder in the future but in this upcoming year they might not have enough to make it to the finals and win it.

But you see, even if Kevin Martin averages the same amount of points that Harden averaged, his production/importance still wouldn’t be similar to Harden’s imo. Harden on numerous occasions hit big shots for OKC plus he was probably their best distributor which I don’t really see Martin filling in that role. Westbrook is a scoring PG but he needs to do a better job feeding other players especially Durant because they aren’t going have Harden to do that for them anymore. I agree with you on the OKC’s future part which is why for now I think OKC received the better deal.

I don’t know what the f*ck the Rockets was thinking paying all of that money to Lin and Osik. Lin isn’t a bum, he is actually a solid player who can improve but I don’t think they should of paid him that much. And as far as signing Omar Asik to a 3 year, $25.1 million dollar contract… no comment.

I think HOU showed that their mindset is winning now, they overpaid some players and basically gave away some of their future. Time will tell who the definitive winner in this trade will be but for now I am going with OKC.

BTW, nice avatar
    Yeah, Harden was def the Thunder's best distributor and a key clutch player. But even if he was the best, they still have good/great distributors in Westbrook/Durant, and they will do fine since both of them can create their own shot and can come up in the clutch. Teams will still have to apply defensive pressure to Martin as the third scorer mostly the same way they had to do to Harden, and that will serve its purpose in giving Westbrook/Durant more space to operate. I'm more concerned about Martin not being as efficient or as good a defender as Harden, honestly.

As for the Lakers, you're right, this puts both teams on more level ground, since a lot of what the Thunder had going for them was familiarity and continuity. Apart from that, though, the matchup is still similar on paper, so hopefully the Thunder can beat the Lakers whenever they play because I f'n hate the Lakers.

And yeah, LeBron is that dude right?