Page 5 of 7 « First 1234567 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Dragyzophobia #Akashaphilia
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA
    #ShadowRiderTheJouninFade

Re: [Water with Akihiko]

The student takes off his shirt and pantalon then runs towards the lake, jumping eyes closed and head first towards the water were it is deep enough.

He did take a deep breath before getting down there and now re-opened his eyes after feeling the minuscule water bubbles made from the splash running close to his face. When his movement under water cessed, he took a 'standing stance' (didn't really know how to call it) underwater where his head was towards the blue sky and his feel to the bottom of the lake. He was around 3 feet underwater.

Keeping his breath, he raised his right hand in front of him, feeling the slow motion the water made while he moved and then looking a his hand, he closed his hand several time as if he was trying to grab the water. Then after that, Tsuki calmly started to wave both of his arms back and forth from right to left, making them get away from eachother then get closer again. He was also moving his legs to the front and the back in opposite direction from eachother without putting much effort to it, allowing the water to no pass violently over his legs.

That was in order to prevent him from sinking furter down as it would be more difficult to get up. The student could already feel a bit of the pressure from his ears and his head generally, good thing it didn't annoy him much. All the movements he made were calm enough thanks to the depth level he was in, the pressure wasn't that much but it could've been more important if he was deeper down in the water.

While keeping on doing these motions in order to keep himself at the same location, he starts thinking of everything he learned during suiton training trying to figure out how he could control his chakra in order to let him move forward.

It wasn't much to think about since he just got some of his chakra to get released from his body in general, pushing him straight forward. Tsuki then tried to focus a bit of chakra towards his two hands and feet while starting to make a movement similar to the one of a frog while swimming in order to get himself upwards.

This actually propelled him forward more easily than what he used to when not using any chakra at all. Without much effort, he repeats the same moves two time and successfully raises his head outside the lake, allowing him to breathe.

(btw, this sceen took between 60 and 90 seconds ._.)
    And sorry, I feel like I wrote some stuff that weren't needed <.<
    Btw, 100th post in this thread :overjoy:

Let's celebrate with a cake!

Last edited by Tsūki; 12-01-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

With somewhat of an excited look upon his face, Tsuki threw off his shirt as he ran towards the lake, energized.
    Akihiko chuckled softly to himself as he followed his student onto the lake - he noticed Tsuki pause in the water, a fascinated gaze upon his face as his hand moved to and fro within the water.
    A few moments later, Tsuki propelled himself as his image blurred within the waves, however, he began moving in a rather swift manner in a direction away from Akihiko.
    His head popped up above the water in seconds as he looked around for his sensei. Nodding in approval, Akihiko gave him a smile. "Well done, Tsuki," he said. "Notice how the deeper you go, the denser the water becomes. Try not to go too deep unless necessary. Also, keep in mind that your presence is somewhat masked when in the water."
    He motioned for his student to come up from the water as he handed him a towel to dry off.
    "When you're ready," Akihiko said. "Proceed to just use your dominant hand for this attack. Focus your Suiton Chakra into it and then release it a short and sharp stream of water. Pressure is everything. Remember to aim."
    After finishing these words, he tossed out a smoke bomb before Tsuki. "Direct it over there!"
    (Suiton: Suichuu Teigen no Jutsu) – Water Release: Underwater Motion Technique
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Mid
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: This Technique allows the user to properl themselves through a body of water by using their chakra. While underwater, this technique will also partially mask the users prescence.
    Note: Must be a large water source such as a lake to use.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

Tsuki gets out of the water then uses the towel his sensei handed him to dry himself. Then he puts his clothes back on and continues the training.

After listening to his sensei's instructions, a smoke bomb was tossed out before him and with his brief reflexes, he began to do what Kiritsugu told him:

Rising his right hand (which is his dominant hand) towards the smoke bomb, he had his hand open (as a signal of 'stop') and started to focus his suiton chakra into it. Then when the chakra was at the very end of his palm, he remembered the sensation of water pressure he experienced when he was underwater.

Tsuki uses that in order to do the same with the suiton chakra he has accumulated in his right palm and when not being able to hold pressurized chakra in his palm, he immediately releases it as a short and sharp stream of water. He made sure to properly aim at the smoke bomb and that stream of water shot it very briefly and quickly making it explode. It formed some smoke which surrounded him and his teacher but which was starting to fade away.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Perfect," Akihiko nodded. "Notice how the smoke was dispersed equally. Keep in mind the usage of this jutsu."
    He stepped back towards the lake, motioning at it. "I want you to focus your Suiton chakra into the water and then gather up a stream of water. Once you do so, I want you to start manipulating it carefully to start spiraling in a circle."
    Digging into his cloak, he drew out picture.
    "Much like this:"

(Suiton: Suihachi) – Water Release: Hand of waves
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short
    Damage points: 30
    Description: the user will produce a fairly powerful jet of water from the user's hand.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

Tsuki walks towards the lake and then, while focusing his suiton chakra into the water, he makes it blend together which allows him to manipulate it.

The student starts to manipulate it so it would 'run' underwater, going straight forward from Tsuki then starts turning around until it made a half circle then decides to get it upwards in order for it to get outside the lake. While doing so, he starts manipulating the chakra to spin as a sphere in order to make the water spiral in a circle.

He makes sure to keep the shape of the spiralling wave while directing it at a tree which could be seen by both the teacher and the student.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihiko nodded, satisfied. "So," he said. "The concept is much like hitting someone with a drill. Think of the effects of that as you use this move."
    With his words, he motioned for Tsuki to stay on the lake as he created a single clone mid distance from him.
    "This time, place your hand upon the lake and then start by sending your chakra into it. Begin to spin it in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise manner."
    (Suiton: Suishi no Jutsu) – Water Drowning Technique
    Type: Offensive, supplementary
    Range: Short-Mid
    Damage points: 30
    Description: After waving the Boar → Dog → Horse → Tiger hand seals, the user will gather a large amount of water to form a large spiraling stream of water. It can be guided to strike a target in a number of angles.
    Note: Requires a nearby water source.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"Alright, so since it's like a drill, it can pierce through things "

Tsuki places his hand upon the lake while sending some of the chakra he focused to his hand into the lake.
    Manipulating it, he starts to make it spin, little by little, in an anti-clockwise manner at the clone's location.

The spinning water started to drag down the clone making him drawn underwater while being unable to get out of the jutsu.

The effect of the spinnning water was impacting the water at Tsuki's location a little bit but since he was at mid distance it didn't have he same effect at all... only some minor waves.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Akihiko clapped.
    "Okay, Tsuki," he said. "Well done! Have I taught you about zoning before?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"Yes you did :D and there was one zoning technique we've learned which was that gluey water that we try to trick our opponents into "

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Perfect," Akihiko responded. "How might that apply to this jutsu?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"Hm, now that I think of it, this jutsu is quite similar to an earth technique where we make the earth spin around under the opponent's feet while having it become mud, which would immobilize the opponent.

The jutsu you've asked me to perform here is quite similar the only difference is that it probably requires a water source and that it's actually water and not earth.

Now to our jutsu, how might the zoning apply to our jutsu: the water doesn't need to be gluey but the fact that it's spinning around and absorbing things to the inside makes it difficult for whoever and whatever is standing over it to get away from it.
    When we perform the technique right under our opponent's feet, they would get destabilised while being sucked into it.

You also taught me that we can use a zoning technique in order to let our opponent go to a certain location instead of another one and that would be very useful if we don't want them to stay on the lake.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

>.>
    ---
    "This jutsu doesn't have earth in it," Akihiko corrected. "And well, you explained it halfway a bit. When we perform the technique right under our opponent's feet, they would get destabilised while being sucked into it. How might they try to escape and how would you prevent this and follow up with a proper counter?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

Seeing Kiritsugu's face and his response, Tsuki let an embarrassed laugh out of himself while scratching the back of his head "hehehe.. It just reminded me of an earth technique so I thought mentionning it...

I have some ideas in mind and I'm really curious to how we can prevent ppl from getting away from such a techniques since I really like this technique and wish it to be successful when I use it.

What I know for now is that they might try to escape by interrupting us while performing this technique, or if it's already performed then they can try to change the way the water is moving around them by using another water jutsu. If the water we're using isn't deep enough then they might use an earth technique to make the earth rise and get rid of the water around them.

To be honest I'm looking for the answer to this myself and still haven't found many. I personally find it quite difficult to get rid of this technique.

However we can prevent then from getting away by making sure to distract them with other attacks so that they'll have to counter them or else they'll get severely damaged. We can also use a water technique where we send a wave of water at the top of our opponent making it even hard to escape and that would also accelerate the drowning process.

We can also throw other heavy object at them from their head such as big rocks... if we stand on land while they're on the water then we can maybe send a lightning bolt which will electrify them and because of that prevent them from reacting properly since lightning gets someone numb."

Last edited by Tsūki; 12-07-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my bad, I read it wrong. @_@ Too tired these days. >.>
    ---
    "Well," Akihiko responded. "If you were standing on a deep lake, your opponent would not be able to create a Earth pillar to come up from it like they would on the Antlion technique. About interrupting it with your own Water jutsu, that may also be a good counter, however, it would take time.

The only appropriate and easiest counter might be Wind. Do you know how and why?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"...well since the water is spinning in one direction then we can use a wind technique targeting the opposite direction the water is spinning in. That way, we can (maybe) stop the spinning and this will kinda cancel our own water technique.

Else one could use at wind technique to get himself to fly away from our jutsu or at least keep himself/herself on the top of the water.

I don't really find my second suggestion possible so I'll stick with my previous one." *shrugs*

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Actually, using Wind to switch the direction isn't possible, haha," Akihiko said. "But yes, it is possible to push yourself off the surface of the water with Wind, as a viable defensive move. Keep that in mind, please."
    He paused, glancing at Tsuki with a questionable gaze.
    "Now, do you happen to know Fire yet?"
    (Suiton: Daibakuryuu) - Water Release: Great Exploding Current
    Type: Attack
    Range: Short-Mid
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: User creates a whirlpool that sucks any opponent in range underwater.
    Note: Must be performed on a water source

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"No, I've just started training fire actually but nothing much (just the usual 'tell me about fire' thing).
    So you can say that I don't know fire x)"

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Oh," Akihiko replied sadly. "Well, I guess you have some of the basics then. Now, for the next move, I want you to guide your Suiton Chakra into the air to cause the environment to become stormy. Next, as you have learned Katon already, please send your Katon Chakra into the clouds and have it mix with Suiton to become oil. Then build pressure inside the clouds and allow it to rain the oil upon us."

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"Oh well... I'm sorry sensei ", replied Tsuki "but ye I know the basics "

Forming some suiton chakra inside of his body, the student then sends it to the air around them, towards the sky and then spreading it all over the place so it would surround them completly.

Tsuki then decides to assemble some of them here and there in order to form some stormy clouds so he can perform the jutsu.

Now for the second phase: the student then concentrated on changing his chakra back to normal (menaning not elemental) then since he knew some of the basics in katon, he successfully turned his chakra to katon chakra. Now as his sensei instructed him, he sends that katon chakra towards the clouds and suiton chakra which he had already spread all around the sky.

Blending the katon chakra and the already formed clouds, Tsuki then decides to build some pressure in the clouds in order to make it rain. compressing the different types of chakra more and more together, he then manages to let drops to fall down and then to form to some type of 'oily rain'

"Oil!.. I'll have to wash myself after training T_T"

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Don't worry," Akihiko chuckled as he whipped out an umbrella magically from his cloak. "You can always make a lake for yourself!"
    Wiping his shoes, he casually watched the oil fall from the sky, making an odd "plopping" sound as it created dark puddles upon the ground around Tsuki and him.
    "Alright, well, you can actually direct where you want this oil to fall," he said. "Now, what do you think might happen if you set all this oil on fire?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"Good thing you brought with you that umbrella, man this cloak of yours has many useful things" said Tsuki as he then tried to examine his sensei's cloak with his eyes.

"I'm glad we can direct it, it would be troublesome if our opponent could simply blow it away without us being allowed to manipulate it."

After hearing Kiritsugu-sensei's last question, Tsuki's eyes opened wider while having a look at the raining oil and the oil that has already fallen surrounding them. A simple fire technique would turn this place into a mess.

"A simple fire technique can actually turn everything that has touched the oil. Not sure if there's also an explosive effect though... If we could put the oil drops on fire from the very beggining then that would be even more devastating in my opinion."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Ah, you can invent a jutsu like that, I suppose," Kiritsugu replied. "However, one more important thing. Aim. You said yourself that there can be quite the distraction if everything was set on fire.
    Now, where might you direct this jutsu so that it rains only on a certain part of the battlefield for the most effect?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"Oh yes, aiming is important, we would be in trouble if we're inside that jutsu

I would make sure to have some distance between me and my opponent and then will make it rain oil at our opponent's location. We must make sure that it surrounds him so that he/she/they won't get away from it that easily.

The reason why I believe we should be far away from the oppoent while performing his technique is because it would be quite complicated to have it exactly not touching you while touching the opponent and at the same time have a (let's say) taijutus fight going on o_o

Well again there is the aiming so you can use that to help you aswell."

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Well," Kiritsugu said. "You'd definitely want to aim this only at your opponent, so that when you set it on fire, it doesn't affect you at all as a result. You can also set forests on fire as well.
    He shrugged then questioned Tsuki again.
    "Do you know Earth yet?"

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Kirikoe4EIG #RuthlessLA

"But that would pollute the environment ", Tsuki exclaimed...

"Yes, I do know a great deal of earth techniques, currenly learning A-Ranks ^^
    Is there a combo we might add if we use an earth technique with our 'oil-rain' jutsu?"