Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Fairly Confused...

So, in the latest chapter the Nimaiya guy states that Renji and Ichigo do not posses "love" for their Zanpakuto.

What's confusing me is: How is it that Ichigo doesn't have a strong attachment with Zangetsu? Didn't he manage to achieve a rare and extraordinary level of merging with his own Zanpakuto and its powers? How could that even be possible if he did not form powerful bonds with it?

Your thoughts?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Happy Holidays Everyone!

Re: Fairly Confused...

You talking about bleach?

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

It could partially be due to Ichigo's nature. He wishes to protect everyone and he is willing to go as far as dying for others. He went to a degree in which he basically killed his shinigami powers (along with his sword)...while he cared for his sword maybee that desire to help others causes him to neglect his care for himself and his soul (which a zanpaktou is supposed to be an extention of).

Similar case with Renji. His pride led him to fight Ichigo in which he was messed up, and then he determined to go save Rukia...this led to him doing whatever it took...his sword was permanently damaged as a result..

In short it may be that they put others before them, and in doing so don't always show enough care for themselves (which would cause a lacking in caring for their souls/Zanpaktou).

But yeah they have close enough bonds to actually see their sword spirits and achieve Bankai....so it is interesting!

Status
    Jul 2011
    An opinion is not a fact...

It's not that they don't have a strong bond, think about it like this Ichigo gained Bankai and Shikai faster than pretty much everyone these steps are usually built for bonding with one's Zanpaktou and with the final Getsuga Tenshou, it wasn't the bond that allowed Zangetsu to let him use the technique it was his resolve however I do believe Ichigo and Zangetsu's bond is pretty strong just not that strong if you get me.

Renji though...that's a bit of a surprise since he's had Zabimaru for decades.

Status
    Apr 2012
    tired

Quote Originally Posted by uchiha zako View Post
    You talking about bleach?
    i guess he does when in bleachs part of the forum...