Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What would you change in Naruto? (My Take on the series)

Maybe it's just me. But I wasn't entirely satisfied with Obito's little flashback segment over the past few weeks. Why? Cause when Kishi explains one thing, he mentions 20 other things that now need explanations and making each chapter so much less fulfilling then it should be. When Obito was first revealed to be Tobi, I made a thread based on all the actions "Tobi" claimed to had done throughout the series.
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=235336

Before Obito was revealed, these were the actions Tobi claimed to had done

1. Giving Nagato his Rinnengan (Uchiha Madara implanted the Rinnegan into Nagato)
    2. Convincing Yahiko to form Akatsuki (Obito confronted them [while wearing Tobi Zetsu])
    3. Controlling Yagura, the Fourth MizuKage
    4. Attacking Konoha and Stealing the Ninetailed-Fox (Obito was the one who attacked Konoha)
    5. Aiding Itachi in the Uchiha Massacre

I looked at the timeline for all these events and compared it to Obito's age (which is 30, as of present day). I concluded that Obito could not have done most these actions at his age and there must have been another person other than Madara acting as Tobi. HOWEVER Kishi decided to sh*t on that because if you read above, the some actions Tobi claimed to have done were conducted by Obito. For the rest of the unconfirmed actions, I'm guessing Obito was responsible for them too.

While I'm not exactly satisfied with Obito being responsible for all of Tobi's claims, it is only part of why I don't feel completely content with what has happened. Obito's story is very 2 dimensional. He immediately loses all the hope and morals that have motivated him to stay alive and recuperate. After losing this hope he turns to the Infinite Tsukiyomi and this world of winners, which to me seems like an easy route. This is similar to how Sasuke wants to destroy Konoha for using Itachi and causing him to suffer. There is a lack of rational that needs to be displayed in order to show some depth in the character. This is because both Obito and Sasuke were protagonist, so to do them justice. Kishi should shed some light on the inner turmoil these characters have gone through to result in their antagonizing ideals. For Sasuke, one of the biggest portion of the Naruto story line and Obito/Tobi, one of the greatest mysteries of the Naruto Storyline, to act on their emotions makes these MAJOR characters underdeveloped and overly simplified. It makes me wonder what else is there to look forward to in Naruto? The thing is about this Naruto, is that Kishi has already told us where the story is going. While there are still unexplained answers and mysteries, plot wise, we know where this is going. Madara and Obito want to revive the Juubi, Naruto and everyone else are against it, big fight, the end. When you have a plot as simple as that, you have to keep the characters COMPELLING to keep the story appealing and interesting. Naruto is a very very long manga and now that there are no more big secrets left in the story, I just want to see it wrap up. However Kishi is just going to milk this money cow dry.

Now I have something I want to discus. What would you change in Naruto?
    As I mentioned before, the greatest let down for me was the character development. It was particularly disappointing for me because Sasuke was my favorite character but then he went all anti Konoha. I thought his character was very relevant up until he decided to destroy Konoha. He wanted to avenge his clan and wanted to kill Itachi. As simple as it may seem, it's much more personal, because he has always been too weak in Part 1 to extract his revenge and the fact that Naruto was surpassing him, made things much more complicated. Sasuke had grown fond of Naruto and I lost his drive to become strong. I personally thought it was just absolutely stupid how he disregard's Itachi's sacrifice for Konoha, Uchiha's sacrifice, and act on his own butt hurt emotions. He fails to see the bigger picture, which is to prevent another war. He fails to see thing in Itachi's perspective and while, I do feel it is Itachi's fault for leaving Sasuke ignorant, I think that it is stupid how Sasuke still wants to destroy Konoha even after speaking with Itachi. Maybe he will have a change of heart after meeting "The ones who know everything." Probably not though because now it is anticipated that Sasuke and Naruto will fight.

What I would have done differently was have Sasuke confront Itachi at the Uchiha Clan Hideout. Itachi would tell Sasuke the truth despite knowing that Sasuke wouldn't believe him. Sasuke doesn't believe him and they still have their big epic fight, resulting in Itachi dying. Before he dies Itachi shows Sasuke his memories with the Sharingan. Sasuke believes Itachi, but Itachi dies. Sasuke awakens his Mangekyo Sharingan and then passes out. Tobito rescues Sasuke and when he awakens, Tobito tell him the Moon's Eye Plan. Sasuke decides to join Tobito and Madara because he wants to create a world where Itachi and the Uchiha won't have to sacrificed.

Sasuke is still an antagonist. It shows rational and character development because he would have come to the realization that the Moon's Eye Plan is the answer to injustice of the world. It's more relevant to the story because a major character in the story becomes part of the major conflict. He would not be a whiny b*tch acting on pure emotion and he would become an understandable and likable character. In terms of power ups, he could still get EMS and he could receive Madara's other Rinnengan as well. And seriously how bad ass would it be to see, Obito, Madara and Sasuke standing together? Seriously wtf Kishi.

Tell me what you guys would have done differently :D I'd love to know!

Last edited by EmperorIssun; 10-31-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: What would you change in Naruto? (My Take on the series)

make some real villains: obito is butthurt that he got friendzoned, madara wants to create a fake world of just winners, oro is an ok villain but he could be better

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

First of all I would change the Moons Eye plan. It is simply ridicules, and it doesn't seem logic at all. Also all people shouldn't be able to see the moon at all time. And any genjutsu can be broken or avoided it is possible Madara just lied to Obito and that he just wants the jubi and feel stronger than hashirama, who knows..

I would probably have made Gaara beat Kimmimaro, the way that battle ended was just stupid, and it is the most stupid thing I've seen Kishi do ever..

Another general issue which is hard to change, but Naruto started out as a comic as well. But all the good comical scenes that made me laugh my ass off aren't appearing anymore.. Naruto crying over Yagura was the last "fun" part we had, and it wasn't really funny... The death of Jiraya was partly the beginning of the loss of comedy. However, Kishi sort of saved it with Bee as a new comic character, but his rapping isn't really funny, but at least he is an ero type as well.. Another funny character is Gai, and a lot suggests he will die soon as well..

Regarding Obito, I have no complains, but he should probably have made less mist anbu hunt kakashi and rin, there was simply too many, and he wasted a lot of time on showing this, where we would rather want explanations, but this is small problems..

The edo tensei on the other hand was a huge fail. Especially edo Madara being young having rinnengan etc.. The jutsu has been developed too much by Kabuto, it has sort of ruined the entire story from my point of view. It is obvious to me that Naruto is on its last verse, and I think it will end within the ending of 2013.

And I also miss casual scenes of life in Konoha. Like the Konoha 11 just hanging out together, making some funny scenes, etc.. It's like we need the so called "travel parts" that we often see for instance in One Piece, as the straw hats travel from one location to another, usually they experience a lot of irrelevant stuff, but it really helps the story and keep up a lot of comedy. Naruto doesn't have this. The last I remember is when Gai makes a piggy back for kakashi and runs to Konoha from Suna, but this is like many years ago, and it is in less than a chapter...

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    All these goddamn Uchiha and their stupid Moon's Eye Plan, seriously.

IMO Madara is just fooling everyone and basically plotting for world domination as a last "F*CK YOU!" to Hashirama 'cause obviously he has some sort of inferiority-complex thing going on here.

But anyway, I'd only change a few minor things. I think I like how ridiculously flawed Sasuke's character is. Some people are simply ruled by emotions, and the Uchiha clan is basically a poster boy for this. So the things I would change are first of all, Sakura having gotten over Sasuke completely by the time she faces him off with the intent to kill him, and having STOPPED thinking about this guy as the love of her f*cking life already. The only damn reason she fell in love with him when she was a kid was his looks.

Second thing I'd change... probably give Kakashi a Senju-level chakra/stamina pool so he can f*ck everyone up.

Third thing I'd change...

Not make Tobi Obito :/

Last thing I'd change, uhm... give secondary characters more screentime. That's about it.
    While I don't have much of a problem with the plot, I thought the Moon's Eye Plan, The War, Tobi, were all acceptable and interesting plot developments. I have to agree, I can't get over how flawed and unrelatable the characters are.