Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Biggest Plot Hole in the Naruto Manga is Gedo Rinne Tensei

Yotubue Video, Discussing What I feel is the biggest plot hole in Naruto:

In case that doesn't work: Link to My Channel

Agree? Disagree? What are some plot holes you have noticed?

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: The Biggest Plot Hole in the Naruto Manga is Gedo Rinne Tensei

wow man...

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

LOL i barely got it after 5 mins of thinking -.-

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vagabond

He wanted to revive rin when the world was perfect.Nagato wanted the same for yahiko.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I eat people like you for
    breakfast

thats not rinne tensei nice stuf to trick people .... dont woory moust of them will not get it until they read my comment !

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by alexu9696 View Post
    thats not rinne tensei nice stuf to trick people .... dont woory moust of them will not get it until they read my comment !
    I had already figured it out before you commented lol

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing to an infinite combo
    hurts :(

Seems legit...

OH LONG JOHNSON edo tensai wilmaso's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah some ppl cant watch videos ATM smh the lost art of typing smh.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

That took me ages. My brain now hurts.

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Playing Black Ops 2 at Hashirama's house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Just cause you bring people back to life doesnt mean their evil intent went away? (world-domination,money,rape,etc)

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Playing Black Ops 2 at Hashirama's house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Think about it. Bringing people back to life wont end the cycle of hatred. If someone kills someone but then comes back alive more than likely they will want revenge so it will be a constant war till the chakra supply gets low and cant use rennie tensie anymore. Not everybody is evil cause they lost a live one. So Rinnie Tensei wont work as you think to achieve peace. Also if someone want to have all the money in the world how will Rennie Tensei make him/she feel true peace. It might work for Obito, Itachi, Sasuke but not every bad currupted ninja in the Narutoverse.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How come people are confused? I thought this was pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by xMadara View Post
    Think about it. Bringing people back to life wont end the cycle of hatred. If someone kills someone but then comes back alive more than likely they will want revenge so it will be a constant war till the chakra supply gets low and cant use rennie tensie anymore. Not everybody is evil cause they lost a live one. So Rinnie Tensei wont work as you think to achieve peace. Also if someone want to have all the money in the world how will Rennie Tensei make him/she feel true peace. It might work for Obito, Itachi, Sasuke but not every bad currupted ninja in the Narutoverse.
    I was talking more about the major villains. Though if were talking about Kakuzu surely he could make the big bucks by offering to revive people in exchange for money.

As for bringing peace, of course it wouldn't be a perfect solution, but better than the villains current plan or Talk no Jutsu. Also from my understanding Juubi's chakra supply is insane, so I don't see chakra being an issue here.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A true warrior enters the
    arena with all of his powers
    at the ready.

I think Nagato was suppose to revive Madara after they collected the Tailed Beast; maybe he was going to use the power of the Gedo Mazou, to support the revival of Madara.

Obito, is just a douche bag. Like you, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to revive Rin, even if he supports the Eye of the Moon Plan. I think Obito needed Sasuke to be a host for Madara's soul after Nagato revived him with the Edo Tensei.

Last edited by Klue; 10-31-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

1st of all you make a huge misconception, which destroys your entire discussion... Anyway I will come to that.

Regarding Nagato, it is mainly due to creating a plot, but also Nagato probably didn't know about rinne tensei. I mean the jutsu comes with the eyes, but the know-how may not come with the eye. We don't know. Madara could have studied it long ago, so it is obvious he knows it. Obito could have told him how, or black zetsu could, who knows, it doesn't really matter.

Rinne tensei is somehow time-dependent, you could say that it brings back the soul of the person who died, BEFORE the soul passes on to "the next world" or whatever it is. I know why you don't think so, but Nagato said it himself, he can't bring back people who have been dead for too long. Obito obviously knows this too..

Then how can he revive Madara? We don't know that yet, but lets see if Kishi will explain it. If I am right in my assumption about the soul passing on to another dimension, like we see in Kakashis flashback, his father said "looks like it's not your turn yet anyway" or whatever, the point is, Kakashi was in some "medium" which wasn't really existing anywhere, lets see the world as 2 universes. 1 for the living and one for the dead, then Kakashi was somewhere in the middle with his father for a short time. He would have moved on, but rinne tensei prevented this before he could move on. Also it seems there are exceptions, like with Kakashis father, who didn't move on due to his feelings he wasn't able to.

This is actually prove enough. Cause that would technically give Madara a possibility for revival through rinne tensei. What if Madara found a way to prevent his soul from moving on from this medium, which is the world between the worlds, or whatever I described it as above. That would allow this. Such a place does exist. We already know. AND I happen to believe that this "world" is somewhat connected to many things we have seen through edo tensei. If the person who was revived came from this "world", which kakashis father was stuck in, that could possibly be because of their feelings for something they have done, or something they needed to say, or whatever. This was also somewhat described by Dan, as he got to say goodbye to Tsunade for a last time. Anyway my point is that all the persons that was able to release their edo tensei on their own, they weren't really "dead", they were simply on their way to wherever souls go after they "physically" die. So what I am trying to say is that if a soul is in a special emotional state it is not very stable, it will have an urge to move on, which is why it was possible for a number of people to break their edo tensei on their own, as they were relieved of their "pain" or whatever was nagging them.

You may ask yourself about Rin, but first of all, Obito didn't get rinnengan until very late, and it's not like he had any chance against nagato. Also how could he possibly not do as Madara said. He was in a huge need of the zetsu suit in the start, and if he didn't act according to plan, zetsu would probably stop helping him. Where would that leave him? Besides Madara talk no jutsu is strong

Last edited by thegame; 10-31-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

In the illusion it lasts longer and people wont die. If Obito revived Rin and she died, the revival would be pointless. But this whole revival is retarded anyway. Hopefully Madara destroys anyone.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i wouldnt really call it that much of a plot hole as nagato had given up on the world for people killing people also he never stated he was after bringing yahiko back to life
    also if you keep bringing people back then the world will get over run and they wont be any room
    also i dont think madaras goal is to bring people back he just wants to take over the world
    as for obito he probably just wants a world where his loved ones cant die and the world can be what he wants
    also with narutos goal its not like there is that many rinnegan users there is one pair of rinnegan in existance and a pair that is edo which i dont count as being the real ones as it is just a fake in a sense

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    1st of all you make a huge misconception, which destroys your entire discussion... Anyway I will come to that.

Regarding Nagato, it is mainly due to creating a plot, but also Nagato probably didn't know about rinne tensei. I mean the jutsu comes with the eyes, but the know-how may not come with the eye. We don't know. Madara could have studied it long ago, so it is obvious he knows it. Obito could have told him how, or black zetsu could, who knows, it doesn't really matter.

Rinne tensei is somehow time-dependent, you could say that it brings back the soul of the person who died, BEFORE the soul passes on to "the next world" or whatever it is. I know why you don't think so, but Nagato said it himself, he can't bring back people who have been dead for too long. Obito obviously knows this too..

Then how can he revive Madara? We don't know that yet, but lets see if Kishi will explain it. If I am right in my assumption about the soul passing on to another dimension, like we see in Kakashis flashback, his father said "looks like it's not your turn yet anyway" or whatever, the point is, Kakashi was in some "medium" which wasn't really existing anywhere, lets see the world as 2 universes. 1 for the living and one for the dead, then Kakashi was somewhere in the middle with his father for a short time. He would have moved on, but rinne tensei prevented this before he could move on. Also it seems there are exceptions, like with Kakashis father, who didn't move on due to his feelings he wasn't able to.

This is actually prove enough. Cause that would technically give Madara a possibility for revival through rinne tensei. What if Madara found a way to prevent his soul from moving on from this medium, which is the world between the worlds, or whatever I described it as above. That would allow this. Such a place does exist. We already know. AND I happen to believe that this "world" is somewhat connected to many things we have seen through edo tensei. If the person who was revived came from this "world", which kakashis father was stuck in, that could possibly be because of their feelings for something they have done, or something they needed to say, or whatever. This was also somewhat described by Dan, as he got to say goodbye to Tsunade for a last time. Anyway my point is that all the persons that was able to release their edo tensei on their own, they weren't really "dead", they were simply on their way to wherever souls go after they "physically" die. So what I am trying to say is that if a soul is in a special emotional state it is not very stable, it will have an urge to move on, which is why it was possible for a number of people to break their edo tensei on their own, as they were relieved of their "pain" or whatever was nagging them.

You may ask yourself about Rin, but first of all, Obito didn't get rinnengan until very late, and it's not like he had any chance against nagato. Also how could he possibly not do as Madara said. He was in a huge need of the zetsu suit in the start, and if he didn't act according to plan, zetsu would probably stop helping him. Where would that leave him? Besides Madara talk no jutsu is strong
    I like your theory there. I also get a feeling that reviving someone past a certain point requires a massive amount of chakra, if you think about it Nagato was very weak at the point he revived those in Konoha so it is possible at that time, he could only revive those within the last day for example and the technique seemed to put a lot of strain on him. At full power he could have revived Madara or anyone else from the past, possibly but we won't know for sure until Kishi explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama2012 View Post
    i wouldnt really call it that much of a plot hole as nagato had given up on the world for people killing people also he never stated he was after bringing yahiko back to life
    also if you keep bringing people back then the world will get over run and they wont be any room
    also i dont think madaras goal is to bring people back he just wants to take over the world
    as for obito he probably just wants a world where his loved ones cant die and the world can be what he wants
    also with narutos goal its not like there is that many rinnegan users there is one pair of rinnegan in existance and a pair that is edo which i dont count as being the real ones as it is just a fake in a sense
    Yeah people need to move on at some point, both Nagato and Obito have moved on from the deaths of Yahiko and Rin respectively. They have had to and what would the point of bringing these people back be exactly? The thing is both Nagato and Obito have realised, even if they are brought back, the world has not changed which is what they were/are trying to do. That is their main goal, changing the world to rid it of the hatred.

Last edited by superfuzzyllama; 10-31-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm liking the detailed responses, some of them seem to explain a few of the plot holes, but I don't think all of them.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

The reason it can revive Madara is because the plan calls for collecting the Biju first. Therefore, we can only assume Madara is revive-able once all the Biju have been collected. Yahiko was killed before Nagato could master Rinnegan, so by the time he could revive people, it was too late for Yahiko.

Bottom line? the Manga implies that a Rinnegan user with full access to the Juubi's chakra (ie its host) can theoretically revive anyone. End of story.

More in regard to your video, no one in existence can utilize the Jutsu like you are proposing. The requirements are just too high. It all makes perfect sense to me, Nagato can obviously not revive everyone, he can't be everywhere at once to revive them in time.