Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: So How is Windows 8, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by lubricati0n View Post
    I understand taxes and all, but how are they going to charge you shipping charges when Windows 8 hits the shelves for your country. Doesn't really make sense
    Yeah it does not, that is why people don't bother to buy original items. This is not only the case in software but also other items such as motorbikes, vehicles and other machinery products.

You know what, the price of a motorbike imported from India (neighboring country) is more than double in Nepal. Say Pulsar 220CC (a famous brand of motorbike in South Asian country), its price in India is around Rs. 111,050(Nepali Currency) but when imported in Nepal, its price is around Rs.234,900.

P.S The thread really is going off topic now. :D

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkiller56 View Post
    I want my PC to be a PC, not a phone. That's why I'm not bothering with Windows 8. Sticking with good old 7.
    yea... you are ignorant.

Win8 has the same thing has Win 7... You can choose how you want it to look. Like a PC/Win7 or like the new look of Win 8... Get educated...

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Thanks for all the post guys, over all pretty wise review :D But can someone reply why when I bought my laptop it said Win8 ready and at the same time some laptops didn't have that note

A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Thanks for all the post guys, over all pretty wise review :D But can someone reply why when I bought my laptop it said Win8 ready and at the same time some laptops didn't have that note
    I think its new released laptops you are talking about.....The new released laptops are configured so that they could run the new OS...and are termed as "win8 ready"...the same goes with new and upcoming motherboards.

Basically, if your laptop says "win 8 ready", it means that it can run on the new win 8 OS effectively and is tested to perform every task on this new platform. The other laptops which are not termed as "Win8 ready" may or may not run the new OS.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by Tsujan9484 View Post
    I think its new released laptops you are talking about.....The new released laptops are configured so that they could run the new OS...and are termed as "win8 ready"...the same goes with new and upcoming motherboards.

Basically, if your laptop says "win 8 ready", it means that it can run on the new win 8 OS effectively and is tested to perform every task on this new platform. The other laptops which are not termed as "Win8 ready" may or may not run the new OS.
    I'm pretty sure every good laptop should run win 8.. because out of 35 laptops only 6-7 we're said to be win8 ready... Must be some secret function O.o ... but I googles and it's basicly nothing .. just certification.

Since laptop has also 3d function maybe it could run windows in 3d lol

IT also says it doesn't have START MENU ? O_o

Last edited by Grim; 11-21-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never Give Up!

Personally for me as a student developer in gaming and 3D, I find it terrible. Its not well suited for us developers.

Many companies such as EA Games, Dreamcast and Crytek had complaints about Windows 8.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12