Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Sublime

Re: Akihiko teaches me [FIRE]

Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger
    Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger

Akane wispered it a few times to herself to memorize the sequence. Finally she felt confident to give the jutsu a try.
    Easy peasy...

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath of the clean seaside air (I'm telling you we are by the sea) and started building the fire chakra in her body. The breeze got a bit stronger, her hair moved along with it as she was concentrating the chakra in a dense stream; pressurising it as much as she could. Finally she created a ring around her mouth using her right hand's thumb and index finger and spit the pressurised chakra forcefully through the formed circle towards the tree next to Kiritsugu. The sand from her to the tree was melted to thin glass while the tree was caught in a blast of fire that also spread to its surrounding wildflowers.
    She smirked content and looked towards her sensei to see his reaction to the blast.

-----
    You have no idea the amount of comic relief I thought of adding while writing this post, yet restrained myself from doing so
    But soooooooon...soooooooon....

Last edited by Sublime; 11-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    09-14-2014, 08:01 PM

Kiritsugu jumped back a bit, watching the fire create a nice and big wall before him. Watching such an amazing jutsu nearly tempted him to take out another cigarette and light it with Akane's jutsu.
    "I'm on the other side," he said. "And if I were an opponent in your fight, I would not be able to see you behind this jutsu because it is rather tall and also extends enough to the side to cover my peripheral view. Because of this, you can also take advantage of my inability to predict your next move."
    He shrugged, then walked up to Akane, digging around his pocket for an object. Finally finding it, he handed it to her, a shiny, somewhat new lighter.
    "So, use that lighter to flick to life a flame. Then channel your chakra through the lighter into that flame to create a wall of flame in front of you to defend against basic wind attacks." A sudden thought occurred to him. "Or you can have a cigarette too."
    ---

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko View Post
    Kiritsugu jumped back a bit, watching the fire create a nice and big wall before him. Watching such an amazing jutsu nearly tempted him to take out another cigarette and light it with Akane's jutsu.
    "I'm on the other side," he said. "And if I were an opponent in your fight, I would not be able to see you behind this jutsu because it is rather tall and also extends enough to the side to cover my peripheral view. Because of this, you can also take advantage of my inability to predict your next move."
    He shrugged, then walked up to Akane, digging around his pocket for an object. Finally finding it, he handed it to her, a shiny, somewhat new lighter.
    "So, use that lighter to flick to life a flame. Then channel your chakra through the lighter into that flame to create a wall of flame in front of you to defend against basic wind attacks." A sudden thought occurred to him. "Or you can have a cigarette too."
    ---
    Akane squinted her eyes in Kiritsugu's offer, giving him an 'I-hate-you' look and snatched the lighter from his hand.
    She didn't reply in words, only turned her back on him and examined the lighter. Flicking it on and off it's fuel transformed into fire;but she was confused about how to channel her chakra through her skin. All this time she only produced attacks by breathing out the chakra..now she had to somehow channel it from her hands.
    She stared at the lighter, tried to send as much chakra on her palm as possible. Finally she felt chakra emitting from her hand to the lighter ,drowning it. She brushed her thumb onto the scrolling metal and the lighter flicked one last time, as she threw it with a circling move; a tail of chakra following it. Then she ignited the chakra all the way to the lighter, creating a fiery wall. Which is also stronger than the normal fire, cause it contains gas.
    Umm...was this what I was supposed to do?
    Not quite sure...

Question Time!.
    *First of all I didn't quite understand how this move is supposed to work, can you demonstrate?
    *Also, say I have a lighter,fill it with Fire chakra, throw it away then ignite it. Does that make it a grenade of some sort?

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

What you basically do with this move is to take a lighter, channel your chakra through it to enlarge the flame that flickers when you turn it on. Grow that flame to become a sort of wall before you.
    Yes, you can, but I don't remember that jutsu being in the jutsu list. The one I am teaching you right now is exactly what it sounds. xD

Sublime

What you basically do with this move is to take a lighter, channel your chakra through it to enlarge the flame that flickers when you turn it on. Grow that flame to become a sort of wall before you.
    Yes, you can, but I don't remember that jutsu being in the jutsu list. The one I am teaching you right now is exactly what it sounds. xD
    I actually went to check the jutsu list exactly cause I didn't know what to do with it
    Description: The user first throws out a lighter that has an open flame.The user the turns the flame into a wall of fire used for protection or to burn small objects thrown towards him. This jutsu can be used with Hurricane Fist to create a combo jutsu.
    This bolded part confused me But I guess he doesn't literally mean to throw the lighter, I just have to manipulate the fire. :sy: <---is stupid

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY...

The fail was big in this last attempt, not only the fire didn't turn out as expected but also Kiritsugu sensei's ligher was now melting in the flames.
    Woopsy...., said Akane when she noticed the freaked out look on his face, Ehehe...I guess I'll have to try again...hehe...
    She quickly run and covered the fires with sand, then she took out some ryo from her bag and run towards a shack that seemed to be selling lighters.
    Be back in a jiffy.

When she returned she had a plastic lighter with her, it depicted a girl with a grass skirt outfit and some flowers around her neck; it also looked very cheap.
    See? I got you a new one! She didn't look at Kiritsugu enough to notice his responce, she only lowered her head and concidered what she had done wrong before.

'I guess I shouldn't throw the lighter this time' she thought and she flicked the flame on once again.
    'Maybe, I'll be able to manipulate the flame instead of creating a new one...'
    Akane closed her eyes, how stupid of her not to have thought of this before. She concentrated on the lighter and once again started emitting chakra from her palm. The chakra emitted strenghtened the fire so much that the flames almost swallowed her in them. And they would have done so, if she hadn't moved the lighter as far away from her body as possible. A fiery shield was clearly shaped in the outside of her hand, looked menacing, but didn't burn her.
    What about now??

Tell me I did it T.T Pweaaaase?

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiritsugu sighed, pressing a hand against his face as the lighter he had just bought at a rather expensive pawnshop melted in the flames. They had better compensate me for that...
    Akane ran off, no doubt to some market near here, as Kiritsugu leaned against the tree, closing his eyes, only to be awakened...:
    "What about now?!" Akane exclaimed in enthusiasm as a wall of flames appeared before her.
    Upon closer inspection at the wall, Kiritsugu nodded in approval as he flicked a casual bullet of water towards it. "So, besides weak Water jutsu, what else could this block against?"
    And quite suddenly, he noticed the design of the lighter held in Akane's hand. A horrified look passed his face as he was nearly facepalmed again. "Feel free to keep that...piece of junk."

Sublime

Kiritsugu sighed, pressing a hand against his face as the lighter he had just bought at a rather expensive pawnshop melted in the flames. They had better compensate me for that...
    Akane ran off, no doubt to some market near here, as Kiritsugu leaned against the tree, closing his eyes, only to be awakened...:
    "What about now?!" Akane exclaimed in enthusiasm as a wall of flames appeared before her.
    Upon closer inspection at the wall, Kiritsugu nodded in approval as he flicked a casual bullet of water towards it. "So, besides weak Water jutsu, what else could this block against?"
    And quite suddenly, he noticed the design of the lighter held in Akane's hand. A horrified look passed his face as he was nearly facepalmed again. "Feel free to keep that...piece of junk."
    It aint THAT bad! Akane replied disturbed. Look she also dances when you move it from side to side! With that said she saked the lighter left and right, the girl with the grass skirt moved as if she was dancing. See?
    Apparently unimpressed Kiritsugu waited for her reply to his last question. Well, yeah the shield... What could this shield defend against; appart from low level water attacks?
    She brushed her hair and thought about it. The answer was simple...
    It can obviously counter taijutsu, would roast any limb that hits on it. Also I know that non-elemental chakra is weaker than fire so it can also defend against that.Oh yeah, also ice would melt when it touched it, so its a nice defence against that too... She stopped and thought about what would happen against wind. Finally she turned to her sensei and replied, convinced her answer was probably right. I wouldn't use it against wind though. I believe that even if fire can take advantage of the oxygen produced by the wind, a strong current would probably just send the fire back to me, maybe strengthened by it, and I don't wish to burn to death just yet...

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiritsugu was tempted to facepalm for about the gazzilionenth time that day, but instead maintained the impassive gaze upon his face, leaning back against the tree.
    "You're right," he simply said after Akane finished her explanation. "I suppose I can't add anything else." Following these words, he drew out a crayon, tracing the ground before Akane as he did so, forming some kind of circle.
    "Alright, proceed to trace your fire chakra around those lines."
    He formed a Shadow clone in the middle of the circle he drew. "Tell me what happens if you add Wind to this move."

Sublime

Kiritsugu was tempted to facepalm for about the gazzilionenth time that day, but instead maintained the impassive gaze upon his face, leaning back against the tree.
    "You're right," he simply said after Akane finished her explanation. "I suppose I can't add anything else." Following these words, he drew out a crayon, tracing the ground before Akane as he did so, forming some kind of circle.
    "Alright, proceed to trace your fire chakra around those lines."
    He formed a Shadow clone in the middle of the circle he drew. "Tell me what happens if you add Wind to this move."
    Okay..lets get a bit creative here.
    Akane looked at the lines cyrcling the clone and concentrated. Chakra rose within her,from her lungs,to her tongue, to her mouth. She spew the fire chakra out while controling the stream with her hands. Finally when enough chakra had been collected, she threw her arms forcefully in front of her dropping the chakra around the clone, igniting it to form a round wall of flames, trapping the clone inside.
    hehehe...nice Jutsu, she said and her face formed an evil mask. This could only mean she had something in mind. The grimace disolved a second later as she returned to her usual self.
    If we were to add wind in this jutsu the fire surrounding the clone would grow taller. The wall would expand higher towards the skies and, besides the fact the chances of escape drop drastically, the victim would suffocate from the lack of oxygen
    Her eyes flared a shine. Terribly interesting..., she wispered to herself, ...terribly interesting...
    and she stopped talking only to pin her eyes in the crimson flames.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

The sadistic look on Akane's face somewhat reminded Kiritsugu of Alternative, one of the many interesting... students he taught. He coughed to get her attention as he couldn't but notice the flames reflecting in her eyes in a somewhat disturbing way.
    "Good response you gave earlier," he stated. "However, one more important detail that you missed. When the flames up around the opponent, does it not also prevent them from seeing you? How might you utilize that fact?"

Sublime

The sadistic look on Akane's face somewhat reminded Kiritsugu of Alternative, one of the many interesting... students he taught. He coughed to get her attention as he couldn't but notice the flames reflecting in her eyes in a somewhat disturbing way.
    "Good response you gave earlier," he stated. "However, one more important detail that you missed. When the flames up around the opponent, does it not also prevent them from seeing you? How might you utilize that fact?"

Aaah yes..., she said turning her head to her sensei, pulled out of her thoughts.
    Of course, how could I forget that, an innocent smile appeared on her face.
    Since the enemy won't see me, he wont expect my next move, thus I can catch him by surprise. However, I don't think this will work well with people who possess Sharingan, Byakugan and generally chakra sensing abilities because they will be able to see me -or sense me- through the fire...
    There are many ninjas that can bypass the vision issue; that's why I didn't think of mentioning it earlier...
    Not to say I wouldn't be able to see them either. And I don't possess any sensing at all; to be honest this ability might be easy to propel back on me.

Akane shrugged her shoulders. She looked back at Kiritsugu concerned.
    Any suggestions on how to solve the vision problem on my end?

----------
    OOC: Does rinnengan work like sharingan/byakugan? Can it see through stuff?

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Well, you are actually wrong about the fact that the Sharingan may be able to see you. The Sharingan sees chakra, and your fire is full of your own chakra, so no, he can not pierce through it. On the other hand, the Rinnegan can see chakra, so it may not be able to pierce through it..." Kiritsugu shrugged. "Well, you can simply put out the fire with water since you know where the enemy is. Or, there is another Water jutsu called Rain Tiger at Will that can allow you to sense what's going on on the battlefield at all times."
    He reached into his pocket, handing Akane a piece of string. "Now, you can tie that string anywhere you wish. Once you do so, form the handseals of Snake → Dragon → Rabbit → Tiger and breathe fire from your end of the string."
    ( Katon: Hibashiri ) - Fire Release: Running Fire
    Type: Attack
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: After performing the Tiger hand seal by utilizing their fire chakra, the user will create a stream of fire that can be manipulated into several forms (rings of fire that runs on the ground or a circle of fire flying through the air) before striking the target. It can also be used in combination with a suitable wind technique to release a massive inferno.

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritsugu View Post
    He reached into his pocket, handing Akane a piece of string. "Now, you can tie that string anywhere you wish. Once you do so, form the handseals of Snake → Dragon → Rabbit → Tiger and breathe fire from your end of the string."
    Anywhere?

With an indifferent look, Akane took the string from Kiritsugu's hand, walked to the nearby campfire, stole a wood from the flames, put it out and pegged it in the cold sand. She then tied the string on the edge of the wood, that was rising a few centimeters over the ground, and tailed the rest of the string a some meters away, stretching it.
    She placed the one edge she had on her mouth and clammed it with her teeth. With the string on hold, she performed the Snake → Dragon → Rabbit → Tiger and released fire chakra from her mouth. The string was caught in a fire that run towards the halfburned campfire wood.
    When it reached its target the string had all been burnt and the wood was covered in flames once again.
    She huffed once again and turned to her sensei.
    So, how did this go?

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiritsugu shrugged, nodding as his eyes followed the fire traveling across the string.
    "Now, the limit of this jutsu is just the string itself. If you tie a lot everyone upon the battlefield, you can set multiple areas on fire at once. Just think of everything you can do with a string."
    He formed the Tiger seal, creating another clone. "Anyways, for this next jutsu, proceed to form these handseals (Rat → Tiger → Dog → Ox → Rabbit → Tiger) in order and then by utilizing short bursts of chakra, release a volley of small fireballs."
    Digging within his pouch, he tossed a bunch of shurikens at Akane. "Catch and have fun! You can hide those in the fireballs too for extra effect!"

( Katon: Ryūka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Dragon Fire Technique
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short/Mid
    Description: The user will perform four handseals Snake → Dragon → Rabbit → Tiger , and breathe fire along a cord or any other type of long object, which rushes forward in straight line catching the enemy on fire. A line of enemies can be used as the conductor as well. The flames are meant to target, and assault the enemy's upper body just like a projectile weapon.

Sublime

Kiritsugu shrugged, nodding as his eyes followed the fire traveling across the string.
    "Now, the limit of this jutsu is just the string itself. If you tie a lot everyone upon the battlefield, you can set multiple areas on fire at once. Just think of everything you can do with a string."
    He formed the Tiger seal, creating another clone. "Anyways, for this next jutsu, proceed to form these handseals (Rat → Tiger → Dog → Ox → Rabbit → Tiger) in order and then by utilizing short bursts of chakra, release a volley of small fireballs."
    Digging within his pouch, he tossed a bunch of shurikens at Akane. "Catch and have fun! You can hide those in the fireballs too for extra effect!"
    Yay shurikens! *catches like a dog*

I see, Akane replied while brushing her chin with her index finger, so I can set traps with this one,eh? Well that would be a good idea..
    She hadn't finished her phrase when she saw Kiritsugu grabbing a handful of shuriken and throwing them at her.
    "Catch" he said. Surprised she grabbed the shuriken in the air. She checked her fingers after catching the last one and sighted glad she still had twelve ten of those. She looked at her target. Walking backwards. Creating some distance between her and the clone.
    She took three of the shuriken Kiritsugu had thrown at her, placed two on her left hand and the last one, on her right hand.
    She breathed out five fireballs in a row and directed them at her sensei's clone, adding a shuriken in each of the last three.
    Controlling the orbs to move in a curved manner, she created half a sphere with with the flames tails. Finally when they reached the clone they pierced through him simultaneously. The clone poofed away in a cloud of smoke as the shuriken fell to the ground.
    That was a nice attack Akane exclamed and crossed her fingers in front of her neck. She waited for comments and critisism silent.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Don't look so satisfied yet..." Kiritsugu mumbled, his eyes still lingering upon the spot his clone had disappeared. "This jutsu is just as important as any other one..."
    Almost sub-consciously, he drew out a Shuriken, playing with it as he let it run across his fingers in a monotonous manner. "Firstly," he began. "You must always aim for vital areas whenever throwing Ninja tools. Tell me..." His hand paused as he indicated several parts of his body with the Shuriken as a pointer. "Where would you strike first for an instant death?"
    As soon as he finished he finished words, he set the Shuriken on fire so that it became a pure ball of flame within his hands, easily hiding the Shuriken within. "What also might be the purpose of hiding Shurikens in those balls of fire?"

Sublime

"Don't look so satisfied yet..." Kiritsugu mumbled, his eyes still lingering upon the spot his clone had disappeared. "This jutsu is just as important as any other one..."
    Almost sub-consciously, he drew out a Shuriken, playing with it as he let it run across his fingers in a monotonous manner. "Firstly," he began. "You must always aim for vital areas whenever throwing Ninja tools. Tell me..." His hand paused as he indicated several parts of his body with the Shuriken as a pointer. "Where would you strike first for an instant death?"
    As soon as he finished he finished words, he set the Shuriken on fire so that it became a pure ball of flame within his hands, easily hiding the Shuriken within. "What also might be the purpose of hiding Shurikens in those balls of fire?"
    Oh snap...I forgot to say where I aimed

Vital areas?, Akane repeated to herself, Well the neck is sure one of them, she said while brushing the behind of her head, thinking. Oh yeah! Also the eyes are a spot that would be wise to aim at since they are soft,easy to pierce through and directly connected to the brain. Any injury can be both lasting and give me important advantage in the fight, she stopped and reaccessed her statement, Actually now I think about it, eye trauma might not be as lethal to ninjas since most have the ability to sense chakra. Even with a minor ability of sensing; most oponents will probably be able to expect and counter any move of mine that involves chakra or me in close range...
    After a small pause to breath she went on with her explanation.
    ..I would also add the abdominal area because it contains a lot of vital organs. A wound there could cause extreme bleeding to the opponent. However, I don't think it is easy to pierce through the torso with small ninja weapons, like kunais and shurikens. So even if the belly is an easy and effective spot to stab into, a larger and thus less manouverable weapon would be needed, or the use of wind chakra to enhance its cutting ability(?).
    She stopped to consider the second question. The answer came to her head rather fast.
    By hiding shuriken inside balls of fire you can surprise the opponent and give him to things to deal with at once. Except of the burning element the fireball had you also have the cutting element of the ninja weapon, and if aimed at the correct spots this can be lethal.
    Am I right?
    She looked at Kiritsugu, waiting for his answer.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Kiritsugu spread out his hands, shrugging. "Well, the abdomen is a good try, but this jutsu is more focused on the explosions and effects of fire more than direct kill. And you are completely correct about the hiding of shurikens in the fireball.
    Also, this jutsu can be used as a distraction too, and most times, your opponent would be forced to use a wide-scale water attack in order to deflect this jutsu and you can easily counter that now you know what they will do."
    He held up his hands, forming the Tiger handseal, creating a single clone. "Okay, this next one is rather straightforward. Send your chakra at my clone, surrounding him with it as you set him on fire."
    ( Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short
    Description: The user first performs six hand seals Rat → Tiger → Dog → Ox → Rabbit → Tiger and they create a volley of small fireballs, which are sent flying in an unpredictable manner assaulting the enemy. In addition, the flames are controlled one by one with chakra, so avoiding them all is extremely difficult. Shuriken can also be concealed within the flames, creating an unexpected secondary surprise attack. Like the flames, the shuriken can be controlled with chakra. For the most part, however, this technique is used as a distraction.

Sublime

Kiritsugu spread out his hands, shrugging. "Well, the abdomen is a good try, but this jutsu is more focused on the explosions and effects of fire more than direct kill. And you are completely correct about the hiding of shurikens in the fireball.
    Also, this jutsu can be used as a distraction too, and most times, your opponent would be forced to use a wide-scale water attack in order to deflect this jutsu and you can easily counter that now you know what they will do."
    He held up his hands, forming the Tiger handseal, creating a single clone. "Okay, this next one is rather straightforward. Send your chakra at my clone, surrounding him with it as you set him on fire."

Sure!...sounds simple indeed.
    Akane looked at the clone, the next victim of her training. She was accustomed to spitting fire chakra by now, so the whole storing in the lungs and breathing out process took a fairly short time. The blazing chakra that came out of her mouth surrounded the clone and eventually cloaked him in flames; restricting him from moving out of the fiery circle and incinerating him. Seconds later the clone poofed away, leaving Kiritsugu's silhuette pattern stamped on the ground.
    Phew haven't burned that many people in one day since... even I can't remember when. she pointed out as a macabre inside joke. She laughed to herself.

That was it?

Last edited by Sublime; 11-19-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: typo

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Yes, this is it," Kiritsugu said, slightly wincing at his own clone's demise. "It is quite a boring jutsu. It is also quite slow so I don't necessarily recommend it."
    He shrugged, monotonously skipping to the next jutsu. "Next, proceed to start by running and then jumping into the air above my clone.
    Build up fire chakra and then much like the jutsu before this one, release a flurry of fireballs. However, this one acts more like rain. This has many uses by the way."
    With a single hand, he gestured rather figuratively at the sky.
    ( Katon: Honoo no Saigai Hi Kagayaku no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Flame of Disaster Fire Shine Technique
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short - Mid
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user releases a flame of fire chakra that converges on the opponent wrapping around them and burning them.

Sublime

"Yes, this is it," Kiritsugu said, slightly wincing at his own clone's demise. "It is quite a boring jutsu. It is also quite slow so I don't necessarily recommend it."
    He shrugged, monotonously skipping to the next jutsu. "Next, proceed to start by running and then jumping into the air above my clone.
    Build up fire chakra and then much like the jutsu before this one, release a flurry of fireballs. However, this one acts more like rain. This has many uses by the way."
    With a single hand, he gestured rather figuratively at the sky.
    Flashy time O^O ~

Got it! Akane smirked and walked some meters away from the clone. She stopped when she deemed the distance satisfactory and turned to look back to her target. With the grin of a show-off she started running towards the clone. At about three meters from him, she stomped her right foot on the ground and unleashed a push(?) of chakra with it, blasting a small hole in the sand and launching herself mid-air. Airborne, she twisted her body so as to be in semi-upside down stance. She looked at the clone that was following her course in the air and inhaled deeply. When directly above him; she breathed out with small stops, moulding chakra in her mouth and shooting it in the form of tiny spheres to her target.
    Dozens of small fiery orbs rained over the clone as she was landing about two meters away from him. A holywood-esque scene with the classic rain of fire and the protagonist landing unscathed. Someone was having fun~ Akane got up on her legs, dusted the sand off her dress mechanically and turned to see what had remained of the clone.
    A shallow crater had been carved in the sand. No sight of the clone whatsoever.
    Weird, I didn't hear him poofing away with all the blasting...
    Lovely technique I agree, but kinda noisy.

She glided towards her sensei. So what can its uses be? Apart from attacking from the sky?

OOC: How many meters above the ground is 'mid-air' ? Also if I've done anything invalid please correct me

Last edited by Sublime; 11-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, this jutsu doesn't blast nor cause explosions...more like setting the person on fire.
    ---
    When was there sand on the ground...Kiritsugu's eyes followed her graceful maneuver in the air as she released several fireballs in conjunction with one another onto his clone.
    One got rather near him and he jumped back quickly, barely avoiding a good scorching on his shoes.
    "Well, take into account that there are many, many fireballs, not just one. Generally speaking, this would serve as more of a distraction than anything else. Where do you think your eyes' field of vision would be taken when you use this jutsu and how do you use it to your advantage?"
    He paused for a moment, tracing Akane's steps as she had jumped in the air. "Also, what was the purpose of jumping and how does it give you advantages in a fight?"
    ---
    Depends on you, though it's hard to calculate trajectory.

Sublime

For the record, this jutsu doesn't blast nor cause explosions...more like setting the person on fire.
    ---
    When was there sand on the ground...Kiritsugu's eyes followed her graceful maneuver in the air as she released several fireballs in conjunction with one another onto his clone.
    One got rather near him and he jumped back quickly, barely avoiding a good scorching on his shoes.
    "Well, take into account that there are many, many fireballs, not just one. Generally speaking, this would serve as more of a distraction than anything else. Where do you think your eyes' field of vision would be taken when you use this jutsu and how do you use it to your advantage?"
    He paused for a moment, tracing Akane's steps as she had jumped in the air. "Also, what was the purpose of jumping and how does it give you advantages in a fight?"
    ---
    Depends on you, though it's hard to calculate trajectory.
    Okies
    ----

Well, I'm not too sure. Akane murmured, maybe it has to do with the area one can scan. The higher up you are, the further away you can see. So I guess that's how I can detect opponents from a distance...
    She paused and thought about the second question.
    Now what other purpose jumping can have... she shrugged, I can jump to avoid a move. I really can't think of anything else though...

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Well, technically..." Kiritsugu's voiced trailed off for a slight moment. "Knowing where your enemy is looking at at all times is extremely important, especially against Doujutsu users like the Byakugan (a single blind spot on the back of the neck) or the Sharingan (avoid their gaze or they can cast you into a Genjutsu immediately), but also because you could potentially sneak up behind regular opponents."
    He sighed, bringing a hand to his forehead as he massaged it slowly, thinking of his next words. "And when you jump, you gain a better view of the battlefield - the higher you are, the better view of an area you have...
    Though avoiding moves could be another purpose, but it depends on the situation."
    Shrugging, he dug into his cloak, taking out a picture:

"Now, take a good look at the visual," Kiritsugu instructed. "Then proceed to build up fire in your body, and release it in the form of a large dragon, assaulting the area in front of you in a destructive manner. Think of the uses for such a jutsu."

( Katon: Rakka Sanran Kasai ) - Fire Release: Falling Fire Scatter
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user whilst in mid air will release from their mouth a series of small fire shots that rain down upon the target.

Sublime

"Well, technically..." Kiritsugu's voiced trailed off for a slight moment. "Knowing where your enemy is looking at at all times is extremely important, especially against Doujutsu users like the Byakugan (a single blind spot on the back of the neck) or the Sharingan (avoid their gaze or they can cast you into a Genjutsu immediately), but also because you could potentially sneak up behind regular opponents."
    He sighed, bringing a hand to his forehead as he massaged it slowly, thinking of his next words. "And when you jump, you gain a better view of the battlefield - the higher you are, the better view of an area you have...
    Though avoiding moves could be another purpose, but it depends on the situation."
    Shrugging, he dug into his cloak, taking out a picture:

"Now, take a good look at the visual," Kiritsugu instructed. "Then proceed to build up fire in your body, and release it in the form of a large dragon, assaulting the area in front of you in a destructive manner. Think of the uses for such a jutsu."
    Akane took the picture Kiritsugu handed her and examined it. The fire the old man was spewing had the form of a dragon. It looked like a very powerful move, it would need more chakra to perform than moves she had already learnt.
    Looks like a strong technique, kinda hard. I'll give it a try actually and she how it goes...
    She took a step away from Kiritsugu and turned the other way. She inhaled deeply, builiding up and concentrating as much chakra as she could in her lungs. After she had stored a great supply of chakra in her chest, she breathed out forcefully, trying to divide the flames orizontally in the middle, as if they were the mouth of a beast.
    The flares that emerged from her mouth were surely larger and brighter than her previous performances, But where they dragon shaped? ,she wondered.
    Whatever the case, she was not one to judge. She turned to Kiritsugu, who for some reason looked extremely bored, and asked him for his opinion.