Page 3 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
    Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Re: Akihiko teaches me [FIRE]

"Don't look so satisfied yet..." Kiritsugu mumbled, his eyes still lingering upon the spot his clone had disappeared. "This jutsu is just as important as any other one..."
    Almost sub-consciously, he drew out a Shuriken, playing with it as he let it run across his fingers in a monotonous manner. "Firstly," he began. "You must always aim for vital areas whenever throwing Ninja tools. Tell me..." His hand paused as he indicated several parts of his body with the Shuriken as a pointer. "Where would you strike first for an instant death?"
    As soon as he finished he finished words, he set the Shuriken on fire so that it became a pure ball of flame within his hands, easily hiding the Shuriken within. "What also might be the purpose of hiding Shurikens in those balls of fire?"

Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritsugu View Post
    "Don't look so satisfied yet..." Kiritsugu mumbled, his eyes still lingering upon the spot his clone had disappeared. "This jutsu is just as important as any other one..."
    Almost sub-consciously, he drew out a Shuriken, playing with it as he let it run across his fingers in a monotonous manner. "Firstly," he began. "You must always aim for vital areas whenever throwing Ninja tools. Tell me..." His hand paused as he indicated several parts of his body with the Shuriken as a pointer. "Where would you strike first for an instant death?"
    As soon as he finished he finished words, he set the Shuriken on fire so that it became a pure ball of flame within his hands, easily hiding the Shuriken within. "What also might be the purpose of hiding Shurikens in those balls of fire?"
    Oh snap...I forgot to say where I aimed

Vital areas?, Akane repeated to herself, Well the neck is sure one of them, she said while brushing the behind of her head, thinking. Oh yeah! Also the eyes are a spot that would be wise to aim at since they are soft,easy to pierce through and directly connected to the brain. Any injury can be both lasting and give me important advantage in the fight, she stopped and reaccessed her statement, Actually now I think about it, eye trauma might not be as lethal to ninjas since most have the ability to sense chakra. Even with a minor ability of sensing; most oponents will probably be able to expect and counter any move of mine that involves chakra or me in close range...
    After a small pause to breath she went on with her explanation.
    ..I would also add the abdominal area because it contains a lot of vital organs. A wound there could cause extreme bleeding to the opponent. However, I don't think it is easy to pierce through the torso with small ninja weapons, like kunais and shurikens. So even if the belly is an easy and effective spot to stab into, a larger and thus less manouverable weapon would be needed, or the use of wind chakra to enhance its cutting ability(?).
    She stopped to consider the second question. The answer came to her head rather fast.
    By hiding shuriken inside balls of fire you can surprise the opponent and give him to things to deal with at once. Except of the burning element the fireball had you also have the cutting element of the ninja weapon, and if aimed at the correct spots this can be lethal.
    Am I right?
    She looked at Kiritsugu, waiting for his answer.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Kiritsugu spread out his hands, shrugging. "Well, the abdomen is a good try, but this jutsu is more focused on the explosions and effects of fire more than direct kill. And you are completely correct about the hiding of shurikens in the fireball.
    Also, this jutsu can be used as a distraction too, and most times, your opponent would be forced to use a wide-scale water attack in order to deflect this jutsu and you can easily counter that now you know what they will do."
    He held up his hands, forming the Tiger handseal, creating a single clone. "Okay, this next one is rather straightforward. Send your chakra at my clone, surrounding him with it as you set him on fire."
    ( Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: The user first performs six hand seals Rat → Tiger → Dog → Ox → Rabbit → Tiger and they create a volley of small fireballs, which are sent flying in an unpredictable manner assaulting the enemy. In addition, the flames are controlled one by one with chakra, so avoiding them all is extremely difficult. Shuriken can also be concealed within the flames, creating an unexpected secondary surprise attack. Like the flames, the shuriken can be controlled with chakra. For the most part, however, this technique is used as a distraction.

Sublime

Kiritsugu spread out his hands, shrugging. "Well, the abdomen is a good try, but this jutsu is more focused on the explosions and effects of fire more than direct kill. And you are completely correct about the hiding of shurikens in the fireball.
    Also, this jutsu can be used as a distraction too, and most times, your opponent would be forced to use a wide-scale water attack in order to deflect this jutsu and you can easily counter that now you know what they will do."
    He held up his hands, forming the Tiger handseal, creating a single clone. "Okay, this next one is rather straightforward. Send your chakra at my clone, surrounding him with it as you set him on fire."

Sure!...sounds simple indeed.
    Akane looked at the clone, the next victim of her training. She was accustomed to spitting fire chakra by now, so the whole storing in the lungs and breathing out process took a fairly short time. The blazing chakra that came out of her mouth surrounded the clone and eventually cloaked him in flames; restricting him from moving out of the fiery circle and incinerating him. Seconds later the clone poofed away, leaving Kiritsugu's silhuette pattern stamped on the ground.
    Phew haven't burned that many people in one day since... even I can't remember when. she pointed out as a macabre inside joke. She laughed to herself.

That was it?

Last edited by Sublime; 11-19-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

"Yes, this is it," Kiritsugu said, slightly wincing at his own clone's demise. "It is quite a boring jutsu. It is also quite slow so I don't necessarily recommend it."
    He shrugged, monotonously skipping to the next jutsu. "Next, proceed to start by running and then jumping into the air above my clone.
    Build up fire chakra and then much like the jutsu before this one, release a flurry of fireballs. However, this one acts more like rain. This has many uses by the way."
    With a single hand, he gestured rather figuratively at the sky.
    ( Katon: Honoo no Saigai Hi Kagayaku no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Flame of Disaster Fire Shine Technique
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short - Mid
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user releases a flame of fire chakra that converges on the opponent wrapping around them and burning them.

Sublime

"Yes, this is it," Kiritsugu said, slightly wincing at his own clone's demise. "It is quite a boring jutsu. It is also quite slow so I don't necessarily recommend it."
    He shrugged, monotonously skipping to the next jutsu. "Next, proceed to start by running and then jumping into the air above my clone.
    Build up fire chakra and then much like the jutsu before this one, release a flurry of fireballs. However, this one acts more like rain. This has many uses by the way."
    With a single hand, he gestured rather figuratively at the sky.
    Flashy time O^O ~

Got it! Akane smirked and walked some meters away from the clone. She stopped when she deemed the distance satisfactory and turned to look back to her target. With the grin of a show-off she started running towards the clone. At about three meters from him, she stomped her right foot on the ground and unleashed a push(?) of chakra with it, blasting a small hole in the sand and launching herself mid-air. Airborne, she twisted her body so as to be in semi-upside down stance. She looked at the clone that was following her course in the air and inhaled deeply. When directly above him; she breathed out with small stops, moulding chakra in her mouth and shooting it in the form of tiny spheres to her target.
    Dozens of small fiery orbs rained over the clone as she was landing about two meters away from him. A holywood-esque scene with the classic rain of fire and the protagonist landing unscathed. Someone was having fun~ Akane got up on her legs, dusted the sand off her dress mechanically and turned to see what had remained of the clone.
    A shallow crater had been carved in the sand. No sight of the clone whatsoever.
    Weird, I didn't hear him poofing away with all the blasting...
    Lovely technique I agree, but kinda noisy.

She glided towards her sensei. So what can its uses be? Apart from attacking from the sky?

OOC: How many meters above the ground is 'mid-air' ? Also if I've done anything invalid please correct me

Last edited by Sublime; 11-19-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

For the record, this jutsu doesn't blast nor cause explosions...more like setting the person on fire.
    ---
    When was there sand on the ground...Kiritsugu's eyes followed her graceful maneuver in the air as she released several fireballs in conjunction with one another onto his clone.
    One got rather near him and he jumped back quickly, barely avoiding a good scorching on his shoes.
    "Well, take into account that there are many, many fireballs, not just one. Generally speaking, this would serve as more of a distraction than anything else. Where do you think your eyes' field of vision would be taken when you use this jutsu and how do you use it to your advantage?"
    He paused for a moment, tracing Akane's steps as she had jumped in the air. "Also, what was the purpose of jumping and how does it give you advantages in a fight?"
    ---
    Depends on you, though it's hard to calculate trajectory.

Sublime

For the record, this jutsu doesn't blast nor cause explosions...more like setting the person on fire.
    ---
    When was there sand on the ground...Kiritsugu's eyes followed her graceful maneuver in the air as she released several fireballs in conjunction with one another onto his clone.
    One got rather near him and he jumped back quickly, barely avoiding a good scorching on his shoes.
    "Well, take into account that there are many, many fireballs, not just one. Generally speaking, this would serve as more of a distraction than anything else. Where do you think your eyes' field of vision would be taken when you use this jutsu and how do you use it to your advantage?"
    He paused for a moment, tracing Akane's steps as she had jumped in the air. "Also, what was the purpose of jumping and how does it give you advantages in a fight?"
    ---
    Depends on you, though it's hard to calculate trajectory.
    Okies
    ----

Well, I'm not too sure. Akane murmured, maybe it has to do with the area one can scan. The higher up you are, the further away you can see. So I guess that's how I can detect opponents from a distance...
    She paused and thought about the second question.
    Now what other purpose jumping can have... she shrugged, I can jump to avoid a move. I really can't think of anything else though...

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

"Well, technically..." Kiritsugu's voiced trailed off for a slight moment. "Knowing where your enemy is looking at at all times is extremely important, especially against Doujutsu users like the Byakugan (a single blind spot on the back of the neck) or the Sharingan (avoid their gaze or they can cast you into a Genjutsu immediately), but also because you could potentially sneak up behind regular opponents."
    He sighed, bringing a hand to his forehead as he massaged it slowly, thinking of his next words. "And when you jump, you gain a better view of the battlefield - the higher you are, the better view of an area you have...
    Though avoiding moves could be another purpose, but it depends on the situation."
    Shrugging, he dug into his cloak, taking out a picture:

"Now, take a good look at the visual," Kiritsugu instructed. "Then proceed to build up fire in your body, and release it in the form of a large dragon, assaulting the area in front of you in a destructive manner. Think of the uses for such a jutsu."

( Katon: Rakka Sanran Kasai ) - Fire Release: Falling Fire Scatter
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user whilst in mid air will release from their mouth a series of small fire shots that rain down upon the target.

Sublime

"Well, technically..." Kiritsugu's voiced trailed off for a slight moment. "Knowing where your enemy is looking at at all times is extremely important, especially against Doujutsu users like the Byakugan (a single blind spot on the back of the neck) or the Sharingan (avoid their gaze or they can cast you into a Genjutsu immediately), but also because you could potentially sneak up behind regular opponents."
    He sighed, bringing a hand to his forehead as he massaged it slowly, thinking of his next words. "And when you jump, you gain a better view of the battlefield - the higher you are, the better view of an area you have...
    Though avoiding moves could be another purpose, but it depends on the situation."
    Shrugging, he dug into his cloak, taking out a picture:

"Now, take a good look at the visual," Kiritsugu instructed. "Then proceed to build up fire in your body, and release it in the form of a large dragon, assaulting the area in front of you in a destructive manner. Think of the uses for such a jutsu."
    Akane took the picture Kiritsugu handed her and examined it. The fire the old man was spewing had the form of a dragon. It looked like a very powerful move, it would need more chakra to perform than moves she had already learnt.
    Looks like a strong technique, kinda hard. I'll give it a try actually and she how it goes...
    She took a step away from Kiritsugu and turned the other way. She inhaled deeply, builiding up and concentrating as much chakra as she could in her lungs. After she had stored a great supply of chakra in her chest, she breathed out forcefully, trying to divide the flames orizontally in the middle, as if they were the mouth of a beast.
    The flares that emerged from her mouth were surely larger and brighter than her previous performances, But where they dragon shaped? ,she wondered.
    Whatever the case, she was not one to judge. She turned to Kiritsugu, who for some reason looked extremely bored, and asked him for his opinion.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Kiritsugu shrugged - he seemed to be doing that a lot these days. Silent, he motioned for Akane to step a few meters back as he mimicked the jutsu Akane just did earlier, right in front of her, but far enough so she would not be hurt by the flames.
    "You were standing before me," he stated. "What did you see and feel?"

Sublime

Kiritsugu shrugged - he seemed to be doing that a lot these days. Silent, he motioned for Akane to step a few meters back as he mimicked the jutsu Akane just did earlier, right in front of her, but far enough so she would not be hurt by the flames.
    "You were standing before me," he stated. "What did you see and feel?"
    Akane shrugged at Kiritsugu's shrugging. Two can play this game >.>
    She noticed his notion so she walked a few meters away from him.
    Kiritsugu seemed to take a deep breath, then he immediately breathed out. A tremendous fire came out his mouth, a majestic bright dragon, all flames. Such a fascinating jutsu.
    Akane was stunned as she observed the dragon 'flying' a few meters away from her sensei, then disolving into black smoke.
    She heard Kiritsugu's voice. He was still kinda far away so she walked closer to listen to the old smokers words.What did you see and feel? he asked.
    She was still awed while replying but as she was proud, she didn't reveal her amazement. She took a rather indifferent look and started talking. I saw dragon shaped flames, she said, the flames were divided in the middle as if the beast's mouth was opening in three. They would attack the target from both left and right as well as from above, so he would have to defend from all three sides, or evade them some way. From the ground maybe?
    She paused for a second and looked at the burned sand around the spot where the dragon had crashed not a minute ago.
    It felt like a really strong jutsu...and kinda scary too. I would be terrified if I was the target. she shivered, not in fear but mostly in cold.
    It was night, the sand had gotten cold, the stars were dancing above their heads for a while now. They had been training all day. She took a jacket out of her bag and put it on, threw a chunk of wood in the campfire and sat down next to it.
    It is getting late sensei, wanna take a break?

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Normally, Kiritsugu would have vouched for such a break, but he was quite busy that day, and didn't feel that the break would benefit him in any manner.
    However, he sat down by the campfire, igniting it, while continuing to discuss the jutsu with his student. He was definitely not satisfied with her reply.
    "So, as you obviously know, this battle reaches a wide and far range, but you forgot to take two important things into account." He drew out a piece of paper, writing two big words on it.
    "Field of vision," he said, scrawling out the first word. "And intensity of fire. How did these two come into play during use of this jutsu?"

Sublime

Normally, Kiritsugu would have vouched for such a break, but he was quite busy that day, and didn't feel that the break would benefit him in any manner.
    However, he sat down by the campfire, igniting it, while continuing to discuss the jutsu with his student. He was definitely not satisfied with her reply.
    "So, as you obviously know, this battle reaches a wide and far range, but you forgot to take two important things into account." He drew out a piece of paper, writing two big words on it.
    "Field of vision," he said, scrawling out the first word. "And intensity of fire. How did these two come into play during use of this jutsu?"
    Oh man, Akane wispered to herself. It was quite obvious Kiritsugu wasn't impressed one bit by her reply, she didn't know much about techniques after all.
    To give a possibly better answer to his question, she made a new attempt following his hints.
    Well...about the field of vision, we can both agree that the target's vision to three directions, his left,right and front, will be blocked by the fire, leaving him exposed to possible following attacks. With hopes she got half the answer right she continued, Also supposing he doesn't have byakugan activated he wont be able to see behind him, hence this jutsu can be used in combination with attacks from behind the target or the sky to trap him. I guess I might be getting off topic here. Just saying what comes to my mind.
    She shrugged; disappointed at herself.
    Now about the intensity, does it have to do with the heat produced by the flames?
    I really can't think of much. Maybe the target will get burns even without getting touched by the fire, or maybe the air around the fire will be kinda blurry from the heat.
    , she puffed, I really am clueless...sorry.
    Mentally she noted the need for research, she let her head slide on her shoulders and stared blankly at the stars.

OOC: I really don't get what I'm missing here >.>
    I mean it is either something very obvious and I'm stupid or I'm too much of a noob... -.-

Last edited by Sublime; 11-25-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

OCC: I'm a sensei, I teach you stuff that's missing, no worries. >.> And you're not a noob, dear lord, you should see some people I teach.
    ----
    "Well, the intensity basically inflicts psychological pressure and also fear, to an extent," Kiritsugu explained. "You can use this jutsu to hide behind it while cooking up another jutsu."
    He formed the Tiger handseal once more, creating yet another clone as he gestured a hand towards it. "Now," Kiritsugu instructed. "Proceed to charge fire chakra into your hands, and then releasing them in the form of balls. Aim them, and then hit my clone, causing them to explode when it does so."
    ( Katon: Karyū Endan ) - Fire Release: Fire Dragon Flame Bullet
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short/Mid
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage Points: 40
    Description: The user first performs seven handseals Ram → Horse → Snake → Dragon → Rat → Ox → Tiger and kneads chakra into flames, which are then manipulated into a genuine-looking dragon. The flames are divided to launch a left side, right side, and frontal assault in all three directions at once, turning the enemy into ash in a matter of seconds.

Sublime

OCC: I'm a sensei, I teach you stuff that's missing, no worries. >.> And you're not a noob, dear lord, you should see some people I teach.
    ----
    "Well, the intensity basically inflicts psychological pressure and also fear, to an extent," Kiritsugu explained. "You can use this jutsu to hide behind it while cooking up another jutsu."
    He formed the Tiger handseal once more, creating yet another clone as he gestured a hand towards it. "Now," Kiritsugu instructed. "Proceed to charge fire chakra into your hands, and then releasing them in the form of balls. Aim them, and then hit my clone, causing them to explode when it does so."
    Aaaaand after all those days of slacking off...A REPLY FROM LE LAZY STUDENT! :3
    Believe it....!

"I see, I see.", Akane mumbled behind her teeth.

Following Kiritsugu's command she raised her left hand in front of her, palm facing the clone, and gathered as much chakra as she could in it. She aimed at the clone's forehead, released the chakra from her hand's pores, moulding it to resemble a dozen small orbs and she ignited it. The chakra shots were sent flying towards the clone. When they came in contact with the target they exploded, cracking the clone's scull and forcing him to disolve into the usual cloud.
    "Neat~" she exclaimed.
    A few seconds passed in silence. Akane looked like she had something in her mind, something that troubled her.
    "Sensei, I've been wondering...
    From my other trainings, I've learned that in jutsus that create multiple projectiles; the amount of ,lets say shots, affects the blasting power of each shot. Meaning not each bullet will be B-Rank but they are B-Rank only as a mass. How does that work with this jutsu? Can I only create one and not multiple shots to make the bullet stronger?
    I'm a bit confused..."

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

"Well," Kiritsugu responded equally. "Each of the bullets itself is a B-Rank jutsu, I believe, since they explode as of their own accord. I suppose it is logical to release a certain amount of bullets and not overload it."
    He paused for a moment, his eyes lingering over the area where his clone was earlier. "Now, think for a moment upon the explosions. Not only of the damage...but have you considered of how to use it in a way so that it affects all five senses?"

Sublime

"Well," Kiritsugu responded equally. "Each of the bullets itself is a B-Rank jutsu, I believe, since they explode as of their own accord. I suppose it is logical to release a certain amount of bullets and not overload it."
    He paused for a moment, his eyes lingering over the area where his clone was earlier. "Now, think for a moment upon the explosions. Not only of the damage...but have you considered of how to use it in a way so that it affects all five senses?"
    Still a bit confused, Akane nodded. "Aha, I see" , she said and waited for Kiritsugu to raise his next question.
    "ALL FIVE?!", she almost yelled after she heard what he asked. "I mean, okay, I can see how it can obstruct hearing,smelling and sight but touch and taste too? I got no idea about that." She grimaced. "Well anyway, I'll explain the ones I can see happening and MrDespair can add to the answer with the other two". A large teasing smile appeared on her face and she started replying.
    "The fireballs can obstruct the hearing as they explode with a bang when they touch the target. The explosion also creates smoke and gives out a distinctive smell of burnt that can camouflage other scents from the opponent. And last but not least the opponent's vision will be blocked not only via the smoke but also as the sudden burst of flames that can dazzle him for a few seconds, making him temporarily loose his eyesight."
    Still smiling she looked at her sensei and added, "And thats all I can think of at the moment..." :]

Status
    Oct 2009
    I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Still a bit confused, Akane nodded. "Aha, I see" , she said and waited for Kiritsugu to raise his next question.
    "ALL FIVE?!", she almost yelled after she heard what he asked. "I mean, okay, I can see how it can obstruct hearing,smelling and sight but touch and taste too? I got no idea about that." She grimaced. "Well anyway, I'll explain the ones I can see happening and MrDespair can add to the answer with the other two". A large teasing smile appeared on her face and she started replying.
    "The fireballs can obstruct the hearing as they explode with a bang when they touch the target. The explosion also creates smoke and gives out a distinctive smell of burnt that can camouflage other scents from the opponent. And last but not least the opponent's vision will be blocked not only via the smoke but also as the sudden burst of flames that can dazzle him for a few seconds, making him temporarily loose his eyesight."
    Still smiling she looked at her sensei and added, "And thats all I can think of at the moment..." :]
    :sy:
    "Close, close," Kiritsugu responded equally. "But one more important thing! What might be the importance of sound during battles?"

Sublime

:sy:
    "Close, close," Kiritsugu responded equally. "But one more important thing! What might be the importance of sound during battles?"

"Well, first of all, one can predict a move by hearing the sound it makes approaching. The louder and cleaner a sound is, the closer the attack will be. Sound isn't only important for determining the distance between the user and the target, but in certain techniques it might also give the ability to figure out the type of attack or its elemental nature, supposing it in an elemental attack, by the accompanying sound effects. So even if the vision is blocked at the time, hearing can substitute for it and enable countering of noisy attacks, as efficiently as if one was able to see them coming with his eyes.
    Also, while being the attacker, an ability that makes a lot of noise can be used to camouflage the sound of a follow up attack that is less noisy and allow it to catch the opponent by surprise."

Last edited by Sublime; 12-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.