• 2*

3 11.11%
  • 1*

5 18.52%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 288 "Danger: Jinpachi and Kushimaru!" – Discussion

Weakest swordsman episode so far.
    The episode with Jinin didn't make much about the swordsman, but had a great moment working on Sai's character. The episode with Pakura was even better, creating a satisfying backstory for one of the edos and giving some depth on Maki's character.
    That one unfortunately didn't hit the same spot for some reasons.

1 - Jinpachi and Kushimaru are too inexpressive to be interesting. All of the swordsman so far were presented as just standard blood knights that like killing people for no other reason than their own amusement, so don't expect much depth coming from their characters. They had the same problem with Jinin a few weeks ago, he was just slashing people for fun as well, but unlike today's broadcasting his episode focused more on Sai's character and by taking the spotlight from Jinin they managed to finish the episode on a good note. I'm starting to wonder if all the swordsman are going to end up as just generic blood knights or if they intend to make their personalities more interesting like they've done to Pakura.
    2 - The B-plot flashback wasn't one the same level as the others. While the first one actually worked on Sai's character arc and the second gave some insight on Pakura, this one was nothing more than just a moral of the story about teamwork. Nothing against some teamwork, but it is so overdone in Naruto it is not interesting anymore. By the way, it is so obvious they were trying to evoke Rin's character through Ran her very presence became a little ridiculous. In my opinion they didn't need to come to the point of naming her Ran, that's what killed it for me. It is obvious enough she is there to evoke Rin, you don't need to hang a sign aroung her neck that says "I'm a copypaste character". We're not stupid!
    3 - The voice acting. I don't remember Kakashi's voice being so high-pitched even as a child and I don't have any idea on why they decided to do that. I couldn't help but think about chipmunks every time his younger self spoke.

But despite all of the bad points I'll give them some credit for remembering the namesake of Kakashi's technique and making a scene where he actually cuts a lightning bolt. That was the high point of the episode, but not enough to save it for me.

Last edited by Shadow Abyss; 11-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Geijutsu wa Bakuhatsu da!

That filler was shocking I mean there are some good fillers but this was not one of them, why can't they just go back to the manga episodes already? And is it just me or does Kakashi usually call the Chidori - Raikiri? Anway hope that nexts weeks anime is better than this one...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.

i have not seen the episode yet , but by the look of it is shit , thank god i have other new anime episodes , than this piece of crap , i think im gonna stop with naruto anime until 2013 , this filler are shit , the staff behind this should get fired for putting out this crap :ice:

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I don't understand why kakashi couldn't see and why they compared ran to rin they are probly related but we never seen ran before

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

Eh, filler. . . . . . . . .

+ The animation was kind of better than the last one. . . . . . . . . :shrug:
    + Kakashi's clothes (in the flashback).
    + Kushimaru's Longsword Ninja Art: Stitching Spider technique was cool.
    - Ran. . . . . . . . . really. . . . . . . . .
    - In the flashback the Timeline is kind of screwed. :y
    - Kushimaru crucified only Leaf Ninjas. . . . . . . . . all of them. . . . . . . . . every time on these fillers when there has to be some Ninjas in the background or for any use they are from the Leaf. . . . . . . . . I know the Leaf has the most population but, come on!

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by labiancareality View Post
    i have not seen the episode yet , but by the look of it is shit , thank god i have other new anime episodes , than this piece of crap , i think im gonna stop with naruto anime until 2013 , this filler are shit , the staff behind this should get fired for putting out this crap :ice:
    Might join you man I might just open these threads and leave it at that, I don't want these shit fillers to burn my eyes and screw up my head with there bullshit

I feel so sorry for the anime only viewers they must be so confused with all the screw ups the fillers make, they must think I like Naruto but the time line ever makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post
    Eh, filler. . . . . . . . .

+ The animation was kind of better than the last one. . . . . . . . . :shrug:
    + Kakashi's clothes (in the flashback).
    + Kushimaru's Longsword Ninja Art: Stitching Spider technique was cool.
    - Ran. . . . . . . . . really. . . . . . . . .
    - In the flashback the Timeline is kind of screwed. :y
    - Kushimaru crucified only Leaf Ninjas. . . . . . . . . all of them. . . . . . . . . every time on these fillers when there has to be some Ninjas in the background or for any use they are from the Leaf. . . . . . . . . I know the Leaf has the most population but, come on!

Nice review, that stitching spider technique would be deadly if it was used and successful on someone who is alive. I have no idea why guy was caught in that for like 20 seconds, it made him look so lame.

------------------

From the poll I can see there are mixed reviews about this episode

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    I believe that they obviously went on missions but when did they change clothes?? When kakashi killed rin theuy were wearing the same clothing and kakashi had the same scars and tears in his clothing when obito died.

So basically the animators are telling me after obito died rin and kakashi changed clothes and then changed back into their clothes that they were wearing at obito's death? It just ****s things up when you compare it to kishi's story.

Also why did kakashi sound 5? Read my long post I mention other things, the fighting was shit as well these are ninja's weres the jutsu's
    dude its possable to change colths they just choose not to wear jonin jackets during that said mission, just like choji ino and neji choose not to wear there's untill teh war arc, the only problem i saw was teh 3 t sharingan but animators did teh same thing with sauske, otehr then that this is an ok filler i would have liked to see real battle but still. give it a 3 due to alck of battle and the 3t sharaingan not to mention the voice

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Buds17 View Post
    I don't understand why kakashi couldn't see and why they compared ran to rin they are probly related but we never seen ran before
    the dust got in his eyes or soemthing >_>

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

Nice review, that stitching spider technique would be deadly if it was used and successful on someone who is alive. I have no idea why guy was caught in that for like 20 seconds, it made him look so lame.
    Yeah, that did look lame. :y

Couldn't the animators just made him jump it or something but, no. . . . . . . . . he tried to stop it with his Kunai. :sy:

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post
    Yeah, that did look lame. :y

Couldn't the animators just made him jump it or something but, no. . . . . . . . . he tried to stop it with his Kunai. :sy:
    trying to cut it i guess, plus reserving chakra

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

5/5 on the filler scale
    The animation was kind of weird but the fights looked pretty decent. The flashback killed it though; the voice acting, the clothes, and the fact that it was just pointless. And it took up 5mins of the episode when it was just getting good. But we are having fillers either way, so might as well enjoy ones that actually have to do with the story.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    trying to cut it i guess, plus reserving chakra
    In a situation were you feet can become decapitated, instead of completely avoiding the danger you stand there trying to cut it. Logically that didn't even make sense because what about the wire that's coming from behind it should of done some damage. We know guy isn't the brightest but the animators over exaggerate and make him say and do stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by razinzell View Post
    5/5 on the filler scale
    The animation was kind of weird but the fights looked pretty decent. The flashback killed it though; the voice acting, the clothes, and the fact that it was just pointless. And it took up 5mins of the episode when it was just getting good. But we are having fillers either way, so might as well enjoy ones that actually have to do with the story.
    You only complained are you sure you didn't mean 2 or 3/5?

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

5/5 for a filler. Seriously no need to be so hard on fillers. When they suck I'm the first one to say it, like last week's Tsunade/Raikage bullshit episode. But this one was great. Cold Blooded Combo vs Comrades Combo!!! Cool to see a high level fight like that of top tier ninjas of the Ninja world. Oh and if that string swordsmen guy wasn't nerfed, that stitching spider jutsu would be ridiculous. With his unlimited chakra he can just keep spamming that and he'd be untouchable and would solo a large portion of the allied shinobi forces at once.

Last edited by GiantShuriken; 11-09-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Status
    This user has no status.

The only cool thing in this episode was the flashback showing Kakashi's raikiri cut lightning. At least we can sort of get a sense of where it gets its reputation from.

Status
    Jul 2009
    ByakuMaster

I'm really disappointed the fact that studio animator made a really poor job on making a filler episode which I was totally looking forward to this. The animation and voice actor is too shitty , and wtf happened to kakashi eyes?? Wheres gai innergate?? Netherless, I love the content of this episode, atleast we can get to see more characters development.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I'll post this here. My Youtube review of Episode 288

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by TurrinB View Post
    I'll post this here. My Youtube review of Episode 288

Make a thread or if its to late forget it, your reviews are good. I'll watch this soon

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

You only complained are you sure you didn't mean 2 or 3/5?
    5/5 on the filler scale, meaning its on of the best fillers I've seen. 2/5 on canon scale or maybe even 1/5

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by razinzell View Post
    5/5 on the filler scale, meaning its on of the best fillers I've seen. 2/5 on canon scale or maybe even 1/5
    Oh wow even for filler I think 5/5 is really high for this episode, I'm going to rewatch it to many things were pissing me off last time I watched it so I skipped most bits

----------

Nope I tried but I just couldn't, it doesn't feel like naruto at all to me and the fighting was still lame
    I wished kishi covered it but I guess it would take to long

Last edited by The Hidden Shinobi; 11-10-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Status
    Jul 2009
    ByakuMaster

Ehh, you guys should atleast give them a credit for a highly requested filler fights for squad kakashi vs 7 blood mist ninjas. Not saying this episode are good due to the fact that the animation and voice actor are shitty, but we get the content of the plot, because in manga, they skipped alot of fights with few characters developemnts. Still I don't really finad a big deal about young kakashi, gai and rin flashback, to me the plot makes sense anyways.

The Immortal God
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Why is the Akatsuki getting
    Fooderized -.-

Quote Originally Posted by edo tensai wilmaso View Post
    just warning everyone there gonna be fillers tll the end of the year they getting back to the manga in jan 2013
    AAWW HHEEELLLLLL NNNAAAWWW. how do you know though?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by narutoshippudenworld View Post
    Ehh, you guys should atleast give them a credit for a highly requested filler fights for squad kakashi vs 7 blood mist ninjas. Not saying this episode are good due to the fact that the animation and voice actor are shitty, but we get the content of the plot, because in manga, they skipped alot of fights with few characters developemnts. Still I don't really finad a big deal about young kakashi, gai and rin flashback, to me the plot makes sense anyways.
    To be honest if their going to produce shit like that they shouldn't even bother. Their just ruining things, I will list why:

Animation was wack
    Voice acting was wack
    Made kakashi look like a fodder, with getting dirt in his eye or whatever lol
    Made guy look like a fodder being caught in a trap for so long
    Made it look like the swordsmen only have 1 or 2 techs (that is kishi's fault for not revealing more about them the animators can only work with what they got)
    They fighting was soooooooo shit no tactics or barely any jutsu just swing,clash swing clash. I felt like I was watching weak samurais. These are meant to be shinobi, we need jutsu's and tactics.

Oh and what made it worse was adding plot holes, rin died shortly after obito died and they never changed clothes. So now when the anime do a flashback of obito it's going to be them wearing the same clothes when obito died so when the hell did they go on that mission with guy??

Kakashi had obito's sharingan so we know it was after obito died. Yet they had brand new head band and clothing?

Last edited by The Hidden Shinobi; 11-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12