Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    May 2011
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Re: Kishimoto I hear what you're drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by noted View Post
    I almost expected a .gif image of some crass jerk saying, "Deal With It."
    I wouldn't troll you like that.

Anyway, think it over. You can try to explain different items individually or there may be one explanation for all of it. I know that raises other questions but I believe those are the right questions to be asking. Have fun.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

I say you're overthinking.

Also this is a too complex scenario for an average naruto reader.

Also it would be lame.

Status
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    I say you're overthinking.

Also this is a too complex scenario for an average naruto reader.

Also it would be lame.
    Too complex for the average naruto reader? Ouch. Mitt is that you? Still upset about that pesky 47%? That's just kind of an arrogant assumption.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    If a woodchuck chucks
    approximately its own cubic
    weight in wood it could
    hypothetically chuck around 35
    pounds of hard lumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Too complex for the average naruto reader? Ouch. Mitt is that you? Still upset about that pesky 47%? That's just kind of an arrogant assumption.
    You're really reaching.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh

Into politics, is that necessary? I agree with him though, aren't most Naruto readers younger? Can you provide examples from the original, assuming he would be doing it from the start of the series and not just on Shippuden? Maybe there is a event where this "temporal loop" actually begins?

I said in another one of your thread that I like the theory, there is nothing to say it's not possible but for Kishi to throw a huge twist in like this in at what seems like the climax would leave just more explaining to do. Plus, it would change the whole concept of the manga from a simple story about a determined ninja reaching his goals through shear will, to ninja inception/matrix.

Status
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    You're really reaching.
    Perhaps, but folks said the same thing when I and some others predicted Orochimaru's return during the Itachi Kabuto storyline.

Status
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by B00m View Post
    Into politics, is that necessary? I agree with him though, aren't most Naruto readers younger? Can you provide examples from the original, assuming he would be doing it from the start of the series and not just on Shippuden? Maybe there is a event where this "temporal loop" actually begins?

I said in another one of your thread that I like the theory, there is nothing to say it's not possible but for Kishi to throw a huge twist in like this in at what seems like the climax would leave just more explaining to do. Plus, it would change the whole concept of the manga from a simple story about a determined ninja reaching his goals through shear will, to ninja inception/matrix.
    Like most writers Kishimoto would realize that his fanbase would age and demand more complexity from him as they do. Consider the Harry Potter series.

As a matter of fact there is evidence early on and it is related to character's memory throughout. Also since it's a loop the beginning could be the end. As for Matrix comparisons think about Madara's training of Obito through his Genjutsu and the Matrix's construct. This doesn't bother me though as the Matrix borrows heavily from Asian philosophy. It's only right that they reclaim it.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Like most writers Kishimoto would realize that his fanbase would age and demand more complexity from him as they do. Consider the Harry Potter series.

As a matter of fact there is evidence early on and it is related to character's memory throughout. Also since it's a loop the beginning could be the end. As for Matrix comparisons think about Madara's training of Obito through his Genjutsu and the Matrix's construct. This doesn't bother me though as the Matrix borrows heavily from Asian philosophy. It's only right that they reclaim it.
    Again, I like it. It offers a complexity I think would put Naruto, as a story, in that special class of stories that really make one think. But again, why would this be happening? What would be the point of writing the story in this fashion?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh

I guess I can't argue with that, very logical.

I guess I never though of that, he can choose where and how it ends. Reminds me of Izanami, you're in a unrecognizable loop and once kishi decides what it all means you will become free of it and it will end. Not exactly sure what you mean by Madara's Genjutsu, and calling it a Matrix. You referring to the space Madara created and how he could do as he pleases?

I keep on forgetting that with your theory the order of events can be any which way as there is no starting point, that is if I understand it correctly. That Kishi makes them seem chronological, but with the array of flashbacks and events you don't know what is the present and what are the flashbacks or possibly even Genjutsu.

Status
    May 2011

Correct. (I see what you did there) Although I think Genjutsu and "Reality" will merge like Yin and Yang.

In the movie The Matrix they had built an area called The Construct where they could perform all of their training and run battle simulations or obtain weaponry for the real Matrix. This was very similar to what Madara did with Obito in his Genjutsu. Not particularly pertinent to the topic but just pointing out those similarities already exist.

To elaborate on the memory issues. Several folks seem to struggle with memory. Items they should have never forgotten suddenly realized (Oh yeah, I'm Naruto's Godfather. In fact, I named him). This may be residual memory of previous cycles. This mirrors closely with residual memories from past lives in buddhist or hindu traditions.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

lol I appreciate the fact that you try to think outside of the box but as I said this is a too complex twist for the average naruto manga viewers. There's also no hint whatsoever that Kishi is willing to do something this drastic. It would change the dynamics of this show. Not to mention this show would end up like the tv series Lost. Everyone thought it was an awesome show but the ending left most people puzzled of what just really happend and it also left a bad taste into everyone's mouths and that's all that matters in the end.

Kishi is a tradiotional and might I say an old school guy when it comes to storytelling. Something like a infite loops + alternative realities thingy is not just like him at all. I say overthinking and reaching, again.

So this, what you're suggesting, is just gay.

Last edited by Hawker; 11-09-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Status
    May 2011

lol I appreciate the fact that you try to think outside of the box but as I said this is a too complex twist for the average naruto manga viewers. There's also no hint whatsoever that Kishi is willing to do something this drastic. It would change the dynamics of this show. Not to mention this show would end up like the tv series Lost. Everyone thought it was an awesome show but the ending left most people puzzled of what just really happend and it also left a bad taste into everyone's mouths and that's all that matters in the end.

Kishi is a tradiotional and might I say an old school guy when it comes to storytelling. Something like a infite loops + alternative realities thingy is not just like him at all. I say overthinking and reaching, again.

So this, what you're suggesting, is just gay.
    Allright so noted, but don't you think people are already thinking wtf? As for temporal loops and alternate realities not being Kishimoto's style, well who knows? Btw, care to share your thoughts on the "Road to Ninja"?

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

Btw, care to share your thoughts on the "Road to Ninja"?
    What? Care to elaborate

Status
    May 2011

What? Care to elaborate
    Let's just say you may want to check that sticky thread above. It details Kishimoto's direct involvement with the movie storyline and characters, dealing with an alternate Narutoverse reality. He even released a special manga for it. Point being it is his style.

Sage Art: K.U.S.H. Katon MilwaukeegHost's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by B00m View Post

UH... your picking the wrong points here to argue. Kishi has used "looping" a few times in this manga, regardless of how "young" the readers are. Remember something called IZANAGI?!?

So its a possibility, but not probable.

To the thread creator, you could honestly be completely wrong though. I just wrote a thread about how Gai sensei just mastered 7 Gates in the middle of this battle. He was able to perform Hindura without opening 7 gates and being held down by Mokuton, beaten half to death. That shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. Kakashi also teleported HIMSELF, which he has never done (although Tobi did it all the time). This also shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. It could very well be simple--Kakashi is pushing himself past limits he couldnt previously do.

Or maybe Kishi is doing all the foolishness you spoke about. LMAO

OHHHHHHHHHHH & LMAO @ "Ninja Inception". Just caught that LOL

Status
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeegHost View Post
    UH... your picking the wrong points here to argue. Kishi has used "looping" a few times in this manga, regardless of how "young" the readers are. Remember something called IZANAGI?!?

So its a possibility, but not probable.

To the thread creator, you could honestly be completely wrong though. I just wrote a thread about how Gai sensei just mastered 7 Gates in the middle of this battle. He was able to perform Hindura without opening 7 gates and being held down by Mokuton, beaten half to death. That shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. Kakashi also teleported HIMSELF, which he has never done (although Tobi did it all the time). This also shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. It could very well be simple--Kakashi is pushing himself past limits he couldnt previously do.

Or maybe Kishi is doing all the foolishness you spoke about. LMAO

OHHHHHHHHHHH & LMAO @ "Ninja Inception". Just caught that LOL
    Very true, it's theory only. In regards to Kakashi pushing his limits and the overuse of Kamui, this is less of an issue for me than the sudden dissapearance of the blood from his eye. In that last several issues there has been something amiss in every chapter, even the flashbacks. In looking at one of the panels in 607 we see the Kyuubi summoned to the Leaf village. The panel looks identical to the one from way back in 501 or 502 (forget which), except it isn't. Kishimoto actually changed the number of windows and removed what looked to be a spire from the picture. The question is why? He had already drawn it before, so there was no need to change it and changing it served no value to the storyline. Unless it actually did, and this is my best guess as to what is going on. It would explain many of the inconsistencies.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Very true, it's theory only. In regards to Kakashi pushing his limits and the overuse of Kamui, this is less of an issue for me than the sudden dissapearance of the blood from his eye. In that last several issues there has been something amiss in every chapter, even the flashbacks. In looking at one of the panels in 607 we see the Kyuubi summoned to the Leaf village. The panel looks identical to the one from way back in 501 or 502 (forget which), except it isn't. Kishimoto actually changed the number of windows and removed what looked to be a spire from the picture. The question is why? He had already drawn it before, so there was no need to change it and changing it served no value to the storyline. Unless it actually did, and this is my best guess as to what is going on. It would explain many of the inconsistencies.

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/608/8

So......... (for example)........... are you trying to say that Kishi also purposely removed the Sharingan from Kakashi's eye in the Manga above? In what alternate universe is Kakashi now able to deactivate his Sharingan?!? Even last time, when he expired all his chakra to the point of death, he still had the MS in his eye, it never deactivated even when his chakra level was almost at Zero. Now he is standing and talking and using Jutsu with NO SHARINGAN in this eye?!? This is obviously a mistake by Kishi, I highly doubt he has some cockamaime story to link ALL of these plot inconsistencies. Think about it.

Status
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeegHost View Post
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/608/8

So......... (for example)........... are you trying to say that Kishi also purposely removed the Sharingan from Kakashi's eye in the Manga above? In what alternate universe is Kakashi now able to deactivate his Sharingan?!? Even last time, when he expired all his chakra to the point of death, he still had the MS in his eye, it never deactivated even when his chakra level was almost at Zero. Now he is standing and talking and using Jutsu with NO SHARINGAN in this eye?!? This is obviously a mistake by Kishi, I highly doubt he has some cockamaime story to link ALL of these plot inconsistencies. Think about it.
    lol, actually I think that is just bad scanning. I've seen other scans that allow you to see that he stilll has Sharingan active.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

lol, actually I think that is just bad scanning. I've seen other scans that allow you to see that he stilll has Sharingan active.

**** it. Show me a link that has this manga page with Kakashi WITH a sharingan in his eye and I'll agree with your theory!

Status
    Jul 2011
    ok lol

Kishimoto is going to Tsukuyomi everyone