Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Re: Kishimoto I hear what you're drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    You're really reaching.
    Perhaps, but folks said the same thing when I and some others predicted Orochimaru's return during the Itachi Kabuto storyline.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B00m View Post
    Into politics, is that necessary? I agree with him though, aren't most Naruto readers younger? Can you provide examples from the original, assuming he would be doing it from the start of the series and not just on Shippuden? Maybe there is a event where this "temporal loop" actually begins?

I said in another one of your thread that I like the theory, there is nothing to say it's not possible but for Kishi to throw a huge twist in like this in at what seems like the climax would leave just more explaining to do. Plus, it would change the whole concept of the manga from a simple story about a determined ninja reaching his goals through shear will, to ninja inception/matrix.
    Like most writers Kishimoto would realize that his fanbase would age and demand more complexity from him as they do. Consider the Harry Potter series.

As a matter of fact there is evidence early on and it is related to character's memory throughout. Also since it's a loop the beginning could be the end. As for Matrix comparisons think about Madara's training of Obito through his Genjutsu and the Matrix's construct. This doesn't bother me though as the Matrix borrows heavily from Asian philosophy. It's only right that they reclaim it.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Like most writers Kishimoto would realize that his fanbase would age and demand more complexity from him as they do. Consider the Harry Potter series.

As a matter of fact there is evidence early on and it is related to character's memory throughout. Also since it's a loop the beginning could be the end. As for Matrix comparisons think about Madara's training of Obito through his Genjutsu and the Matrix's construct. This doesn't bother me though as the Matrix borrows heavily from Asian philosophy. It's only right that they reclaim it.
    Again, I like it. It offers a complexity I think would put Naruto, as a story, in that special class of stories that really make one think. But again, why would this be happening? What would be the point of writing the story in this fashion?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Noe 1 cahn beet Narootoh

I guess I can't argue with that, very logical.

I guess I never though of that, he can choose where and how it ends. Reminds me of Izanami, you're in a unrecognizable loop and once kishi decides what it all means you will become free of it and it will end. Not exactly sure what you mean by Madara's Genjutsu, and calling it a Matrix. You referring to the space Madara created and how he could do as he pleases?

I keep on forgetting that with your theory the order of events can be any which way as there is no starting point, that is if I understand it correctly. That Kishi makes them seem chronological, but with the array of flashbacks and events you don't know what is the present and what are the flashbacks or possibly even Genjutsu.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct. (I see what you did there) Although I think Genjutsu and "Reality" will merge like Yin and Yang.

In the movie The Matrix they had built an area called The Construct where they could perform all of their training and run battle simulations or obtain weaponry for the real Matrix. This was very similar to what Madara did with Obito in his Genjutsu. Not particularly pertinent to the topic but just pointing out those similarities already exist.

To elaborate on the memory issues. Several folks seem to struggle with memory. Items they should have never forgotten suddenly realized (Oh yeah, I'm Naruto's Godfather. In fact, I named him). This may be residual memory of previous cycles. This mirrors closely with residual memories from past lives in buddhist or hindu traditions.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol I appreciate the fact that you try to think outside of the box but as I said this is a too complex twist for the average naruto manga viewers. There's also no hint whatsoever that Kishi is willing to do something this drastic. It would change the dynamics of this show. Not to mention this show would end up like the tv series Lost. Everyone thought it was an awesome show but the ending left most people puzzled of what just really happend and it also left a bad taste into everyone's mouths and that's all that matters in the end.

Kishi is a tradiotional and might I say an old school guy when it comes to storytelling. Something like a infite loops + alternative realities thingy is not just like him at all. I say overthinking and reaching, again.

So this, what you're suggesting, is just gay.

Last edited by Hawker; 11-09-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    lol I appreciate the fact that you try to think outside of the box but as I said this is a too complex twist for the average naruto manga viewers. There's also no hint whatsoever that Kishi is willing to do something this drastic. It would change the dynamics of this show. Not to mention this show would end up like the tv series Lost. Everyone thought it was an awesome show but the ending left most people puzzled of what just really happend and it also left a bad taste into everyone's mouths and that's all that matters in the end.

Kishi is a tradiotional and might I say an old school guy when it comes to storytelling. Something like a infite loops + alternative realities thingy is not just like him at all. I say overthinking and reaching, again.

Allright so noted, but don't you think people are already thinking wtf? As for temporal loops and alternate realities not being Kishimoto's style, well who knows? Btw, care to share your thoughts on the "Road to Ninja"?

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Btw, care to share your thoughts on the "Road to Ninja"?
    What? Care to elaborate

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

What? Care to elaborate
    Let's just say you may want to check that sticky thread above. It details Kishimoto's direct involvement with the movie storyline and characters, dealing with an alternate Narutoverse reality. He even released a special manga for it. Point being it is his style.

Sage Art: K.U.S.H. Katon MilwaukeegHost's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by B00m View Post
    Into politics, is that necessary? I agree with him though, aren't most Naruto readers younger? Can you provide examples from the original, assuming he would be doing it from the start of the series and not just on Shippuden? Maybe there is a event where this "temporal loop" actually begins?

I said in another one of your thread that I like the theory, there is nothing to say it's not possible but for Kishi to throw a huge twist in like this in at what seems like the climax would leave just more explaining to do. Plus, it would change the whole concept of the manga from a simple story about a determined ninja reaching his goals through shear will, to ninja inception/matrix.

UH... your picking the wrong points here to argue. Kishi has used "looping" a few times in this manga, regardless of how "young" the readers are. Remember something called IZANAGI?!?

So its a possibility, but not probable.

To the thread creator, you could honestly be completely wrong though. I just wrote a thread about how Gai sensei just mastered 7 Gates in the middle of this battle. He was able to perform Hindura without opening 7 gates and being held down by Mokuton, beaten half to death. That shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. Kakashi also teleported HIMSELF, which he has never done (although Tobi did it all the time). This also shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. It could very well be simple--Kakashi is pushing himself past limits he couldnt previously do.

Or maybe Kishi is doing all the foolishness you spoke about. LMAO

OHHHHHHHHHHH & LMAO @ "Ninja Inception". Just caught that LOL

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeegHost View Post
    UH... your picking the wrong points here to argue. Kishi has used "looping" a few times in this manga, regardless of how "young" the readers are. Remember something called IZANAGI?!?

So its a possibility, but not probable.

To the thread creator, you could honestly be completely wrong though. I just wrote a thread about how Gai sensei just mastered 7 Gates in the middle of this battle. He was able to perform Hindura without opening 7 gates and being held down by Mokuton, beaten half to death. That shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. Kakashi also teleported HIMSELF, which he has never done (although Tobi did it all the time). This also shows IMMEDIATE progress in this battle alone. It could very well be simple--Kakashi is pushing himself past limits he couldnt previously do.

Or maybe Kishi is doing all the foolishness you spoke about. LMAO

OHHHHHHHHHHH & LMAO @ "Ninja Inception". Just caught that LOL
    Very true, it's theory only. In regards to Kakashi pushing his limits and the overuse of Kamui, this is less of an issue for me than the sudden dissapearance of the blood from his eye. In that last several issues there has been something amiss in every chapter, even the flashbacks. In looking at one of the panels in 607 we see the Kyuubi summoned to the Leaf village. The panel looks identical to the one from way back in 501 or 502 (forget which), except it isn't. Kishimoto actually changed the number of windows and removed what looked to be a spire from the picture. The question is why? He had already drawn it before, so there was no need to change it and changing it served no value to the storyline. Unless it actually did, and this is my best guess as to what is going on. It would explain many of the inconsistencies.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Very true, it's theory only. In regards to Kakashi pushing his limits and the overuse of Kamui, this is less of an issue for me than the sudden dissapearance of the blood from his eye. In that last several issues there has been something amiss in every chapter, even the flashbacks. In looking at one of the panels in 607 we see the Kyuubi summoned to the Leaf village. The panel looks identical to the one from way back in 501 or 502 (forget which), except it isn't. Kishimoto actually changed the number of windows and removed what looked to be a spire from the picture. The question is why? He had already drawn it before, so there was no need to change it and changing it served no value to the storyline. Unless it actually did, and this is my best guess as to what is going on. It would explain many of the inconsistencies.

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/608/8

So......... (for example)........... are you trying to say that Kishi also purposely removed the Sharingan from Kakashi's eye in the Manga above? In what alternate universe is Kakashi now able to deactivate his Sharingan?!? Even last time, when he expired all his chakra to the point of death, he still had the MS in his eye, it never deactivated even when his chakra level was almost at Zero. Now he is standing and talking and using Jutsu with NO SHARINGAN in this eye?!? This is obviously a mistake by Kishi, I highly doubt he has some cockamaime story to link ALL of these plot inconsistencies. Think about it.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/608/8

So......... (for example)........... are you trying to say that Kishi also purposely removed the Sharingan from Kakashi's eye in the Manga above? In what alternate universe is Kakashi now able to deactivate his Sharingan?!? Even last time, when he expired all his chakra to the point of death, he still had the MS in his eye, it never deactivated even when his chakra level was almost at Zero. Now he is standing and talking and using Jutsu with NO SHARINGAN in this eye?!? This is obviously a mistake by Kishi, I highly doubt he has some cockamaime story to link ALL of these plot inconsistencies. Think about it.
    lol, actually I think that is just bad scanning. I've seen other scans that allow you to see that he stilll has Sharingan active.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol, actually I think that is just bad scanning. I've seen other scans that allow you to see that he stilll has Sharingan active.

**** it. Show me a link that has this manga page with Kakashi WITH a sharingan in his eye and I'll agree with your theory!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should listen to
    Phish

Kishimoto is going to Tsukuyomi everyone

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

**** it. Show me a link that has this manga page with Kakashi WITH a sharingan in his eye and I'll agree with your theory!
    http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/74083014/11

At your service.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykuhz View Post
    Kishimoto is going to Tsukuyomi everyone
    Like B00m said. We are stuck until we realize it and Kishimoto decides to release us.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-11-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Gravedigger

Fed up with the manga? Ready to stop reading? If the answer is no then read no further. If you answered yes then read on and you may reconsider.
    For awhile now we have been confronted with some impossibilities. The most recent is Kakashi using Kamui so many times. Couple this with the fact that several chapters ago his eye had begun to bleed. Now suddenly he has managed to wipe his eye free of blood but not the sweat. Now in 608 we have Kishimoto clearly pointing out through Kakashi "Hey shouldn't this eye be bleeding?". Let me emphasize it a little for you. We also have Madara stating "This is also a clone. Where's the real one, Obito?" As though the greatest Sharingan user can't see 150 meters away. Minato's head carving when he shouldn't have been Hokage yet. I'm not going to list them all but you get the idea.

My theory is that Kishimoto is doing these things deliberately to see if you, the reader, catch on to the fact that you are not viewing the same story, or timeline actually it changes even panel to panel. It is similar because it is looping but make no mistake they are different. Obito hints at this by saying that this world will end soon and that all it does is create more and more trash. So how is Kakashi able to use Kamui so much? He isn't using it consecutively, different loop. How does Madara think there are multiple clones then suddenly fight a real one. Different loop. How is Minato's head carved before he was Hokage? You get the picture. Hopefully, this reaffirms your faith in Kishimoto.
    . Thoughts?
    When it's Kakashi overusing Kamui, or Sasuke surviving impossible damage, or Tsunade auto healing everything, you cry and cry and complain and hate.

When it's Naruto not being full of burns and damage to his body after going 8 tails against Pain, and being able to defeat him with a normal rasengan, you think it's normal. When it's Naruto facing the power of both Hashirama and Madara put together and just laugh at it as a legendary wood dragon is magically fodderised, you don't say a word about it. I could mention to you so much plot about Naruto, but all you ever care about is when it happens to other characters than the main one.

Kishi's mistakes... and Kakashi is meant to be strong, he's meant to know a thousand jutsus and he doesn't even use his arsenal, we're lucky enough to see him spamming Kamui to compensate for that.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Armathyx View Post
    When it's Kakashi overusing Kamui, or Sasuke surviving impossible damage, or Tsunade auto healing everything, you cry and cry and complain and hate.

When it's Naruto not being full of burns and damage to his body after going 8 tails against Pain, and being able to defeat him with a normal rasengan, you think it's normal. When it's Naruto facing the power of both Hashirama and Madara put together and just laugh at it as a legendary wood dragon is magically fodderised, you don't say a word about it. I could mention to you so much plot about Naruto, but all you ever care about is when it happens to other characters than the main one.

Kishi's mistakes... and Kakashi is meant to be strong, he's meant to know a thousand jutsus and he doesn't even use his arsenal, we're lucky enough to see him spamming Kamui to compensate for that.
    What!?! I have no idea what your talking about. I've not once said anything about Tsunade or Sasuke and if you had bothered to read the thread you will see I'm not hating on any character. Frankly, the individual characters are irrelevant to the discussion. The discussion is if the "errors" are intentional or not and I am explaining that I don't believe they are and that rather than trying to reason them out individually I have a theory that may explain most of them.

Now, if your saying that each inconsistency can be explained individually or that they aren't inconsistencies then we can discuss, but if you think that then why did you bother since my original statement tells you to ignore the thread.

Anyone else feel that Kishimoto was screaming loudly on this last one in 609 with Kakashi's wounds and the healing flak vest? Those were healed up before he received the chakra, not that it would have repaired his flak vest anyway.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-14-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

OT:

I don't know the details to your theory and I am not going to pretend I do, but I like where your thought process is, it is definitely one of the more original ideas floating around the base. I can't say I agree 100%, because I feel like it would require some massive explaining on Kishi's part (he can't go back to each individual "error" in a flashback and say, "see, see what I was doing here") which is why I struggle with this. However, if you're correct, I believe it will have to do with Izanami. When Kishi introduced Izanami, he had more in plan for it than just a means for Itachi to trump Kabuto, I have a strong feeling it will play a role later in the story. If you recall, Izanami takes an event from point A to point A' and memorizes the sensations in between causing the target to remain in a loop between these two memorized points. But remember, B and C (the points between A and A') were a bit different each time, resulting in a slighly different variation of the "loop". If I am understanding you correctly, this sounds a bit like what you are trying to get across. Some one or something, has put the entire world in Izanami and until the world can take the "right" path it will continue to loop. Write now, the story lies between A and A' (closer to A' I assume). But has already been through this loop several times, for when it came time to make a crucial choice, the world so-to-speak chose wrong and was forced back to point A. Kishi is showing the variations between the loops of Izanami. Will the world finally make the correct choice ( I assume this has to do with Naruto) or will they be forced back to point A. This is just something I came up with when trying to make sense of your thoughts. I cant say I believe this will happen, but I feel its an intelligent way to look at the story. One thing I know for certain, Izanami will make another appearnce in the story, and play a BIG role.

And for those saying, "Ohh this is wayyy to complex for Kishi's audience." Please, have you read the story so far? Sex jokes, complicated thought processes, and Izanami, dont tell me a 12 yr old should be able to understand all of this, they are not the target audience, it just happens to appeal to them.

Sorry for the block formatting, I just didnt feel like making it pretty this time.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iBon3 View Post
    OT:

I don't know the details to your theory and I am not going to pretend I do, but I like where your thought process is, it is definitely one of the more original ideas floating around the base. I can't say I agree 100%, because I feel like it would require some massive explaining on Kishi's part (he can't go back to each individual "error" in a flashback and say, "see, see what I was doing here") which is why I struggle with this. However, if you're correct, I believe it will have to do with Izanami. When Kishi introduced Izanami, he had more in plan for it than just a means for Itachi to trump Kabuto, I have a strong feeling it will play a role later in the story. If you recall, Izanami takes an event from point A to point A' and memorizes the sensations in between causing the target to remain in a loop between these two memorized points. But remember, B and C (the points between A and A') were a bit different each time, resulting in a slighly different variation of the "loop". If I am understanding you correctly, this sounds a bit like what you are trying to get across. Some one or something, has put the entire world in Izanami and until the world can take the "right" path it will continue to loop. Write now, the story lies between A and A' (closer to A' I assume). But has already been through this loop several times, for when it came time to make a crucial choice, the world so-to-speak chose wrong and was forced back to point A. Kishi is showing the variations between the loops of Izanami. Will the world finally make the correct choice ( I assume this has to do with Naruto) or will they be forced back to point A. This is just something I came up with when trying to make sense of your thoughts. I cant say I believe this will happen, but I feel its an intelligent way to look at the story. One thing I know for certain, Izanami will make another appearnce in the story, and play a BIG role.

And for those saying, "Ohh this is wayyy to complex for Kishi's audience." Please, have you read the story so far? Sex jokes, complicated thought processes, and Izanami, dont tell me a 12 yr old should be able to understand all of this, they are not the target audience, it just happens to appeal to them.

Sorry for the block formatting, I just didnt feel like making it pretty this time.
    You've got it very close to the way I imagined it to be although I think it will be a Yin/Yang technique that puts reality into this looping process. This condition is what I believe is the Doom scenario that the Sage Toad detailed in his prophecy related to Naruto. Figuring out a way to break the loop that leads to all of these tragedies is Naruto's purpose.

Regarding Kishimoto going back to address each item separately, I don't think he would do that. Part of the appeal in doing it this way is that as you get to go back and read the story again and see how many times he has probably hinted at it throughout the series.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You've got it very close to the way I imagined it to be although I think it will be a Yin/Yang technique that puts reality into this looping process. This condition is what I believe is the Doom scenario that the Sage Toad detailed in his prophecy related to Naruto. Figuring out a way to break the loop that leads to all of these tragedies is Naruto's purpose.

Regarding Kishimoto going back to address each item separately, I don't think he would do that. Part of the appeal in doing it this way is that as you get to go back and read the story again and see how many times he has probably hinted at it throughout the series.
    I'm not sure I've ever really understood the yin/yang concept as it relates to this universe. My understanding was one could imagine something and the other could bring that image to life. How do you suppose it will relate to your theory?

Also, do you think Izanami will play a role at all in this story, maybe not the way I described, but does it still have relevance to you?

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

You're correct, Yin chakra is like thought, imagination, creativity. Genjutsu utilizes Yin chakra and Izanami is genjutsu. Yang is like physical energy, vitality, life. Mokuton uses Yang chakra. Now ninjutsu uses both to mold chakra, but the So6P manipulated Yin and Yang chakra so well that he could give life to his thoughts and make the reality. So I don't believe that we are in a constant state of Izanami or it would be exactly as it was thought to be. Life keeps inserting itself into the equation.

I think Izanami principles will definetly play a part in figuring out what is occurring. Thanks Itachi.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-14-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Klubargutan View Post
    To be Honest i don't see why people lose faith in him? if you like naruto then leave kishi to do what he does and stop complaining. Just enjoy it!
    It's like they forget the whole series they have watched/read

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So let me get this straight you're saying that Naruto readers don't have the capacity to understand something so "complex"?I'd beg to differ.

Also I find it odd that there is too many "mistakes" and inconsistencies. seems rather fishy to me...

Last edited by Arianne; 11-14-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'd considered something kinda like this during the Itachi/Kabuto fight. I imagined the entire storyline as something like a gigantic Izanami loop.