Page 3 of 3 « First 123
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Kishimoto I hear what you're drawing.

As much as I like theories, I can't say that I buy all of this. The number of windows on a building can't have much importance. If the story did pan out where the moons eye plan resulted in the scenario you presented, or someone interrupted the moons eye plan with izanagi/nami (can't remember which is which), using the number of windows in a building as an anchor to prove this was a well thought out conclusion is very weak.

As you might have guessed I'm a light reader of the manga, and other than the non-sharigan eye of Kakashi I haven't noticed many mistakes. Is there a complete (concise) list somewheres?

I'm sure a manga as popular as Naruto pays well enough for Kishimoto to have assistants. It's possible that these mistakes could have been caused be delegating work so that he has more time to plan out the details of complex storyline elements or get a head start on more complicated battle sequences early.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix16 View Post
    As much as I like theories, I can't say that I buy all of this. The number of windows on a building can't have much importance. If the story did pan out where the moons eye plan resulted in the scenario you presented, or someone interrupted the moons eye plan with izanagi/nami (can't remember which is which), using the number of windows in a building as an anchor to prove this was a well thought out conclusion is very weak.

As you might have guessed I'm a light reader of the manga, and other than the non-sharigan eye of Kakashi I haven't noticed many mistakes. Is there a complete (concise) list somewheres?

I'm sure a manga as popular as Naruto pays well enough for Kishimoto to have assistants. It's possible that these mistakes could have been caused be delegating work so that he has more time to plan out the details of complex storyline elements or get a head start on more complicated battle sequences early.
    Wow, if you think the number of windows is my anchor then I can tell you didn't bother to read. There is a list of manga mistakes in this forum. It is stickied at the top. The sudden dissapearance of Kakashi's bleeding eye and the dissapearance of his wounds and damaged flak vest are too coincidental.

Regarding the sudden loss of Sharingan that wasn't a mistake it was a bad scan. If you read the thread you will see I covered that already.

It's funny you should bring up how popular the manga is as a reason mistakes will occur. Actually the opposite would be more likely . Naruto has merchandise all over the place, theme park characters, movies, heck he's even featured in Disney Worlds Epcot Center (Side note Itachi fans they talk about him and his relationship to the Karasu Tengu and Yatagarasu). Those investor that will be providing Kishimoto a cut of the money will want certain guarantees. Things like solid quality control, or that Kishimoto doesn't turn the series into hentai. After all if you're a corporation about to turn out trading cards and distribute world wide, your going to want some assurances that your not going to loose your investment. I'm quite certain he has folks double checking his work and if he doesn't you can bet your a$$ those investors are.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-15-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Wow, if you think the number of windows is my anchor then I can tell you didn't bother to read. There is a list of manga mistakes in this forum. It is stickied at the top. The sudden dissapearance of Kakashi's bleeding eye and the dissapearance of his wounds and damaged flak vest are too coincidental.

Regarding the sudden loss of Sharingan that wasn't a mistake it was a bad scan. If you read the thread you will see I covered that already.

It's funny you should bring up how popular the manga is as a reason mistakes will occur. Actually the opposite would be more likely . Naruto has merchandise all over the place, theme park characters, movies, heck he's even featured in Disney Worlds Epcot Center (Side note Itachi fans they talk about him and his relationship to the Karasu Tengu and Yatagarasu). Those investor that will be providing Kishimoto a cut of the money will want certain guarantees. Things like solid quality control, or that Kishimoto doesn't turn the series into hentai. After all if you're a corporation about to turn out trading cards and distribute world wide, your going to want some assurances that your not going to loose your investment. I'm quite certain he has folks double checking his work and if he doesn't you can bet your a$$ those investors are.
    You misunderstand me. I enjoyed the theory and read every reply and your original thread. I was highlighting the obsurdity of Kishimoto using the number of windows in a building as a 'hey look, see I did have this planned for a long time!' anchor, not implying that it was your only reference. IMO you should have left that part out since it seems like grasping at straws. That is all

Regarding your response, I didn't say that popular animal = mistakes. I said that popular anime = money to hire assistances = mistakes. Looking over work to make sure it doesn't become a hentai is much different than reviewing minute and often confusing details. These mistakes do not effect investment as much as you would like to think. I doubt most people notice many of these. I think I am proof since I enjoy reading the manga, reading peoples theories and reactions, but rarely reply or post (lurker). Im not saying it isn't possible that these mistakes are actually intended, but it is more of a scenario of them only being relevant if the plot does unfold to include a time-loop moreso than it being strong enough evidince to support the claim at this time.

BTW I was recently (2012) at Walt Disney World and epcot doesn't feature 'Naruto', it has a Japanese store in the Japanese district which includes Naruto and other popular (and not so popular) manga/anime as it is a defining characteristic of Japanese culture.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...

I do not really have a problem with such 'minor' things (even mistakes) like Kakashi simply not dropping dead (many here really constantly complain that him and Gai and Bee and the kages are still breathing) when the juubi is back.

No one really cares if the heroes are still standing, as weird as it might look like, when there is such a huge threat! What do people want? Everyone dead and the final battle just being Naruto alive against all the baddies who didn't get a scratch? Would be as undesired as the current situation: all heroes still standing, looking lost and hopeless, and all bad guys still standing too. Please stop this 'why is that good guy still alive?' Believe me, the other way wouldn't be what you want either. Kishi is doing the right thing since everyone is still reading and will keep reading.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix16 View Post
    You misunderstand me. I enjoyed the theory and read every reply and your original thread. I was highlighting the obsurdity of Kishimoto using the number of windows in a building as a 'hey look, see I did have this planned for a long time!' anchor, not implying that it was your only reference. IMO you should have left that part out since it seems like grasping at straws. That is all

Regarding your response, I didn't say that popular animal = mistakes. I said that popular anime = money to hire assistances = mistakes. Looking over work to make sure it doesn't become a hentai is much different than reviewing minute and often confusing details. These mistakes do not effect investment as much as you would like to think. I doubt most people notice many of these. I think I am proof since I enjoy reading the manga, reading peoples theories and reactions, but rarely reply or post (lurker). Im not saying it isn't possible that these mistakes are actually intended, but it is more of a scenario of them only being relevant if the plot does unfold to include a time-loop moreso than it being strong enough evidince to support the claim at this time.

BTW I was recently (2012) at Walt Disney World and epcot doesn't feature 'Naruto', it has a Japanese store in the Japanese district which includes Naruto and other popular (and not so popular) manga/anime as it is a defining characteristic of Japanese culture.
    I see, the point that I was trying (and obviously failed) to make is that the picture was identical in appearance and did not need to be redrawn. It stands to reason that if you have tight deadlines you look for opportunities to save time. Performing touch-ups to drawn items would be a luxury and would be especially true for performing these types of touchups, as they would go completely unnoticed by most. This leaves me with the following assumptions. First, that they have the time to be meticulous and are able to touchup items unnecessarily. Second, that if they are that meticulous have that amount of time, they wouldn't let an error like a bleeding eye or wounds dissapearing slip by. Third, whether the first or second assumptions are correct or not, the decision to change an item or to leave something out would have been intentional. If pressed for time, it must be necessary. If not pressed for time, then there would be opportunities to check thoroughly. Does that make better sense?

I got what you were saying. My point is that a declining readership would be an issue for the investor. I work for a major corporation and we do have folks checking various websites used for advertising to ensure that they haven't gone off the deep end and that they are still viable sites for advertising. If they spot errors, broken links, issues in verbiage, or whatever they go back to the website and ask that corrections occur and depending on the size of the site may offer to provide additional assistace to protect the investment. Bottom line, if we notice something then those investors are going to notice something as well. They have money involved whereas we get it for free for entertainment. They would have inroads to go back to Kishimoto's team to let them know about a series of mistakes.

On the Epcot center comment, Naruto, DBZ, and other anime are featured in this section. Disney animators love Japanese animation (though you wouldn't know it by the company business practices) and even included Miyazaki's Totoro character in Toy Story III. As you mention, they do point out the strong ties to Japanese mythology, but the display represents more than just a cultural study of Japanese mythology. A common love of animation is something that ties the two cultures together.

So, it isn't just in the gift shop, although Naruto posters are also prominently displayed there as well.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 11-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Heikou View Post
    I'd considered something kinda like this during the Itachi/Kabuto fight. I imagined the entire storyline as something like a gigantic Izanami loop.
    Right, Kishi explained Izanami and how it works in such vivid detail. He even broke it down into a diagram to try to make us best understand it (because it was a little confusing). I don't think this was without purpose, Izanamis specs will play a part in the story, no way it beats Kabuto and then never shows up again.

Regarding Kishimoto going back to address each item separately, I don't think he would do that. Part of the appeal in doing it this way is that as you get to go back and read the story again and see how many times he has probably hinted at it throughout the series.
    Right, and I agree with this. If he explains it properly, the attention all of these "mistakes" have garnered should speak for themselves and he doesn't necessarily have to go back to explain them. So yes, my point is mood.

Page 3 of 3 « First 123