Page 11 of 12 « First ... 789101112 Last»
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Re: Sakura Haruno's possible character development.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoLuffy313 View Post
    Nah, other than her so called love for sasuke and naruto, she is pretty much irrelevant to the story.

But anyway we will see when the K11 arrive on the battlefield.

Don't give your hopes up, Kishi did say all of our favorite characters will shine since this war is far from over.
    It's not about that only, her involvement will be there always as her character represents humanity (one of the central themes of this manga).

Exactly as I said, this war isn't done. Kishi said he will be writing at least 1.5-2 years.
    Take example Kakashi, it took him 4 years (if I am correct) to write about his involvement in the story he said long time ago.

The King Of Games NarutoLuffy313's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    It's not about that only, her involvement will be there always as her character represents humanity (one of the central themes of this manga).

Exactly as I said, this war isn't done. Kishi said he will be writing at least 1.5-2 years.
    Take example Kakashi, it took him 4 years (if I am correct) to write about his involvement in the story he said long time ago.
    I know about the Kakashi ordeal. Kishi stated he would write about Kakashi but he never said anything Sakura..
    He was asked about sakura and he said he legitimately forgot about her.

A writer does forgot about a character they will plan on writing about in the future.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

I know about the Kakashi ordeal. Kishi stated he would write about Kakashi but he never said anything Sakura..
    He was asked about sakura and he said he legitimately forgot about her.

A writer does forgot about a character they will plan on writing about in the future.
    Well, about that interview, funny thing is that I found it totally different than the interview people talked about.

Mostly, it is said that it's from 2012 or something like that, however, the one I read was from 2008 when he first said that Kakashi will have a big surprise (which is happening now) and about Sasuke's fight with Itachi (which happened) and Sakura (we'll see if it happens).

And from where people took that, was Sayan Island where as far as I know, they were accused that the interviews sometimes were a bit wrong (or so I read).

So, dunno what to say about people, how they translate, their biases so on and so forth.

The only way I'll believe it as a 100% undoubteful proof is Kishi's interviews when they're filmed like it was in Road to Ninja and my friend who knows Japanese (though she stopped reading Naruto, lol).

Not to mention he wanted to write about Sakura's parents, her life and stuff like that so we are really supposed to believe he really forgot about her?

Which one would you trust more? The filmed interview or the written one?

The King Of Games NarutoLuffy313's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, about that interview, funny thing is that I found it totally different than the interview people talked about.

Mostly, it is said that it's from 2012 or something like that, however, the one I read was from 2008 when he first said that Kakashi will have a big surprise (which is happening now) and about Sasuke's fight with Itachi (which happened) and Sakura (we'll see if it happens).

And from where people took that, was Sayan Island where as far as I know, they were accused that the interviews sometimes were a bit wrong (or so I read).

So, dunno what to say about people, how they translate, their biases so on and so forth.

The only way I'll believe it as a 100% undoubteful proof is Kishi's interviews when they're filmed like it was in Road to Ninja and my friend who knows Japanese (though she stopped reading Naruto, lol).

Not to mention he wanted to write about Sakura's parents, her life and stuff like that so we are really supposed to believe he really forgot about her?

Which one would you trust more? The filmed interview or the written one?
    Why she stop reading?

A filmed one is more legit. But the interview where he stated he forgot about Sakura was at Jump Festa. SaiyanIsland only gets the interviews from other sources and host that info on their site.

Also on NF, translators who actually live in Japan translate the interviews as well. I will have to find their posts first.

But for now Sakura is irrelevant to the story. She does not fit in with any of the current events. The only naruto female that could actually get character development and has a connection with the current events is Hinata since she has the Byakugan. The very doujutsu that orginated from the Juubi..

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Why she stop reading?

A filmed one is more legit. But the interview where he stated he forgot about Sakura was at Jump Festa. SaiyanIsland only gets the interviews from other sources and host that info on their site.

Also on NF, translators who actually live in Japan translate the interviews as well. I will have to find their posts first.

But for now Sakura is irrelevant to the story. She does not fit in with any of the current events. The only naruto female that could actually get character development and has a connection with the current events is Hinata since she has the Byakugan. The very doujutsu that orginated from the Juubi..
    Yeah, the one that I read was from the Jump Festa as well. The 2008 Jump Festa.
    She read it because she considers Kishi a misogynist and because he killed Itachi, but that's another story.
    Sakura does have relevance to the story.
    Let's not forget this is a possible scenario of Team 7 only that's in the past. This whole war is going on because people want to keep peace and care for humanity, humanity that happens to be one of the biggest traits of Sakura's in this manga. So no matter what, she'll always be connected to the "roots" of it.
    And do I smell a Hinata fan service? Don't get me wrong, I like both, but the way you put it in contradiction to one another, you know, it's not that hard to tell it.
    Let's not forget that more representative for the Byakugan is Neji more than Hinata.
    So it's not only about her.

NF? What is NF? Naruto Forums?
    Dunno what to say about that, have heard only bad things about that forum, to be honest.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Im sorry, but as for now Hinata and Hyuugas in general has nothing to with Sage, Uchihas or Juubi. Besides, its only logical that the main heroine has better chances for development than some pairing fodder.

Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I always thought Sakura should've been with Karin (it would be interesting, cause they both love(d) Sasuke) and meet up with Jugo & Suigetsu. that could've led to a fight with Chiyo & Kimimaro. and then meet up with Sasuke (that would be an even more interesting confrontation). that's the only way i could see Sakura being actually involved with the plot thats going on now (she wouldn't be that much help fighting Obito & Tobi).
    Thoughts?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by mattster25 View Post
    I always thought Sakura should've been with Karin (it would be interesting, cause they both love(d) Sasuke) and meet up with Jugo & Suigetsu. that could've led to a fight with Chiyo & Kimimaro. and then meet up with Sasuke (that would be an even more interesting confrontation). that's the only way i could see Sakura being actually involved with the plot thats going on now (she wouldn't be that much help fighting Obito & Tobi).
    Thoughts?
    Hmm, that is an interesting match, however, they're quite similar and I am sure they wouldn't get along too much.
    But to led to a fight with Chiyo, that's even more interesting, considering that they fought together.
    And once again, her involvement resides within the central teaching of this manga, not matter what arc it is.
    Team Minato/Team 7 parallel, she is involved being Rin's portrayal one way or another.
    And let's not forget that one of the biggest reasons of Obito of this war was because Rin was killed.

And it is too soon to say this war is over and she has nothing to do with it

Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmm, that is an interesting match, however, they're quite similar and I am sure they wouldn't get along too much.
    But to led to a fight with Chiyo, that's even more interesting, considering that they fought together.
    And once again, her involvement resides within the central teaching of this manga, not matter what arc it is.
    Team Minato/Team 7 parallel, she is involved being Rin's portrayal one way or another.
    And let's not forget that one of the biggest reasons of Obito of this war was because Rin was killed.

And it is too soon to say this war is over and she has nothing to do with it
    I just think she could've been giving more to do, (and considering she's one of the 4 main characters), esspecially by herself, cause her whole character arc is mainly about dependancy, and trying to do with things without anyones help.

And I'm guessing, by what you're saying, Sasuke is gonna kill Sakura (that would make it really parallel), which could lead Naruto to be like Obito (just like Itachi warned).

I dont mind if something like that ends up happening, it would be very cool to see if done right. but it's hard to predict with Kishi.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by mattster25 View Post
    I just think she could've been giving more to do, (and considering she's one of the 4 main characters), esspecially by herself, cause her whole character arc is mainly about dependancy, and trying to do with things without anyones help.

And I'm guessing, by what you're saying, Sasuke is gonna kill Sakura (that would make it really parallel), which could lead Naruto to be like Obito (just like Itachi warned).

I dont mind if something like that ends up happening, it would be very cool to see if done right. but it's hard to predict with Kishi.
    Well, discovering one of Obito's biggest plan with the Zetsu clone was done by herself, however people tend to overlook that.
    No, that parallel with the Killing was made in another part. He already tried to do that and he didn't managed to do it.
    However, the Rin/Kakashi moment we see it with Sasuke/Karin.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop worrying about the world
    ending today. It's already
    tomorrow in Australia.

1st of all Sakura isn't smart she just reads and is "informed" with things, just tell me if Sakura was not able to access Tsunade's library she wouldn't be informed.

Well I don't see Sakura surpassing Tsunade because I think she's fodder than Karin and Karrin is fodder than Tsunade. So if anyone says Sakura has or will surpass Tsunade they are wrong the only person capable of doing that is Karin

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Horidora Taijutsu View Post
    1st of all Sakura isn't smart she just reads and is "informed" with things, just tell me if Sakura was not able to access Tsunade's library she wouldn't be informed.

Well I don't see Sakura surpassing Tsunade because I think she's fodder than Karin and Karrin is fodder than Tsunade. So if anyone says Sakura has or will surpass Tsunade they are wrong the only person capable of doing that is Karin
    I think you dismissed some of the facts that show her prowess when it comes to intelligence.
    And not to turn this into a vs thread, but regarding the battle prowess, Sakura takes Karin and they're not fodders, any of them.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It seem that everybody have their own theory.
    Try to focus the way the story progress, Kishi's style.
    Team 7; Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.
    Kishi begin from Sasuke development.
    Then moved on to Naruto, - of which Sasuke skill level was far beyond Naruto.
    thereafter focus on Naruto skill also move to higher level - Kurama.
    Later was Kakashi turn; up to current chapters.
    Kishi is therefore putting Sasuke, Naruto & Kakashi in order.
    Yet to come is Sakura.
    As said Kishi is now stretching the story further; maybe 2 yrs.
    Kishi had already given some hints on how is Sakura skill.
    This is a good way in telling story; by presenting one by one.
    Konoha 11 are just secondary characters so as to cover all other areas.
    Well, Sakura skill will be coming, but not too soon yet....please wait.............

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.

I doubt there is enough time left in the series to develop her. Kishi said it will be over in a little over a year and a half and there is to much else going on. We have the war, the Sasuke and Orochimaru situation, we still need to learn how Rin died, Madara's back story hasn't been told yet, Naruto still has to fight Sasuke, the five Kage situation. While a year and a half may sound like a long time when you calculate how many manga chapters we get in a year, well there is a chapter a week and there are several breaks year. Oh and each year is about 52 weeks long. With all thats going on, there is no time for Sakura.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    I doubt there is enough time left in the series to develop her. Kishi said it will be over in a little over a year and a half and there is to much else going on. We have the war, the Sasuke and Orochimaru situation, we still need to learn how Rin died, Madara's back story hasn't been told yet, Naruto still has to fight Sasuke, the five Kage situation. While a year and a half may sound like a long time when you calculate how many manga chapters we get in a year, well there is a chapter a week and there are several breaks year. Oh and each year is about 52 weeks long. With all thats going on, there is no time for Sakura.
    He showed her evasive skills in one panel and medical ninjutsu prowess in few. What makes you think he cannot do that again?
    He said one year, one year and a half, and then said that it might take longer, there are still many things he wants to write about.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.

He showed her evasive skills in one panel and medical ninjutsu prowess in few. What makes you think he cannot do that again?
    He said one year, one year and a half, and then said that it might take longer, there are still many things he wants to write about.
    Even if she is developed further we are not going to see much from it. The war arc is at the climax and the following arc is probably about Naruto and Sasuke. A year and a half isn't as long as it sounds. There are to many other sub plots going on. Each fight is at a bare minmum 6 chapters long (not counting flash backs and talking). The current fight has taken place over one year.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    Even if she is developed further we are not going to see much from it. The war arc is at the climax and the following arc is probably about Naruto and Sasuke. A year and a half isn't as long as it sounds. There are to many other sub plots going on. Each fight is at a bare minmum 6 chapters long (not counting flash backs and talking). The current fight has taken place over one year.
    I know, that's why for the many things that Kishi has to say, it will probably last more than one year, one year and a half and he can always connect her with the plot.
    It's not that hard.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happily married to
    thatsAslap7. XD

yeah, Sakura needs a powerup like seriously!! She is awesome. Btw thanks for pointing out the forehead thing :o

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by nath0man View Post
    yeah, Sakura needs a powerup like seriously!! She is awesome. Btw thanks for pointing out the forehead thing :o
    You're welcome.
    Well, we have to wait since Kishi said everyone is going to shine brightly.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not studying i am free

i really want that to happen she is great but she doesnt have screen time i want more sakura

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by fayeon View Post
    i really want that to happen she is great but she doesnt have screen time i want more sakura
    Well, let's hope we'll get it!

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i agree with you 100% and GREAT thread btw. i havite always been a sakur fan but something bothers me... i think kishi changed up his mind considering sakuras development. if u think about it, everything was set up perfectly. post timeskip her improvement was crazy way better than narutos actually and the her healing kankuro and fighting sasori was just amazing. so considering this fact i cant see y her development just stoped at that point. lika you said chio said she will surpass tsunade the same as kakashi said naruto can surpass the 4th which also includes jiraya.
    kishi just decided that only focusing on sasuke and naruto would fit the whole senju vs uchiha thing better ( which actually does) its not the first time this happened. pre time skip kishi reader thought about the sharingan, the byakugan and the rinnegan(even though we didnt get any infos about that back then) as equal eye techniques. neji was considered one of the best young ninjas and the hiyuga clan was powerfull. NOW no one gives a f*** about the byakugan, which is sad because i like hinata´s charakter but again kishi thought only the two sharingan and rinnegan would fit the plot better ( which again makes sense)

finally i want to explain my version of the series in which sakuras development would be more realistic even though it would be a whole different scenario...
    sakura and hinata should have switched places or sakura being the one having byakugan and later still become a medical ninja because i see there is a huge potential in the combination of medical ninjutsu and the byakugans ability to see the chakra flow inside of peoples bodies. Then kishi could developed a three-sided plot with sasuke(sharingan) sakura(byakugan) and naruto( jinchuriiki and maybe rinnegan who knows)
    PS: i think im gonna make a new thread about this version of naruto :P

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by JeTeJ View Post
    i agree with you 100% and GREAT thread btw. i havite always been a sakur fan but something bothers me... i think kishi changed up his mind considering sakuras development. if u think about it, everything was set up perfectly. post timeskip her improvement was crazy way better than narutos actually and the her healing kankuro and fighting sasori was just amazing. so considering this fact i cant see y her development just stoped at that point. lika you said chio said she will surpass tsunade the same as kakashi said naruto can surpass the 4th which also includes jiraya.
    kishi just decided that only focusing on sasuke and naruto would fit the whole senju vs uchiha thing better ( which actually does) its not the first time this happened. pre time skip kishi reader thought about the sharingan, the byakugan and the rinnegan(even though we didnt get any infos about that back then) as equal eye techniques. neji was considered one of the best young ninjas and the hiyuga clan was powerfull. NOW no one gives a f*** about the byakugan, which is sad because i like hinata´s charakter but again kishi thought only the two sharingan and rinnegan would fit the plot better ( which again makes sense)

finally i want to explain my version of the series in which sakuras development would be more realistic even though it would be a whole different scenario...
    sakura and hinata should have switched places or sakura being the one having byakugan and later still become a medical ninja because i see there is a huge potential in the combination of medical ninjutsu and the byakugans ability to see the chakra flow inside of peoples bodies. Then kishi could developed a three-sided plot with sasuke(sharingan) sakura(byakugan) and naruto( jinchuriiki and maybe rinnegan who knows)
    PS: i think im gonna make a new thread about this version of naruto :P
    Oh my, thank you.
    Well, this is about to see if it's going to happen.
    However, lately I have started re-reading the manga.
    Sakura might get a development, however on another scale, like she always had, meaning the humane behavior that she's continuously been changing

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sakuaru obvious hint here.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by FXW View Post

Sakuaru obvious hint here.
    This is not a pairing thread...