Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 69
  1. #26
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    insignificant ? spare me the BS, everyone goes for the touchdown, they could care less about the field goal,
    all sport involved FOOT like swimming,tennis and many more but they don't call it football, what i mean don't involved is they don't use that as the main thing in the sport, they use their hands to pass and to carry the ball they don't dribble the ball, well of course they can't dribble it cause it ain't ball,

    Lmao, spare you the BS. Oh the irony.
    Obviously, everyone goes for the touchdowns. Do they always get it? No. What they care about is putting points on the board. Whether it be a field goal or a touchdown. If they score a touchdown, they get 6 points, and would have to KICK it for an extra point. Then KICKING it again to the other team. If they don't get into the end zone, they have to KICK a field goal.

    @ Bold. :lmao: Obviously. It wouldn't be a sport if it doesn't require you to use your feet, as it would be sitting down of some sort. The difference is the sports you mentioned don't require contact between the foot and the ball. As football actually does. Going by your logic, why don't you call your version of football, kickball? As all your doing is kicking a ball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    then why would you call it soccer when its originally called FOOTBALL ?, saying your hand egg is football while calling the real FOOTBALL soccer is the real ignorance.....
    How disgraceful and ignorant. Smh.
    No. I have never said your version of football should be called soccer. That is where your ignorance comes in. Your calling our football hand egg, but on the flip side getting mad when someone calls it soccer. It is in no way ignorance of me calling our football, football, and our soccer, soccer. That is the actual name of the sport in America, not a stupid made up nickname such a hand egg. Your trying to rename a sport that doesn't even exist in your country, where we play both, football and soccer.

    As i said before, i can easily just say, that your version of football is called kick ball. Is that correct? No. Same applies with calling our football hand egg.

    And if you want to get technical, were not tossing and catching an egg, so that doesn't even make sense.
     
         

  2. #27
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Lmao, spare you the BS. Oh the irony.
    Obviously, everyone goes for the touchdowns. Do they always get it? No. What they care about is putting points on the board. Whether it be a field goal or a touchdown. If they score a touchdown, they get 6 points, and would have to KICK it for an extra point. Then KICKING it again to the other team. If they don't get into the end zone, they have to KICK a field goal.
    so just because they kick the ball a few times then its safe to called it football ? spare me the BS, there are other sport who deserve that name yet they decided to make a new for it so they can call their own sport FOOTBALL LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    @ Bold. :lmao: Obviously. It wouldn't be a sport if it doesn't require you to use your feet, as it would be sitting down of some sort. The difference is the sports you mentioned don't require contact between the foot and the ball. As football actually does. Going by your logic, why don't you call your version of football, kickball? As all your doing is kicking a ball.
    it looks like you failed to understand what i mean, look here, to called a sport which don't INVOLVED KICKING the ball all the time/most of the time can be considered football ? and yet they give new name like soccer so they can use FOOTBALL as their sport name ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    How disgraceful and ignorant. Smh.
    No. I have never said your version of football should be called soccer. That is where your ignorance comes in. Your calling our football hand egg, but on the flip side getting mad when someone calls it soccer. It is in no way ignorance of me calling our football, football, and our soccer, soccer. That is the actual name of the sport in America, not a stupid made up nickname such a hand egg. Your trying to rename a sport that doesn't even exist in your country, where we play both, football and soccer.
    LMAO, i wonder whose the ignorance, like i said why would you give a new name to some sport who already have it own original name ? its CALLED FOOTBALL the rest of the world call it FOOTBALL, so don't come here and state "that's the actual name in USA" cause USA is not the world heck they don't even created the sport, so why they renamed it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    As i said before, i can easily just say, that your version of football is called kick ball. Is that correct? No. Same applies with calling our football hand egg.

    And if you want to get technical, were not tossing and catching an egg, so that doesn't even make sense.
    it looks like egg, and like you said the like to toss it around yet they named it football, what a genius huh ?
     
         

  3. #28
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    so just because they kick the ball a few times then its safe to called it football ? spare me the BS, there are other sport who deserve that name yet they decided to make a new for it so they can call their own sport FOOTBALL LOL
    Yup.
    LOL. You should probably get over the fact theirs another sport called football, because its not going to change.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    it looks like you failed to understand what i mean, look here, to called a sport which don't INVOLVED KICKING the ball all the time/most of the time can be considered football ? and yet they give new name like soccer so they can use FOOTBALL as their sport name ?
    I would love to know where your getting football means you need to involve kicking. The word football isn't a indication to having to kick a ball. That's why its FOOTball, not KICKball.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    LMAO, i wonder whose the ignorance, like i said why would you give a new name to some sport who already have it own original name ? its CALLED FOOTBALL the rest of the world call it FOOTBALL, so don't come here and state "that's the actual name in USA" cause USA is not the world heck they don't even created the sport, so why they renamed it ?
    I don't think i have ever witnessed this level of ignorance before. Did i ever say the USA is the world? LOL, this is comedy. So because most people call it one thing, everyone else has to call it the same? No. That logic applies with absolutely nothing. There are way to many different languages and culture for that to be the case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    it looks like egg, and like you said the like to toss it around yet they named it football, what a genius huh ?
    Toss it while on your feet, throw it while on your feet, catch it while on your feet, and kick it with your feet.
    Not quite as genius as the inventor of the term "Egg ball"

    Oh, does it? I wasn't aware a football looks like an egg.
    You're totally right, they look identical. :lmao:
     
         

  4. #29
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Yup.
    LOL. You should probably get over the fact theirs another sport called football, because its not going to change.
    but the sad thing is they called the real FOOTBALL soccer.....................




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I would love to know where your getting football means you need to involve kicking. The word football isn't a indication to having to kick a ball. That's why its FOOTball, not KICKball.
    LOL rugby player also kick the ball yet they don't call it football




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I don't think i have ever witnessed this level of ignorance before. Did i ever say the USA is the world? LOL, this is comedy. So because most people call it one thing, everyone else has to call it the same? No. That logic applies with absolutely nothing. There are way to many different languages and culture for that to be the case.
    i never said that you stated "USA is the world" so idk what you're talking about by saying i accused you to say so,
    my point is the american rip off rugby and the real FOOTBALL......



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Toss it while on your feet, throw it while on your feet, catch it while on your feet, and kick it with your feet.
    Not quite as genius as the inventor of the term "Egg ball"
    so does Rugby yet they don't call it football...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Oh, does it? I wasn't aware a football looks like an egg.
    You're totally right, they look identical. :lmao:
    yes it is......
     
         

  5. #30
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    but the sad thing is they called the real FOOTBALL soccer.....................
    Get over it. Your arrogance is becoming atrocious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    LOL rugby player also kick the ball yet they don't call it football
    and your point is? You said you can't call a sport Football, if it doesn't involve kicking. F-O-O-Tball doesn't mean you need to kick something. How does rugby not being called football justify what you said, that foot means kicking something?

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    i never said that you stated "USA is the world" so idk what you're talking about by saying i accused you to say so,
    my point is the american rip off rugby and the real FOOTBALL......
    How is it ripping off? We simply took some ideas from rugby, formed our own sport, and renamed it. Your acting as if that has never happened before. For example: It happens with military weapons all the time. A lot of it started in the US, and other countries copied it, and created there own version. Again, you need to get over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    so does Rugby yet they don't call it football...........
    Your avoiding my point. Your saying that football isn't an appropriate name for the sport, because it doesn't involving the feet or kicking. When i have proven it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    yes it is......
    I take it you didn't see the picture, as they clearly don't have a close resemblance.
     
         

  6. #31
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Get over it. Your arrogance is becoming atrocious.
    arrogance ? that's my line young guns




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    and your point is? You said you can't call a sport Football, if it doesn't involve kicking. F-O-O-Tball doesn't mean you need to kick something. How does rugby not being called football justify what you said, that foot means kicking something?
    am pretty sure i already explain what i mean with that "doesn't involve kicking" did you read it or not ?
    because rugby is the exact example of sport that resembles (ripped off) by your american football, they kick the ball yet they don't call it football, while yours blatantly named it football just because they kick it a few times in a match just like rugby... this is so sad.............



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    How is it ripping off? We simply took some ideas from rugby, formed our own sport, and renamed it. Your acting as if that has never happened before. For example: It happens with military weapons all the time. A lot of it started in the US, and other countries copied it, and created there own version. Again, you need to get over it.
    BOLD: LMAO wow just wow, this kinda level of ignorance is over 9000
    who gives shit about weapons ? it was a toll for massacre they could care less about the ****ing name



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Your avoiding my point. Your saying that football isn't an appropriate name for the sport, because it doesn't involving the feet or kicking. When i have proven it does.
    what point ? i knew it involve kicking since i watch hand egg match from time time, but then again why would they called the real football soccer ? so they can use the name for their own sport ? how ridiculous and incoherent ,Also Football is mainly played with the feet, while American football is mainly played with the hands. It's fairly obvious to which sport football first refers too. The exception is America.


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I take it you didn't see the picture, as they clearly don't have a close resemblance.
    yes it is
     
         
    Last edited by Totsuka No Tsurugi; 11-30-2012 at 07:53 AM.

  7. #32
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    arrogance ? that's my line young guns
    Right...because im using the name of which it is called. Comical.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    am pretty sure i already explain what i mean with that "doesn't involve kicking" did you read it or not ?
    because rugby is the exact example of sport that resembles (ripped off) by your american football, they kick the ball yet they don't call it football, while yours blatantly named it football just because they kick it a few times in a match just like rugby... this is so sad.............
    The amount of butthurt you express, never fails to make me laugh, LOL. I'll say this once again, get over it.
    Besides, why would they call 2 sports that originated around the same place, football?


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    BOLD: LMAO wow just wow, this kinda level of ignorance is over 9000
    who gives shit about weapons ? it was a toll for massacre they could care less about the ****ing name
    Ironic, once again.
    Yeah, who gives a shit. It was just an example. Just brush aside the fact that it has happened numerous times.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    what point ? i knew it involve kicking since i watch hand egg match from time time, but then again why would they called the real football soccer ? so they can use the name for their own sport ? how ridiculous and incoherent ,Also Football is mainly played with the feet, while American football is mainly played with the hands. It's fairly obvious to which sport football first refers too. The exception is America.
    Why do we call Hockey, Hockey? Why do we call Tennis, Tennis? Etc. You think i know? better yet, you think i care? It's a name.

    American football originated from football, or i'll just stoop down to the level of ignorance you continue to show and call it kick ball. Eventually, the rules of football changed, with the no use of hands. People who disliked that rule, created rugby. And in America, we created our own version of the game.

    American football is played with every part of your body. As there are many different positions, each utilizing different parts. Not every player's position requires them to throw or catch a ball.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    yes it is
    Well considering all your other posts, were comical, i can understand where your coming from. :lmao:
     
         

  8. #33
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    The amount of butthurt you express, never fails to make me laugh, LOL. I'll say this once again, get over it.
    Besides, why would they call 2 sports that originated around the same place, football?
    butthurt ? i wonder why..... since i failed to see any advantage that hand egg get over football, FOOTBALL is better and more popular they played it in every corner in this globe, it have continental tournament in every continent :shrug:
    what about hand egg ?, if there is someone who get butthurt its you young guns

    why would they called 2 sports that originated around the same place football ? LOL, the question is why would they called hand egg football while the name already belong to other sport ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Ironic, once again.
    Yeah, who gives a shit. It was just an example. Just brush aside the fact that it has happened numerous times.
    ironic ? LOL that's my line again young guns, you blatantly compared sport to weapons out of nowhere ? no one gives shit about weapons but sport is different thing...... ripping off is never a good thing young guns its so sad seeing one so young trying to justified it with half asset logic:sy:




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Why do we call Hockey, Hockey? Why do we call Tennis, Tennis? Etc. You think i know? better yet, you think i care? It's a name.

    American football originated from football, or i'll just stoop down to the level of ignorance you continue to show and call it kick ball. Eventually, the rules of football changed, with the no use of hands. People who disliked that rule, created rugby. And in America, we created our own version of the game.

    American football is played with every part of your body. As there are many different positions, each utilizing different parts. Not every player's position requires them to throw or catch a ball.
    oh really ?

    When soccer -- more universally known as "football" (which of course makes sense because football players use their feet) -- players decided to change their centuries-old game with restrictions such as the no-use-of- hand rules, people who disliked this broke away to create rugby. In the states we have created our own version of the game under the same old name "football" (Gridiron) with more of a rugby style, the whole time forgetting why we call it that.
    so the reason you think its safe to called hand egg football is because you think they also kick the ball ?
    look what your fellow American said "the whole time forgetting why we call it that" they forget why would they call it football so they just stick with it, not because they also kick the ball, its because American Football is originated from Soccer


    am pretty sure you don't know why the Americans called football soccer so i''l just explain it to you,where's this SOCCER come from.......

    The British invented Football, full name Association football, the term football is the formal name while soccer is its nickname that was created by the English in order to distinguish it from rugby football. Soccer became a shortened reference to the word asSOCiation football. Therefore, Football's nickname soccer is often used to refer to football in countries where another form of football exist...example..

    United States of America = Gridiron (American football)

    Australia = Aussie Rules (Australian football)

    Although...Australia have now referred back to the formal name Football having replaced soccer with Football in its official title.
     
         

  9. #34
    Senpai1507's Avatar
    Status
    Senpai1507 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    378
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh
     

    Re: Troll Football

    lolololololololololol i think best was drogba flirting with camera xD
     
         

  10. #35
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    butthurt ? i wonder why..... since i failed to see any advantage that hand egg get over football, FOOTBALL is better and more popular they played it in every corner in this globe, it have continental tournament in every continent :shrug:
    what about hand egg ?, if there is someone who get butthurt its you young guns

    why would they called 2 sports that originated around the same place football ? LOL, the question is why would they called hand egg football while the name already belong to other sport ?
    Kickball being better then Football is your own personal opinion , ignorance at its finest, once again. I'm not arguing which one is better because it would be pointless, as its an opinion. In America, the shittiest music artists have the biggest fanbase (Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne, etc.) does that mean they are the best? No.

    Different countries, different culture. Do they have one name for everything in the world?


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    ironic ? LOL that's my line again young guns, you blatantly compared sport to weapons out of nowhere ? no one gives shit about weapons but sport is different thing...... ripping off is never a good thing young guns its so sad seeing one so young trying to justified it with half asset logic:sy:
    Everything is your line huh, young guns LOL. I did not compare them, i made it as an example. Theres a huge difference. whatever you say pal, the same thing goes for such a troubled individual being so butthurt over a matter so petty as a name, of which will not change.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    so the reason you think its safe to called hand egg football is because you think they also kick the ball ?
    look what your fellow American said "the whole time forgetting why we call it that" they forget why would they call it football so they just stick with it, not because they also kick the ball, its because American Football is originated from Soccer
    How many times am i going to repeat myself LOL, F-O-O-T isn't an indication to kicking something.
    So your taking what one random American said, and just justifying it completely, without any real proof that, "we forgot why we called it that" is actually the case?
    Didn't I just say American Football was originated from Soccer? Why even repeat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    am pretty sure you don't know why the Americans called football soccer so i''l just explain it to you,where's this SOCCER come from.......

    The British invented Football, full name Association football, the term football is the formal name while soccer is its nickname that was created by the English in order to distinguish it from rugby football. Soccer became a shortened reference to the word asSOCiation football. Therefore, Football's nickname soccer is often used to refer to football in countries where another form of football exist...example..

    United States of America = Gridiron (American football)

    Australia = Aussie Rules (Australian football)

    Although...Australia have now referred back to the formal name Football having replaced soccer with Football in its official title.
    No i actually didn't know where we got the name soccer, that was interesting. An actual post that was actually informing. *claps hands*
     
         

  11. #36
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Kickball being better then Football is your own personal opinion , ignorance at its finest, once again. I'm not arguing which one is better because it would be pointless, as its an opinion. In America, the shittiest music artists have the biggest fanbase (Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne, etc.) does that mean they are the best? No.

    Different countries, different culture. Do they have one name for everything in the world?
    nope its not my personal opinion its fact but of course not for Americans,
    different countries different culture, but it doesn't mean that they have to use the original sport name that they copy, they could easily called it American Rugby(or use their original name gridiron but no they just have to use FOOTBALL,

    in japan they called Football soccer and called American football Amefuto(american futtubolu), you see they add american to your football game, because if they called it Football then people will think its soccer......




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Everything is your line huh, young guns LOL. I did not compare them, i made it as an example. Theres a huge difference. whatever you say pal, the same thing goes for such a troubled individual being so butthurt over a matter so petty as a name, of which will not change.
    butthurt over a name ? that's you there young guns, i reckon that you mad cause i call it hand egg LOL




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    How many times am i going to repeat myself LOL, F-O-O-T isn't an indication to kicking something.
    So your taking what one random American said, and just justifying it completely, without any real proof that, "we forgot why we called it that" is actually the case?
    Didn't I just say American Football was originated from Soccer? Why even repeat that.
    at least that random american guy know his sport history, am pretty sure you don't know a thing about why its called football....
     
         

  12. #37
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    nope its not my personal opinion its fact but of course not for Americans,
    different countries different culture, but it doesn't mean that they have to use the original sport name that they copy, they could easily called it American Rugby(or use their original name gridiron but no they just have to use FOOTBALL,

    in japan they called Football soccer and called American football Amefuto(american futtubolu), you see they add american to your football game, because if they called it Football then people will think its soccer......
    @ Bold- , nice contradiction. How is it a fact if a whole country disagrees, as you just said. That means its disputable, not a fact.
    And I think you're forgetting, what I initially said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    My point was its called football. If your not American, at least have the decency in calling it American football, as it's not hand egg LOL. It's like your trying to tell me Naruto is called Sasuke, because where you live, they like to call it Sasuke for whatever dumb reason it may be. It's not even arguable. Saying your soccer is football and our football is hand eggs, is pure ignorance.



    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    butthurt over a name ? that's you there young guns, i reckon that you mad cause i call it hand egg LOL
    Ehh, yeah, maybe just a tad bit before. But that was when I actually took you serious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    at least that random american guy know his sport history, am pretty sure you don't know a thing about why its called football....
    That random american guy, of which isn't even certain if he was even American, was speaking on his own opinion. Who is he to say "we forgot why we called it football" if he didn't come up with the decision himself. Like i said, that doesn't justify anything.
     
         

  13. #38
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    @ Bold- , nice contradiction. How is it a fact if a whole country disagrees, as you just said. That means its disputable, not a fact.
    And I think you're forgetting, what I initially said.
    so if American disagree then its not a fact ? disputable ? LOL spare me the BS, can you really guarantee that all Americans think think their football is the real football ? i can assure i come across a guy who actually said its wrong to called American Football Football.... so this claim of yours is false


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    That random american guy, of which isn't even certain if he was even American, was speaking on his own opinion. Who is he to say "we forgot why we called it football" if he didn't come up with the decision himself. Like i said, that doesn't justify anything.
    he's american, and he actually have knowledge about the sport history, so we can take his opinion, as american yourself do you know why its called football ?

    or let me ask you, which sport deserve the football name, European Football or American Football ?
     
         

  14. #39
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    so if American disagree then its not a fact ? disputable ? LOL spare me the BS, can you really guarantee that all Americans think think their football is the real football ? i can assure i come across a guy who actually said its wrong to called American Football Football.... so this claim of yours is false
    I'm losing interest in even discussing with you, due to your complete ridiculousness. Do you know what a fact is? It means its indisputable. Meaning unable to be challenged or denied. If the majority of an entire country disagrees, that means its disputable. Meaning open to question or debate. Therefore, not at all a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    he's american, and he actually have knowledge about the sport history, so we can take his opinion, as american yourself do you know why its called football ?

    or let me ask you, which sport deserve the football name, European Football or American Football ?
    @ Bold- proof?

    No, I do not know why it's called football, enlighten me.

    Well, considering that European football was of existence first, I would say European. That still doesn't justify that, America, as it's own country has to go with what Europeans like to call it. We didn't separate from Great Britain to abide with there rules and culture, now did we.
     
         

  15. #40
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I'm losing interest in even discussing with you, due to your complete ridiculousness. Do you know what a fact is? It means its indisputable. Meaning unable to be challenged or denied. If the majority of an entire country disagrees, that means its disputable. Meaning open to question or debate. Therefore, not at all a fact.
    oh really ? then how you dispute that soccer is better than American football ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    @ Bold- proof?

    No, I do not know why it's called football, enlighten me.
    because of what he say, that alone explain that he's american and looking from your answer it looks like hes's right that the american don't even know why their sport called football, they forget why LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Well, considering that European football was of existence first, I would say European. That still doesn't justify that, America, as it's own country has to go with what Europeans like to call it. We didn't separate from Great Britain to abide with there rules and culture, now did we.
    touche...... then the real football is the one in Europe....
     
         
    Last edited by Totsuka No Tsurugi; 12-05-2012 at 07:52 AM.

  16. #41
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    oh really ? then how you dispute that soccer is better than American football ?
    As i said, it's opinion based. Your arrogance led you to believe its a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    because of what he say, that alone explain that he's american and looking from your answer it looks like hes's right that the american don't even know why their sport called football, they forget why LOL
    no proof, enough said. Anybody could say anything on the world wide web.
    I don't know why its called football, because i personally don't care. Just like i don't know why tennis is tennis, hockey is hockey, golfing is golfing, etc. I don't care. If one would do some research, then im positive a solution will be found.

    To be honest, i didn't even know that Europeans called soccer football before learning that on this site. I thought it was only called soccer, and in South America, futbol.
     
         

  17. #42
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    As i said, it's opinion based. Your arrogance led you to believe its a fact.
    see, you have nothing to say because its plain obvious that soccer shit on american football, its just that its hard for you to admit it



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    no proof, enough said. Anybody could say anything on the world wide web.
    I don't know why its called football, because i personally don't care. Just like i don't know why tennis is tennis, hockey is hockey, golfing is golfing, etc. I don't care. If one would do some research, then im positive a solution will be found.
    what he write was posted in a thread when some noob asked that question, it was chosen as the best answer, looking by what he said then am pretty sure that he was american since he wouldn't know that much if it was not.....

    why tennis called tennis ? "Tennis" comes from the French word "Tenez!" (Imperative of tenir) essentially "Catch that!",
    why hockey called hockey ? The name "hockie" (now Hockey) seems to have been first recorded in Ireland in 1527 and probably comes from the French word "hoquet" meaning "shepherds crook". It's called hockey (Ice or Roller) because it is a variation of Field Hockey (Offical Name Hockey, formally known as Field Hockey). Some also say that in the old days, when hockey was being invented, they had to use the only part of the livestock that they couldn't sell at market, the boney Hock. The Hock is the horse or cow equivelant of our heel.

    see ? they actually have some explanation and history, or you can just judge it they way played it, like Basketball, they have basket and a Ball.
     
         

  18. #43
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Troll Football

    I'm not here to argue one way or another, I'm just here to say it is what it is. I know, it sucks, its confusing, and doesnt make much sense. But as Americans we know American football as football. That being said, if I were in Europe and I heard people talking about football I'd know they were talking about what I know as soccer. Try to show a little tollerance to each other, make like a bridge, and get over it.

    Edit: this may prove an interesting read
    Origin of th word "Soccer"
     
         
    Last edited by Scary Yamato; 12-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.

  19. #44
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    see, you have nothing to say because its plain obvious that soccer shit on american football, its just that its hard for you to admit it
    No, because it would be pointless. It will just spark up a never ending argument, that will never change neither of our opinions. Plus I do not wish to discus any further with a person that has shown such ignorance and ridiculousness such as yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I'm not here to argue one way or another, I'm just here to say it is what it is. I know, it sucks, its confusing, and doesnt make much sense. But as Americans we know American football as football. That being said, if I were in Europe and I heard people talking about football I'd know they were talking about what I know as soccer. Try to show a little tollerance to each other, make like a bridge, and get over it.

    Edit: this may prove an interesting read
    Origin of th word "Soccer"
    I don't even know why I even bothered in the first place. I only stated that our version of football wasn't called egg-ball, and if your not American, at least call it American Football. That was all. But he decided to escalate it to this, and now he wants to argue which one is better, when any rational person would agree its opinion based.
     
         

  20. #45
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    No, because it would be pointless. It will just spark up a never ending argument, that will never change neither of our opinions. Plus I do not wish to discus any further with a person that has shown such ignorance and ridiculousness such as yourself.
    that line shows your true intention why you don't want to continue this, deep down you know that there is no way for you to argue over that matter.. that's why throwing an insult is the least you can do





    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I don't even know why I even bothered in the first place. I only stated that our version of football wasn't called egg-ball, and if your not American, at least call it American Football. That was all. But he decided to escalate it to this, and now he wants to argue which one is better, when any rational person would agree its opinion based.
    ok look, people entitled to their own opinion yes ? but why do you think there is an agreement ? lets take election as example, some people chose Obama the rest chose Romney, so how they decide which one is the best for the country ?
    if they were using their opinion based like you said and being rational (which is not that's what you called selfish) then there will be no end for it,

    that's why the majority will always be declares as a fact as long as they have reason and cause to back it up, one can't just say "cause i like that's why i want it" and think that as a fact.
     
         

  21. #46
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    that line shows your true intention why you don't want to continue this, deep down you know that there is no way for you to argue over that matter.. that's why throwing an insult is the least you can do
    Does that even make sense? Because I threw in an insult as a reason why I don't want to continue discussing with you, that means I can't argue to why I think Football is better then soccer? Even though i stated that i was loosing interest in discussing with you well before you wanted to debate which is a better sport. I would have no problem discussing anything with a humble and modest person.

    And deep down, I rather watch grass grow then a soccer game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    ok look, people entitled to their own opinion yes ? but why do you think there is an agreement ? lets take election as example, some people chose Obama the rest chose Romney, so how they decide which one is the best for the country ?
    if they were using their opinion based like you said and being rational (which is not that's what you called selfish) then there will be no end for it,
    That is a complete different situation. People vote for who they think will benefit them and/or the country more. There is no definite answer to who truly would be the best president before they are elected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    that's why the majority will always be declares as a fact as long as they have reason and cause to back it up, one can't just say "cause i like that's why i want it" and think that as a fact.
    Completely wrong. The majority rules, but they don't make something a guaranteed fact. Using your own own example, with the presidential election. The majority voted for President George Bush. He was an awful president, even worse in his second term when the majority re-elected him. Another example, with music. I don't know if your familiar with American artists, but people like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, etc., have the biggest of fan bases, when there are tons of people who make better music then them. Another example. In Naruto, Itachi has one of the biggest fan bases, does that make it a guaranteed fact that he is the best/strongest character in the series?

    Now i'll give you some examples of Facts
    Naruto is called Naruto. That is a fact.
    Football is called football. That is a fact.
    Drinking too much alcohol will get you drunk. That is a fact.
    America has 50 states. That is a fact.

    And so on. Please understand the difference between a fact and your opinion.

    @ Bold: Isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing?
     
         

  22. #47
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Does that even make sense? Because I threw in an insult as a reason why I don't want to continue discussing with you, that means I can't argue to why I think Football is better then soccer? Even though i stated that i was loosing interest in discussing with you well before you wanted to debate which is a better sport. I would have no problem discussing anything with a humble and modest person.

    And deep down, I rather watch grass grow then a soccer game.
    humble and modest person huh ? says the guy who throw an insult,
    and finally you insult soccer LOL that explain why you think American Football is better, its simply cause you don't like soccer, while me in the other watch both sport and enjoy it (thought i don't know any Amefuto players and team), but still i understand the rule and enjoy the game, that's why i can judge which one is better...........


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    That is a complete different situation. People vote for who they think will benefit them and/or the country more. There is no definite answer to who truly would be the best president before they are elected.

    not really there's also something called favoritism, in the end of the day the elected President will work and try to benefit all citizen even for those who don't vote for him.............


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Completely wrong. The majority rules, but they don't make something a guaranteed fact. Using your own own example, with the presidential election. The majority voted for President George Bush. He was an awful president, even worse in his second term when the majority re-elected him. Another example, with music. I don't know if your familiar with American artists, but people like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, etc., have the biggest of fan bases, when there are tons of people who make better music then them. Another example. In Naruto, Itachi has one of the biggest fan bases, does that make it a guaranteed fact that he is the best/strongest character in the series?
    you completely misunderstood what i mean, something like you mention up there except for the presidential election, cannot be determined by who have more fans, you can't bring something like that to table and discuss it because music type change every single year, there are times when R&B is the most popular and so on......... it change in every age,

    and no Naruto still has the biggest fanbase in the world together with kakashi, did you even see the last popularity contest ? but that's the thing with popularity contest, they don't judge someone from their skill they just say it cause they like seeing the character they have no reason whatsoever.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Now i'll give you some examples of Facts
    Naruto is called Naruto. That is a fact.
    Football is called football. That is a fact.
    Drinking too much alcohol will get you drunk. That is a fact.
    America has 50 states. That is a fact.

    And so on. Please understand the difference between a fact and your opinion.

    @ Bold: Isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing?
    opinion and fact come in hand to hand, fact is something that you can explain with good reason and cause which is coming from opinion, why do you think kishimoto called his manga naruto ? he has for that

    why do you think people called Football Football ? they also have reason for that and so on.....

    BOLD: ? that's what you exactly want to do by calling this opinion based, cause you don't know a thing about football then that's mean you have no right to comment it let alone determine which is better, while me in the other hand have reason and cause and i can explain why i think the other one is better................
     
         

  23. #48
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Troll Football

    Football being called football, whether it be American, Association, Gaelic, or Austrailian, is a matter of what region you are currently occupying. Whether one is better than another is a matter of opinion, not fact. While Soccer (dont take offense to my use of the word, its just how its used in my country) may be the most popular sport worldwide, it still doesnt make it the better sport, because "better" is a relative word that changes from person to person. Its like saying "I'm better than you at sports because I'm faster" while the other person thinks they are better because they are more coordinated and stronger. Neither is better, they each just have different qualities that people find appealing.
     
         

  24. #49
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    humble and modest person huh ? says the guy who throw an insult,
    and finally you insult soccer LOL that explain why you think American Football is better, its simply cause you don't like soccer, while me in the other watch both sport and enjoy it (thought i don't know any Amefuto players and team), but still i understand the rule and enjoy the game, that's why i can judge which one is better...........
    Exactly. I don't like soccer, not even in the slightest bit. Mainly because I had a teacher in the past, that pretty much forced me and his class to watch La Liga 360 and other soccer related stuff.
    It is also because of him that I know some soccer teams and players. My teacher was a HUGE Real Madrid fan, so i know a lot about the team. I know of Iker Casillas, my teacher says he is the best goal keeper of all time. I know of Sergio Ramos, and Ronaldo. I know of there rivals Barcelona, who has Messi. I know of Valencia, who has David Villa and If my memory serves me correct, they are nick named the yellow submarines? I also know that these are called club teams. This information is about 3 years old however, so im not up to date.

    I also know some of the rules of soccer, as i played it for 2 years when i was a child.

    So I do think i have enough knowledge in both sports (seems like I know more about your football then you know of mine)


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    you completely misunderstood what i mean, something like you mention up there except for the presidential election, cannot be determined by who have more fans, you can't bring something like that to table and discuss it because music type change every single year, there are times when R&B is the most popular and so on......... it change in every age,
    What do you mean music type changes every single year? Those artists i've mentioned have been on top of the charts for much longer then a single year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    and no Naruto still has the biggest fanbase in the world together with kakashi, did you even see the last popularity contest ? but that's the thing with popularity contest, they don't judge someone from their skill they just say it cause they like seeing the character they have no reason whatsoever.....
    No I didn't, I didn't even know there was one. I was just going by the popularity of the character on this site. so how does that help prove your statement, that its a fact that your football is better then American Football because more people like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    opinion and fact come in hand to hand, fact is something that you can explain with good reason and cause which is coming from opinion, why do you think kishimoto called his manga naruto ? he has for that

    why do you think people called Football Football ? they also have reason for that and so on.....
    But there is a difference between an opinion and a fact.
    Some Examples:
    Fact: today the temperature is 22 degrees C.
    Opinion: Today it is mild to warm.

    Fact: Drink too much alcohol and you get drunk.
    Opinion: Alcohol is bad for society.

    Fact: Drinking alcohol diminishes driving ability.
    Opinion: Drunk drivers should be locked away.

    Fact: Japan condones the harvesting of whales.
    Opinion: Killing whales id bad.


    Do you see the difference? You can't argue against those facts, however you can argue against the opinions. The same applies with you saying your Football is better then American Football. It isn't a fact, it's an opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    BOLD: ? that's what you exactly want to do by calling this opinion based, cause you don't know a thing about football then that's mean you have no right to comment it let alone determine which is better, while me in the other hand have reason and cause and i can explain why i think the other one is better................
    I already proved I know about soccer. I know the rules, I know how it is played, and I also know of teams and players.

    I would like to know what you know about football. You of which admitted you don't know any teams or players. So you can't even distinguish the good teams from the bad, which are the better games to watch, which players to look for, etc. So basically, your just blindly watching, without really even know whats fully going on.
     
         

  25. #50
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Troll Football

    Fun Fact: American Football (or "Football" as it is known in America) originated as Football (soccer) which then adapted rugby rules, and as colleges played each other, they adapted new rules. So the name "football" is actually true to its roots :3
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •