Page 3 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
Results 41 to 60 of 69
  1. #41
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    oh really ? then how you dispute that soccer is better than American football ?
    As i said, it's opinion based. Your arrogance led you to believe its a fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    because of what he say, that alone explain that he's american and looking from your answer it looks like hes's right that the american don't even know why their sport called football, they forget why LOL
    no proof, enough said. Anybody could say anything on the world wide web.
    I don't know why its called football, because i personally don't care. Just like i don't know why tennis is tennis, hockey is hockey, golfing is golfing, etc. I don't care. If one would do some research, then im positive a solution will be found.

    To be honest, i didn't even know that Europeans called soccer football before learning that on this site. I thought it was only called soccer, and in South America, futbol.
     
         

  2. #42
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    As i said, it's opinion based. Your arrogance led you to believe its a fact.
    see, you have nothing to say because its plain obvious that soccer shit on american football, its just that its hard for you to admit it



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    no proof, enough said. Anybody could say anything on the world wide web.
    I don't know why its called football, because i personally don't care. Just like i don't know why tennis is tennis, hockey is hockey, golfing is golfing, etc. I don't care. If one would do some research, then im positive a solution will be found.
    what he write was posted in a thread when some noob asked that question, it was chosen as the best answer, looking by what he said then am pretty sure that he was american since he wouldn't know that much if it was not.....

    why tennis called tennis ? "Tennis" comes from the French word "Tenez!" (Imperative of tenir) essentially "Catch that!",
    why hockey called hockey ? The name "hockie" (now Hockey) seems to have been first recorded in Ireland in 1527 and probably comes from the French word "hoquet" meaning "shepherds crook". It's called hockey (Ice or Roller) because it is a variation of Field Hockey (Offical Name Hockey, formally known as Field Hockey). Some also say that in the old days, when hockey was being invented, they had to use the only part of the livestock that they couldn't sell at market, the boney Hock. The Hock is the horse or cow equivelant of our heel.

    see ? they actually have some explanation and history, or you can just judge it they way played it, like Basketball, they have basket and a Ball.
     
         

  3. #43
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Troll Football

    I'm not here to argue one way or another, I'm just here to say it is what it is. I know, it sucks, its confusing, and doesnt make much sense. But as Americans we know American football as football. That being said, if I were in Europe and I heard people talking about football I'd know they were talking about what I know as soccer. Try to show a little tollerance to each other, make like a bridge, and get over it.

    Edit: this may prove an interesting read
    Origin of th word "Soccer"
     
         
    Last edited by Scary Yamato; 12-05-2012 at 04:16 PM.

  4. #44
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    see, you have nothing to say because its plain obvious that soccer shit on american football, its just that its hard for you to admit it
    No, because it would be pointless. It will just spark up a never ending argument, that will never change neither of our opinions. Plus I do not wish to discus any further with a person that has shown such ignorance and ridiculousness such as yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I'm not here to argue one way or another, I'm just here to say it is what it is. I know, it sucks, its confusing, and doesnt make much sense. But as Americans we know American football as football. That being said, if I were in Europe and I heard people talking about football I'd know they were talking about what I know as soccer. Try to show a little tollerance to each other, make like a bridge, and get over it.

    Edit: this may prove an interesting read
    Origin of th word "Soccer"
    I don't even know why I even bothered in the first place. I only stated that our version of football wasn't called egg-ball, and if your not American, at least call it American Football. That was all. But he decided to escalate it to this, and now he wants to argue which one is better, when any rational person would agree its opinion based.
     
         

  5. #45
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    No, because it would be pointless. It will just spark up a never ending argument, that will never change neither of our opinions. Plus I do not wish to discus any further with a person that has shown such ignorance and ridiculousness such as yourself.
    that line shows your true intention why you don't want to continue this, deep down you know that there is no way for you to argue over that matter.. that's why throwing an insult is the least you can do





    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I don't even know why I even bothered in the first place. I only stated that our version of football wasn't called egg-ball, and if your not American, at least call it American Football. That was all. But he decided to escalate it to this, and now he wants to argue which one is better, when any rational person would agree its opinion based.
    ok look, people entitled to their own opinion yes ? but why do you think there is an agreement ? lets take election as example, some people chose Obama the rest chose Romney, so how they decide which one is the best for the country ?
    if they were using their opinion based like you said and being rational (which is not that's what you called selfish) then there will be no end for it,

    that's why the majority will always be declares as a fact as long as they have reason and cause to back it up, one can't just say "cause i like that's why i want it" and think that as a fact.
     
         

  6. #46
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    that line shows your true intention why you don't want to continue this, deep down you know that there is no way for you to argue over that matter.. that's why throwing an insult is the least you can do
    Does that even make sense? Because I threw in an insult as a reason why I don't want to continue discussing with you, that means I can't argue to why I think Football is better then soccer? Even though i stated that i was loosing interest in discussing with you well before you wanted to debate which is a better sport. I would have no problem discussing anything with a humble and modest person.

    And deep down, I rather watch grass grow then a soccer game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    ok look, people entitled to their own opinion yes ? but why do you think there is an agreement ? lets take election as example, some people chose Obama the rest chose Romney, so how they decide which one is the best for the country ?
    if they were using their opinion based like you said and being rational (which is not that's what you called selfish) then there will be no end for it,
    That is a complete different situation. People vote for who they think will benefit them and/or the country more. There is no definite answer to who truly would be the best president before they are elected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    that's why the majority will always be declares as a fact as long as they have reason and cause to back it up, one can't just say "cause i like that's why i want it" and think that as a fact.
    Completely wrong. The majority rules, but they don't make something a guaranteed fact. Using your own own example, with the presidential election. The majority voted for President George Bush. He was an awful president, even worse in his second term when the majority re-elected him. Another example, with music. I don't know if your familiar with American artists, but people like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, etc., have the biggest of fan bases, when there are tons of people who make better music then them. Another example. In Naruto, Itachi has one of the biggest fan bases, does that make it a guaranteed fact that he is the best/strongest character in the series?

    Now i'll give you some examples of Facts
    Naruto is called Naruto. That is a fact.
    Football is called football. That is a fact.
    Drinking too much alcohol will get you drunk. That is a fact.
    America has 50 states. That is a fact.

    And so on. Please understand the difference between a fact and your opinion.

    @ Bold: Isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing?
     
         

  7. #47
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Does that even make sense? Because I threw in an insult as a reason why I don't want to continue discussing with you, that means I can't argue to why I think Football is better then soccer? Even though i stated that i was loosing interest in discussing with you well before you wanted to debate which is a better sport. I would have no problem discussing anything with a humble and modest person.

    And deep down, I rather watch grass grow then a soccer game.
    humble and modest person huh ? says the guy who throw an insult,
    and finally you insult soccer LOL that explain why you think American Football is better, its simply cause you don't like soccer, while me in the other watch both sport and enjoy it (thought i don't know any Amefuto players and team), but still i understand the rule and enjoy the game, that's why i can judge which one is better...........


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    That is a complete different situation. People vote for who they think will benefit them and/or the country more. There is no definite answer to who truly would be the best president before they are elected.

    not really there's also something called favoritism, in the end of the day the elected President will work and try to benefit all citizen even for those who don't vote for him.............


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Completely wrong. The majority rules, but they don't make something a guaranteed fact. Using your own own example, with the presidential election. The majority voted for President George Bush. He was an awful president, even worse in his second term when the majority re-elected him. Another example, with music. I don't know if your familiar with American artists, but people like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Lady GaGa, Rihanna, etc., have the biggest of fan bases, when there are tons of people who make better music then them. Another example. In Naruto, Itachi has one of the biggest fan bases, does that make it a guaranteed fact that he is the best/strongest character in the series?
    you completely misunderstood what i mean, something like you mention up there except for the presidential election, cannot be determined by who have more fans, you can't bring something like that to table and discuss it because music type change every single year, there are times when R&B is the most popular and so on......... it change in every age,

    and no Naruto still has the biggest fanbase in the world together with kakashi, did you even see the last popularity contest ? but that's the thing with popularity contest, they don't judge someone from their skill they just say it cause they like seeing the character they have no reason whatsoever.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Now i'll give you some examples of Facts
    Naruto is called Naruto. That is a fact.
    Football is called football. That is a fact.
    Drinking too much alcohol will get you drunk. That is a fact.
    America has 50 states. That is a fact.

    And so on. Please understand the difference between a fact and your opinion.

    @ Bold: Isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing?
    opinion and fact come in hand to hand, fact is something that you can explain with good reason and cause which is coming from opinion, why do you think kishimoto called his manga naruto ? he has for that

    why do you think people called Football Football ? they also have reason for that and so on.....

    BOLD: ? that's what you exactly want to do by calling this opinion based, cause you don't know a thing about football then that's mean you have no right to comment it let alone determine which is better, while me in the other hand have reason and cause and i can explain why i think the other one is better................
     
         

  8. #48
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Troll Football

    Football being called football, whether it be American, Association, Gaelic, or Austrailian, is a matter of what region you are currently occupying. Whether one is better than another is a matter of opinion, not fact. While Soccer (dont take offense to my use of the word, its just how its used in my country) may be the most popular sport worldwide, it still doesnt make it the better sport, because "better" is a relative word that changes from person to person. Its like saying "I'm better than you at sports because I'm faster" while the other person thinks they are better because they are more coordinated and stronger. Neither is better, they each just have different qualities that people find appealing.
     
         

  9. #49
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    humble and modest person huh ? says the guy who throw an insult,
    and finally you insult soccer LOL that explain why you think American Football is better, its simply cause you don't like soccer, while me in the other watch both sport and enjoy it (thought i don't know any Amefuto players and team), but still i understand the rule and enjoy the game, that's why i can judge which one is better...........
    Exactly. I don't like soccer, not even in the slightest bit. Mainly because I had a teacher in the past, that pretty much forced me and his class to watch La Liga 360 and other soccer related stuff.
    It is also because of him that I know some soccer teams and players. My teacher was a HUGE Real Madrid fan, so i know a lot about the team. I know of Iker Casillas, my teacher says he is the best goal keeper of all time. I know of Sergio Ramos, and Ronaldo. I know of there rivals Barcelona, who has Messi. I know of Valencia, who has David Villa and If my memory serves me correct, they are nick named the yellow submarines? I also know that these are called club teams. This information is about 3 years old however, so im not up to date.

    I also know some of the rules of soccer, as i played it for 2 years when i was a child.

    So I do think i have enough knowledge in both sports (seems like I know more about your football then you know of mine)


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    you completely misunderstood what i mean, something like you mention up there except for the presidential election, cannot be determined by who have more fans, you can't bring something like that to table and discuss it because music type change every single year, there are times when R&B is the most popular and so on......... it change in every age,
    What do you mean music type changes every single year? Those artists i've mentioned have been on top of the charts for much longer then a single year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    and no Naruto still has the biggest fanbase in the world together with kakashi, did you even see the last popularity contest ? but that's the thing with popularity contest, they don't judge someone from their skill they just say it cause they like seeing the character they have no reason whatsoever.....
    No I didn't, I didn't even know there was one. I was just going by the popularity of the character on this site. so how does that help prove your statement, that its a fact that your football is better then American Football because more people like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    opinion and fact come in hand to hand, fact is something that you can explain with good reason and cause which is coming from opinion, why do you think kishimoto called his manga naruto ? he has for that

    why do you think people called Football Football ? they also have reason for that and so on.....
    But there is a difference between an opinion and a fact.
    Some Examples:
    Fact: today the temperature is 22 degrees C.
    Opinion: Today it is mild to warm.

    Fact: Drink too much alcohol and you get drunk.
    Opinion: Alcohol is bad for society.

    Fact: Drinking alcohol diminishes driving ability.
    Opinion: Drunk drivers should be locked away.

    Fact: Japan condones the harvesting of whales.
    Opinion: Killing whales id bad.


    Do you see the difference? You can't argue against those facts, however you can argue against the opinions. The same applies with you saying your Football is better then American Football. It isn't a fact, it's an opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    BOLD: ? that's what you exactly want to do by calling this opinion based, cause you don't know a thing about football then that's mean you have no right to comment it let alone determine which is better, while me in the other hand have reason and cause and i can explain why i think the other one is better................
    I already proved I know about soccer. I know the rules, I know how it is played, and I also know of teams and players.

    I would like to know what you know about football. You of which admitted you don't know any teams or players. So you can't even distinguish the good teams from the bad, which are the better games to watch, which players to look for, etc. So basically, your just blindly watching, without really even know whats fully going on.
     
         

  10. #50
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Troll Football

    Fun Fact: American Football (or "Football" as it is known in America) originated as Football (soccer) which then adapted rugby rules, and as colleges played each other, they adapted new rules. So the name "football" is actually true to its roots :3
     
         

  11. #51
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Exactly. I don't like soccer, not even in the slightest bit. Mainly because I had a teacher in the past, that pretty much forced me and his class to watch La Liga 360 and other soccer related stuff.
    It is also because of him that I know some soccer teams and players. My teacher was a HUGE Real Madrid fan, so i know a lot about the team. I know of Iker Casillas, my teacher says he is the best goal keeper of all time. I know of Sergio Ramos, and Ronaldo. I know of there rivals Barcelona, who has Messi. I know of Valencia, who has David Villa and If my memory serves me correct, they are nick named the yellow submarines? I also know that these are called club teams. This information is about 3 years old however, so im not up to date.

    I also know some of the rules of soccer, as i played it for 2 years when i was a child.

    So I do think i have enough knowledge in both sports (seems like I know more about your football then you know of mine)
    that's not enough, you see Soccer is global wide sport almost every country have that as their number 1 Favorite sport, so you can easily recognize all the players truth be told the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo is a lot more famous than some Hollywood actors,

    by the way the team which called the yellow submarine is Villareal, Valencia nick name is El Che which mean The Bat, but i don't think you care about that,

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    What do you mean music type changes every single year? Those artists i've mentioned have been on top of the charts for much longer then a single year.
    nah my bad what i mean is all type of music have their own age, like i said after that pardon my tardiness

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    No I didn't, I didn't even know there was one. I was just going by the popularity of the character on this site. so how does that help prove your statement, that its a fact that your football is better then American Football because more people like it.
    not only cause more people like it, Soccer also gives people the Drama that no one ever expected, like a lot more WEAKER team win against unbelievably strong team, i guess you can't understand that so let me phrase it this way,
    Ten Ten can win against Edo Madara, that doesn't make any sense right ?, i can still go on about why Football is better, but am really tired right now, i only sleep for 2 hours since yesterday so i'll reply the rest tomorrow


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    But there is a difference between an opinion and a fact.
    Some Examples:
    Fact: today the temperature is 22 degrees C.
    Opinion: Today it is mild to warm.

    Fact: Drink too much alcohol and you get drunk.
    Opinion: Alcohol is bad for society.

    Fact: Drinking alcohol diminishes driving ability.
    Opinion: Drunk drivers should be locked away.

    Fact: Japan condones the harvesting of whales.
    Opinion: Killing whales id bad.


    Do you see the difference? You can't argue against those facts, however you can argue against the opinions. The same applies with you saying your Football is better then American Football. It isn't a fact, it's an opinion.
    and the reason why today is mild warm is ? temperature is 22 degrees C.

    Alcohol is bad for society. why ? because if you were drunk you will get involve in all kinds of trouble

    see ? there are reason behind it, that's why its fact.............. it was derived from opinion and declare as a fact, nonetheless its fact but people still argue for it cause they are Alcohol addict even in some countries Alcoholic drink is part of their tradition, while the fact stated tt was not a good think, just like you here by denying that soccer is better just because you don't like it,

    at least do some explanation.......


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I already proved I know about soccer. I know the rules, I know how it is played, and I also know of teams and players.

    I would like to know what you know about football. You of which admitted you don't know any teams or players. So you can't even distinguish the good teams from the bad, which are the better games to watch, which players to look for, etc. So basically, your just blindly watching, without really even know whats fully going on.
    you see the moment you stated you don't like football it shows why you don't think football is better, at least i never insult American Football beside calling it hand egg (idk if you consider that as an insult) and also i enjoy the game i never hated it i like watching it,
    just because you know some team and players it doesn't mean you know the game, at least i understand whats going on in American football, its like saying one piece sucks while you only watch 2 episode out of 500++,

    that is why you can't explain why you think American Football is better than Soccer.............
    well i know some position in American Football li Quarter Back(the most important player in the game the control tower) we also have the same position in football its just they don't have the same name,

    in offense they have wide receiver,tight end and running back yes ?
    in defense they have that huge line made of Men i suppose the called defense line and the last line of defense is called linebacker yes ?
    they also have the kick team which kick the ball to start the game or score the field goal..........

    i also know that touchdown get 6 and they will get a chance to kick the ball in the goal which get 1 point but normal kick get 3 points yes ?
    by the what exactly they mean with First Down ? sometimes i see players get taken down and the referee said first down and the team player that got taken down will advance and make a new play in the place/line where the players got taken down.

    what i want to know is how it works ?
     
         
    Last edited by Totsuka No Tsurugi; 12-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.

  12. #52
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    that's not enough, you see Soccer is global wide sport almost every country have that as their number 1 Favorite sport, so you can easily recognize all the players truth be told the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo is a lot more famous than some Hollywood actors,
    Well that was just the main teams/players. I know some more, such as Chelsea, Liverpool, Etc. It still seems I know more about your football then you do of mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    not only cause more people like it, Soccer also gives people the Drama that no one ever expected, like a lot more WEAKER team win against unbelievably strong team, i guess you can't understand that so let me phrase it this way,
    Ten Ten can win against Edo Madara, that doesn't make any sense right ?, i can still go on about why Football is better, but am really tired right now, i only sleep for 2 hours since yesterday so i'll reply the rest tomorrow
    Do you really believe that only pertains to soccer? That applies with a lot of sports. A win comes down to who plays the better ball game, which is not in every case the better team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    see ? there are reason behind it, that's why its fact.............. it was derived from opinion and declare as a fact, nonetheless its fact but people still argue for it cause they are Alcohol addict even in some countries Alcoholic drink is part of their tradition, while the fact stated tt was not a good think, just like you here by denying that soccer is better just because you don't like it,

    at least do some explanation.......
    You're still not seeing it. It isn't an opinion that it 22 degrees outside, it's either 22 degrees or its not. It isn't disputable. Again, there is no disputing if you drink a lot of alcohol, would you get drunk or not. There facts.

    However you can dispute whether its mildly warm. Just like you can dispute whether alcohol is bad for society. Why? Because they are opinions.

    Right now, you are trying to dispute with me whether Soccer or Football is better. Therefore it is not a fact.

    You can not argue/debate/dispute against a fact.

    Now on why I don't like soccer:
    It is boring to watch. The ball is for the most part, just being kicked back and fourth. Too simple.
    A lot of ties. Self explained.
    A lot of flopping. It gets very annoying.
    Low scoring. In most cases, a few goals a game...I find that boring.
    No hands. I much prefer the use of hands, if not the whole body for a sport.

    This is all my personal opinion, of course. But I really just don't see the excitement in soccer. Playing it occasionally can be sometimes fun though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    you see the moment you stated you don't like football it shows why you don't think football is better, at least i never insult American Football beside calling it hand egg (idk if you consider that as an insult) and also i enjoy the game i never hated it i like watching it,
    just because you know some team and players it doesn't mean you know the game, at least i understand whats going on in American football, its like saying one piece sucks while you only watch 2 episode out of 500++,

    that is why you can't explain why you think American Football is better than Soccer.............
    well i know some position in American Football li Quarter Back(the most important player in the game the control tower) we also have the same position in football its just they don't have the same name,
    Of course me not liking soccer is a reason why I think football is better. I don't like hockey, racing, or golfing. Why? Because I do not enjoy playing it, nor watching it. It's just my own personal preference. My favorite sports to play and watch are Football, Basketball, and occasionally Baseball. That is why they are my favorite sports and much prefer them over the others.

    I played soccer for 2 years, I know how the game is played. If you really want me to explain, I will.

    And yes, calling football hand-egg was an insult. Otherwise, i would of never made a comment on this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    in offense they have wide receiver,tight end and running back yes ? Also a Quarterback and Offensive Line which is made up of a Center, Offensive guard, and Offensive tackle ( they protect the Quarterback)
    in defense they have that huge line made of Men i suppose the called defense line and the last line of defense is called linebacker yes ? The back of the defense is called the secondary, which is made up of Cornerbacks and Safetys
    they also have the kick team which kick the ball to start the game or score the field goal..........
    Its called special teams
    i also know that touchdown get 6 and they will get a chance to kick the ball in the goal which get 1 point but normal kick get 3 points yes ? Correct


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    by the what exactly they mean with First Down ? sometimes i see players get taken down and the referee said first down and the team player that got taken down will advance and make a new play in the place/line where the players got taken down.

    what i want to know is how it works ?
    In order to get a First Down you need to gain 10 yards, either my running it or throwing it. You have 3 chances to get a First Down.

    For example: its 1rst & 10 (meaning you need another 10 yards to gain another first down) Say you gain 3 yards on the play, it is now 2nd & 7 (2nd down). Next play say you gain 5 yards, it is now 3rd & 2 (3rd down, and you need to gain 2 more yards for a First down) Now, if you get the 2 or more yards, It goes back to First Down and you have to repeat the process all over again until you get into the end zone.

    However if you fail to get the yards on 3rd down, it will become 4th down. You have 2 choices on 4th down. You can either kick it back to the other team, or risk it and go for it. If you go for it, and you get the necessary yards needed it will be 1rst Down again, and you keep the ball. If you fail to gain the first down, the other team gets the ball at the exact spot you are at.

    Let me know if you understood all of that.
     
         
    Last edited by Forbidden Technique; 12-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.

  13. #53
    Sage equaled to Heaven Wukong's Avatar
    Status
    Wukong is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    315
    Location
    Florida
    Most Neutral Member on the
    Base!
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post

    I rofled so hard on this one.
     
         

  14. #54
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Well that was just the main teams/players. I know some more, such as Chelsea, Liverpool, Etc. It still seems I know more about your football then you do of mine.
    knowing the team doesn't mean you know the sport, as i said earlier Soccer is famous it was a world wide sport, so even for a people who don't like Soccer they're bound to know what team that exist in Soccer,
    let alone the fact that you don't watch it

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Do you really believe that only pertains to soccer? That applies with a lot of sports. A win comes down to who plays the better ball game, which is not in every case the better team.
    @BOLD: that what happens when you never watch Soccer LOL the better team not always win, there are team that played like shit for 90 minutes/120 minutes yet still emerged as the victor

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    You're still not seeing it. It isn't an opinion that it 22 degrees outside, it's either 22 degrees or its not. It isn't disputable. Again, there is no disputing if you drink a lot of alcohol, would you get drunk or not. There facts.

    However you can dispute whether its mildly warm. Just like you can dispute whether alcohol is bad for society. Why? Because they are opinions.

    Right now, you are trying to dispute with me whether Soccer or Football is better. Therefore it is not a fact.

    You can not argue/debate/dispute against a fact.
    am not tying to dispute it, am trying to tell you where it derives from. facts come from an opinion,
    that's what am trying to do right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Now on why I don't like soccer:
    It is boring to watch. The ball is for the most part, just being kicked back and fourth. Too simple.
    A lot of ties. Self explained.
    A lot of flopping. It gets very annoying.
    Low scoring. In most cases, a few goals a game...I find that boring.
    No hands. I much prefer the use of hands, if not the whole body for a sport.

    This is all my personal opinion, of course. But I really just don't see the excitement in soccer. Playing it occasionally can be sometimes fun though.
    that's because you only watch noob teams played each other, go watch el classico Real Madrid vs Barcelona and you'll see the emotion/tension/pride in it and what Soccer truly are, i dare you to call it too simple again, i mean Soccer is simple but the hardest thing is to play Soccer in a simple way,

    it looks like this low scoring matters only for Americans looking at how they Love Basketball, but the weird thing is the stadium always packed in every MLS match i wonder why............


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Of course me not liking soccer is a reason why I think football is better. I don't like hockey, racing, or golfing. Why? Because I do not enjoy playing it, nor watching it. It's just my own personal preference. My favorite sports to play and watch are Football, Basketball, and occasionally Baseball. That is why they are my favorite sports and much prefer them over the others.

    I played soccer for 2 years, I know how the game is played. If you really want me to explain, I will.

    And yes, calling football hand-egg was an insult. Otherwise, i would of never made a comment on this thread.
    then the logic is you don't like it then it means it sucks, good one, at least i have something to talk about American Football game and i enjoy it and now i know what 1st down is, not in the least i dislike it, that's different between you and me, while i like both sport you dislike one of them, thus make you explanation shall be bias no matter how you explain it, me in the other hand is the opposite




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    In order to get a First Down you need to gain 10 yards, either my running it or throwing it. You have 3 chances to get a First Down.

    For example: its 1rst & 10 (meaning you need another 10 yards to gain another first down) Say you gain 3 yards on the play, it is now 2nd & 7 (2nd down). Next play say you gain 5 yards, it is now 3rd & 2 (3rd down, and you need to gain 2 more yards for a First down) Now, if you get the 2 or more yards, It goes back to First Down and you have to repeat the process all over again until you get into the end zone.

    However if you fail to get the yards on 3rd down, it will become 4th down. You have 2 choices on 4th down. You can either kick it back to the other team, or risk it and go for it. If you go for it, and you get the necessary yards needed it will be 1rst Down again, and you keep the ball. If you fail to gain the first down, the other team gets the ball at the exact spot you are at.

    Let me know if you understood all of that.
    OK thank you, i understand all of it
     
         

  15. #55
    Member vincaocao's Avatar
    Status
    vincaocao is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    287
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Trololol
     
         

  16. #56
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    knowing the team doesn't mean you know the sport, as i said earlier Soccer is famous it was a world wide sport, so even for a people who don't like Soccer they're bound to know what team that exist in Soccer,
    let alone the fact that you don't watch it
    So you still don't think I understand the rules of the game and how it is played? As I've said if you want me to elaborate on that i will.

    And that isn't true. Before having my Real Madrid fanatic of a teacher, I literally knew nothing about soccer as far as players and teams. All I knew was David Beckum and Ronaldo. Having his class for a full year, is where I picked up a lot on the players, club teams, national teams, etc. Maybe what your saying pertains to people in Europe and such, but definitely not in the US, where soccer isn't even the 3rd most popular sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    @BOLD: that what happens when you never watch Soccer LOL the better team not always win, there are team that played like shit for 90 minutes/120 minutes yet still emerged as the victor
    Okay...didn't already address that, that doesn't only apply to soccer? My New York Knicks (Basketball) played a game a few days ago where they were down by at least 15 the whole game, and came back in the end, and won with a game winning 3 pointer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    am not tying to dispute it, am trying to tell you where it derives from. facts come from an opinion,
    that's what am trying to do right now
    Okay well where the sport derived from is completely different then which is better, as you told its a fact that soccer is better then football. That is what i was addressing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    that's because you only watch noob teams played each other, go watch el classico Real Madrid vs Barcelona and you'll see the emotion/tension/pride in it and what Soccer truly are, i dare you to call it too simple again, i mean Soccer is simple but the hardest thing is to play Soccer in a simple way,

    it looks like this low scoring matters only for Americans looking at how they Love Basketball, but the weird thing is the stadium always packed in every MLS match i wonder why............
    Club teams from Spain are the main teams I know about. I have seen Real Vs Barca games, I have seen how intense the rivalry can get, but that doesn't change the rules of the game. I still find it simple, as the objective is still the same. But yes, those high tension games make it more exciting.

    Because some people enjoy watching soccer....? What is your point. I said it was my opinion. And you can't compare the amount of soccer fans to football fans in the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    then the logic is you don't like it then it means it sucks, good one, at least i have something to talk about American Football game and i enjoy it and now i know what 1st down is, not in the least i dislike it, that's different between you and me, while i like both sport you dislike one of them, thus make you explanation shall be bias no matter how you explain it, me in the other hand is the opposite
    No such logic. I don't like soccer, so it sucks to me. As I said a million times, its an opinion. Just like food, for example. If I personally don't like the way bananas taste, then I simply don't like it. That doesn't mean I think bananas are the worst fruit known to man. It's my taste in food, just like its my taste in sports.

    And lets be clear. You really must not watch too much football if you don't know of any teams or players, not even a first down!

    To dislike something you must first, try it. I watched soccer for a whole entire school year. I am much more familiar with it then you are with football.
     
         

  17. #57
    Member Kiffinti's Avatar
    Status
    Kiffinti is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    54
    Location
    Australia
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    lmao "SIGN THE WIFE" John Terry
     
         

  18. #58
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    So you still don't think I understand the rules of the game and how it is played? As I've said if you want me to elaborate on that i will.

    And that isn't true. Before having my Real Madrid fanatic of a teacher, I literally knew nothing about soccer as far as players and teams. All I knew was David Beckum and Ronaldo. Having his class for a full year, is where I picked up a lot on the players, club teams, national teams, etc. Maybe what your saying pertains to people in Europe and such, but definitely not in the US, where soccer isn't even the 3rd most popular sport.
    LOL, you don't have to elaborate, Soccer rules is simple after all, its not hard to understand it,

    why its wrong ? in the 1st place you have Madrid fanatic fans over there(your teacher), that alone explain that Soccer is just that famous even in America and American Football can exist thanks to the Americans who love Soccer,
    it also apply in US, why do you think top club like Real Madrid,Barcelona and Manchester United go to US for pre season ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Okay...didn't already address that, that doesn't only apply to soccer? My New York Knicks (Basketball) played a game a few days ago where they were down by at least 15 the whole game, and came back in the end, and won with a game winning 3 pointer.
    and the Knicks played a good game yes ? in Soccer there are team who played like shit in the entire game yet they still win, its different from basketball when any team actually have chance to win if the outplayed their opponent, in Soccer anything can happen,

    like last season when Barcelona lose against Chelsea despite having the opponent team 1 man down(cause of red card) and get a penalty that the missed and the control the game from the get go yet the still lose.....
    let me phrase it this way, Ten Ten can win against Madara despite having a grave injury and have no weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Okay well where the sport derived from is completely different then which is better, as you told its a fact that soccer is better then football. That is what i was addressing.
    nah not like that, what am trying to say is, the fact that Soccer is better than American Football is derived from an opinion........




    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Club teams from Spain are the main teams I know about. I have seen Real Vs Barca games, I have seen how intense the rivalry can get, but that doesn't change the rules of the game. I still find it simple, as the objective is still the same. But yes, those high tension games make it more exciting.

    Because some people enjoy watching soccer....? What is your point. I said it was my opinion. And you can't compare the amount of soccer fans to football fans in the US.
    if you don't mind tell me when did you watch all that Spanish club played, cause that league just recently get better..



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    No such logic. I don't like soccer, so it sucks to me. As I said a million times, its an opinion. Just like food, for example. If I personally don't like the way bananas taste, then I simply don't like it. That doesn't mean I think bananas are the worst fruit known to man. It's my taste in food, just like its my taste in sports.

    And lets be clear. You really must not watch too much football if you don't know of any teams or players, not even a first down!

    To dislike something you must first, try it. I watched soccer for a whole entire school year. I am much more familiar with it then you are with football.
    not really, when i say i don't know any teams or player, what i mean with that is i only knew the famous one,
    such as NY Giants,Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles(idk if that team were famous i only knew them by the watching the game), and some old players like Deion Sanders and Joe Montana, you can't blame for not knowing more players and team cause American Football is hardly known over here like how Soccer is well known in USA........
     
         

  19. #59
    禁止されている技 Forbidden Technique's Avatar
    Status
    Forbidden Technique is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Planet Namek
    Teflon.
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    LOL, you don't have to elaborate, Soccer rules is simple after all, its not hard to understand it,

    why its wrong ? in the 1st place you have Madrid fanatic fans over there(your teacher), that alone explain that Soccer is just that famous even in America and American Football can exist thanks to the Americans who love Soccer,
    it also apply in US, why do you think top club like Real Madrid,Barcelona and Manchester United go to US for pre season ?
    I mean... I don't see how one person being a huge Madrid fan justifies that soccer is famous in America. But of course theres a lot of soccer fans here, just like there is in any sport. Soccer is, I would say, the 4th most popular sport in America behind Football, Basketball, and Baseball.

    Speaking from what I have seen, either you like soccer or you don't. As the majority of people I know don't even know the slightest bit about soccer. That would also pertain to me had I not had that teacher.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    and the Knicks played a good game yes ? in Soccer there are team who played like shit in the entire game yet they still win, its different from basketball when any team actually have chance to win if the outplayed their opponent, in Soccer anything can happen,

    like last season when Barcelona lose against Chelsea despite having the opponent team 1 man down(cause of red card) and get a penalty that the missed and the control the game from the get go yet the still lose.....
    let me phrase it this way, Ten Ten can win against Madara despite having a grave injury and have no weapon
    Not really if they were down the whole game. But yeah that's because of the low scored games, am i correct? Of course its easy to come back with a win when goals are only worth one point and are rarely even achieved.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    nah not like that, what am trying to say is, the fact that Soccer is better than American Football is derived from an opinion........
    Okay it is derived from an opinion, but what justifies it being a fact? I still don't believe you fully see the difference between a fact and opinion.

    It's like your trying to tell me apples are better then oranges, and it's a fact. What would justify that? As it's an opinion and depends on your own personal taste.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    if you don't mind tell me when did you watch all that Spanish club played, cause that league just recently get better..
    Like 2-3 years ago, and it didn't amuse me enough to continue watching after I completed the class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    not really, when i say i don't know any teams or player, what i mean with that is i only knew the famous one,
    such as NY Giants,Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles(idk if that team were famous i only knew them by the watching the game), and some old players like Deion Sanders and Joe Montana, you can't blame for not knowing more players and team cause American Football is hardly known over here like how Soccer is well known in USA........
    That doesn't make much sense, if you ask me. I don't know any teams or players, but what I mean by that is I only know of the famous ones. Umm... Okay, LOL. Be more specific next time, because I find that hard to believe.

    @ BOLD - But as you claimed you know both sports, as I don't, so why make excuses? Even though Soccer is well known in the US, I had absolutely no knowledge of soccer other then the rules. I only learned more as I watched for a single school year. So if you truly watch and enjoy football as you claimed, you would first and formost know what a first down is, as that is the basics of football, and know more then 2-3 teams and players.
     
         

  20. #60
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,012
    Location
    INDONESIA
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Troll Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    I mean... I don't see how one person being a huge Madrid fan justifies that soccer is famous in America. But of course theres a lot of soccer fans here, just like there is in any sport. Soccer is, I would say, the 4th most popular sport in America behind Football, Basketball, and Baseball.

    Speaking from what I have seen, either you like soccer or you don't. As the majority of people I know don't even know the slightest bit about soccer. That would also pertain to me had I not had that teacher.
    wait, am pretty sure Basketball is the most popular sport in USA, looking at how it spread across the world and gain popularity compared to American Football,


    you should stop looking from your own point of view for this matter, there's a hundred thousand of Soccer fans in USA or millions of them, let me tell something useful

    In 1994, the World Cup came to America.Played out during a four-week period under scorching summer temperatures, the 1994 World Cup brought the global game to the biggest and most demanding sports market in the world for the first time in its illustrious history: the United States.


    Would the World Cup, the biggest sporting event on the planet, be a success in the U.S.? Many had their doubts. The North American Soccer League went under in 1984 and with no major domestic league to replace it, soccer was relegated to the periphery of the American sporting conscience


    A World Cup on American soil, the soccer-hating critics said, would be a dismal failure with the roster of international stars, virtually unknown to the U.S. audience, destined to play before half-empty stadiums.

    How wrong they were.

    The 1994 tournament shattered World Cup records for total attendance (3,587,538 spectators) and average attendance per game (68,991) - Italy 1990 (2,517,348 total) and Brazil 1950 (60,773 average) were the previous record-holders. and the records still belong to the world cup in America at 1994..........


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Not really if they were down the whole game. But yeah that's because of the low scored games, am i correct? Of course its easy to come back with a win when goals are only worth one point and are rarely even achieved.
    they were down the whole game, 1-0 and after that their captain get a red card then the score sheet turn 2-0, and they made it 2-2 with buzzer beater goal in the last minute, thus make them qualify for 3-2 aggregate,

    did you really think its easy to score a goal in professional soccer match ? especially when they played away games and played against the best team in the world, scoring goal is not that easy compared to scoring touchdown in American football


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Okay it is derived from an opinion, but what justifies it being a fact? I still don't believe you fully see the difference between a fact and opinion.

    It's like your trying to tell me apples are better then oranges, and it's a fact. What would justify that? As it's an opinion and depends on your own personal taste.
    the fact that it was loved all over the globe, the fact that they have international tournament in every continent,
    the fact that they have professional league/Amateur/youth competition almost in every country, the fact that they have their OWN world cup tournament that involved almost all countries in the process,

    as far as i know they only played American Football in US,Canada and Japan, the Japanese manga artist actually tried to popularized American football in Asia by making Manga about American Football (like how Slam Dunk(Manga)help popularized Basketball in Asia) but he failed thought his manga is awesome it don't have the same effect lie Slam Dunk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    Like 2-3 years ago, and it didn't amuse me enough to continue watching after I completed the class.

    ah 2 or 3 years ago is where Ronaldo and Messi start to compete each other according to the media..... no wonder you don't find it amusing because Soccer at that time and nowadays is sucks compared to 90's and early 2000, there is a declination in every famous team. the biggest reason is the crisis that storm the Europe and the arrival of sugar daddy(Arab Investor)whose pouring money endlessly to their team and hurt the other team financially and tactically by taking their best players.......



    Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Technique View Post
    That doesn't make much sense, if you ask me. I don't know any teams or players, but what I mean by that is I only know of the famous ones. Umm... Okay, LOL. Be more specific next time, because I find that hard to believe.

    @ BOLD - But as you claimed you know both sports, as I don't, so why make excuses? Even though Soccer is well known in the US, I had absolutely no knowledge of soccer other then the rules. I only learned more as I watched for a single school year. So if you truly watch and enjoy football as you claimed, you would first and formost know what a first down is, as that is the basics of football, and know more then 2-3 teams and players.
    what excuse ? i only tell you a fact that American is Hardly known in other country but America and Canada,
    its hard to keep with American Football in here, i only see it from time to time in ESPN and i hardly watched TV unless its a weekend(where soccer match commence), so its impressive for someone like me know something about some unknown sport from the US despite the country where i life know nothing about American Football,


    and i know what 1st down is but i don't know how it works..........
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •