Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Let me start out by saying in no way am I "butt hurt" or angry about my situation i simply think a change in the rules should be in place

    Not five minutes ago I, very calmly and with great manners asked Scorps for a reason for declining my cj's other than and i quote "Flying Boots :sy:" found HERE
    HERE is the cj in question btw, on post 1858 the first submission

    I was later infracted about 3 minutes ago with this cited as the reason


    Bugging: Towards showing respect to moderators' private time, asking questions like: "pls pls pls pls approve my bio" and "chheeeeeek my customssssss!!!!" (x100), are prohibited effective immediately. Every question like this on Visitor Messages, Private Messages or posts will be considered spam, and will be treated as such by being totally ignored and deleted immediately, or if repeated, will receive Warnings or Infractions. There are stuck threads in every section which will guide you to the NB's How to's.

    I dont know about you, but in no way does what I vm'ed Scorps sound like the above. I did not ask him 1000 times, I asked him once for a cj declined with no way to fix it at all.

    What i asked does not seem like a hard request to fufill, if you look at the cj's Xylon checks he gives a stated reason, a way to fix it, or if none of this is possible, A DNR. As you can see my cj did not get Dnr'd it was simply left there declined with seemingly no reason. If my cj was simply Dnr'd i wouldnt have a problem with it since i cant resubmit it. But here I am left with no direction in which to take this.

    My suggestion is that if a cj is declined that the mod in question must either state a reason as to why it is declined or just DNR it on the spot. Im almost sure that most of us on nb are willing to wait an extra 2-3 days between cycles as long as this is fufilled since they are atleast helping the process and giving us a way to fix it. What say you nb?

    If more evidence/proof/ anything is needed simply ask and it shall be given

    let me add that this isnt about my cj really its just an example of something that happened that led me to think this. In no way is this to discuss my cj
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 11-12-2012 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dino's Avatar
    Status
    Dino is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,731
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    I don't think flying boots go hand in hand with narutoverse. There was nothing else to be said so he declined it. He has given a reason when a reason is needed.

    I'm certain that it says somewhere that mods can decline a custom submission without a reason as well.
     
         
    Last edited by Dino; 11-12-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Typos.

  3. #3
    -Haku Yuki-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Haku Yuki- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,116
    Location
    Konohagakure tavern
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
     

    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    you but hurt , jk.

    yeah it seems alittle rude/not helpful when all they post is an insult to teh cj your trying to post liek what you have tehre i don't think

    "smh this custom sucks" shouldn't be a reason to decline it and how does it help? then when you ask whats wrong with it you get infracted
     
         

  4. #4
    W Ø Я S T B Ξ H Δ V I O R Drizzy's Avatar
    Status
    Drizzy is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,784
    Location
    Dressrosa
    design ● creativity ● art
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Source: XXX

    "Disclaimer

    NB's moderators have every right to deny any move we wish without true explanation, because some techniques submitted do not reach a certain criteria that we feel should be accepted. Please do not complain, please do not argue, just take it as it is and please move on by creating something else. Most Jutsus however will state a reason why a technique or custom will not be accepted."
     
         
    Last edited by Drizzy; 11-12-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Highlighted the red

  5. #5
    -Cerberus-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Cerberus- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,066
    Location
    Gamma Quadrant Sector 4
    Just an average guy.
     

    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Take it on the chin bro and move on. Happens to us all.
     
         

  6. #6
    まてぃあす Mathias's Avatar
    Status
    Mathias is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,942
    Location
    Yamagakure
    Luciano Mansion
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    I won't be commenting on the above more, I'm more interested about the second. In my opinion, and as an ex-mod I think the current rule which states the information listed below is quite fair;

    NB's moderators have every right to deny any move we wish without true explanation, because some techniques submitted do not reach a certain criteria that we feel should be accepted. Please do not complain, please do not argue, just take it as it is and please move on by creating something else. Most Jutsus however will state a reason why a technique or custom will not be accepted.
    Why? Simply because sometimes there are so many things wrong with a technique that there are countless things that could be done to change it. That being said, we they sometimes can't sit there and babysit your custom, picking out every single thing. Now concerning your explanation or DNR idea. That is totally ridiculous. I'd prefer a thousand times to get a custom declined then DNR'd. Why? Usually because when I submit one, I have some type of purpose behind it, not just because I can submit customs once a week. And so, I would much rather make countless edits to my technique then not even getting a chance at doing so.
     
         

  7. #7
    Loki's Avatar
    Status
    Loki is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,662
    Ten Yasha
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzeh View Post
    Source: XXX

    "Disclaimer

    NB's moderators have every right to deny any move we wish without true explanation, because some techniques submitted do not reach a certain criteria that we feel should be accepted. Please do not complain, please do not argue, just take it as it is and please move on by creating something else. Most Jutsus however will state a reason why a technique or custom will not be accepted."
    That doesn't change that fact that it's a rude thing to do.

    @Broly, Scorps isn't a fair mate 24/7, just drop it, and move on.
     
         

  8. #8
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I won't be commenting on the above more, I'm more interested about the second. In my opinion, and as an ex-mod I think the current rule which states the information listed below is quite fair;



    Why? Simply because sometimes there are so many things wrong with a technique that there are countless things that could be done to change it. That being said, we they sometimes can't sit there and babysit your custom, picking out every single thing. Now concerning your explanation or DNR idea. That is totally ridiculous. I'd prefer a thousand times to get a custom declined then DNR'd. Why? Usually because when I submit one, I have some type of purpose behind it, not just because I can submit customs once a week. And so, I would much rather make countless edits to my technique then not even getting a chance at doing so.
    Thats not what im saying, im saying if your just gonna decline it and say its stupid with basically no reason on how to fix it, then i work on it again and again and in actuality theres ZERO hope in it getting approved then just Dnr it right off the bat. Why? Because otherwise Im wasting my time and cj space resubmitting a cj with no hope of being approved. I also covered the time thing in saying that I and possibly many more members would be MORE than willing to put up with a few extra days of checking in order to know a way to fix our customs instead of not having a reason at all

    EDIT: As for the disclaimer i neither complained or argued about why it was declined so i really dont know why i got an infraction, and i have also seen other members get help from scorps or ask scorps about their customs and them not get infracted, in fact i can link you an instance if you need it. But thats not here nor there


    Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I don't think flying boots go hand in hand with narutoverse. There was nothing else to be said so he declined it. He has given a reason when a reason is needed.

    I'm certain that it says somewhere that mods can decline a custom submission without a reason as well.
    You see if he had said that I would have been cool with it, but he didnt. He said "Flying Boots :sy:"
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 11-12-2012 at 11:30 PM.

  9. #9
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,197
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    I had that problem a while back with a few customs that got declined a couple of times with no explanation, the next time I submitted them I just left a note asking for some explanation for what was wrong with them just so I wasn't taking shots in the dark about what to change. They got approved that time, but I think they would have left an explanation if they declined them again.
     
         

  10. #10
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I had that problem a while back with a few customs that got declined a couple of times with no explanation, the next time I submitted them I just left a note asking for some explanation for what was wrong with them just so I wasn't taking shots in the dark about what to change. They got approved that time, but I think they would have left an explanation if they declined them again.
    Thats well and good but now theres a new rule stating that there cant be anything directed towards a mod other than your submission or else theyget auto declined. So as you can see, our options are limited

    Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    you but hurt , jk.

    yeah it seems alittle rude/not helpful when all they post is an insult to teh cj your trying to post liek what you have tehre i don't think

    "smh this custom sucks" shouldn't be a reason to decline it and how does it help? then when you ask whats wrong with it you get infracted
    This: also ive seen some things like this said on cj submissions and i dont think its neither mod like or helpful (which the mods are supposed to be) to any member
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 11-12-2012 at 11:34 PM.

  11. #11
    まてぃあす Mathias's Avatar
    Status
    Mathias is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,942
    Location
    Yamagakure
    Luciano Mansion
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Thats not what im saying, im saying if your just gonna decline it and say its stupid with basically no reason on how to fix it, then i work on it again and again and in actuality theres ZERO hope in it getting approved then just Dnr it right off the bat. Why? Because otherwise Im wasting my time and cj space resubmitting a cj with no hope of being approved. I also covered the time thing in saying that I and possibly many more members would be MORE than willing to put up with a few extra days of checking in order to know a way to fix our customs instead of not having a reason at all

    EDIT: As for the disclaimer i neither complained or argued about why it was declined so i really dont know why i got an infraction, and i have also seen other members get help from scorps or ask scorps about their customs and them not get infracted, in fact i can link you an instance if you need it. But thats not here nor there




    You see if he had said that I would have been cool with it, but he didnt. He said "Flying Boots :sy:"
    Well as I said before, I was more concerned about the second part of your post. Also going back to the no explanation thing; Hopefully no one will take offense by this but... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to at least have a hint as to why your technique was not approved, with or without a stated reason why. There are two universal reasons why your technique could get declined(among a bunch of others), similar technique already exists or its just plain out ridiculous to get approved. Now go back, read your own technique, and ask yourself if a similar techniques already exists or if there is anything you can do to make it more.... reasonable.(I have not read your technique so I can't comment on it)
     
         

  12. #12
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,197
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Thats well and good but now theres a new rule stating that there cant be anything directed towards a mod other than your submission or else theyget auto declined. So as you can see, our options are limited
    The blue rule says:

    -You aren't allowed to direct us into how to check your customs or tell us to make edits on the submissions to make them approvable. Also, providing expressions like "I talked to X senior sensei and he said its possible" or any variation of such expressions is forbidden. Adding explanations outside the technique's description (or, by that matter, any expression or sentence directed at us) is also forbidden. Anything you wish to explain you need to do so in the technique itself, using the correct template, as it needs to be perfectly understandable by anyone if its to be approved. The necessity to explain or justify things outside of it renders such premise invalid and thus makes the technique unapprovable.
    Asking them to throw you a bone as to why its getting declined, IMO, isn't "directing" them on how to check your submissions. You're not asking them to edit it or anything.

    Though I guess I could be wrong, we'll have to see what someone says about it.
     
         

  13. #13
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Well as I said before, I was more concerned about the second part of your post. Also going back to the no explanation thing; Hopefully no one will take offense by this but... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to at least have a hint as to why your technique was not approved, with or without a stated reason why. There are two universal reasons why your technique could get declined(among a bunch of others), similar technique already exists or its just plain out ridiculous to get approved. Now go back, read your own technique, and ask yourself if a similar techniques already exists or if there is anything you can do to make it more.... reasonable.(I have not read your technique so I can't comment on it)
    Thats good i would have been ok with that what im saying is for god sakes TELL ME that so i dont go taking shots in the dark
    again this is not about my custom, but about times Ive seen customs checked like that in general. My custom is just an example


    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    The blue rule says:



    Asking them to throw you a bone as to why its getting declined, IMO, isn't "directing" them on how to check your submissions. You're not asking them to edit it or anything.


    Though I guess I could be wrong, we'll have to see what someone says about it.
    Trust me, Ive seen it done and can link you to an instance of this happening. Anything outside of your custom will make it auto declined
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 11-12-2012 at 11:37 PM.

  14. #14
    まてぃあす Mathias's Avatar
    Status
    Mathias is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,942
    Location
    Yamagakure
    Luciano Mansion
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Thats good i would have been ok with that what im saying is for god sakes TELL ME that so i dont go taking shots in the dark
    again this is not about my custom, but about times Ive seen customs checked like that in general. My custom is just an example
    Also I'd like to add something to what I said regarding a similar technique existing. If your technique resembles one and it gets declined without reason, chances are, that mod has given you a chance and has seen potential in said technique to be changed into something that hasn't been approved yet.

    Anyways, that's it for my rambling, good luck in the rest of your RP activities ^_^

    PS: I'm not speaking on the behalf of any mod, I am merely stating my own opinions based on my own personal experience.
     
         

  15. #15
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Also I'd like to add something to what I said regarding a similar technique existing. If your technique resembles one and it gets declined without reason, chances are, that mod has given you a chance and has seen potential in said technique to be changed into something that hasn't been approved yet.

    Anyways, that's it for my rambling, good luck in the rest of your RP activities ^_^

    PS: I'm not speaking on the behalf of any mod, I am merely stating my own opinions based on my own personal experience.
    This was the first time id submitted it and if this was the case id love to see a way that I could make it into something new I really would. And if he did that to everyone's i would welcome it and take on the extra 3-4 days of checking with a smile.
    I thank you for weighing in on this subject
     
         

  16. #16
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,423
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Dead
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    I'll start this by saying that Scorps's statement just about 99% implies that it's a basically DNR in the first place. At least it seemed pretty evident to me anyway lol. Just saying.

    Anywho as for the other stuff, it's not going to work out.

    The thing is, the goal for a mod checking CJs is to check as many CJs possible within a given amount of time while still checking them thoroughly. It's not necessarily our job to help you get them approved. When I check a CFS or CE jutsu, I usually write quite a bit in my notes to the submitter unless it's an extremely simple reason, but that's because there aren't anywhere near as much CFSes or CE techniques being submitted at any given time as there are normal CJs. As Mathias said above, in a CJ thread the mods aren't going to babysit you and walk you step by step through every technique that you submit. Usually we'll give reasons, but the reason that it's not required is because it slows down the process and sometimes there are just too many different things wrong with it to the point that if the submitter would just take a moment to read other CJ submissions to get the grasp on what's acceptable and what isn't, or maybe even just think for a moment, they would be able to figure out at least some of the things that were wrong with they're submissions. And honestly, like I said before, I think that with Scorps's statement was already fairly clear with what it implied lol. If you want it in other words here ya go: "I'm not going to approve Flying Boots." Which is essentially the equivalent of a DNR considering that the entire basis of your technique are a pair of flying boots. Again, not everything needs to be spelled out. Flying boots are the reason why your CJ is declined. It's fairly obvious that there's nothing that you can edit except using something other than flying boots.

    As for your whole reason or DNR request. I think that you're just about the only member who would actually prefer someone to just immediately DNR something that they can't give a precise reason on it rather than simply decline and leave it up to you to resubmit. That said, it's not going to happen. This isn't for the sake of the mods, this is for the sake of the members to not get half of their submissions DNRed.

    As for your infraction. He has every right to do so, it's a rule that you can't VM mods about their checking submissions. He can choose to discuss it with you through VMs, but he has no obligation to. And he has the choice to infract you if he wants. Mods get tons of VMs all the time, we don't need VMs about submissions that we already went through and may not even remember in addition to the ones that we already get. The definition that you gave of bugging is an extreme definition with obvious hyperbole, and it's ridiculous to compare what you did to that. However it's been considered bugging for a while now right off the bat the moment that you VM a mod about a submission. What they choose to do is completely their choice, no matter how respectfully or disrespectfully you believe that asked, and whether you agree with the decision or not. You said that you've seen it done before, and I'm sure you have. However, it's the mods choice whether to answer, ignore, or infract. They have the right to do any one of these.

    What we can do, and what might be a more reasonable suggestion, is create a thread in the jutsu section (I know that we have one in Konoha already, dunno about other villages) where people may discuss a technique to try and get it approved IF they're willing to help; this thread would hold no obligations whatsoever. However, know that as in the one that we have in Konoha, mods won't be able to post to help you at all since that would make them in a sense biased (for lack of a better way to explain this) to that submission. But there are plenty of other experienced RPers and senseis who know just as well how to get a CJ approved.
     
         
    Last edited by Riku..; 11-12-2012 at 11:51 PM.

  17. #17
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku..;9082952[B
    ]I'll start this by saying that Scorps's statement just about 99% implies that it's a basically DNR in the first place. At least it seemed pretty evident to me anyway lol. Just saying. [/B]

    Anywho as for the other stuff, it's not going to work out.

    The thing is, the goal for a mod checking CJs is to check as many CJs possible within a given amount of time while still checking them thoroughly. It's not necessarily our job to help you get them approved. When I check a CFS or CE jutsu, I usually write quite a bit in my notes to the submitter unless it's an extremely simple reason, but that's because there aren't anywhere near as much CFSes or CE techniques being submitted at any given time as there are normal CJs. As Mathias said above, in a CJ thread the mods aren't going to babysit you and walk you step by step through every technique that you submit. Usually we'll give reasons, but the reason that it's not required is because it slows down the process and sometimes there are just too many different things wrong with it to the point that if the submitter would just take a moment to read other CJ submissions to get the grasp on what's acceptable and what isn't, or maybe even just think for a moment, they would be able to figure out at least some of the things that were wrong with they're submissions. And honestly, like I said before, I think that with Scorps's statement was already fairly clear with what it implied lol. If you want it in other words here ya go: "I'm not going to approve Flying Boots." Which is essentially the equivalent of a DNR considering that the entire basis of your technique are a pair of flying boots. Again, not everything needs to be spelled out. Flying boots are the reason why your CJ is declined. It's fairly obvious that there's nothing that you can edit except using something other than flying boots.

    As for your whole reason or DNR request. I think that you're just about the only member who would actually prefer someone to just immediately DNR something that they can't give a precise reason on it rather than simply decline and leave it up to you to resubmit. That said, it's not going to happen. This isn't for the sake of the mods, this is for the sake of the members to not get half of their submissions DNRed.

    As for your infraction. He has every right to do so, it's a rule that you can't VM mods about their checking submissions. He can choose to discuss it with you through VMs, but he has no obligation to. And he has the choice to infract you if he wants. Mods get tons of VMs all the time, we don't need VMs about submissions that we already went through and may not even remember in addition to the ones that we already get. The definition that you gave of bugging is an extreme definition with obvious hyperbole, and it's ridiculous to compare what you did to that. However it's been considered bugging for a while now right off the bat the moment that you VM a mod about a submission. What they choose to do is completely their choice, no matter how respectfully or disrespectfully you believe that asked, and whether you agree with the decision or not. You said that you've seen it done before, and I'm sure you have. However, it's the mods choice whether to answer, ignore, or infract. They have the right to do any one of these.

    What we can do, and what might be a more reasonable suggestion, is create a thread in the jutsu section (I know that we have one in Konoha already, dunno about other villages) where people may discuss a technique to try and get it approved IF they're willing to help; this thread would hold no obligations whatsoever. However, know that as in the one that we have in Konoha, mods won't be able to post to help you at all since that would make them in a sense biased (for lack of a better way to explain this) to that submission. But there are plenty of other experienced RPers and senseis who know just as well how to get a CJ approved.
    Alright lets break this down all well and good then just say its Dnr'd please. Not dnr'ing it means that i will most likely submit it in the future and waste a spot, which no one wants to do.


    2 bold, Why not? If you tell us why they were declined i know for a FACT that alot of members would be more than happy to accept a longer period of time for you guys to check them. As for the boots, I basically made everything i did with them count as a move whats he want me to do put a height limit on them? Theres a difference between implied dnr and a dnr. If its implied then someone might resubmit it and waste a spot. If you ask me i think the boots were extremely reasonable since i basically restricted myself to two elements and tai and i will indeed submit them again.

    3rd bold your misunderstanding me, what im saying is: If they know that its unapprovable then PLEASE for the love of god dnr them instead of making us resubmit and waste loads of time and effort where i can link you to some of these instances.


    4th bold How in the world is that fair. How is it fair that some specially choosen members get to do what I cant? How is it that lili can direct things on her cjs to mods and it not get auto declined due to the blue rule. These people are regular members just like me yet they get special privelages? Im not sure if being fair is a mods perogative but you must see how extremely unfair this is. Im sure you dont want people getting special perks for no reason do you? Based on the mods opinion? Why thats bordering on bias dont you think

    5th bold sometimes those things just dont work

    Also the definition of bugging that I gave was the reason given for my infraction
     
         

  18. #18
    Alternative's Avatar
    Status
    Alternative is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,546
    Location
    Australia
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    4th bold How in the world is that fair. How is it fair that some specially choosen members get to do what I cant? How is it that lili can direct things on her cjs to mods and it not get auto declined due to the blue rule. These people are regular members just like me yet they get special privelages? Im not sure if being fair is a mods perogative but you must see how extremely unfair this is. Im sure you dont want people getting special perks for no reason do you? Based on the mods opinion? Why thats bordering on bias dont you think
    A lot of the time a suggestion for a technique may be hard to understand or to interpret or so on, and mods will reply to these sorts of things. I've seen a few of Liliana's CJs and they do seem intelligent as they fall into jurisdiction of borderline OP genjutsu xD, so when they get declined she may inquire on something. This isn't against the rules, just clarifying on something they've posted in conjunction to a custom, but asking them why they haven't put a reason, despite it saying it's not needed can fall under the blue/red/purple/rainbow/grey/whatever colour rule and you can get infracted for it.

    Also calling him bias, there's an infraction right there.
     
         

  19. #19
    Vision's Avatar
    Status
    Vision is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    14,344
    Victory is mine!!!!!! #Team Ra
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Let me start out by saying in no way am I "butt hurt" or angry about my situation i simply think a change in the rules should be in place

    Not five minutes ago I, very calmly and with great manners asked Scorps for a reason for declining my cj's other than and i quote "Flying Boots :sy:" found HERE
    HERE is the cj in question btw, on post 1858 the first submission

    I was later infracted about 3 minutes ago with this cited as the reason


    Bugging: Towards showing respect to moderators' private time, asking questions like: "pls pls pls pls approve my bio" and "chheeeeeek my customssssss!!!!" (x100), are prohibited effective immediately. Every question like this on Visitor Messages, Private Messages or posts will be considered spam, and will be treated as such by being totally ignored and deleted immediately, or if repeated, will receive Warnings or Infractions. There are stuck threads in every section which will guide you to the NB's How to's.

    I dont know about you, but in no way does what I vm'ed Scorps sound like the above. I did not ask him 1000 times, I asked him once for a cj declined with no way to fix it at all.

    What i asked does not seem like a hard request to fufill, if you look at the cj's Xylon checks he gives a stated reason, a way to fix it, or if none of this is possible, A DNR. As you can see my cj did not get Dnr'd it was simply left there declined with seemingly no reason. If my cj was simply Dnr'd i wouldnt have a problem with it since i cant resubmit it. But here I am left with no direction in which to take this.

    My suggestion is that if a cj is declined that the mod in question must either state a reason as to why it is declined or just DNR it on the spot. Im almost sure that most of us on nb are willing to wait an extra 2-3 days between cycles as long as this is fufilled since they are atleast helping the process and giving us a way to fix it. What say you nb?

    If more evidence/proof/ anything is needed simply ask and it shall be given

    let me add that this isnt about my cj really its just an example of something that happened that led me to think this. In no way is this to discuss my cj

    In the front of the CJ thread, you have agreed on all terms and conditions before submitting them. It's just like the global rules of the forum. When you signed up and registered you have agreed to all terms and conditions. It's the samething here and to complain about it will not help you in anyway. Just as someone posted here is what you agreed to.

    ±±Disclaimer±±


    -NB's moderators have every right to deny any move we wish without true explanation, because some techniques submitted do not reach a certain criteria that we feel should be accepted. Please do not complain, please do not argue, just take it as it is and please move on by creating something else. Most Jutsus however will state a reason why a technique or custom will not be accepted.
    As well as this

    ±±The Red Rule±±


    -The red rule exists and you should check it if you don't know what it is. Bugging any RP mod regarding CJs that were declined and to which you weren't required to contact the given mod, is breaking said rule. The techniques are declined for a reason which is most of the times explained even if we are not required to do so. This is never respected but I urge you to start taking this seriously.


    ±±The Blue Rule±±


    -You aren't allowed to direct us into how to check your customs or tell us to make edits on the submissions to make them approvable. Also, providing expressions like "I talked to X senior sensei and he said its possible" or any variation of such expressions is forbidden. Adding explanations outside the technique's description (or, by that matter, any expression or sentence directed at us) is also forbidden. Anything you wish to explain you need to do so in the technique itself, using the correct template, as it needs to be perfectly understandable by anyone if its to be approved. The necessity to explain or justify things outside of it renders such premise invalid and thus makes the technique unapprovable.
    Remember you agreed to these terms and conditions before you submitted your CJ's.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Alright lets break this down all well and good then just say its Dnr'd please. Not dnr'ing it means that i will most likely submit it in the future and waste a spot, which no one wants to do.


    2 bold, Why not? If you tell us why they were declined i know for a FACT that alot of members would be more than happy to accept a longer period of time for you guys to check them. As for the boots, I basically made everything i did with them count as a move whats he want me to do put a height limit on them? Theres a difference between implied dnr and a dnr. If its implied then someone might resubmit it and waste a spot. If you ask me i think the boots were extremely reasonable since i basically restricted myself to two elements and tai and i will indeed submit them again.

    3rd bold your misunderstanding me, what im saying is: If they know that its unapprovable then PLEASE for the love of god dnr them instead of making us resubmit and waste loads of time and effort where i can link you to some of these instances.


    4th bold How in the world is that fair. How is it fair that some specially choosen members get to do what I cant? How is it that lili can direct things on her cjs to mods and it not get auto declined due to the blue rule. These people are regular members just like me yet they get special privelages? Im not sure if being fair is a mods perogative but you must see how extremely unfair this is. Im sure you dont want people getting special perks for no reason do you? Based on the mods opinion? Why thats bordering on bias dont you think

    5th bold sometimes those things just dont work

    Also the definition of bugging that I gave was the reason given for my infraction
    Mainly on your 4th statement, how do you know if she was infracted or not? You can not possibly see that she was infracted. Did you ask her or have any proof of her not being infracted? To assume simply that she wasn't infracted in itself isn't fair to scorps is there? Don't call someone out without knowing the full story and in this case to be honest, don't worry too much about who and who arn't getting infractions, really it's not even your business.
     
         

  20. #20
    Luther's Avatar
    Status
    Luther is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,662
    Location
    Hungary.
    Premeditated Murder.
     



    Re: Possibly a change in cj rules?

    Broly the first mistake you did was creating this thread,from personal experience i have learnt that going to the public and creating threads about your problems with moderators would not help,why not ,privately private message a global moderator and explain you case if he finds it harsh and he see,s your reasoning that would retract the infraction points, and i know this from experience as i have gotten some infractions retracted. I know it might be quite rude,but the true cold fact is that they as the naruto base moderators don't owe you an explanation on why your custom jutsu is declined,further more unlike other moderators scorps boldly stated it on his profile wall that questions such as these would warrant an infraction on his part. You deciding to submit your custom jutsu in the custom jutsu thread means that you agree to all the rules one of which is the ''Moderators don't owe an explanation part''. I would not lie and say it is not harsh but still he warned against it, there is a saying which goes ''To before warned,is to be fore-hand'',and his profile message was a warning which you failed to obey. You are wrong by the way xylon does not always give reasons for declining your jutsu and i am talking because it has happened to me before, but he has no duty to do so, moderators are busy ,they help moderate the forums ,take care of the trolls and still have thier real lives to attend to, making it easier for them would make a whole lot difference .
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •