Page 3 of 9 « First 1234567 ... Last»
Results 41 to 60 of 170
  1. #41
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by leggomynecro View Post
    True depth?

    You cannot even see how accurate my assessment of your position is. Continue acting out like I predicted proving me correct.
    Yes "true depth". Want me to get a dictionary? I don't feel superior to anyone. I just feel that the animes not getting the proper credit it deserves in terms of the topics and discussions here. I just want to talk about something that is truly relevant. Not about top 5's and meaningless vs threads all the fukking time
     
         

  2. #42
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,235
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    I believe that only a few people can understand the true depth of this story and it's not everyone's cup of tea, you're right in that respect.
    I am right, aren't I. You know what depth you might be able to understand as well? The depth of the ocean. Hold your breath and try to reach the bottom.
     
         

  3. #43
    The dark knight Trollnojutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Trollnojutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    294
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Yes "true depth". Want me to get a dictionary? I don't feel superior to anyone. I just feel that the animes not getting the proper credit it deserves in terms of the topics and discussions here. I just want to talk about something that is truly relevant. Not about top 5's and meaningless vs threads all the fukking time
    The topics in general discussion are what they are, don't get mad because they don't have the material you want to read. That's just you acting superior basically saying that these threads aren't good enough for you. Do I get tired of top 10 threads, yes at times I do, but everyone is entitled to create a thread and post things for discussion, no ones top 10 are identical and it opens up room for discussion. So by your own logic of wanting to create more discussion you ignore what is right in front of you, good job I can see that negative rep I gave you has been more than confirmed. Why don't you take a break from the forums, go take a nap, or go to sleep depending on your time zone, and try again tomorrow because all your doing is making a fool of yourself today and giving me reassurance that you are no more than a child with an attitude problem.
     
         

  4. #44
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    I am right, aren't I. You know what depth you might be able to understand as well? The depth of the ocean. Hold your breath and try to reach the bottom.
    Ha you mock me just like you mock this story. That's exactly my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollnojutsu View Post
    The topics in general discussion are what they are, don't get mad because they don't have the material you want to read. That's just you acting superior basically saying that these threads aren't good enough for you. Do I get tired of top 10 threads, yes at times I do, but everyone is entitled to create a thread and post things for discussion, no ones top 10 are identical and it opens up room for discussion. So by your own logic of wanting to create more discussion you ignore what is right in front of you, good job I can see that negative rep I gave you has been more than confirmed. Why don't you take a break from the forums, go take a nap, or go to sleep depending on your time zone, and try again tomorrow because all your doing is making a fool of yourself today and giving me reassurance that you are no more than a child with an attitude problem.
    No not for me, I believe they aren't good enough for this story. I'd understand if bleach and one piece had nothing but vs threads all the time, cuz that's all they have to offer anyway.
     
         

  5. #45
    People are like katanas PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Status
    PrinceMyshkin is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    466
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Are people really that dull? Naruto has so much to offer! From a philosophical, political and spiritual standpoint, and yet all you people talk about is who is top 5 and who is top 20 all the damn time!

    Is that the only thing you see in this anime?
    I've actually made some threads that you might like they are:

    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=270518
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=270342
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=270291
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=270361

    Hope you like them
     
         

  6. #46
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,235
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Ha you mock me just like you mock this story. That's exactly my point.
    I do mock you, but I have yet to see how I mock the story. I read it and watch it weekly. I'm sorry if you think I should masturbate to it every time a character develops.
     
         

  7. #47
    The dark knight Trollnojutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Trollnojutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    294
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Ha you mock me just like you mock this story. That's exactly my point.



    No not for me, I believe they aren't good enough for this story. I'd understand if bleach and one piece had nothing but vs threads all the time, cuz that's all they have to offer anyway.
    And that's fine it may not be for you, but isn't that acting like your better than everyone else a little bit. It's like saying that because you can't use vocabulary like someone else can that you aren't as smart or you are less of a person. Don't attempt to make yourself out to seem better than everyone else, because at the end of the day you only look like a fool to everyone around you.
     
         

  8. #48
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    You're right.....I love all of those! I will read them all thoroughly and reply soon.
     
         

  9. #49
    Waltz's Avatar
    Status
    Waltz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9,408
    Location
    Madara's Hair
    God Complex.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by NikesOnMyFeet View Post
    That is for personal interpretations.

    "Top" lists are better for the forum.
    Took the words right out...
     
         

  10. #50
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    I do mock you, but I have yet to see how I mock the story. I read it and watch it weekly. I'm sorry if you think I should masturbate to it every time a character develops.
    Do you believe plot no jutsu is a viable element?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollnojutsu View Post
    And that's fine it may not be for you, but isn't that acting like your better than everyone else a little bit. It's like saying that because you can't use vocabulary like someone else can that you aren't as smart or you are less of a person. Don't attempt to make yourself out to seem better than everyone else, because at the end of the day you only look like a fool to everyone around you.
    you think I have some sort of a superiority complex, and you might be right! But that doesn't make me wrong when I say this anime deserves better recognition and more respect. In the end, I just may want to talk about what truly matters to me, that also doesn't mean that the threads here dont undermine this awesome story and that it gets disrespected every single day!
     
         

  11. #51
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,235
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Do you believe plot no jutsu is a viable element?
    Yea, because sometimes a writer is just like "Shit, I made this villain too strong."
     
         

  12. #52
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    Yea, because sometimes a writer is just like "Shit, I made this villain too strong."
    And hence you have mocked the story and insulted Kishimotos intelligence.
     
         

  13. #53
    Member
    Status
    Kellyable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    145
    Location
    Um...does Nebraska count as a state?
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I fully agree on that. People don't delve into the meanings of the manga far enough and DEFINITELY do not appreciate the (occasional) fantastic artwork-and to be honest, we have got to make a section for intellectual threads.
     
         
    Last edited by Kellyable; 11-13-2012 at 07:01 AM.

  14. #54
    Senior Member razinzell's Avatar
    Status
    razinzell is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,184
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Well a lot of people, including myself, watch the show for the story, the characters, and the fights. If you want to make your "deeper meanings" threads then go ahead.
     
         

  15. #55
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,616
    This user has status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I would really like to hear your point of the spiritual standpoint that it offers.
     
         

  16. #56
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    I would really like to hear your point of the spiritual standpoint that it offers.
    Spirituality is the concept of an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality; an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the deepest values and meanings by which people live.

    That is definition^ You figure out what it means to you. To me...there isn't just one meaning or code to live by....
     
         

  17. #57
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,616
    This user has status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I love that definition and would agree on it.

    My question wasn't the definition but the of the manga, Naruto, spiritual benefits.
     
         

  18. #58
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    I love that definition and would agree on it.

    My question wasn't the definition but the of the manga, Naruto, spiritual benefits.
    I know you didn't ask for the definition from an online dictionary.....

    I gave it to explain what spirituality actually means, then I gave you your answer. What more do you want to know?
     
         

  19. #59
    Member
    Status
    Kellyable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    145
    Location
    Um...does Nebraska count as a state?
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    I would really like to hear your point of the spiritual standpoint that it offers.
    hm.. well. Susanoo, Amaterasu, and Tsukuyomi are not only weapons in the Narutoverse, but gods and goddesses born from Izanagi in Japanese mythology. Izanagi gave birht to these three gods and goddesses. Susanoo was created when Izanagi cleansed his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the right eye, and Amaterasu was born from the cleansing of the nose. These three gods and goddesses are portrayed in Sasuke's ocular powers and how Sasuke's loss of sight from using these powers exemplify how power of the gods should be left alone. Continuation of using this power, will only drive the user into further darkness. One must find power derived, not from divine beings, but from oneself. (like Naruto).
    This is a simplified, shortened, and not as in depth analysis on the manga's spiritual standpoint but I just wanted to prove that these themes are prevalent in the manga.
     
         

  20. #60
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,616
    This user has status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    You said the story has a spiritual standpoint it has to offer.

    I'm asking what is it, I don't personally see it in Naruto.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •