Page 3 of 7 « First 1234567 Last»
Results 51 to 75 of 170
  1. #51
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    Posts
    5,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Do you believe plot no jutsu is a viable element?
    Yea, because sometimes a writer is just like "Shit, I made this villain too strong."
     
         

  2. #52
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    Yea, because sometimes a writer is just like "Shit, I made this villain too strong."
    And hence you have mocked the story and insulted Kishimotos intelligence.
     
         

  3. #53
    Member
    Status
    Kellyable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Um...does Nebraska count as a state?
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I fully agree on that. People don't delve into the meanings of the manga far enough and DEFINITELY do not appreciate the (occasional) fantastic artwork-and to be honest, we have got to make a section for intellectual threads.
     
         
    Last edited by Kellyable; 11-13-2012 at 06:01 AM.

  4. #54
    Senior Member razinzell's Avatar
    Status
    razinzell is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Well a lot of people, including myself, watch the show for the story, the characters, and the fights. If you want to make your "deeper meanings" threads then go ahead.
     
         

  5. #55
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I would really like to hear your point of the spiritual standpoint that it offers.
     
         

  6. #56
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    I would really like to hear your point of the spiritual standpoint that it offers.
    Spirituality is the concept of an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality; an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being; or the deepest values and meanings by which people live.

    That is definition^ You figure out what it means to you. To me...there isn't just one meaning or code to live by....
     
         

  7. #57
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I love that definition and would agree on it.

    My question wasn't the definition but the of the manga, Naruto, spiritual benefits.
     
         

  8. #58
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    I love that definition and would agree on it.

    My question wasn't the definition but the of the manga, Naruto, spiritual benefits.
    I know you didn't ask for the definition from an online dictionary.....

    I gave it to explain what spirituality actually means, then I gave you your answer. What more do you want to know?
     
         

  9. #59
    Member
    Status
    Kellyable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Um...does Nebraska count as a state?
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    I would really like to hear your point of the spiritual standpoint that it offers.
    hm.. well. Susanoo, Amaterasu, and Tsukuyomi are not only weapons in the Narutoverse, but gods and goddesses born from Izanagi in Japanese mythology. Izanagi gave birht to these three gods and goddesses. Susanoo was created when Izanagi cleansed his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the right eye, and Amaterasu was born from the cleansing of the nose. These three gods and goddesses are portrayed in Sasuke's ocular powers and how Sasuke's loss of sight from using these powers exemplify how power of the gods should be left alone. Continuation of using this power, will only drive the user into further darkness. One must find power derived, not from divine beings, but from oneself. (like Naruto).
    This is a simplified, shortened, and not as in depth analysis on the manga's spiritual standpoint but I just wanted to prove that these themes are prevalent in the manga.
     
         

  10. #60
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    You said the story has a spiritual standpoint it has to offer.

    I'm asking what is it, I don't personally see it in Naruto.
     
         

  11. #61
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyable View Post
    hm.. well. Susanoo, Amaterasu, and Tsukuyomi are not only weapons in the Narutoverse, but gods and goddesses born from Izanagi in Japanese mythology. Izanagi gave birht to these three gods and goddesses. Susanoo was created when Izanagi cleansed his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the right eye, and Amaterasu was born from the cleansing of the nose. These three gods and goddesses are portrayed in Sasuke's ocular powers and how Sasuke's loss of sight from using these powers exemplify how power of the gods should be left alone. Continuation of using this power, will only drive the user into further darkness. One must find power derived, not from divine beings, but from oneself. (like Naruto).
    This is a simplified, shortened, and not as in depth analysis on the manga's spiritual standpoint but I just wanted to prove that these themes are prevalent in the manga.
    Ok.

    Now:


    How does this spiritually benefits you personally?
     
         

  12. #62
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    You said the story has a spiritual standpoint it has to offer.

    I'm asking what is it, I don't personally see it in Naruto.
    Oh god! I thought you would understand after reading the dictionary meaning. The different spiritual standpoints are the codes that the characters in Naruto live by......and what they mean to you, what they make you think about your own perception of life.....

    Get it?
     
         

  13. #63
    The dark knight Trollnojutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Trollnojutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Do you believe plot no jutsu is a viable element?



    you think I have some sort of a superiority complex, and you might be right! But that doesn't make me wrong when I say this anime deserves better recognition and more respect. In the end, I just may want to talk about what truly matters to me, that also doesn't mean that the threads here dont undermine this awesome story and that it gets disrespected every single day!
    Then create threads based on that and stop talking crap about threads you don't think are up to your standards, grow up a little before you make them however because as of now you have a lot of it to do. I'm done with you kid your just ignorant.
     
         

  14. #64
    Senior Member EjBlack's Avatar
    Status
    EjBlack is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Oh god! I thought you would understand after reading the dictionary meaning. The different spiritual standpoints are the codes that the characters in Naruto live by......and what they mean to you, what they make you think about your own perception of life.....

    Get it?
    Yes, maybe I should revise what I meant.

    I wanted your personal looks.
     
         

  15. #65
    Senior Member Sasunarufan13's Avatar
    Status
    Sasunarufan13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In my own fantasy world
    Posts
    3,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    I agree that Naruto has some inspiring messages, but you have to realize that Naruto is a shonen manga and not een Seinen. The public Kishimoto-sensei is aiming at are generally around the age of eleven and older, but let's be honest how many teenagers these days are interested in politics or philosophy?

    Most people read this manga to enjoy themselves and let themselves be absorbed in the story - not to search for political or philosophical deeper meanings.
     
         

  16. #66
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by EjBlack View Post
    Yes, maybe I should revise what I meant.

    I wanted your personal looks.
    It means way too much to me. It would take too long to explain.
     
         

  17. #67
    Member NoMoreLove's Avatar
    Status
    NoMoreLove is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Immortal
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Someone's a little too emotional about Naruto of all anime...

    Tell me about Deathnote or Code Geass, anime that are intellectually stimulating then maybe we can have a discussion on political standpoints ahahaha
     
         

  18. #68
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLove View Post
    Someone's a little too emotional about Naruto of all anime...

    Tell me about Deathnote or Code Geass, anime that are intellectually stimulating then maybe we can have a discussion on political standpoints ahahaha
    !
     
         

  19. #69
    ★Darth Vader★ Anakin Skywalker's Avatar
    Status
    Anakin Skywalker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    921
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luke is my son?!!!!....I have
    a son !!!!
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Are people really that dull? Naruto has so much to offer! From a philosophical, political and spiritual standpoint, and yet all you people talk about is who is top 5 and who is top 20 all the damn time!

    Is that the only thing you see in this anime?
    Let me get this clear "NARUTO IS A MANGA" not your "political science book" or "10 ways to have a better life" book

    Naruto is a manga for entertainment .... i.e what we have apart from our "real life"
    the guys who market and sell naruto are doing it to earn money and make a living out of it .....

    but i see what you are trying to say ... i also had that same kind of feelings and view when i was younger and read Dragon ball or FMA

    those political,spritual,friendship,loyalty,love,etc..et c feelings in "real world" due to real reasons its actually better than having those due to a manga

    when you say you are inspired by Naruto its all well and good,... nobody cares ..... but dont try to force it down on someone else and expect others to have the same inspiration or others to have the same view point as you do ....its bad and annoying

    if you take me ... i have a life which i'm happy with... i read Naruto and other manga for the entertainment aspect of nothing more

    if i want to know abt the political ,spritual,inspirations etc...etc ... i'll look in the real world which has real persons who endured real sufferings and gained real success
     
         

  20. #70
    The dark knight Trollnojutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Trollnojutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Uchiha View Post
    Let me get this clear "NARUTO IS A MANGA" not your "political science book" or "10 ways to have a better life" book

    Naruto is a manga for entertainment .... i.e what we have apart from our "real life"
    the guys who market and sell naruto are doing it to earn money and make a living out of it .....

    but i see what you are trying to say ... i also had that same kind of feelings and view when i was younger and read Dragon ball or FMA

    those political,spritual,friendship,loyalty,love,etc..et c feelings in "real world" due to real reasons its actually better than having those due to a manga

    when you say you are inspired by Naruto its all well and good,... nobody cares ..... but dont try to force it down on someone else and expect others to have the same inspiration or others to have the same view point as you do ....its bad and annoying

    if you take me ... i have a life which i'm happy with... i read Naruto and other manga for the entertainment aspect of nothing more

    if i want to know abt the political ,spritual,inspirations etc...etc ... i'll look in the real world which has real persons who endured real sufferings and gained real success
    Well god damn, we'll said sir.
     
         

  21. #71
    REMS Rikodou Sage Chaoz's Avatar
    Status
    Chaoz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    az heat
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like
    There can only be ONE!
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    You know, I can empathize and agree with what your saying I wish more threads were creating focusing on those topics, personally I see alot of narutos world reflected to our own. Theres alot of metaphorical relevancies and it would be nice to discuss more than what we tend to see. While standing on this I also wish more members would converse with logic instead of bias. But..... Yeah.. Not the case
     
         

  22. #72
    Senior Member Sanguis's Avatar
    Status
    Sanguis is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Tbh I don't really try to get involved in top 5s, 10s, 25s, 50s, 100s.... whatever. They are a waste of time, I don't see the point of them and they just clutter the forum of much better threads that become underwhelmed due to this crap.

    Put it this way there is most likely a top ninja thread that is now viral that is probably near exactly the same as one that was in the past.
     
         

  23. #73
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis View Post
    Tbh I don't really try to get involved in top 5s, 10s, 25s, 50s, 100s.... whatever. They are a waste of time, I don't see the point of them and they just clutter the forum of much better threads that become underwhelmed due to this crap.

    Put it this way there is most likely a top ninja thread that is now viral that is probably near exactly the same as one that was in the past.
    !
     
         

  24. #74
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Uchiha View Post
    Let me get this clear "NARUTO IS A MANGA" not your "political science book" or "10 ways to have a better life" book

    Naruto is a manga for entertainment .... i.e what we have apart from our "real life"
    the guys who market and sell naruto are doing it to earn money and make a living out of it .....

    but i see what you are trying to say ... i also had that same kind of feelings and view when i was younger and read Dragon ball or FMA

    those political,spritual,friendship,loyalty,love,etc..et c feelings in "real world" due to real reasons its actually better than having those due to a manga

    when you say you are inspired by Naruto its all well and good,... nobody cares ..... but dont try to force it down on someone else and expect others to have the same inspiration or others to have the same view point as you do ....its bad and annoying

    if you take me ... i have a life which i'm happy with... i read Naruto and other manga for the entertainment aspect of nothing more

    if i want to know abt the political ,spritual,inspirations etc...etc ... i'll look in the real world which has real persons who endured real sufferings and gained real success
    If that's what it is to you, just another anime with fighting, fine....
     
         

  25. #75
    Senior Member 3MESSIAH's Avatar
    Status
    3MESSIAH is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    true,but it` fun
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •