Page 4 of 7 « First 1234567 Last»
Results 76 to 100 of 170
  1. #76
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    Posts
    5,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    And hence you have mocked the story and insulted Kishimotos intelligence.
    No I have accepted that Kishi is human and can sometimes just change his mind about a direction he wants something to go, and he is completely justified in using plot no justu.
     
         

  2. #77
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    No I have accepted that Kishi is human and can sometimes just change his mind about a direction he wants something to go, and he is completely justified in using plot no justu.
    So before plot no jutsu, Kishimoto was an alien?
     
         

  3. #78
    Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    CurseSealofEarth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In a cage. As you observed.
    Posts
    5,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually care what I have
    to say?
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    So before plot no jutsu, Kishimoto was an alien?
    Possibly, do we know if he believes in Scientology? That could explain some things.
     
         

  4. #79
    President Midday's Avatar
    Status
    Midday is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    NarutoBase is only interesting when a new chapter comes out.
     
         

  5. #80
    Demon Sannin RasenUchihaChaos's Avatar
    Status
    RasenUchihaChaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    World That Never Was
    Posts
    5,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    I See The Truth
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by leggomynecro View Post
    What's the difference between a fan and a "true" fan of something? The person who appoints themselves "true" fans have superiority conflicts with "regular" fans. Thank God we all don't behave like true fans.
    well it like a game of thrones the book readers are the true fans while those who only watch it know nothing
     
         

  6. #81
    Truly Immortal HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ryūchidō
    Posts
    13,820
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dragon Sage
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Ha! you say it as if there is only one message!

    Do you want to talk about this or sound like a dumbass?

    All Danzo ever was in this anime was a politician. He was also a raging dictator who thankfully never got his way and actually got what he deserved at Sasukes hand. Homura and Koharu, all they offer is politics all the fukking time.

    Sand alliance with sound, politics

    Danzos amatsukami on Mifune, politics

    Keeping the jinchuuriki confined, politics
    If anything, Danzo is more good than bad, but certain people don't understand the phrase "looking at the big picture".
     
         

  7. #82
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Agreed. Annoying, irrelevant, juvenile discussions about vs threads
     
         

  8. #83
    Mudo's Avatar
    Status
    Mudo is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    44,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obsessed with Fairy Tail now.
    ._.
     



    Re: What the hell and why?

    It is what it is.
     
         

  9. #84
    Mister Donuts jsrhoden's Avatar
    Status
    jsrhoden is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central 46
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Are people really that dull? Naruto has so much to offer! From a philosophical, political and spiritual standpoint, and yet all you people talk about is who is top 5 and who is top 20 all the damn time!

    Is that the only thing you see in this anime?
    The problem doesn't lie in the fact that people talk about their top 5, top 20 and various other character threads, it's the way in which they're done which gets on people's nerves e.g. fanboyism, trolling and not actually having decent debates and character/plot discussion that come to a decent conclusion.

    I understand that Kishi tries to convey some messages in Naruto. I get the general idea, however i'm not really one to get too emotionally attached because as said before on this thread i'd rather relate to a real life scenario made by actual people. I would much rather go and look up different philosophical/religious/cultural ideas rather than read Naruto and act like i'm getting some form of heavenly existentialist inspiration from a few quotes made by the likes of Nagato, Itachi and Obito. I'm not gonna criticize anyone, because obviously we're all different and Naruto may be of more significance to people than others, but for me it's all about just enjoying the story really...
     
         

  10. #85
    Academy Student x EroSennin x's Avatar
    Status
    x EroSennin x is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    So before plot no jutsu, Kishimoto was an alien?
    Do you have a legit argument for anything? So far your replies to good questions have been vague attempts to defend your one point of view "which is that there are many points of view" congrats! You know what self interpretation means. You want to talk about depth in Naruto go ahead, make a post and if anyone finds it interesting you can have your intellectual conversation about an anime whose target audience is preteen and teenage kids. Which if you took the time to think a little it's probably these same young kids who create vs threads because YEAH action appeals to kids and they have the universal question of who's the strongest on their mind. I love Naruto the character development and epic themes sometimes do deserve a discussion, so if you want start one you should, if it's interesting then even better. My point is that this forum is not tailored to just you and your stupid comments sprinkled with fancy words you no doubt used from the same online dictionary from before is getting old, fast. Please post to this and somehow change my opinion of you as an arrogant ass.
     
         

  11. #86
    Senior Member metallica9565's Avatar
    Status
    metallica9565 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    GAI-ZILLA gonna rampage
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

     
         

  12. #87
    The dark knight Trollnojutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Trollnojutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    It means way too much to me. It would take too long to explain.
    Yeah in other words you got nothing, nice try.....again.
     
         

  13. #88
    Member KING KISAME's Avatar
    Status
    KING KISAME is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    797
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chillin
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    It's a wonderful anime with a nice message, but at the end of the day, it's still just an anime. Nothing to get too worked up over about. Instead of following fake characters from a story, follow real people who actually existed. MLK, Ghandi, Jesus. I'm not saying just totally ignore Kishi's message because it's a great message, but don't get riled if others don't see it the same way.
    Yeah what he said^^
     
         

  14. #89
    Member
    Status
    Kellyable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Um...does Nebraska count as a state?
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by x EroSennin x View Post
    Do you have a legit argument for anything? So far your replies to good questions have been vague attempts to defend your one point of view "which is that there are many points of view" congrats! You know what self interpretation means. You want to talk about depth in Naruto go ahead, make a post and if anyone finds it interesting you can have your intellectual conversation about an anime whose target audience is preteen and teenage kids. Which if you took the time to think a little it's probably these same young kids who create vs threads because YEAH action appeals to kids and they have the universal question of who's the strongest on their mind. I love Naruto the character development and epic themes sometimes do deserve a discussion, so if you want start one you should, if it's interesting then even better. My point is that this forum is not tailored to just you and your stupid comments sprinkled with fancy words you no doubt used from the same online dictionary from before is getting old, fast. Please post to this and somehow change my opinion of you as an arrogant ass.
    well, in a "psychological standpoint" you're being arrogant for just judging him based on what he's said on a forum thread. This is just a thread, don't get so angry by it. And plus, some people talk with "fancy" words out of habit, not like they'd waste the time to look these words up to show off to strangers. And just by pointing out the "flaws" in the way he talks, you are indirectly attempting to "tailor" his style of talking into yours.
     
         
    Last edited by Kellyable; 11-14-2012 at 12:30 AM.

  15. #90
    ★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    u wanna die is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    parallel narutoverse
    Posts
    2,779
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Are people really that dull? Naruto has so much to offer! From a philosophical, political and spiritual standpoint, and yet all you people talk about is who is top 5 and who is top 20 all the damn time!

    Is that the only thing you see in this anime?
    chill bro ... grab some snickers
     
         

  16. #91
    Academy Student x EroSennin x's Avatar
    Status
    x EroSennin x is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyable View Post
    well, in a "psychological standpoint" you're being arrogant for just judging him based on what he's said on a forum thread. This is just a thread, don't get so angry by it. And plus, some people talk with "fancy" words out of habit, not like they'd waste the time to look these words up to show off to strangers.
    I am arrogant lol that's why it's easy for me to call another out and who said anything about me being angry.....? By the way words carry a lot of weight and when all you can say is other people are laughable and wrong without really answering the question because you are above it like this kid "You are arrogant!" I don't have to be angry to call a spade a spade.
     
         

  17. #92
    People are like katanas PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Status
    PrinceMyshkin is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    460
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    It's a wonderful anime with a nice message, but at the end of the day, it's still just an anime. Nothing to get too worked up over about. Instead of following fake characters from a story, follow real people who actually existed. MLK, Ghandi, Jesus. I'm not saying just totally ignore Kishi's message because it's a great message, but don't get riled if others don't see it the same way.
    Well I agree in some respect about Kishi having a great message, but I don't think you can discount its credibility just because it's in the format of a manga. Art comes in all forms and i truly believe Kishi's manga is a piece of art which certainly draws on the real world and in many ways reflects realities of the world in a much more engaging way than just looking at MLK or Gandhi. In fact I think Kishi might turn to the very same people for inspiration or that at the very least he is a kindred spirit to them.
    *shameless plug for my own thread http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho....php?t=270518*
     
         

  18. #93
    Member leggomynecro's Avatar
    Status
    leggomynecro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    After all this OP makes a what if vs thread, FFFFAAAAIIILLLLL!
     
         

  19. #94
    Senior Member TurrinB's Avatar
    Status
    TurrinB is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    It's primarily an action series, so most people tend to discuss the action. Seems only natural to me.
     
         

  20. #95
    Space/Time & Necro Release Kamikage's Avatar
    Status
    Kamikage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shinegakure
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    You should know that the reason people do things are for their own enjoyment and benefit, not to please others (and when it is to please others, it's because it will reward them in the end as well, so in the end, it's all for self benefit). So yes, you can learn a great many things from Naruto, but dam* dude. Chill. You saying that Vs Threads and Top 10 Lists are stupid is the as someone reading for pure enjoyment could say that your childish whining and complaining is also equally if not more annoying. Just relax, read/watch the manga/anime, and live life without to much complaining... ^^
     
         

  21. #96
    Member
    Status
    Kellyable is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Um...does Nebraska count as a state?
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by x EroSennin x View Post
    I am arrogant lol that's why it's easy for me to call another out and who said anything about me being angry.....? By the way words carry a lot of weight and when all you can say is other people are laughable and wrong without really answering the question because you are above it like this kid "You are arrogant!" I don't have to be angry to call a spade a spade.
    Please lay off the forums for awhile or take a 'chill pill'. You can't 'call out' someone when all this is a matter of opinion. You can't call a remote, an ugly remote, because that depends on the person looking at the remote.
     
         

  22. #97
    Member AlastorNazura17's Avatar
    Status
    AlastorNazura17 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    510
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    There are a lot of different anime out there and that I've watched, but Naruto still remains my favorite.
     
         

  23. #98
    Academy Student x EroSennin x's Avatar
    Status
    x EroSennin x is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyable View Post
    Please lay off the forums for awhile or take a 'chill pill'. You can't 'call out' someone when all this is a matter of opinion. You can't call a remote, an ugly remote, because that depends on the person looking at the remote.
    So why are you arguing with my opinion right now???? and yes you can call out someone for saying something stupid like you lol who is talking about remotes anyway? If you're referencing me when I used the common expression "calling a spade a spade" then you are thinking too literal and the concept went over your head. I'll let you think about it for another half hour before you post again lol
     
         

  24. #99
    Academy Student
    Status
    Sycophants is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by x EroSennin x View Post
    So why are you arguing with my opinion right now???? and yes you can call out someone for saying something stupid like you lol who is talking about remotes anyway? If you're referencing me when I used the common expression "calling a spade a spade" then you are thinking too literal and the concept went over your head. I'll let you think about it for another half hour before you post again lol
    This person obviously does not know the meaning of an 'example'. haha
     
         

  25. #100
    Academy Student x EroSennin x's Avatar
    Status
    x EroSennin x is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What the hell and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophants View Post
    This person obviously does not know the meaning of an 'example'. haha
    I understand an example when I see it, ones about remotes being ugly or not however.... there definitely are better ones. Like you chirping in all of a sudden. I'd really like to know what else you're thinking about 'Chimes'
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •