Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»
    Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

The infamous Itachi praise about Jiraiya.. implications!!

In part 1 as we all know Kisame said to Itachi "you maybe able to fight him evenly but not me, hes on a whole other level". Itachi replied at best would cause a stalemate. And then added even if there are more of us the result wouldn't change.

I repeated in the exact order of who and what was said and anaylsed each phrase separatly. No one online as far I have seen gives this conversation any justice and as a result either Itachi or Jiraiya get overhyped.I know this is a heated topic but those who know my style of posts I don't throw in illogical thoughts about a matter. So I just thought I'd tell what the real implications of Itachi's statements about Jiraiya.

Kisame before Itachi even opened his mouth said he was no match for Jiraiya and lets try and understand why.

How does kisame win fights, what are his fighting strategies?

Kisame absorb can't Jiraiya's chakra like he always does due sage chakra having a horrible life ending side affect if you can't control natural energy. So that means both Samahada and Kisame can't absorb his chakra to lessen the blows to Jiraiya ninjutsu like he did against killer bee. Quite logical, this is exactly what happened when he fought Gai. Unfortuately Jiraiya and Gai are a bad matchup for Kisame because of his fighting style. What can I say shit happens. You know you should always have a plan B.

Now on to itachi ( I know your dying to read this);

There's a quite a few things to consider about itachi's statements if you don't your neglecting the more important plot points.

Kisame said to Itachi "You maybe able to fight him evenly but not me hes on a whole other level". Itachi replied both him and kisame at best would cause a stalemate.

I've already explained why Kisame felt unable to fight Jiraiya well enough to contribute in a big way to take down Jiraiya. So lets look at Itachi's situation closely because he brings a lot to the table.

Common theory is most say Itachi avioded a fight with Jiraiya because he was trying to protect Konoha as Jiraiya was konoha's strongest ninja at that point in time. But this theory although sounds very plausible given Itachi's loyallty to Konoha has a couple of key problems.

1)Itachi told kisame to kill kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai when Kahashi revealed he knows about Absuki (Jiraiya told Kahashi about Absuki).

2) Itachi didnt stop Kisame from chopping naruto's legs, Jiraiya did at the last second. Infact Itachi after all his rant about jiraiya's proess as a shinobi he mentioned everyone has weakness and got a girl under genjutsu to suduce Jiraiya.

3) Itachi mentioned he actually wanted Sasuke to become the hero of Konoha avenging his apparaent crime. Itachi valued Sasuke over Naruto that much is clear and doesnt need to discussed. Even when Itachi gave Naruto Shuis's EYE he was waiting for the right responses from Naruto to make sure he would help his brother. This as we all know was confrimed when edo Itachi met with Naruto because we understood Itachi's loyallty was based on Shuis's affection to Konoha.

You can see Konoha losing the nine tails hurts them alot, and what Naruto is doing now in the war is proof of that. Losing Jiraiya too is bad no doubt but miltary power wise Itachi didnt seem to care if Konoha lost the nine tails given he knows madara was behind all this to begin with. You can believe what you want but just understand there are problems with this particular theory. Not to mention Itachi's order Kahashi

Now here's my theory
    Itachi did not have the legendary items at this point in time. And with sage mode genjutsu won't work on jiraiya very well, as either Ma and Pa frog can disrupt the chakra flow canceling genjutsu when they are fused when ever needed or vice versa. Not to mention Jiraiya has great chakra control a he is a sage mode user and has knowledge and skill in disrupting his own chakra flow evident when Jiraiya was trying teach naruto this. Some say only a sharingan can break Itachi's genjutsu but why would Jiraiya bother teaching this to Naruto if had it no chance of despelling Itachi's genjutsu. Mind you Jiraiya taugh this to naruto with Itachi in mind, Jiraiya acknowldged Itachi as one of their enemies he even told Naruto this very thing.

Now lets review this situation Itachi would be dealing with, has no legendary weapons and his genjutsu, his strength could be negated where Itachi would be wasting considerable chakra. Also lets not forget Itachi's stamina was affected by his sickness in part 2, was his sickness a factor also? I for one can see why Itachi would have such a reaction to meeting Jiraiya at that point in time given these potenial problems. Also Itachi would know more about Jiraiya than Jiraiya about Itachi given the age gap and Jiraiya's reputation as a sannin and a sage in the shinobi world. So Itachi is in a postion to make an accuate judgement call, Itachi is smart this wasnt just to give his fanboys a reason to overhype.

But what happens to sage mode users while under genjutsu? Would it work the same way for genjutsu users when using genjutsu?
    You are static when under a genjutsu thats a good thing for sage mode users but what about the fundmantal chakra differences. Genjutsu tries to regulate chakra(spiritual + Physical energies) of the victim but sage chakra has spiritual, physical and natural energies. Would this cause problems? Sage chakra is noted to be a stronger this may make it hard to keep Jiraiya in a genjutsu.

One thing about Jiraiya's way of dealing with genjutsu that gets overlooked. The method of disrutping your chakra flow is to cancel genjutsu when your already under the effects of genjutsu, that's why how fast the genjutsu activates doesnt affect the Jiraiya abilty to break it. But genjutsu users try to cancel genjutsu by trying to detect it by noticing flaws in the in the illusion created(thats why genjutsu users are generally intelligent) so ofcourse guys like Orocihmaru and Kahashi will beaten because Itachi is a better genjutsu user. Particlualy MS genjutsu it activates in seconds.

Jiraiya taught this to Naruto for this very reason because you have be a good genjutsu user to detect it and cancel it before it activates. Thats why Jiraiya told him this method as it involves having chakra control something Naruto can improve on as oppose to suddenly becoming a better genjutsu user than Itachi, the same is for Jiraiya. Jiraiya adimitted hes not a use genjutsu type shinobi and told Naruto he wasnt either.

So the only question is do you think Jiraiya can sustain his mental state long enough to disrupt his chakra while under itachi's MS genjutsu? That is the ONLY argurment against Jiraiya's ability to break Itachi's MS genjutsu. I say he is due his unique training he has undertaken for most of his life being sage mode. Sage training needs a strong spirit(aka guts, will of fire...etc) to undertake the training and Jiraiya out of sage mode demonstrated his strong will, that memoral scene of Jiraiya willing himself back from the dead. And MS genjutsu tries to break ones spirit as mentioned by Kisame here(http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...2/page018.html).

Some are even willing to say Itachi's MS genjutsu can't be broken via chakra disuption because Itachi made a claim to Kahashi in part 1 that only a blood relative can be break his MS genjutsu. If Itachi's MS genjutsu can only be broken via blood relation wouldn't the same be for sasuke's MS jutsu they are both blood related? But his MS genjutsu was broken via chaka discuption by Killer bee. What about during the sasuke vs Itachi fight, did sasuke break Itachi's MS jutsu as soon as he activated his curse seal transformation like we saw in the illusion? Or was it because he was blood related? Or was Itachi just playing around as Itachi as it was later mentioned to he could have killed Sasuke if he wanted? So which is it? Either way the claim of Itachi's MS can only be broken via blood relation has no ground anymore.

There are different reasons why itachi said this its regarding Sasuke to keep him in the village as he just put him in his MS genjutsu shortly after that point in part 1 resulting in a coma. Itachi wanted to Sasuke to day in Konoha in that condition so wouldnt we able to leave but Tsande got rid of Itachi's MS genjutsu on sasuke in part 1 which resulted in sasuke following Orocihmaru something Itachi didnt want to happen. The point to Itachi even coming back to Konoha was for sasuke's sake to begin with but choose to go after Naruto to get the nine tails, this why I love it when Itachi fans still say Itachi spared Jiraiya for Konoha' sakes dispite his plans were only to protect Sasuke at this point. The more you look into this the more you realise nothing is unbeatable in accordance to Itachi's words himself "No jutsu is unbeatable".

As a final note the inability of orochimaru and kahashi of dealing with itachi's genjutsu has nothing to do with jiraiya. He is a completely different shinobi when it comes to dealing with genjutsu. Don't underestimate Jiraiya because of the other genjutsu users( orochimaru and kahashi) failing against Itach without considering his strenghts, Jiraiya is different than the others at least acknowledge this.

Now the rest of the Itachi statement,"even if they were more of us the outcome would not change".

Important note who were the other members of Absuski at this point of time. For example Orocihmaru left Absuki long before this event and diedara seems to have been recruited sometime after Orocihmaru left as Sasori the previous partner was solo along with Itachi and Kisame. Its quite possible the only other strong members were Nagato and Kakuzu, even Hidan was a new member based from his talk with Nagato just after they killed Asuma in Part 2. Also at the end of part 1 absuiki decided to met which hasnt happened for many years according to Nagato. And nagato said it was now time to retreive the bjuu which makes sense as Nagato told us absuki first part of his plan was to gather money and the 2nd part was to gather Bjuu. So to call for backup so early in their plans and cause alot commotion wouldnt be possible given the groups other objectives and existing groups members which made Jiraiya at this point in time safe. Just look what happened when Nagato went after naruto the 5 kages unite.

Intresting enough Itachi's statement was a DIRECT FORESHADOWING of how Nagato beat Jiraiya, a 6 vs 1 battle. Initally a 3 v 1 then a surprise attack from behind after Jiraiya killed the inital 3 leading to the conclusion of the fight being 6 vs 1. And finally managed to get kill one after all 6 were present. At the end of the fight Nagato admitted he wouldnt have won if Jiraiya knew about his secert beforehand regarding his pains.

The only thing that I wonder about itachi is when he got these legendary weapons. Where the hell could have found them or who the hell could have gave them to him. They are so powerful I cant see this being neglected much longer by kishi. Tobi(or madara who hell knows) was Itachi's mentor at some point could this be important? And as we all know Orocihmaru was looking for the genjutsu sword his whole life, I can't see Kabuto Neglecting these weapons given his dead master wanted them, it would be a logical reason to use edo tensei on Itachi to get his hands on these BS weapons. An explaination of those weapons is a must.

In short its important to understand how shinobi battle what are their strengths. For example Gai still gets crap like "only won becasuse he didnt have samahada" even though Kisame couldn't absorb his attack's chakra(because it isnt chakra). I feel at the end of the day Itachi didn't know exactly what he was getting into by picking a fight with Jiraiya and opted to aviod fighting him as he got the that girl to separate Jiraiya from Naruto.

So ask yourself why would you pick a fight with someone who is regarded to be a strong shinobi worldwide without gaining intelliegence about his abilties. As strong as Jiraiya is he got into all sorts of problems when fighting Nagato, Nagato adimitted he wouldn't have won without having secerts of his own about his fighting style. We still dont know the full story about sage mode and I highly doubt Itachi knew much at all regarding sage mode. ONLY 4 shinobi have used toad sage mode that we are aware of, this is quite staggering. Naruto and Jiraiya are the sages of recent times and the previous other two sages are Ma and Pa frog and they are approx 800 YEARS OLD. So at least 800 years has past until the next two sages appeared (Naruto and Jiraiya). As you can see there's a very short list to the toad sage club. There have been a lot of shinobi that have failed in the past with all those frog stone statues at the toad mountain. Compare this to the MS sharingan users, they have had 4(madara,Izuna,Itachi and Sasuke) occurrences of it in the past 90 YEARS, although it wasn't until 90 years ago that Madara and Izuna were the first to activate the MS, it never the less has a higher rate of probability of it occuring compared to 2 sages over 800 years between Ma/Pa frog and Jiraiya/Naruto.

Last edited by psukkar; 12-22-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your arms are just too short
    to box with God.

Re: The infamous Itachi praise about Jiraiya.. implications!!

kisame can absorb senjutsu, but it wont end well for him

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Good threory

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

Wow! You really thought about that! Completely agree! +rep

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nice Thread, i agree that itachi's weapons need some background info on how or who gave it to him.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Quote Originally Posted by PerkMachine View Post
    Wow! You really thought about that! Completely agree! +rep
    Ofcourse I did Jiraiya and Itachi are pivatol characters to the series they deserve as such.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Get another hobby.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostofthewind View Post
    Get another hobby.
    Your nice.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Get another hobby.
    Humm u would be surprised how long that post took me to type up lol.

Naruto is the only show I watch so naturally my attention is easily focused on naruto.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

nice thread, research done & presented well...i was wondering the same thing myself concerning the mirror & sword he obtained

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Didn't Itachi just use Tsukuyomi on Kakashi before that? Saying Itachi didn't have legendary weapons is complete speculation. You could make a book of things characters said that aren't true in Naruto. Ex: Naruto said Kakashi was smarter than Shikamaru and had a better nose than Kiba. The 3rd Hokage was said to be the strongest Hokage. Every generation is supposed to surpass the last but Uchiha Madara can take on all 5 Kage at once.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Didn't Itachi just use Tsukuyomi on Kakashi before that? Saying Itachi didn't have legendary weapons is complete speculation. You could make a book of things characters said that aren't true in Naruto. Ex: Naruto said Kakashi was smarter than Shikamaru and had a better nose than Kiba. The 3rd Hokage was said to be the strongest Hokage. Every generation is supposed to surpass the last but Uchiha Madara can take on all 5 Kage at once.
    I dont recall this

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Numbing the passing days...

I agree, good theory. Also I believe that Kabuto and the sword of totsuka must meet. Kabuto thinks Oro got sealed, which he hasn't. If Kabuto knew this he would most likely try to Edo Oro himself.. Let's wait for the next issues and see what happens.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Heck Tobi said he was Madara.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Wow that makes a lot of sense. Well said

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You have put too much unnecessary thought into this. And I don't know why you brought up sage mode, Jiraiya has near enough a 0 chance of getting into SM in such a confined area considering how long it would take. You say Jiraiya has a counter for Tsukuyomi? I wan't to hear it. Then you can tell me how he will dodge Amaterasu in such a small area. Itachi choose to waste his Tsukuyomi on Sasuke and run away from Jiraiya with evidence that he was still able to use Amaterasu. Does this sound like the actions of someone who wanted to fight? Itachi was looking at Jiraiya throughout. After meeting with Sasuke, Itachi had no more reasons to be in Konoha so it was his time to leave. Looking at all of their abilities (since we have been shown enough), it is clear as day that Jiraiya couldn't win against the two, although he is still a very strong Ninja. Also, bringing up the Sannin exuse won't do much. Itachi has already been shown able to take out a Sannin at such a young age, and this was the same Sannin destined to be Hokage before he turned bad.

Last edited by iSpeak; 12-21-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    I dont recall this
    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/142/15

Boom.

Raking Ninja is stupid because they are all tools for the story. Kishi uses them in ways that don't make sense and fights have outcomes that wouldn't happen. Some characters are just bad match-ups. Orochimaru, J-man and Tsunade are symbolic of the Japanese version of rock, paper, scissors (toad, snail, snake).
    Tsunade>Orochimaru
    Orochimaru> J-man
    J-man> Tsunade get it?
    Yes, J-man is probably the strongest of the three but he can't beat Orochimaru, so it doesn't matter.

And finally, Itachi wins. Don't rank ninja because Itachi will always win. He died on purpose, was brought back to life, put himself under genjutsu, beat Nagato, and is going to stop Edo, in which case he'd beat.. himself without ever acutally ever losing. Think about that, agree and then sit in awe of how Itachi just beat you and he's not even real.

Last edited by Ira; 12-22-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Double posting

Supreme Sifu of the Fists Strata Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Learning Hado and Kido Spells under Blinkie Uchiha in Karakura Town.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be on the "Navy
    tub" for 9 long months. I
    shall return.

Well someone has there thinking cap on full blast. ^^ Nice reasons as to why at this point in time that Itachi and Kisame did not want to fight Jiraiya head on.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak View Post
    You have put too much unnecessary thought into this. And I don't know why you brought up sage mode, Jiraiya has near enough a 0 chance of getting into SM in such a confined area considering how long it would take. You say Jiraiya has a counter for Tsukuyomi? I wan't to hear it. Then you can tell me how he will dodge Amaterasu in such a small area. Itachi choose to waste his Tsukuyomi on Sasuke and run away from Jiraiya with evidence that he was still able to use Amaterasu. Does this sound like the actions of someone who wanted to fight? Itachi was looking at Jiraiya throughout. After meeting with Sasuke, Itachi had no more reasons to be in Konoha so it was his time to leave. Looking at all of their abilities (since we have been shown enough), it is clear as day that Jiraiya couldn't win against the two, although he is still a very strong Ninja. Also, bringing up the Sannin exuse won't do much. Itachi has already been shown able to take out a Sannin at such a young age, and this was the same Sannin destined to be Hokage before he turned bad.
    Itachi already decided to not fight jiraiya when he was talking to kisame. Why do u think he made the girl seduce Jiraiya. And Close quarters Jiraiya works better him he quickly put him in his toads in a very dangerous situation. Itachi had to use amatseur just to get out, u think thats a good start to a fight he already used a lot chakra.

And Jiraiya has proven he has straegyies in place to help him meanwhile hes entering sage mode. As dogding amaterus what makes u think Jiraiya would have shadow clones and substuions like any other shinobi. Orocihmaru could do the same.

where does it say itachi didnt have the items then. Or are u refering to his genjutsu? because genjutsu isnt unbeatable Part 2 has shown us this muliple times. Regardless the user, even Ao the byugan user could see shusi genjutsu and thats regarded as the best genjutsu so far.

Raking Ninja is stupid because they are all tools for the story. Kishi uses them in ways that don't make sense and fights have outcomes that wouldn't happen. Some characters are just bad match-ups. Orochimaru, J-man and Tsunade are symbolic of the Japanese version of rock, paper, scissors (toad, snail, snake).
    Tsunade>Orochimaru
    Orochimaru> J-man
    J-man> Tsunade get it?
    Yes, J-man is probably the strongest of the three but he can't beat Orochimaru, so it doesn't matter.

And finally, Itachi wins. Don't rank ninja because Itachi will always win. He died on purpose, was brought back to life, put himself under genjutsu, beat Nagato, and is going to stop Edo, in which case he'd beat.. himself without ever acutally ever losing. Think about that, agree and then sit in awe of how Itachi just beat you and he's not even real.
    why is orocihmaru stronger jiraiya?????

Jiraiya was never in a life and death situtaion against orocihamri. Only against Tsuade(caught him off gaurd, have a perv) and nine tails. And besides from itachi and kisame prasing j-man so did nagato.

Itachi didnt beat nagato solo.

Last edited by Ira; 12-22-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: double posting

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi already decided to not fight jiraiya when he was talking to kisame. Why do u think he made the girl seduce Jiraiya. And Close quarters Jiraiya works better him he quickly put him in his toads in a very dangerous situation. Itachi had to use amatseur just to get out, u think thats a good start to a fight he already used a lot chakra.

And Jiraiya has proven he has straegyies in place to help him meanwhile hes entering sage mode. As dogding amaterus what makes u think Jiraiya would have shadow clones and substuions like any other shinobi. Orocihmaru could do the same.
    I don't understand why you are telling me all this.... shadow clones? summoning toads? Jiraiya was looking at Itachi throughout the whole situation. If Itachi wanted to, he would have put Itachi in Tsukuyomi. Jiraiya never knew of Itachi's MS abilities, which is why he was suprised when he saw Amaterasu. Even Kakashi, a Sharingan user, didn't know of Tsukuyomi. Just like Itachi's fight with Orochimaru and Kakashi, this would have ended instantly. All of Jiraiya's techniques would have been useless. Luckily, Itachi never wanted to kill anyone during his visit, which is why Kakashi and Kisame were both suprised Kakashi was kept alive after Tsukuyomi.

Last edited by iSpeak; 12-21-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak View Post
    I don't understand why you are telling me all this.... shadow clones? summoning toads? Jiraiya was looking at Itachi throughout the whole situation. If Itachi wanted to, he would have put Itachi in Tsukuyomi. Jiraiya never knew of Itachi's MS abilities, which is why he was suprised when he saw Amaterasu. Even Kakashi, a Sharingan user, didn't know of Tsukuyomi. Just like Itachi's fight with Orochimaru and Kakashi, this would have ended instantly. All of Jiraiya's techniques would have been useless. Luckily, Itachi never wanted to kill anyone during his visit, which is why Kakashi and Kisame were both suprised Kakashi was kept alive after Tsukuyomi.

Why?

This thread is about understanding Itachi's mind set.

ITACHI MADE A DECSION NOT to FIGHT JIRAIYA and declared it a dangerous situation, Kisame too. Itachi like he said everyone has weaknesses and acted by spliting up naruto from jiraiya by making her suduce jiraiya.

Kisame was about to chop naruto's legs, Itachi was motionless. Losing the nine tails is a major blow to konoha so why do u think Itachi spared jiraiya for konoha's sake dispite he was willing to put konoha in dire situtaion with no nine tails? That makes no sense to me at all, if it does to you well I think will agree to disagree.

And the isnt in konoha anymore, they are outside konoha.

Ur over simplfing this, Jiraiya has many techniques and summons. Jiraiya isnt going to be one shotted like ur implying. Infact the moment naruto charged at itachi everyone was in a toad. So if wana downgrade jiraiya's jutsu that ur opinion. But things I assure are far more compleciated than they seem.

Also I just remembered Kisame was standing in front of itachi and it was narrow hall way. Jiraiya was funny enough all garuded by kisame. So if an attack was gonna happen kisame would have to get out the way and itachi then would attack. All of which Jiraiya would have plenty of time to prepare defences for that instance of the battle.

Also even naruto was in front of Jiraiya. Itachi would attack everything but jiraiya if decied to use the black flames in that particular instant.

Last edited by psukkar; 12-21-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You know this thread is about understanding Itachi's mind set.

ITACHI MADE A DECSIION NOT to FIGHT JIRAIYA and declared it a dangerous situation, Kisame too. Itachi like he said everyone has weaknesses and acted by spliting up naruto from jiraiya by making her suduce jiraiya.

Kisame was about to chop naruto's legs, Itachi was motionless. Losing the nine tails is a major blow to konoha so why do u think Itachi spared jiraiya for konoha's sake dispite he was willing to put konoha in dire situtaion with no nine tails? That makes no sense to me at all, if does to you well I think will agree to disagree.

And the isnt in konoha anymore, they are outside konoha.

Ur over simplfing this, Jiraiya has many techniques and summons. Jiraiya isnt going to be one shot like ur implying. Infact the moment naruto charged at itachi everyone was in a toad. So if wana downgrade jiraiya's jutsu that ur opinion. But things I assure are far more compleciated than they seem.

Also I just remembered Kisame was standing in front of itachi and it was narrow hall way. Jiraiya was funny enough all garuded by kisame. So if an attack was gonna happen kisame would have to get out the way and itachi then would attack. All of which Jiraiya would have plenty of time to prepare defences for that instance of the battle.

Also even naruto was in front of Jiraiya. Itachi would attack everything but jiraiya if decied to use the black flames in that particular instant.
    Itachi never intended on killing anyone, and wanted to avoid a fight if he could. However, it would have been much more important to keep is secret a secret than to keep Naruto/Kakashi alive. This was the same man who killed the whole of his clan for the safety of Konoha, at this moment in time Kakashi and Naruto meant nothing to him. If he needed to harm them to keep his secret, he would have done so. I doubt Itachi cared about the power status of Konoha (which is why he killed the number 1 clan), he just wanted to keep Konoha safe. After seeing his brother, and reminding him that he needs hatred because he is still weak, he had no other reason to be in Konoha so had to think of an excuse to leave.
    Why won't Jiraiya be one shotted? what makes him so special compared to Orochimaru? Itachi had his back turned to Orochimaru, and still managed to get a genjutsu on him. Just like Orochimaru, Jiraiya won't be able to do any jutsu's.

For the bolded part: , that is a weak excuse. Naruto was standing infront of Jiraiya? He is half the size of Jiraiya. That won't keep Jiraiya from looking at Itachi. Are you telling me Jiraiya never looked at Itachi once? He didn't even know who he was talking to? Come on. Jiraiya is strong, but Itachi is a very bad match up. Believe me, I like Jiraiya and im not hating on him, but it is clear who would have won if they fought for real.

Last edited by iSpeak; 12-21-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diabolical

Itachi could of gotten all of his info on Jiraiya from his Anbu Black Ops days as well :shrug:

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North

Nah lol

i think he was just protecting konoha, and didn't want J man to die by his hands

and if you forgot, he made a deal with tobi not to attack konoha

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

you really thought about this

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»