he is top 10 in my book but not top 5

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Proof Hiruzen deserves top ten is not top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Steel View Post
    he is top 10 in my book but not top 5
    Thanks for the agreement. I do appreciate all compliments and when people agree with me.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Nah hes the weakest. Tsunade does away with him mid--diff

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God hates New Mexico.

+ rep

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Be who you are and say
    what you feel, because those
    who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't
    mind." - Dr. Seuss

Re: Proof Hiruzen deserves top ten if not top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    Hiruzen feats (Everything in the spoilers are manga pages to support my argument excluding one because I have no idea where that page is.

Konoha called him the professor for being able to use all the jutsu that existed in the leaf.

He truly expressed his mastery of ninjutsu in his entire fight with orochimaru. Lacking large chakra reserves yet holding off hashirama/tobirama and orochimaru is a feat within itself not to mention it means he had perfect chakra control since it was stated he did not have chakra reserves like he used too.

He fought against perfect Edo's. I will explain why they were perfect with proof from the manga.

1: Orochimaru did not show any concern of them lacking power. He was slightly impressed with tobirama's suiton skills.

2: Kabuto stated that orochimaru had perfected Edo Tensei later in part 2. He even went on to say that they could use all their original techniques which I believe was kishi subliminally implying that Hashirama and Tobirama were fighting at their full potential. Also to be noted is that Zabuza/Haku/3rd Raikage/Nagato ect did not show a decrease in power when fighting with no emotions. Even Naruto went on to say that he was more powerful after his emotions were gotten rid of.

Orochimaru had full knowledge of Hiruzen but still could not destroy the leaf village due to hiruzen sealing his ninjutsu and the 1st/2nd hokages.

Hiruzens chakra while severely lacking had a powerful aura to it. It was able to shatter the very ground he was standing on when released. In my opinion that's badass in every aspect of the word.

His speed with hand seals was incredible. Being able to match Orochimaru who was originally supposed to be hokage and being able to attack the 1st and 2nd hokage before they could even form a seal with Fire Dragon Napalm. Lets not forget Orochimaru was a prodigy and a genius ninja.

Hiruzen showed absolutely no fear when the thought of facing the 1st and 2nd hokage's went into his mind. His only concern was against Minato. This shows that Hiruzen while already confident about beating orochimaru was confident in beating the 1st and 2nd hokage as well.

He was able to destroy Wood release with ease using Enma. Something naruto while albeit on a higher scale has only been able to accomplish. I speak of hashirama's perfect wood releasenot Yamato's. Also not even Susanoo's arrows could destroy wood release but only pierce it.

The ANBU acknowledged both Orochimaru, Hashirama, Tobirama, and Hiruzen of being far from any level less then kage. They state it was so advanced meaning only kage level ninja would have a chance in a fight like this.

While struggling to use his Enma in his transformed state, he was able to slip explosive tags on Tobirama and Hashirama without either noticing along with orochimaru. This shows his ability to employ stealth tactics in broad daylight without Kage level ninja noticing. Quite a feat.

Hiruzen didn't use Death Reaper seal just because it was his only seal, but due to the fact that it was the most logical and tactical seal to use. A normal seal would allow orochimaru to summon the 1st and 2nd hokage's again thus prolonging the fight. By using the Death Reaper seal he made it so Konoha can never be attacked by the 1st hokage/2nd hokage/and orochimaru.

Orochimaru who was his student acknowledged him as the God of Shinobi. While he may only be called the God of Shinobi in konoha, it is a testament to his skills. Furthermore Kabuto acknowledges him as the strongest kage of the current 5. (4th Kazekage, 3rd Tschukage, 5th Mizukage, 4th Raikage.)

While using clones he was able to smell Hashirama and Tobirama out in a genjutsu. This is quite arguably is one of the greatest feats for hiruzen. Genjutsu disrupts the shinobi's senses already, clones are only equal to 10% of your skills, yet Hiruzens clones while having disrupted senses were able to smell out hashirama and tobirama and capture them. That is like being blind, only having 10% energy, and beating mike tyson in his prime.

Hiruzen was known to be able to use 1,000 skills(genjutsu in the viz translation) not by ebisu but also sakura acknowledges it.

It was even stated that in his fight with orochimaru and previous hokages he was on equal footing with them. Displaying powers that are beyond that of Hashirama alone, Tobirama alone, and Orochimaru alone. (search bar ftw)

Iruka stated that the third hokage was "The strongest of all" meaning all previous hokages that came before him were weaker then him yes that includes Minato since he was prior to his current term.

It was said that hiruzen fought on the front lines of the Second Shinobi world war. For him to do that fighting against terribly powerful ninja's like Hanzo in his prime(he was stated to be the strongest ninja of his time), the third kazekage(strongest kazekage), and the third tschukage who we have seen is no joke. This only exemplifies his prowess being able to fight battles against these types of shinobi's while surviving.

Hiruzen stated that his powers were far superior to Tobirama before Tobirama's death.

Refuting arguments

Any sort of "This is why hashirama is stronger" argument only makes hiruzen look stronger. You have to understand that since Hashirama was fighting with full use of his powers under a perfected edo tensei(see manga chapter 520 or my section on why it was perfected) it only makes hiruzen look more impressive.

"well iruka's word is worthless since its iruka he is fodder"
    Not at all actually. Ultimately it is kishimoto speaking through his characters. Just like when Orochimaru stated hiruzen was the God of Shinobi, that actually wasn't necessary at all in the sentence. He could of just said old age caught up with you but no he said he was the God of shinobi. That title is only shared with the Sage of Six Paths meaning its a far superior title then someone thinking your powers were a fairy tale.

I'm not even gonna get the 1st and 2nd databooks involved since the manga provides so much proof of his status. He rightfully deserves the top ten status through feats and his history.

This isn't too say previous hokages don't deserve top ten or your top ten is weaker, but its to give credit where credit is due. Hiruzen even though he was last written about 13 years ago still proves to be a more capable ninja then the majority out there.
    You are a legend!

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by startup97 View Post
    You are a legend!
    Thank you lol, i'm surprised it really didn't take that long to get this information.

Shunshin no Jutsu oOYellow FlashOo's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ill agree hiruzen is not the top 5.but he is in the top 10

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~

nice work
    hiruzen gets underrated sometimes

Senior Member Izuna Kakashi Senju's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think "Prime Hiruzen" might be top 5 material but until we see Hiruzen in his prime I say he is top 15 as he was almost equal to Orochimaru in part I.

Senior Member Izuna Kakashi Senju's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Prince View Post
    Nah hes the weakest. Tsunade does away with him mid--diff
    Tsunade cannot beat the Professor, she was having trouble with Oro who was drugged and couldn't use his hands, while Hiruzen was giving a healthy Orochimaru trouble and sealed two edo hokages and Orochimaru's arms, i would like to see Tsunade do that.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

I agree with you to some degree, Hiruzen is definitely very underrated. However, I don't think he's top 10 material, the ones at the top all have some super powerful techniques or traits which would resort in them defeating Hiruzen. He was very powerful all around, but he didn't have any Kekkei Genkais, Bijuu powers, or anything like that.
    Very nice thread however, repped for the great effort

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Does it matter? He's dead.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Be who you are and say
    what you feel, because those
    who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't
    mind." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Does it matter? He's dead.
    Yes, Yes it does so!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He shouldn't even be ranked since we know nothing about.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bleh

Hiruzen DID NOT fight against perfect edos. Kabuto is the only one that perfected that technique. The ones Oro created clearly pale in comparison to what Hashirama was really capable of as shown by Madara's use of Hashirama's Jutsus in the Manga.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

By hype: maybe.
    Bt feats: no way. Most of Akatsuki would defeat him quite easily.

Most people dont see that Orochimaru was basically playing with Hiruzen for most of the time.

Last edited by Turson; 11-21-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    2014 is coming. I can already
    feel the changes =]

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    Hiruzen feats (Everything in the spoilers are manga pages to support my argument excluding one because I have no idea where that page is.

Konoha called him the professor for being able to use all the jutsu that existed in the leaf.

He truly expressed his mastery of ninjutsu in his entire fight with orochimaru. Lacking large chakra reserves yet holding off hashirama/tobirama and orochimaru is a feat within itself not to mention it means he had perfect chakra control since it was stated he did not have chakra reserves like he used too.

He fought against perfect Edo's. I will explain why they were perfect with proof from the manga.

1: Orochimaru did not show any concern of them lacking power. He was slightly impressed with tobirama's suiton skills.

2: Kabuto stated that orochimaru had perfected Edo Tensei later in part 2. He even went on to say that they could use all their original techniques which I believe was kishi subliminally implying that Hashirama and Tobirama were fighting at their full potential. Also to be noted is that Zabuza/Haku/3rd Raikage/Nagato ect did not show a decrease in power when fighting with no emotions. Even Naruto went on to say that he was more powerful after his emotions were gotten rid of.

Orochimaru had full knowledge of Hiruzen but still could not destroy the leaf village due to hiruzen sealing his ninjutsu and the 1st/2nd hokages.

Hiruzens chakra while severely lacking had a powerful aura to it. It was able to shatter the very ground he was standing on when released. In my opinion that's badass in every aspect of the word.

His speed with hand seals was incredible. Being able to match Orochimaru who was originally supposed to be hokage and being able to attack the 1st and 2nd hokage before they could even form a seal with Fire Dragon Napalm. Lets not forget Orochimaru was a prodigy and a genius ninja.

Hiruzen showed absolutely no fear when the thought of facing the 1st and 2nd hokage's went into his mind. His only concern was against Minato. This shows that Hiruzen while already confident about beating orochimaru was confident in beating the 1st and 2nd hokage as well.

He was able to destroy Wood release with ease using Enma. Something naruto while albeit on a higher scale has only been able to accomplish. I speak of hashirama's perfect wood releasenot Yamato's. Also not even Susanoo's arrows could destroy wood release but only pierce it.

The ANBU acknowledged both Orochimaru, Hashirama, Tobirama, and Hiruzen of being far from any level less then kage. They state it was so advanced meaning only kage level ninja would have a chance in a fight like this.

While struggling to use his Enma in his transformed state, he was able to slip explosive tags on Tobirama and Hashirama without either noticing along with orochimaru. This shows his ability to employ stealth tactics in broad daylight without Kage level ninja noticing. Quite a feat.

Hiruzen didn't use Death Reaper seal just because it was his only seal, but due to the fact that it was the most logical and tactical seal to use. A normal seal would allow orochimaru to summon the 1st and 2nd hokage's again thus prolonging the fight. By using the Death Reaper seal he made it so Konoha can never be attacked by the 1st hokage/2nd hokage/and orochimaru.

Orochimaru who was his student acknowledged him as the God of Shinobi. While he may only be called the God of Shinobi in konoha, it is a testament to his skills. Furthermore Kabuto acknowledges him as the strongest kage of the current 5. (4th Kazekage, 3rd Tschukage, 5th Mizukage, 4th Raikage.)

While using clones he was able to smell Hashirama and Tobirama out in a genjutsu. This is quite arguably is one of the greatest feats for hiruzen. Genjutsu disrupts the shinobi's senses already, clones are only equal to 10% of your skills, yet Hiruzens clones while having disrupted senses were able to smell out hashirama and tobirama and capture them. That is like being blind, only having 10% energy, and beating mike tyson in his prime.

Hiruzen was known to be able to use 1,000 skills(genjutsu in the viz translation) not by ebisu but also sakura acknowledges it.

It was even stated that in his fight with orochimaru and previous hokages he was on equal footing with them. Displaying powers that are beyond that of Hashirama alone, Tobirama alone, and Orochimaru alone. (search bar ftw)

Iruka stated that the third hokage was "The strongest of all" meaning all previous hokages that came before him were weaker then him yes that includes Minato since he was prior to his current term.

It was said that hiruzen fought on the front lines of the Second Shinobi world war. For him to do that fighting against terribly powerful ninja's like Hanzo in his prime(he was stated to be the strongest ninja of his time), the third kazekage(strongest kazekage), and the third tschukage who we have seen is no joke. This only exemplifies his prowess being able to fight battles against these types of shinobi's while surviving.

Hiruzen stated that his powers were far superior to Tobirama before Tobirama's death.

Refuting arguments

Any sort of "This is why hashirama is stronger" argument only makes hiruzen look stronger. You have to understand that since Hashirama was fighting with full use of his powers under a perfected edo tensei(see manga chapter 520 or my section on why it was perfected) it only makes hiruzen look more impressive.

"well iruka's word is worthless since its iruka he is fodder"
    Not at all actually. Ultimately it is kishimoto speaking through his characters. Just like when Orochimaru stated hiruzen was the God of Shinobi, that actually wasn't necessary at all in the sentence. He could of just said old age caught up with you but no he said he was the God of shinobi. That title is only shared with the Sage of Six Paths meaning its a far superior title then someone thinking your powers were a fairy tale.

I'm not even gonna get the 1st and 2nd databooks involved since the manga provides so much proof of his status. He rightfully deserves the top ten status through feats and his history.

This isn't too say previous hokages don't deserve top ten or your top ten is weaker, but its to give credit where credit is due. Hiruzen even though he was last written about 13 years ago still proves to be a more capable ninja then the majority out there.

Fighting Hiruzen with full potential? Pit Madara against him then if he wins I'll consider it

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    2014 is coming. I can already
    feel the changes =]

Quote Originally Posted by KidGamer65 View Post
    He shouldn't even be ranked since we know nothing about.
    ^This, all this is based on assumption of words and titles, its just all hype

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    赤砂のサソリ

:D

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People only Die Because They
    Accept Death as an
    Inevitability

Amazing. Plus rep.. You are amazing good sir.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People only Die Because They
    Accept Death as an
    Inevitability

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiLeeHatake View Post
    Perhaps the Edo's were perfect. That doesn't change the fact that the Senju's didn't use anywhere close to their full arsenal.
    what was he suppose to use that he didnt.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Dammit! I unliked it accidentally! Sorry man......great effort!

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 paths View Post
    I agree with you to some degree, Hiruzen is definitely very underrated. However, I don't think he's top 10 material, the ones at the top all have some super powerful techniques or traits which would resort in them defeating Hiruzen. He was very powerful all around, but he didn't have any Kekkei Genkais, Bijuu powers, or anything like that.
    Very nice thread however, repped for the great effort
    Thanks I appreciate the rep and appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by HadouKage View Post
    ^This, all this is based on assumption of words and titles, its just all hype
    I was speaking on solely old hiruzen not prime.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bored.Terrible weather.

i totally agree with you i raed half the thing soory i was a bit tirred by the way good info