Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    - - - Waltz's Avatar
    Status
    Waltz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madara's Hair
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.
     

    The Insignificant Senju Clan

    From the start, Kishi could've given Senju all of Uzumaki's redeeming features without the sealing jutsus, and made Naruto just a "normal" kid. Or, if he wanted to link Naruto to Rikudou by force, just make Uzumaki's the originary clan and let Senju be known for what they theorically are, the Younger Son descendants.

    This is under the premise that I did not include Hashirama as a standard Senju, since his powers were never found in other Senju and he is, thus, an anomaly, while Uzumakis powers can be traced in all Uzumakis introduced.

    We've got the confirmation that Uzumaki = Senju in inheritance, meaning that, bluntly, Senju are relegated even more in the trash can as they already were (You have a bunch of Sharingan-wielding Uchihas and you only have 1 Mokuton user in the entire Senju clan as far as the history goes?).

    Senju's worth was, up until now, basically having the Younger Son's body and pure inheritance, while Uzumaki were basically "distant cousins", very much like one can assume Hyuugas are for Uchihas.

    With this last piece of information though, I can't help but feel how useless Senju are portrayed by the author, almost like they were just stuffed there to make a connection that wasn't with Naruto, for reasons unknown ( since Naruto and Sasuke are compared to Hashirama and Madara since part 1 ).

    Objectively, Uzumakis have received the gifts Rikudou bestowed upon his Younger Son, while Senju don't have shit.

    Lets compare the two based on what the manga has said so far:

    Senju Clan:

    -Bigger than average chakra reserves
    -Talent

    This basically makes them equals to non-Sharingan Uchihas ( remember Sasuke? Above average chakra reserves and outstanding talent ), which makes them good, great ninjas, but nothing more.Hardly someone discending from Rikudou Sennin.

    Uzumaki Clan:

    -Bigger than average chakra reserves ( Naruto, Nagato, Kushina, Mito )
    -Incredible longevity/vitality
    -Incredible stamina
    -Special kind of chakra ( Karin, Naruto, Kushina, Mito )
    -Body capable of withstanding and housing tailed beasts ( Naruto, Kushina, Mito )

    Uzumakis have basically the body of the Sage:
    great chakra pools, incredibly resilient and with great longevity, and also capable of housing tailed beasts, just like Rikudou did in the past with Juubi.
     
         

  2. #2
    "I am Justice" - L kevenc's Avatar
    Status
    kevenc is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Uzumaki > Senju > Uchiha.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member xjimbox's Avatar
    Status
    xjimbox is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Just like anywhere man..
    Posts
    4,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Insert clever/deep
    meaningful quote here"
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Yeah I see what you mean :D
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Noobastank's Avatar
    Status
    Noobastank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Louisiana [x] California []
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    :lmao: meaningless...
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    naruto is only like a senju because he got the yang chakra from the kyuubi making him like the younger son,senju and hashi
    if he didn't have the kyuubi he only have enough chakra to use sage mode
    and don't forget that hashirama had the scrolls of seals
     
         

  6. #6
    - - - Waltz's Avatar
    Status
    Waltz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madara's Hair
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by kevenc View Post
    Uzumaki > Senju > Uchiha.
    From the escessence of the manga it should be:

    Senju (sage descendants) > Uzumaki (relative clan)
    Uchiha (Sage descendants) > Hyuga (possible relative)

    Being that the Youger son defeated the elder son the list should be:

    Senju > Uchiha > Uzumaki > Hyuga
     
         
    Last edited by Waltz; 11-14-2012 at 02:27 AM.

  7. #7
    the one ^^ the truth's Avatar
    Status
    the truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You think ideals alone
    can change the world?"
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    yeah if we ignore mokuton and HOLY OVERRATED senju dna than you are right
     
         

  8. #8
    A Sly One! CasualMisfit's Avatar
    Status
    CasualMisfit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Good points raised on all accounts. Fact is I often wondered why the Senju's were considered so great. Senju Hashirama for the most part seemed to carry the clan ans it's reputation. But having said that... we know him to be the strongest of the Senju while Madara is the strongest of the Uchiha! Doesn't go to say that the rest are meaningless.

    However. Given the blood traits of the Uzumaki, one would indeed think that they would be in more of a position to be labeled as those gifted with the sages body. It seems like abit of a screw up. Above all else, their sealing techniques are also reminiscent of the so6p incredible sealing jutsus.

    If anything the Uzumaki seem to have inherited more from Rikudo than the senju!

    As for Naruto himself. I preferred it when we thought that he didn't come from any grand lineage. Just an ordinary kid. And then we discover he is the fourth hokage's son (Pretty predictable) and hailed from a clan so feared and powerful that a joint effort was made to wipe them out.

    I know Kishi is trying to draw paralleles between Naruto and Sasuke. But it's alil too much imo at times.

    Naruto vs Nagato (clan members "brothers")
    Sasuke vs Itachi (clan members, actual brothers)
    Uchiha clan destroyed/Uzumaki clan destroyed (very few survivors scattered around)
    Sasuke's father (leader of Uchiha)
    Naruto's father (leader of Konoha)
    Naruto and Sasuke's mothers (friends)

    I get it.... the whole ying yang thing, but if it were truly a ying yang concept. There would be more of a difference in the characters backgrounds.

    But I digress!
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    what other senju have their been besides hashi,tobirama, and tsunade anyways
    how did you come up with these assumptions
    sasuke doesn't have a lot of chakra just powerful chakra his fireball jutsu are huge cause of strong chakra
    naruto has a lot of chakra and can make a lot of shadow clones
     
         

  10. #10
    - - - Waltz's Avatar
    Status
    Waltz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madara's Hair
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by rollin View Post
    naruto is only like a senju because he got the yang chakra from the kyuubi making him like the younger son,senju and hashi
    if he didn't have the kyuubi he only have enough chakra to use sage mode
    and don't forget that hashirama had the scrolls of seals
    My point is, When the manga is referring to the senju clan they are solely referring to Hashirama Senju. So far he's the only uchiha that has displayed Mokuton Use. While on the other hand, all of the uchiha have sharingan both male and female.

    Naruto should be a direct descendant of the Senju Clan if he was to be pitted against Sasuke (a member of the Uchiha Clan) as a representation of Senju/Younger son vs Uchiha/Elder son. But instead he's from Uzumaki, a distant relative. You are also right. Without the Kyuubi's yang chakra, he wouldn't progress beyond SM. It seems to all be a chance of events as to why naruto is who he is
     
         

  11. #11
    Member Naruto Boss's Avatar
    Status
    Naruto Boss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    565
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    yeah you have a very good point there hashirama was the only special senju while all uchiha's are special because they all can awaken the sharingan and they all have because there isn't one uchiha who as said that haven't done so.
     
         

  12. #12
    Member hypnoz's Avatar
    Status
    hypnoz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    I dont know but i hv this feeling about senju clan
    hashirama senju married uzumaki mito
    & they have son/daughter then married n tsunade was born..
    I dont know tsunade surname..didnt mentioned by kishi be4 rite
    i assume it is tsunade senju..
    After that tsunade fall in love with dan kato
    When dan died, i think tsunade pregnant dan's son
    which is minato..but because of very sad with nawaki n dan's death
    she leave the village n give minato to some family in the village
    maybe that family surname is namikaze, so minato namikaze
    kishi never show minato's parent..n jiraiya always take care of minato
    maybe jiraiya is foster father for minato coz he love tsunade so much..
    If minato knows his mother is tsunade senju, maybe his name not minato namikaze anymore,
    It should be minato senju..then minato married uzumaki kushina n uzumaki naruto was born
    technically if naruto knows his grandmother is tsunade senju, maybe his name now is naruto senju..
    The senju clan still exist but kishi trying to hide it n will reveal it at the end of the story, who knows..
    N this is just my opinion, peace
     
         

  13. #13
    Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    Prime Rib is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Who is well more known in the ninja world present? uchiha or senju? UCHIHAs
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDogGeneral View Post
    My point is, When the manga is referring to the senju clan they are solely referring to Hashirama Senju. So far he's the only uchiha that has displayed Mokuton Use. While on the other hand, all of the uchiha have sharingan both male and female.

    Naruto should be a direct descendant of the Senju Clan if he was to be pitted against Sasuke (a member of the Uchiha Clan) as a representation of Senju/Younger son vs Uchiha/Elder son. But instead he's from Uzumaki, a distant relative. You are also right. Without the Kyuubi's yang chakra, he wouldn't progress beyond SM. It seems to all be a chance of events as to why naruto is who he is
    ok i see your point
    i just hope it shows more senju
    we got naruto,kushina,nagato,karin from the uzumaki clan
    and madara,itachi,shisui,sasuke,izuna,obito,and many more
    but only like three senjus Hashi,tobi,and tsunade
     
         

  15. #15
    Member
    Status
    warpathixclan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto Boss View Post
    yeah you have a very good point there hashirama was the only special senju while all uchiha's are special because they all can awaken the sharingan and they all have because there isn't one uchiha who as said that haven't done so.
    lmao we dont have enough knowledge on the senju clan, tobirama was a senju and he invented edo, invented space time, mastered water jutsu , common bro
     
         

  16. #16
    - - - Waltz's Avatar
    Status
    Waltz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Madara's Hair
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by CasualMisfit View Post
    Good points raised on all accounts. Fact is I often wondered why the Senju's were considered so great. Senju Hashirama for the most part seemed to carry the clan ans it's reputation. But having said that... we know him to be the strongest of the Senju while Madara is the strongest of the Uchiha! Doesn't go to say that the rest are meaningless.

    However. Given the blood traits of the Uzumaki, one would indeed think that they would be in more of a position to be labeled as those gifted with the sages body. It seems like abit of a screw up. Above all else, their sealing techniques are also reminiscent of the so6p incredible sealing jutsus.

    If anything the Uzumaki seem to have inherited more from Rikudo than the senju!
    Now this is my problem. This is no way possible, being that the Uzumaki are not the direct descendants of the Sage.
    The only way i see this happening, is under early Generations. Possibly the Younger son likewise had two sons, one which inherited majority of his abilities (which he inherited from the sage) and started the uzumaki Clan. But if this was the case, I'm sure it would've been mentioned by now.

    This is why i would believe it's more of a screw up, than another mystery that would be elaborated on.

    Quote Originally Posted by CasualMisfit View Post
    As for Naruto himself. I preferred it when we thought that he didn't come from any grand lineage. Just an ordinary kid. And then we discover he is the fourth hokage's son (Pretty predictable) and hailed from a clan so feared and powerful that a joint effort was made to wipe them out.

    I know Kishi is trying to draw paralleles between Naruto and Sasuke. But it's alil too much imo at times.

    Naruto vs Nagato (clan members "brothers")
    Sasuke vs Itachi (clan members, actual brothers)
    Uchiha clan destroyed/Uzumaki clan destroyed (very few survivors scattered around)
    Sasuke's father (leader of Uchiha)
    Naruto's father (leader of Konoha)
    Naruto and Sasuke's mothers (friends)


    I get it.... the whole ying yang thing, but if it were truly a ying yang concept. There would be more of a difference in the characters backgrounds.

    But I digress!
    how can you digress with all these valid points ?
    but
    Nice points. I have also wondered this. There are just too much similarities for this to be a rivalry. I also think kishimoto is a bit biased to the way he solely expounds on the Uchiha clan, leaving the Senju behind like nothing. Naruto originally should have great sealing jutsu, and this is very important especially for the opponents he now facing (Madara ). Meh, i get the feeling kishimoto will just bring up some random even and give naruto sealing jutsu. Its kinda biased how he just "Gives Naruto Powerup's" to look more like a parallel to the Younger son of the Sage.

    Quote Originally Posted by rollin View Post
    ok i see your point
    i just hope it shows more senju
    we got naruto,kushina,nagato,karin from the uzumaki clan
    and madara,itachi,shisui,sasuke,izuna,obito,and many more
    but only like three senjus Hashi,tobi,and tsunade
    Exactly. I'm not sure what kishimoto's intentions are but eh, this seems kinda weird. Either he has something planned or it's a big screw up. If the series is nearing it's end, then i dont belive he will give an explanation to this, Leaving a higher chance for it being a major screw up.
     
         
    Last edited by Waltz; 11-14-2012 at 02:51 AM.

  17. #17
    Hyƍton KGB Kakuzu's Avatar
    Status
    KGB Kakuzu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Checking my Psycho Pass
    Posts
    12,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin
     

    Re: The Insignificant Senju Clan

    I mean the odd thing is that Obito said that the Senju rivaled the Uchiha so despite only being large chakra wielding shinobi they had so much talent they could four even with the monsters that are the Uchiha! I would say they have been taken down in reputation mostly because we know nothing about them other then one was a monster with water, one is the equivalent of s tank, and one was a tank that had mokuton.....wish Kishi would just go ahead and clear up who the Senju were and explain the Hyuga Uchiha relationship if there even is one!
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •