Page 14 of 18 « First ... 4101112131415161718 Last»
Results 326 to 350 of 439
  1. #326
    Uchiha member. ixc's Avatar
    Status
    ixc is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSlick View Post
    So I guess you're admitting defeat now, right? Since you obviously can't come up with productive enough counters.
    WITH PRODUCTIVE ENOUGH COUNTERS? Dude i've come up with enough counters to your ***gish Kamui and you just can't admit that i'm right that's why i turned into TROLLSTYLE.

    Are you kids really trying to win an ARGUMENT on this pathetic Base?
     
         

  2. #327
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Then how else did he remove the flames? And if the jutsu must be activated before the attack, as you say, why was Danzō seemingly hurt by Sasuke's Susano'o arrow before the jutsu (Izanagi) was used [1]? That page even states that wounds or death can be trolled, not 'avoided' in a sense.
    Ive no idea how he got rid of amaterasu, but it DEFINITELY wasnt izanagi, it cannot be.


    Ill explain to you again. Izanagi is an illusion used the caster. In this illusion every injury that the caster sustain's when the illusion ends, thats it. Nothing happens to the caster because its an illusion.

    In the image you showed. Danzo activated izanagi before the arrow and when he got impaled by that was izanagi, he has used it before the arrow and that image actually explains how izanagi works.

    For the briefest of moments the user casts the illusion and everything that happens in the illusion didnt happen when the illusion ends.

    Ill give you two examples of what im talking about. As we all know sasuke tricked danzo with a genjutsu and make him think that he had one more eye for izanagi;



    Basically when the eye closes is when the technique ends. Danzo wasnt sure about izanagi's duration and sasuke took advantage of this and make him think that the last eye was still open meaning izanagi was still activated, however that eye was closed. His last izanagi had ended. He attacked sasuke head on thinking that because the eye was still opened if he takes damage, its in izanagi therefore he trolls sasuke and kills sasuke.

    But he didnt know that izanagi had ended and what was about to happen wasnt izanagi but real life.

    Ill use Otbio as another example. He used izanagi before the blasts started when he grabs his mask;



    If tobi had used izanagi after the technique he would be dead because its real life. Its the illusion and that only where the user of izanagi evades death.

    I dont usually use wikipedia but they explain it alot better. I cannot be asked so ill take the easy way out.
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Izanagi

    For tobi to have trolled amaterasu with izanagi he wouldve had to have used it before the amaterasu
     
         
    Last edited by Blaze Release; 11-17-2012 at 10:00 PM.

  3. #328
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Alright, although I can't see why the technique would have that kind of restriction. Is it only limited to what Danzō showed? Why would Uchiha sacrifice an eye for an attack that they could see coming? Of course, i'm not suggesting that such a jutsu could be used after a person has passed away. But I see no reason why it couldn't be used to, say, recover from getting stabbed in the back; the user would be totally caught by surprise, and this seems to be a scenario more suited to the use of Izanagi, as it would turn critical injuries into nothingness. Why use Izanagi to remove a jutsu or injury you could've simply avoided in the first place - if they have time to use the handseals, why not just move out the way? Anyhow, there can't be another other way for Obito to have avoided Amaterasu. He could not have used Kamui, since the flames would move with him into his pocket dimension. Unless we're saying Obito has a method of trolling Amaterasu at will (a method outside of Izanagi) - that's actually totally fine by me.
     
         

  4. #329
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Alright, although I can't see why the technique would have that kind of restriction. Is it only limited to what Danzō showed? Why would Uchiha sacrifice an eye for an attack that they could see coming? Of course, i'm not suggesting that such a jutsu could be used after a person has passed away. But I see no reason why it couldn't be used to, say, recover from getting stabbed in the back; the user would be totally caught by surprise, and this seems to be a scenario more suited to the use of Izanagi, as it would turn critical injuries into nothingness. Why use Izanagi to remove a jutsu or injury you could've simply avoided in the first place - if they have time to use the handseals, why not just move out the way? Anyhow, there can't be another other way for Obito to have avoided Amaterasu. He could not have used Kamui, since the flames would move with him into his pocket dimension. Unless we're saying Obito has a method of trolling Amaterasu at will (a method outside of Izanagi) - that's actually totally fine by me.
    Just go back to obito vs konan. Obito had already achieved great damage BEFORE izanagi. Even after izanagi he still had these damages which was an arm. That is because its real life and not the illusion where he achieved these damage. In the illusion and there only is where you can troll damage. Any damage that wasnt during izanagi's duration is real

    As for the bold, the possibilities are endless. As the manga says



    "During an important fight where uchiha were not allowed to fail izanagi was extremely useful". This could very well translate to basically casting the illusion therefore for that brief moment they are invincible if they along with their opponent inflict fata damage upon each other, they survive because its an illusion on themselves. Their opponent however dies.

    The scenario where danzo tried to kill sasuke by taking the blow head on and thinking he would survive because its izanagi is a great example.
     
         

  5. #330
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    Just go back to obito vs konan. Obito had already achieved great damage BEFORE izanagi. Even after izanagi he still had these damages which was an arm. That is because its real life and not the illusion where he achieved these damage. In the illusion and there only is where you can troll damage. Anyway damage that wasnt during izanagi's duration is real

    As for the bold, the possibilities are endless. As the manga says



    "During an important fight where uchiha were not allowed to fail izanagi was extremely useful". This could very well translate to basically casting the illusion therefore for that brief moment they are invincible if they along with their opponent inflict fata damage upon each other, they survive because its an illusion on themselves. Their opponent however dies.

    The scenario where danzo tried to kill sasuke by taking the blow head on and thinking he would survive because its izanagi is a great example.
    Well yeah, Izanagi is only influencing the injuries received for that set period of time - for Obito, it would've been the 'injuries' he sustained while inside the Kami no Shisha, not for those picked up beforehand. What you're saying is true, but i'm asking you if it's only restricted to these examples. It doesn't make sense for people to be using Izanagi when they can simply avoid the attack. Has the manga said that Izanagi's effectiveness is only limited to when it's activated before the injury is sustained? And you have to consider Obito's example, because if what you're saying is completely set in stone, Obito can overcome Amaterasu without Kamui and without Izanagi. That makes him even more hax.
     
         

  6. #331
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Well yeah, Izanagi is only influencing the injuries received for that set period of time - for Obito, it would've been the 'injuries' he sustained while inside the Kami no Shisha, not for those picked up beforehand. What you're saying is true, but i'm asking you if it's only restricted to these examples. It doesn't make sense for people to be using Izanagi when they can simply avoid the attack. Has the manga said that Izanagi's effectiveness is only limited to when it's activated before the injury is sustained? And you have to consider Obito's example, because if what you're saying is completely set in stone, Obito can overcome Amaterasu without Kamui and without Izanagi. That makes him even more hax.
    Again even after tobi used izanagi, his injuries that he sustained before izanagi was there even after izanagi. Only in the illusion and there only can you evade damage.

    Im not certain what tobi used to evade amaterasu, perhaps he also can put it out via his ms. However it definitely wasnt izanagi. He would have to have used it before amaterasu and when he was caught off guard like that. he clearly didnt think that such a thing could happen
     
         

  7. #332
    Senior Member Sexy Steel's Avatar
    Status
    Sexy Steel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    konan put obito in a tight spot, and she had knowledge just think of what would happen if itachi had that kind of knowledge ?

    obito has said he would he dead if he didn't keep a few secrets from itachi. (this is in fact the reason konan lost that fight, because she didn;t have knowlegde of inzanagi, in itachi's case i think it's the opposite, itachi doesn't know about kamui but he knows of izanagi.)
     
         

  8. #333
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    Again even after tobi used izanagi, his injuries that he sustained before izanagi was there even after izanagi. Only in the illusion and there only can you evade damage.
    Yeah, because Izanagi isn't for an infinite period of time. If you have an Izanagi lasting only 30 seconds then only injuries sustained in that 30 second period would be wiped. And i'm asking you.

    Im not certain what tobi used to evade amaterasu, perhaps he also can put it out via his ms. However it definitely wasnt izanagi. He would have to have used it before amaterasu and when he was caught off guard like that. he clearly didnt think that such a thing could happen
    Alright, it would only make things easier for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Steel View Post
    konan put obito in a tight spot, and she had knowledge just think of what would happen if itachi had that kind of knowledge ?

    obito has said he would he dead if he didn't keep a few secrets from itachi. (this is in fact the reason konan lost that fight)
    He never said he'd lose to Itachi in a fight if the latter had knowledge.
     
         

  9. #334
    Senior Member Sexy Steel's Avatar
    Status
    Sexy Steel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Yeah, because Izanagi isn't for an infinite period of time. If you have an Izanagi lasting only 30 seconds then only injuries sustained in that 30 second period would be wiped. And i'm asking you.



    Alright, it would only make things easier for him.



    He never said he'd lose to Itachi in a fight if the latter had knowledge.
    he said he would be dead if itachi knew all about him, i know obito meant that if he had no defense for amaterasu he would be dead.

    but what he refers to is that if itachi knew of obito's powers itachi would have approached obito differently, itachi just used amaterasu because he knew obito had no counters for it (at least that's what he thought because he had limited knowledge )
     
         

  10. #335
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Steel View Post
    he said he would be dead if itachi knew all about him, i know obito meant that if he had no defense for amaterasu he would be dead.

    but what he refers to is that if itachi knew of obito's powers itachi would have approached obito differently, itachi just used amaterasu because he knew obito had no counters for it (at least that's what he thought because he had limited knowledge )
    He said he'd have been dead 'right now' had Itachi known that he had some sort of counter to Amaterasu (and tried something else instead). That doesn't equate to 'Itachi could defeat me in the past". If you read the whole chapter then you would've seen that the entire conversation revolved around Itachi's Amaterasu transcription seal and it's plantation in Sasuke. Not that Itachi could've defeated him in the past. There wasn't even a mention of a one on one fight.
     
         

  11. #336
    Senior Member Sexy Steel's Avatar
    Status
    Sexy Steel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    He said he'd have been dead 'right now' had Itachi known that he had some sort of counter to Amaterasu (and tried something else instead). If you read the whole chapter then you would've seen that the entire conversation revolved around Itachi's Amaterasu transcription seal and it's plantation in Sasuke. Not that Itachi could've defeated him in the past. There wasn't even a mention of a one on one fight.
    my post had nothing to do with itachi defeating obito in the past, i just stated that things would be different if itachi has knowledge which is what obito was trying to say and i also made a reference to konan
     
         

  12. #337
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Yeah, because Izanagi isn't for an infinite period of time. If you have an Izanagi lasting only 30 seconds then only injuries sustained in that 30 second period would be wiped. And i'm asking you.
    Thats basically it. To upload image's.

    Tobi had sustained damage before izanagi here;

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/509/14

    He used izanagi here;

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/4

    When he went to get nagato's rinnegan after using genjutsu on konan to get this info he still had the injuries he had before izanagi;

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/16
     
         

  13. #338
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Steel View Post
    my post had nothing to do with itachi defeating obito in the past, i just stated that things would be different if itachi has knowledge which is what obito was trying to say and i also made a reference to konan
    I was not only referring to your recent post, but another you had actually made earlier on in this thread, a statement which was completely fallacious in the sense that it implied Itachi could've killed Obito in a one on one fight.
     
         

  14. #339
    Senior Member Sexy Steel's Avatar
    Status
    Sexy Steel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    I was not only referring to your recent post, but another you had actually made earlier on in this thread, a statement which was completely fallacious in the sense that it implied Itachi could've killed Obito in a one on one fight.
    that's what i posted what i posted :sy:

    i didn't quote anyone did i was simply correcting what i said. (or a change of opinion)
     
         
    Last edited by Sexy Steel; 11-17-2012 at 10:52 PM.

  15. #340
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    Thats basically it. To upload image's.

    Tobi had sustained damage before izanagi here;

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/509/14

    He used izanagi here;

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/4

    When he went to get nagato's rinnegan after using genjutsu on konan to get this info he still had the injuries he had before izanagi;

    http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/16
    From what I understand, you're saying that Izanagi must be activated before the injury is received because that is how Danzō approached the situation. I am merely asking you if the manga has stated that Izanagi is limited to this approach only. Because from where I stand, the jutsu could infact be used the moment a critical blow has already been dealt; and it's that brief period of time which the jutsu can erase. That brief period of time in which the injury was inflicted becomes an illusion, my example being Obito vs Amaterasu. It just doesn't make sense to me that this forbidden jutsu would/could only be used for predictable scenarios. If it were so predictable, why sacrifice an eye for it? Why not do something else about it? I got the impression that Izanagi could also be used to troll the moments where Uchiha simply were not allowed to fail - moments that they could not foresee.
     
         
    Last edited by OnPoint; 11-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.

  16. #341
    Boss TrollingSage's Avatar
    Status
    TrollingSage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Well yeah, Izanagi is only influencing the injuries received for that set period of time - for Obito, it would've been the 'injuries' he sustained while inside the Kami no Shisha, not for those picked up beforehand. What you're saying is true, but i'm asking you if it's only restricted to these examples. It doesn't make sense for people to be using Izanagi when they can simply avoid the attack. Has the manga said that Izanagi's effectiveness is only limited to when it's activated before the injury is sustained? And you have to consider Obito's example, because if what you're saying is completely set in stone, Obito can overcome Amaterasu without Kamui and without Izanagi. That makes him even more hax.
    Well think about Sasuke vs Deidara. When Deidara was about to blow himself up and Sasuke could do nothing about it. Izanagi would have been useful then. Another example would be Madara's meteors or Chibaku tensei. All good examples of jutsus you can see coming but can do nothing to avoid them. Having izanagi would be useful in those scenarios.
    And also don't forget the sharingan has pre cog abilties.
    And about what Tobi did to the flames. Am pretty sure he simply warped it to his pocket dimension. It sounds like the obvious thing to do doesnt it?
     
         
    Last edited by TrollingSage; 11-17-2012 at 11:01 PM.

  17. #342
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by TrollingSage View Post
    Well think about Sasuke vs Deidara. When Deidara was about to blow himself up and Sasuke could do nothing about it. Izanagi would have been useful then. Another example would be Madara's meteors or Chibaku tensei. All good examples of jutsus you can see coming but can do nothing to avoid them. Having izanagi would be useful in those scenarios.
    Refer to my most recent post.
     
         

  18. #343
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    From what I understand, you're saying that Izanagi must be activated before the injury is received because that is how Danzō approached the situation. I am merely asking you if the manga has stated that Izanagi is limited to this approach only. Because from where I stand, the jutsu could infact be used the moment a critical blow has already been dealt; and it's that brief period of time which the jutsu can erase. That brief period of time in which the injury was inflicted becomes an illusion, my example being Obito vs Amaterasu. It just doesn't make sense to me that this forbidden jutsu would/could only be used for predictable scenarios. If it were so predictable, why sacrifice an eye for it? Why not do something else about it? I got the impression that Izanagi could also be used to troll the moments where Uchiha simply were not allowed to fail - moments that they could not see coming.
    Never had the manga stated that its izanagi and the first introduction to this technique was danzo using it. At the bold part. Already been dealt means that its already happened before the illusion. Its not during the illusion that this attack landed on the opponent. You are basically saying that you can evade damage by using izanagi after the damage and this is incorrect.

    Tobi still got his injuries he sustained before izanagi,
    Danzo's eye's that close if you class it as damage wasnt affected after izanagi. His eyes was still shut

    Anyway we have drifted abit so ill leave this
     
         
    Last edited by Blaze Release; 11-17-2012 at 11:04 PM.

  19. #344
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Nahhhh fam. Obito did it - telling you it was Izanagi. Otherwise, Obito > Amaterasu w/o Kamui & Izanagi. That is where this will be essentially left.
     
         

  20. #345
    Karasu Blaze Release's Avatar
    Status
    Blaze Release is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Why do you care?
    Posts
    11,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Nahhhh fam. Obito did it - telling you it was Izanagi. Otherwise, Obito > Amaterasu w/o Kamui & Izanagi. That is where this will be essentially left.
    It was either kamui or he could also extinguish it. So far to me it seems only those with amaterasu can extinguish the flames, however perhaps a mastered ms user can also even if they do not posses this technique. Kamui is also viable. This isnt the first time that kamui has warped ninjutsu. Kakashi has warped susano arrow, rasnegan, kage bunshin. Tobi was about to absorb konan's attack but instead slipped right through it.
     
         

  21. #346
    Senior Member
    Status
    xxSAGExx is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Wow. No. first off Itach made the pact with Tobi which was for Tobi to help him kill the Uchiha and leave the rest of Konoha alone and he'll join him. Tobi simply used Itachi's skills to gain tailed beasts. Tobi is a genius himself, he's the one who planned mostly everything that happened to this point. Yes he said if Itachi knew all of his secrets he would be dead, yet he knew way more about Itachi than even itachi thought he did (he told Sasuke this) So he could have killed off Itachi who didn't know everything about him. Plus you seem to lack the info we recently got about Madara who knows all of the Sharingan's secrets taught Tobi everything he knows.

    Plus What itachi said about Madara (Tobi) being "a pathetic shell of his former self", He thought Tobi was Madara and Tobi does not have Madara's power and skill, Tobi even called himself a shell of his former self while faking to be Madara. Also Itachi said himself that both Izanagi and Izanami were used by the uchiha long ago even among thmselves so please tell me why would Tobi only know about 1 of the 2 when he was taught everything by Madara? Yeah I thought so.

    Tobi Always had Wood element and able to summon Gedo Mazo (recent Chapters prove this). Tobi knows the jutsus Itachi can use and can break out of them so nothing Itachi could to but keep up their pact. If Tobi failed to keep the pact then Itachi said he will tell all 5 nations all of Akatski's(sp?) secrets and seeing how none of the countries really did anything about them until Sasuke attacked the kages, Tobi made full use of Itachi. It was only Konoha then Sand Village who did something to Akatski(sp?) and Sand didn't until Gaara was taken.
     
         

  22. #347
    Don't front. OnPoint's Avatar
    Status
    OnPoint is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    PartyNextDoor.
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    It was either kamui or he could also extinguish it. So far to me it seems only those with amaterasu can extinguish the flames, however perhaps a mastered ms user can also even if they do not posses this technique. Kamui is also viable. This isnt the first time that kamui has warped ninjutsu. Kakashi has warped susano arrow, rasnegan, kage bunshin. Tobi was about to absorb konan's attack but instead slipped right through it.
    The mastered MS theory is plausible but entirely speculative. It couldn't have been Kamui since the flames had already latched themselves onto Obito's body. Could he really suck up the black flames into his pocket dimension? I doubt it. Konan made it clear that he had to be attacked whilst his intangibility remained turned off. And he couldn't have phased out of it since they would've remained on his body even in the other dimension. He was screaming, so we know the heat affected him for a measurable period of time. He came back and his clothes hadn't been scorched. Can Amaterasu not even burn through light clothing? If it were Kamui, he would still have some burn marks. For me, Izanagi is most likely the big secret he kept from Itachi, seeing as Konan (who had done a comprehensive amount of research into Obito's Kamui and the like) was also caught off guard by his use of it.
     
         

  23. #348
    POKEMON ORIGINS. James Harrsion's Avatar
    Status
    James Harrsion is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    718
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Do People forget Obito could summon Gedo Mazo?
    Gedo Mazo > Itachi..
     
         

  24. #349
    Serpent Sage Orochimagus's Avatar
    Status
    Orochimagus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sound Village
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    There is no other big secret but Izanami. If Konan was aware of Kamui and how it worked, so was the more reliable Itachi. Uchiha Itachi made a lot of mistakes and failures, but outright stupidity is not one of them. He would have known about Obito's phasing so this is why he made it a surprise attack. He did manage to kill Obito but didn't count in Izanagi. Also take into account that Izanagi is introduced shortly after that. Big techniques are always foreshadowed. Quit being unreasonable.

    And Wood Release > Uchiha techs. Senju > Uchiha. Senju + Uchiha = Obito so...Obito > Itachi. There is no way Itachi could handle him.
     
         

  25. #350
    Senior Member Microsword57's Avatar
    Status
    Microsword57 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

    Mangekyou Sharingan Itachi would defeat Mangekyou Sharingan Obito. I notice when people often argue that Obito would defeat Itachi they use Kamui as a counter to 2 of Itachi's most feared techniques. Amaterasu and Susanoo. These two techniques are not needed during this battle. Everyone that is in favor of Obito speaks with words such as "How would Itachi counter Kamui", "Itachi can't even touch Obito" and "All Obito needs to do is touch Itachi and that's the match." I will be repsonding to all of these messages and all messages similar to these. How would Itachi defeat Obito? This will also be answered in this post.

    Shadow Clones are important in Itachi's arsenal. With the use of these "teleporting to Itachi and absorbing him" becomes much more difficult than mentioned. If their are 2 clones of Itachi and the Orignal Itachi roaming the area the chance of the Orignal Itachi being noticed is low. Now with the use of these clones Itachi can stay on offense while shrouding his existence. Absorbing a clone of Itachi would cause far more problems for Obito than known. Shadow clones are known to give their experience's directly to the User[1]. If a Clone is absorbed the experience of being absorbed and being in the other Dimension would now be apart of his intelligence. This would give Itachi an estimate of how long it takes Obito to absorb him and what the other Dimension is like. If a Clone is stuck within the Kamui Dimension Itachi and his clone would easily simulate the Scenario with Kakashi and Naruto[1]. This would make it so that every time Obito attempts to be intangible by sending parts of his body to the Kamui Dimension the Clone would Assault. Itachi would also have the option of causing damage to Obito as soon as he Absorbs a Clone using his Clone Explosion Technique[1]. During the absorbtion of a clone Itachi would Simulate again another Scenario. Instead this would be the Scenario with Konan[1]. As she was being absorbed she exploded[1]. These are the damages from the explosion even though Obito absorbed most of the Technique[1]. Both weakness of Kamui would be exploited through the use of Shadow Clones while still masking Itachi's presence. Being Tangible during absorption and being intangible would both be exploited. To add on to Obito's dangers is Genjutsu.


    Itachi has a Mastery of Genjutsu. Now I know simply "stating the obvious" and "talking about his powers" will not prove my point but you do indeed have to look closer at what Genjutsu does. Genjutsu causes Apparitions and Facades through the use of the Opponents five senses. Itachi specializes and taking advantage of the human ability of sight. Obito being able to see would still be vulnerable to Genjutsu even if his body is not vulnerable to physical attacks. Now with Obito being under Itachi's Genjutsu his chance of "teleporting to Itachi and absorbing him" is greatly reduced. Obito's senses will be playing tricks on his mind. This will cause him to see only what Itachi want's him to see and if Itachi does not want Obito to see him then Obito will not be capable of doing so. Being under the influence of Itachi's Genjutsu would give Itachi the chance to shut down Obito's Intangiblity. This is possible for Itachi because he can stack Genjutsu over Genjutsu. Even though Kabuto was under Izanami, Itachi used another Genjutsu to control his body while his mind was distracted[1]. Theoretically Itachi would be able to force Obito to make his body Tangible.

    The combination of the two techniques, Shadow Clones and Genjutsu would reduce Obito's chances of finding Itachi to touch him and Absorb him. With Obito's eyes playing tricks on him and their being more than 1 Itachi his chances of teleporting the wrong one would be largely increased and this would give Itachi the chance to use his clones for explosion, information and/or Assaults in the Kamui Dimension. Genjutsu and Shadow Clones together would imitate a situation like this. Their are 3 cards turned backwards so you can only see the red side of the card. You have to find the Queen of Hearts, but you are wearing a blindfold, and the cards and moving around the room. Every time you touch the wrong card or touch something that is not the card you get shocked. The Cards are Itachi and his Clones. The Cards being Turned backwards are a representation of the Clones being identical to Itachi. The blindfold is the Genjutsu. You represent Obito. The cards moving around are the Clones and Itachi in motion. While you do have a chance of getting the Queen your chances are extremely low. If you did not have a blindfold but the cards were still turned backwards you would still have a hard time finding the card. If the cards were turned frontward but you had a blindfold on and could not see through it you would have a hard time touching the right card, you would have a hard time even touching the card. With a combination of the two your chances are way to low to rely on.

    Rebuttals to possible responses, "Obito knows not to look into Itachi eyes so Itachi can not get Obito in a genjutsu." Itachi has shown to put Opponents in genjutsu through simply pointing[1](Ephemeral). Kakashi had information about not looking in Itachi eyes and was put in Tsukuyomi[1]. Naruto had information about Looking in his eyes and was put in a Genjutsu through Ephemeral[1]. Sasuke knows the most about Itachi's Genjutsu and was put in 3[1][2][3]. By now it should be known that in a fight with Itachi you will be put in a Genjutsu. One was Tsukuyomi included. "Obito has Izanagi so even if Itachi lands a deadly attack Obito can make it an Illusion." Itachi possesses Izanagi's Partner jutsu[1]. Izanami is a Jutsu made to force an Opponent to except their destiny and through the backgrounds of their jutus has been shown to be the only counter to Izanagi[1][2].


    Note#This is not aimed towards Obito possessing Rinnegan, Gezo, etc.
     
         
    Last edited by Microsword57; 11-18-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •