Page 15 of 18 « First ... 51112131415161718 Last»
    Status
    Nov 2011
    N/A

Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

Though with that statement I think that he meant that if Itachi knew about his secret(which I believe was Izanagi) he would've most likely come up with a plan that would have actually overcome Izanagi. Or that if he didn't have Izanagi he could've been dead though I'm more inclined to believe he would've made a plan that wouldn't fail due to Obito's Izanagi.

As for the whole vs thing with knowledge, I do believe Itachi has what it takes to pull off a win. Though he doesn't have technique to continously spam Obito with for 5 mins, the techniques that he does have are practically techniques that might force him to use Izanagi if he's hit by them. The problem in Itachi's case is landing a hit but through the use of those explosive shadow clones, he should be able to pull it off by causing confusion.

As for genjutsu, not sure how this'll work out since they're both highly skilled with it. Itachi's was shown through all the variations he had with it and Obito's through the few that he was shown to have used that were also good enough to even place a perfect jinjuuriki under his control.

It's also important not to forget that if Obito does warp Itachi in the manga, it'll practically just change the battlefield. If he still plans to kill him, then he'll have to go into his dimension himself to fight Itachi the same way he had been fighting with him previously. If he just keeps him in there, then he would have trouble when he engages in combat against other opponents since Itachi might still be waiting for him in the other dimension just incase he chooses to send some of his body parts into the other dimension to become "intangible".

In 1v1 fights we have at the base, we don't include other shinobi so if Obito warps someone, it would count as a win here since the opponent won't be able to come back. Pretty much as if those two were the last two people on earth. In the manga, even if he warps someone, it won't be a win if they'll still cause problems in fights that he could engage with against other people.

In other words, MS Obito didn't have a powerful offence that would get rid of an opponent for good(excluding Mokuton). Mokuton could be more than useful against Itachi's Susanoo if he uses it to attack from below.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Microsword57 View Post
    Mangekyou Sharingan Itachi would defeat Mangekyou Sharingan Obito. I notice when people often argue that Obito would defeat Itachi they use Kamui as a counter to 2 of Itachi's most feared techniques. Amaterasu and Susanoo. These two techniques are not needed during this battle. Everyone that is in favor of Obito speaks with words such as "How would Itachi counter Kamui", "Itachi can't even touch Obito" and "All Obito needs to do is touch Itachi and that's the match." I will be repsonding to all of these messages and all messages similar to these. How would Itachi defeat Obito? This will also be answered in this post.

Shadow Clones are important in Itachi's arsenal. With the use of these "teleporting to Itachi and absorbing him" becomes much more difficult than mentioned. If their are 2 clones of Itachi and the Orignal Itachi roaming the area the chance of the Orignal Itachi being noticed is low. Now with the use of these clones Itachi can stay on offense while shrouding his existence. Absorbing a clone of Itachi would cause far more problems for Obito than known. Shadow clones are known to give their experience's directly to the User[1]. If a Clone is absorbed the experience of being absorbed and being in the other Dimension would now be apart of his intelligence. This would give Itachi an estimate of how long it takes Obito to absorb him and what the other Dimension is like. If a Clone is stuck within the Kamui Dimension Itachi and his clone would easily simulate the Scenario with Kakashi and Naruto[1]. This would make it so that every time Obito attempts to be intangible by sending parts of his body to the Kamui Dimension the Clone would Assault. Itachi would also have the option of causing damage to Obito as soon as he Absorbs a Clone using his Clone Explosion Technique[1]. During the absorbtion of a clone Itachi would Simulate again another Scenario. Instead this would be the Scenario with Konan[1]. As she was being absorbed she exploded[1]. These are the damages from the explosion even though Obito absorbed most of the Technique[1]. Both weakness of Kamui would be exploited through the use of Shadow Clones while still masking Itachi's presence. Being Tangible during absorption and being intangible would both be exploited. To add on to Obito's dangers is Genjutsu.

Itachi has a Mastery of Genjutsu. Now I know simply "stating the obvious" and "talking about his powers" will not prove my point but you do indeed have to look closer at what Genjutsu does. Genjutsu causes Apparitions and Facades through the use of the Opponents five senses. Itachi specializes and taking advantage of the human ability of sight. Obito being able to see would still be vulnerable to Genjutsu even if his body is not vulnerable to physical attacks. Now with Obito being under Itachi's Genjutsu his chance of "teleporting to Itachi and absorbing him" is greatly reduced. Obito's senses will be playing tricks on his mind. This will cause him to see only what Itachi want's him to see and if Itachi does not want Obito to see him then Obito will not be capable of doing so. Being under the influence of Itachi's Genjutsu would give Itachi the chance to shut down Obito's Intangiblity. This is possible for Itachi because he can stack Genjutsu over Genjutsu. Even though Kabuto was under Izanami, Itachi used another Genjutsu to control his body while his mind was distracted[1]. Theoretically Itachi would be able to force Obito to make his body Tangible.

The combination of the two techniques, Shadow Clones and Genjutsu would reduce Obito's chances of finding Itachi to touch him and Absorb him. With Obito's eyes playing tricks on him and their being more than 1 Itachi his chances of teleporting the wrong one would be largely increased and this would give Itachi the chance to use his clones for explosion, information and/or Assaults in the Kamui Dimension. Genjutsu and Shadow Clones together would imitate a situation like this. Their are 3 cards turned backwards so you can only see the red side of the card. You have to find the Queen of Hearts, but you are wearing a blindfold, and the cards and moving around the room. Every time you touch the wrong card or touch something that is not the card you get shocked. The Cards are Itachi and his Clones. The Cards being Turned backwards are a representation of the Clones being identical to Itachi. The blindfold is the Genjutsu. You represent Obito. The cards moving around are the Clones and Itachi in motion. While you do have a chance of getting the Queen your chances are extremely low. If you did not have a blindfold but the cards were still turned backwards you would still have a hard time finding the card. If the cards were turned frontward but you had a blindfold on and could not see through it you would have a hard time touching the right card, you would have a hard time even touching the card. With a combination of the two your chances are way to low to rely on.

Rebuttals to possible responses, "Obito knows not to look into Itachi eyes so Itachi can not get Obito in a genjutsu." Itachi has shown to put Opponents in genjutsu through simply pointing[1](Ephemeral). Kakashi had information about not looking in Itachi eyes and was put in Tsukuyomi[1]. Naruto had information about Looking in his eyes and was put in a Genjutsu through Ephemeral[1]. Sasuke knows the most about Itachi's Genjutsu and was put in 3[1][2][3]. By now it should be known that in a fight with Itachi you will be put in a Genjutsu. One was Tsukuyomi included. "Obito has Izanagi so even if Itachi lands a deadly attack Obito can make it an Illusion." Itachi possesses Izanagi's Partner jutsu[1]. Izanami is a Jutsu made to force an Opponent to except their destiny and through the backgrounds of their jutus has been shown to be the only counter to Izanagi[1][2].

Note#This is not aimed towards Obito possessing Rinnegan, Gezo, etc.
    lol you did your research for itachi. but how about obito? you can't make an assumption just by reviewing all of the skills of one side. you have to know both sides. how much do you know exactly about obito?

and yes, obito can counter amaterasu and susanoo with his default jutsu, kamui.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    The mastered MS theory is plausible but entirely speculative. It couldn't have been Kamui since the flames had already latched themselves onto Obito's body. Could he really suck up the black flames into his pocket dimension? I doubt it. Konan made it clear that he had to be attacked whilst his intangibility remained turned off. And he couldn't have phased out of it since they would've remained on his body even in the other dimension. He was screaming, so we know the heat affected him for a measurable period of time. He came back and his clothes hadn't been scorched. Can Amaterasu not even burn through light clothing? If it were Kamui, he would still have some burn marks. For me, Izanagi is most likely the big secret he kept from Itachi, seeing as Konan (who had done a comprehensive amount of research into Obito's Kamui and the like) was also caught off guard by his use of it.
    Couldn't have been izanagi even after ive explained it. Ill instead just upload a DB entry which hints towards kamui as the possible answer

DB hints towards kamui. Secondly after izanagi works, he wouldve had to have used it before amaterasu therefore when he himself is an illusion he trolls amaterasu.

Apart from the fact that its hinted that its kamui, it further states that tobi doesnt use the ms in the presence of other akatsuki members. We do know that he used in the midst of konan/deva path though even then he was a few metres away he used it.

So basically, the DB has revealed that he is careful around akatsuki members when he uses the ms which we can translate as kamui. Db secondly hints that its kamui that he used to evade amaterasu. So what tobi said when he talked about hiding secrets from itachi otherwise he would be dead right now, links with the 2 evidence in the DB.

The secrets is the ms that he doesnt use in the presence of akatsuki members. Its this secret (ms that we can translate as kamui) is what allowed him to evade amaterasu. Which brings me to the fact that the DB supports not many people even knowing about kamui. Kamui far outweighs izanagi if we were to speculate

And Khaydz5 you need to calm down

Last edited by Blaze Release; 11-18-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilt View Post
    Let me answer your question with an analogy. If I made a pact with you to never have sex with your wife, and didn't do so for years, but then had sex with your wife after you died, but before your body was cold, then I didn't care about the pact. I cared about you reacting to me breaking the pact.
    Wow this is stupid u proved the other guys point if he dies that woman is no longer be his wife so u r not having sex with his wife cause she is now a widow so there is no point in keeping the pact

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

The only counter to obito/tobi is kakashi only kumi can counter kumi that is what this last fight is showing us none of itachis moves would work on tobi if u say other wise u r STUPID unless itachi can make 600 billion bomb clones he is screwed it's that simple tobi was never scared of itachi or of Nagato he just wanted to use them as long as he could

Status
    Aug 2012
    waitng for fairytail to come
    out again >.<

good theory

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Itachi is the best... Obito was no more than a ghost passin thro objects before he took Nagato's eyes...
    More over, itachi could trap obito in a genjutsu any time....

Status
    Jul 2012
    all my bit2hes love me nd i
    love my bit2hes

itachi never knew who is obito and the his power but according to obito who knew itachi and his power said itachi could have killed him if itachi knew him bcos he lied to itachi.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by khaydz5 View Post
    lol you did your research for itachi. but how about obito? you can't make an assumption just by reviewing all of the skills of one side. you have to know both sides. how much do you know exactly about obito?

and yes, obito can counter amaterasu and susanoo with his default jutsu, kamui.
    I did not research this was simply knowledge i had. I also did not know you wanted me to make a full Versus thread between the two. If you look back some pages this is my response to eariler people. Read the first Paragraph of what I wrote I am responding to specific comments. I am also baffled on what part was assumption? Then you start talking about Susanoo and Amaterasu which my post had nothing to do with.....

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Above All

This is getting out of hand.

Obito could've killed Itachi too. It all depends on plot.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Johnson

No Itachi can win against Obito... Im over fanboys -_-

Status
    Feb 2012
    in a unknown dimension where i was sent by kakashi
    He was the greatest genius the
    academy had seen since it's
    foundation.... there hasn't
    been a finer student than him

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    I agree. If tobi could have killed itachi he wouldn't have made a pact with him in the first place.
    im completely agree tobi only makes pacts with people he fears as in kabuto and itachi end of

POKEMON ORIGINS. James Harrsion's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

Did people forget Gedo Mazo > Itachi

The Legendary Devil Hunter Minator93's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Being the best isn't all it's
    made out to be. When you're
    strong, you become arrogant
    and withdrawn. Even if what
    you sought after was your
    dream.

I can't believe this thread!! I mean come on Itachi > Obito?? What's next??

Apparently Itachi can use Izanagi!! Kishimoto you should learn things from this thread.

I am going to make few threads now

1. Itachi could have killed Nagato.
    2. Itachi could've Solo'd the Akatsuki.
    3. Edo Madara was lucky because he didn't face Itachi

Status
    May 2012
    Always Chilling

hell yea

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    Couldn't have been izanagi even after ive explained it. Ill instead just upload a DB entry which hints towards kamui as the possible answer

DB hints towards kamui. Secondly after izanagi works, he wouldve had to have used it before amaterasu therefore when he himself is an illusion he trolls amaterasu.

Apart from the fact that its hinted that its kamui, it further states that tobi doesnt use the ms in the presence of other akatsuki members. We do know that he used in the midst of konan/deva path though even then he was a few metres away he used it.

So basically, the DB has revealed that he is careful around akatsuki members when he uses the ms which we can translate as kamui. Db secondly hints that its kamui that he used to evade amaterasu. So what tobi said when he talked about hiding secrets from itachi otherwise he would be dead right now, links with the 2 evidence in the DB.

The secrets is the ms that he doesnt use in the presence of akatsuki members. Its this secret (ms that we can translate as kamui) is what allowed him to evade amaterasu. Which brings me to the fact that the DB supports not many people even knowing about kamui. Kamui far outweighs izanagi if we were to speculate

And Khaydz5 you need to calm down
    Blaze Release solo's all Itachi haters.

Status
    Feb 2012
    "In the Temple of Uchiha
    Gods".

Didn't Obito fool Itachi by making him look like Madara? Obito is indeed smarter than Itachi ...

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    Whilst nice of you to think im 'soloing' people im not.
    Also the use of the term 'haters' is annoying. To me it looks like a fanboy who has gotten his heart broken and with limited knowledge on the manga cannot come up with any decent argument so cling to what comes to his head first, which is usually the term hater.

If itachi does indeed have haters its to be expected. He sits at the top of the food chain with only a handful of people above him. Hating such a high calibre ninja if anything is a blessing in disguise.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

You guys overrate Itachi too much

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Itachi didn’t know Tobi was Obito! :sy: If he knew he could’ve definitely killed him! :y
    If he knew his real identity & how his powers were countered he wouldn’t have pushed his luck, taking his time & implanting Amaterasu into Sasuke’s eyes!
    The only one who knew Tobi or so-called Madara was Obito was the black & white Zetsu! :y
    Also if Obito didn’t called himself Madara in front of other people no one could've taken him seriously!
    That’s the why no one dared to attack him in those times!
    All of your other questions have also been solved in my mind…!!!

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagatoballer View Post
    The only counter to obito/tobi is kakashi only kumi can counter kumi that is what this last fight is showing us none of itachis moves would work on tobi if u say other wise u r STUPID unless itachi can make 600 billion bomb clones he is screwed it's that simple tobi was never scared of itachi or of Nagato he just wanted to use them as long as he could
    Itachi has 0 moves that work on Tobi tell me how he can win and genjustsu is not an answer Tobi has ms and bolth senju and harishima DNA genjustu is the easiest thing to counter because it is so OP and madara was coaching him I will repeat one more time itachi has 0 moves that work on Tobi unless he makes 600 BILLION clone bombs and lures Tobi to them itachi looses every time only madara is above Tobi in the food chain but Tobi has 1 weakness his other eye that he gave to his best friend so kakashi with help is tobis only weakness

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

[QUOTE=Blaze Release;9148139

If itachi does indeed have haters its to be expected. He sits at the top of the food chain with only a handful of people above him. Hating such a high calibre ninja if anything is a blessing in disguise.[/QUOTE]

a handful of people above him yes and Tobi is one of them and people only hate itachi cause people like u say he would win every fight against anyone I bet u think itachi can beat madara and harishima and any of the Kage that's why people hate itachi and even sasuke they have to many FANBOYS

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Well said, Nagato baller. To be honest I admit Itachi is a top tier ninja (Heck, even the manga stated so.), but I get annoyed at these fanboys saying he could solo anyone based on knowledge alone as if it is an auto-win before it begins. Others ninja can have knowledge too. Fact is, he has made mistakes and is not perfect, and Kishimoto himself brought that up when Sasuke would call Itachi perfect. If Itachi had no equal, then Madara would not have been Kabuto's trump card. Stop being silly.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Obito could not have used Kamui on Amaterasu. Both Konan and Itachi were aware of his space-time and Itachi is not stupid enough to try to kill Obito with something he knew would fail. The creator would not make Itachi be such a moron. It makes much more sense that Itachi actually did manage to kill Obito with that surprise attack, but Obito was revived with Izanagi. That was both Itachi and Obito end up looking good. Itachi could have killed Obito there if he didn't have Izanagi (Also made him lose one Sharingan), and Obito got the last laugh with the "fail" part.

You also gotta pay attention to the timing. All this happened shortly before Izanagi was used by Danzo. Since we didn't know about that technique yet, the reader was supposed to ask themselves, "How the hell did he survive that..? He g ot hit on the FACE!" and then when Danzo uses Izanagi the reader was supposed to be like, "Aha! So that's how!" Sadly, the average Naruto reader lacks analytical skills.

I feel it must be re-iterated. Obito was hit on his shoulder, then it spread to his face and you HEAR his death groans as he slowly burns. Had he used Kamui the clothes would have kept the damage as well as his face.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    i think you don't understand a word he said. he's not even on your side.lol and no one solos anyone here. its just a debate. matter of opinion based on facts.

well anyway, i thought its clear to all that itachi messed up with his entire life.though he's a top caliber ninja, everything he planned failed.