Page 3 of 22 « First 123456713 ... Last»
    Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinimaster View Post
    Everyone who understands the manga, knows Obito feared Itachi. The only people that dont want to accept this are Minato fans or w/e because they dont want more hype going for Itachi.
    I wonder why do people even compare Itachi to Minato.
    They're two entirely different characters and frankly, Itachi's got nothing on Minato.

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Takos View Post
    I wonder why do people even compare Itachi to Minato.
    They're two entirely different characters and frankly, Itachi's got nothing on Minato.
    Thats funny because ive been wondering the same thing the other way around for a long time. To me Itachi is better than Minato in almost everything.

Last edited by Kinimaster; 11-14-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    We've never seen Itachi at full power and yet owned all of his opponents. Not to mention that he never intended to kill them. And yes a great counter for Kamui is 1 of Itachi's Kage Bunshin's that can explode while being absorbed by Obito. People only give credits to Obito and Kakashi since Kamui has been seen more in the Manga. It's just another technique that has a weakness like Itachi mentioned. With that in the back of his mind he can take on anyone. And Itachi is way too smart for Obito.
    I'm pretty sure we have since he had infinite chakra and immortality as an edo tensei. Besides we've seen pretty much all of Itachi's jutsus: Izanami, Susanoo, Amaterasu, etc. So yeah, we know what he's capable of, but Obito still has a lot up his sleeve.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

We've never seen Itachi at full power and yet owned all of his opponents. Not to mention that he never intended to kill them. And yes a great counter for Kamui is 1 of Itachi's Kage Bunshin's that can explode while being absorbed by Obito. People only give credits to Obito and Kakashi since Kamui has been seen more in the Manga. It's just another technique that has a weakness like Itachi mentioned. With that in the back of his mind he can take on anyone. And Itachi is way too smart for Obito.
    Itachi never knew anything about the other dimension, he never knew much about his abilities at all i recon. Just because you know doesn't mean that itachi would have known, heck he never even knew who tobi was, he still though it was Madara.

Itachi had no counter against Obito. Sure he could trick him also you can't base an entire fight against him hitting obito with a blown up clone.

Status
    Oct 2011
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I'm pretty sure we have since he had infinite chakra and immortality as an edo tensei. Besides we've seen pretty much all of Itachi's jutsus: Izanami, Susanoo, Amaterasu, etc. So yeah, we know what he's capable of, but Obito still has a lot up his sleeve.
    You're so wrong.. Every time we see itachi he brings up something new... from the crow summoning, to the new water jutsu he had... but the one thing that makes me positive we haven't seen his full arsenal,

Simply this scan, Kakashi's comment about itachi not showinig his full power.. note at this time kakashi wasn't aware of itachi's other abiltiies like Tsukyomi, amaterasu and susanno... Which means he was referring to the LAST time he saw itachi, aka age 10-13, while he was in anbu

Itachi has shown many different genjutsu, and has shown he's skilled in fuinjutsu as well.. even creating his own abilities... if you think that a few fire jutsu and 2 water jutsu was all he had at that time, no

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Takos View Post
    . He was ABOVE his full power, as he was immortal and had infinite chakra, yet he still would have been smashed hard by Nagato if it wasn't for Naruto and Bee.
    Are you guys stupid? I'm talking about an Itachi that is alive. Everyone is overpowered when they're in Edo form, Itachi however was godlike but still we haven't seen him at full power when he was alive.

Yes we've seen him using Izanami, Sasuno'o, Amaturasu and Tsukuyomi but he never fought at full power because he never intended to kill anyone thus he was holding back. Just because he has shown his most powerfull techniques doesn't say he went full out against his opponents. He has only showed his arsenal of techniques because Kishi wanted to show us what Itachi is capable of.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFlash1 View Post
    Itachi never knew anything about the other dimension, he never knew much about his abilities at all i recon. Just because you know doesn't mean that itachi would have known, heck he never even knew who tobi was, he still though it was Madara.

Itachi had no counter against Obito. Sure he could trick him also you can't base an entire fight against him hitting obito with a blown up clone.
    Itachi wouldn't let himself get killed so easily, i bet with you that when Obito would have used Kamui once to avoid an attack of Itachi, Itachi would have found a way to counter it in less than 5 seconds. Or atleast found a way to pro-long the match just long enough to find a way to counter. But Obito clearly was afraid of Itachi, he clearly stated that if he didn't keep a few secrets from Itachi he would have been dead with other words LIKE I SAID IF Obito had to use Kamui in a fight against Itachi, Itachi would know about his ''secret'' and find a way to counter it. Besides after the latest chapter i must say that Obito is far overrated. Like i said people have seen Kamui a few times now and think it's the best technique and that there's no way to counter is just like Minato's Flying Thunder God, well ''Every jutsu has a weakness'' - Uchiha Itachi.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Are you guys stupid? I'm talking about an Itachi that is alive. Everyone is overpowered when they're in Edo form, Itachi however was godlike but still we haven't seen him at full power when he was alive.

Yes we've seen him using Izanami, Sasuno'o, Amaturasu and Tsukuyomi but he never fought at full power because he never intended to kill anyone thus he was holding back. Just because he has shown his most powerfull techniques doesn't say he went full out against his opponents. He has only showed his arsenal of techniques because Kishi wanted to show us what Itachi is capable of.
    are you stupid? As an edo he had infinite stamina and chakra. When he was alive, he could barely pull of 3 of those moves and would get backlash from them. So absolutely not.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

are you stupid? As an edo he had infinite stamina and chakra. When he was alive, he could barely pull of 3 of those moves and would get backlash from them. So absolutely not.
    Dude he had infinite stamina WHO GIVES A ****? That still doesn't mean that he has shown his full power. He got a blacklash because he was ill and the MS had a huge impact on him because he was almost blind. Besides Itachi is way too smart to let a fight last long enough to drain his chakra levels to 0, as we've seen in his matches he ended them in no time. The only 2 matches that lasted longer was against Sasuke because he had to wait for Orochimaru to show up and against Kabuto because he knew he had nothing to lose because of the infinite chakra.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Itachi wouldn't let himself get killed so easily, i bet with you that when Obito would have used Kamui once to avoid an attack of Itachi, Itachi would have found a way to counter it in less than 5 seconds. Or atleast found a way to pro-long the match just long enough to find a way to counter. But Obito clearly was afraid of Itachi, he clearly stated that if he didn't keep a few secrets from Itachi he would have been dead with other words LIKE I SAID IF Obito had to use Kamui in a fight against Itachi, Itachi would know about his ''secret'' and find a way to counter it. Besides after the latest chapter i must say that Obito is far overrated. Like i said people have seen Kamui a few times now and think it's the best technique and that there's no way to counter is just like Minato's Flying Thunder God, well ''Every jutsu has a weakness'' - Uchiha Itachi.
    This statement has proved nothing ..... He's known obito since he was 13 years old.

He Seen him fight when they killed the Uchiha clan, yet he still didn't know anything. How does keeping secrets mean your afraid of someone?

Obito had no objective to harm itachi. Itachi was a good asset to the Akatsuki, he was doing what he was told and collecting Tailed beasts and helping.

Itachi had every fight to kill obito yet he never attacked him once when he was alive. He waited till he was dead before he even tried to attack him. Obito never attacked the leaf because they made a deal, that he wouldn't harm the leaf village, once itachi was dead he had no obligation to keep that promise.

Itachi has yet to show feat's that can counter Kumai. You claim that he would of found a way to counter it in 5 seconds? What prove is that exactly ? Considering he's already seen his Jutsu.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    You're so wrong.. Every time we see itachi he brings up something new... from the crow summoning, to the new water jutsu he had... but the one thing that makes me positive we haven't seen his full arsenal,
    And this is true. In all of his fights he had something new that surprised us all you can't deny that. Even well respected Shinobi were surprised of all the shit that Itachi came up with.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFlash1 View Post
    This statement has proved nothing ..... He's known obito since he was 13 years old.

He Seen him fight when they killed the Uchiha clan, yet he still didn't know anything. How does keeping secrets mean your afraid of someone?

Obito had no objective to harm itachi. Itachi was a good asset to the Akatsuki, he was doing what he was told and collecting Tailed beasts and helping.

Itachi had every fight to kill obito yet he never attacked him once when he was alive. He waited till he was dead before he even tried to attack him. Obito never attacked the leaf because they made a deal, that he wouldn't harm the leaf village, once itachi was dead he had no obligation to keep that promise.

Itachi has yet to show feat's that can counter Kumai. You claim that he would of found a way to counter it in 5 seconds? What prove is that exactly ? Considering he's already seen his Jutsu.
    No obligation to keep? If Obito was so great he would have attack anyway as we've seen how careless Obito is. I bet he was holding back because he knew Itachi would ass**** him.

See and again no counter to Kamui blablabla no counter to Flying Thunder God blablabla well i say There's no counter to Itachi's Yata mirror which is said to be the STRONGEST DEFENCE in NARUTO.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

No obligation to keep? If Obito was so great he would have attack anyway as we've seen how careless Obito is. I bet he was holding back because he knew Itachi would ass**** him.

See and again no counter to Kamui blablabla no counter to Flying Thunder God blablabla well i say There's no counter to Itachi's Yata mirror which is said to be the STRONGEST DEFENCE in NARUTO.
    There is no counter to Yata Mirror.. Hmmmm?

Let's start with the fact it's not 360 degrees so it's objective to defence itachi could easily go out the window if you attack from behind.

Another thing is that Itachi biggest and according to you "The strongest defense" in the manga, is also his biggest weakness.

Itachi wouldn't be able to tell if he was in this reality of in the other dimension. He would waste so much chakra attacking obito yet get no where.

Itachi can come out with a counter all he want's, He doesn't have the physical speed or ability to hit Obito before he goes In-tangled.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Dude he had infinite stamina WHO GIVES A ****? That still doesn't mean that he has shown his full power. He got a blacklash because he was ill and the MS had a huge impact on him because he was almost blind. Besides Itachi is way too smart to let a fight last long enough to drain his chakra levels to 0, as we've seen in his matches he ended them in no time. The only 2 matches that lasted longer was against Sasuke because he had to wait for Orochimaru to show up and against Kabuto because he knew he had nothing to lose because of the infinite chakra.
    Wow that's just pulling logic out of your ass now. So you disregard his illness when he was alive? That just proves his limit as a character. If we take out the flaws of every character, then everyone would be on a much higher level also. And no, he got backlash because he has poor stamina reserves and also don't forget that he drains chakra by using the MS and also gets blind from it. And I'm pretty sure Kishi would not kill him off for good without showing all of his jutsu, which is why he revived him in the first place.

Obito has better and more efficient control of his sharingan, without the backlashes. And Itachi winning fights in no time was only because each of those fights he used genjutsu, and that wouldn't work on Obito I'd wager. And him being so smart to win every situation is just fanboism. He is intelligent, but you forget that so is Obito, possibly more so seeing as though that he was able to fool all 5 countries and subordinates into his plan and is also a master at persuading people to his cause.

Status
    Oct 2011
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

Wow that's just pulling logic out of your ass now. So you disregard his illness when he was alive? That just proves his limit as a character. If we take out the flaws of every character, then everyone would be on a much higher level also. And no, he got backlash because he has poor stamina reserves and also don't forget that he drains chakra by using the MS and also gets blind from it. And I'm pretty sure Kishi would not kill him off for good without showing all of his jutsu, which is why he revived him in the first place.

Obito has better and more efficient control of his sharingan, without the backlashes. And Itachi winning fights in no time was only because each of those fights he used genjutsu, and that wouldn't work on Obito I'd wager. And him being so smart to win every situation is just fanboism. He is intelligent, but you forget that so is Obito, possibly more so seeing as though that he was able to fool all 5 countries and subordinates into his plan and is also a master at persuading people to his cause.

Never in the manga was it stated itachi had poor chakra reserves.. he has poor stamina because he was plagued by sickness... but there is NOTHING that states he had poor chakra.. infact, he outlasted sasuke in their fight... and even in the end we don't know if he died of chakra exhaustion of sickness..

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post

Never in the manga was it stated itachi had poor chakra reserves.. he has poor stamina because he was plagued by sickness... but there is NOTHING that states he had poor chakra.. infact, he outlasted sasuke in their fight... and even in the end we don't know if he died of chakra exhaustion of sickness..
    Regardless even without his illness, I doubt he'd be able to spam those techniques as everyone assumes. Obito has Hashi's cells to help him out with that problem.

Status
    Aug 2012
    I See The Truth

from what we have seen obito most likley put a genjustu on the clan never shows that he actually killed anyone

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Obito has better and more efficient control of his Sharingan? LOL. Kakashi stated that Itachi is a true master of the Sharingan. Itachi trained himself so hard that he could use the Sharingan for a long period without it draining much on his chakra reserves, i tell you that Itachi is way better with the Sharingan.

Because he used Genjutsu. AND? Are you saying that he's cheating? Because he uses a Jutsu that works very well? And who says that his Tsukuyomi doesn't work on Obito? Who says that Obito is strong enough to break out of Tsukuyomi?

His limit as a character? Dude he raped everyone who he fought with WITH HIS ILLNESS. He indeed outlasted Sasuke and Sasuke is above the normal standards even in Uchiha terms.

Persuading people to his cause? Kabuto stated that Itachi is a master in deceiving people because he's a great liar.

And all of his Jutsu's? I doubt that we've seen everything.

Last edited by ixc; 11-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Obito has better and more efficient control of his Sharingan? LOL. Kakashi stated that Itachi is a true master of the Sharingan. Itachi trained himself so hard that he could use the Sharingan for a long period without it draining much on his chakra reserves, i tell you that Itachi is way better with the Sharingan.

Because he used Genjutsu. AND? Are you saying that he's cheating? Because he uses a Jutsu that works very well? And who says that his Tsukuyomi doesn't work on Obito? Who says that Obito is strong enough to break out of Tsukuyomi?

His limit as a character? Dude he raped everyone who he fought with WITH HIS ILLNESS. He indeed outlasted Sasuke and Sasuke is above the normal standards even in Uchiha terms.

Persuading people to his cause? Kabuto stated that Itachi is a master in deceiving people because he's a great liar.

And all of his Jutsu's? I doubt that we've seen everything.
    Wow that's just obvious fanboism now. How is Itachi better with the sharingan, give me actual examples? Obito so far only utilize 2 techs with his MS: his kamui, which makes him practically invincible and can also be a one hit kill if he teleports you to the dimenstion(except for Kakashi). He also used Izanagi to escape a 10min explosion. Itachi can't do Izanagi because he doesn't have senju DNA.

Also Obito's Sharingan Genjutsu was powerful enough to control a jinchuriki host to his will. Not only is it impossible for other users to catch them in genjutsu, but Obito managed to make a whole nation under his control by manipulating Yagura. I'd say that alone makes him a lot better with the sharingan.

Also Obito was trained by Madara himself, teaching him the proper use of the sharingan and improving his skill the highest quality so that the plan doesn't fail. And there is absolutely no argument when it comes to Madara>Itachi. Which means Obito is almost at his level.

And guess what, Obito can outlast Itachi also due to Hashi cells. He had possibly the longest battle in the naruto manga, and he still hasn't gone all out. His chakra reserves must be huge if he was able to first do the six paths, then control the Bijuu, then fighting on his own with only taijutsu and Kamui. And he was fighting 4 really powerful characters at the same time. Naruto, Bee, Guy, and Kakashi.

They are far more powerful than they were when Itachi fought them and more powerful now than any other opponent on their own Itachi faced back then, except for Kabuto.

Ok, and Itachi said Kabuto was even better at lying than he was? and Kabuto wasn't able to persuade sasuke, when Obito did....your point? If Itachi was so good at persuading people, he would have been able to quell the Uchiha uprising or even convince Danzo.

And yeah, I'm sure we've seen all his cards now. And if he does have something left, it wouldn't be anything big like Izanami anymore. Saying that he has more moves is wishful thinking of a fanboy, it's not a fact. All of the akatsuki members showed all that they were capable of when they were alive, which is why they never had much spotlight as edos, because we've seen everything. Itachi was an exception, but now we have, and now he's gone for good.

Obito wins, and the only chance Itachi has is his Totsuka blade. But seeing as though that Obito can dodge 4 people at the same time and become transparent, that's hardly going to work on him.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Itachi couldn't kill Obito that is why his trap Amaterasu failed. He lacked the Intel necessary.