Page 4 of 22 « First 1234567814 ... Last»
    Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Itachi could have killed Obito...

Quote Originally Posted by TurrinB View Post
    Itachi couldn't kill Obito that is why his trap Amaterasu failed. He lacked the Intel necessary.
    This!!
    In any case obito didnt care about eliminating itachi himself. All he had to do in case itachi tries to kill him is to evade itachi's attacks. There is no manga evidence to suggest itachi can kill an evading obito

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Itahci can kill obito with full knowledge.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinji View Post
    Itahci can kill obito with full knowledge.
    And Obito can kill Itachi with full knowledge

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    true.

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

no one is denying that the thread states itachi could have killed obito with knowlegde which is true since obito admitted this himself.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

With knowledge maybe Itachi can win against Tobi (without rinnegan)

Follower of Obito's nindo moongem's Avatar
    Status
    May 2011
    XBL Gamertag: Moongem1

As an Obito fan, I have NO PROBLEM admitting Itachi could take him. Actually, it's a fight I'd want to see, solely for the fact that I love watching how Itachi works. It be fun to see how he'd pick at Obito through the Kamui. I think it'd be a fun fight to watch, but, yes. Itachi would win.

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

to everyone saying why keep a pact with a deadman needs to realise pacts are most commonly made right before someone dies

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Wow that's just obvious fanboism now. How is Itachi better with the sharingan, give me actual examples? Obito so far only utilize 2 techs with his MS: his kamui, which makes him practically invincible and can also be a one hit kill if he teleports you to the dimenstion(except for Kakashi). He also used Izanagi to escape a 10min explosion. Itachi can't do Izanagi because he doesn't have senju DNA.

Also Obito's Sharingan Genjutsu was powerful enough to control a jinchuriki host to his will. Not only is it impossible for other users to catch them in genjutsu, but Obito managed to make a whole nation under his control by manipulating Yagura. I'd say that alone makes him a lot better with the sharingan.

Also Obito was trained by Madara himself, teaching him the proper use of the sharingan and improving his skill the highest quality so that the plan doesn't fail. And there is absolutely no argument when it comes to Madara>Itachi. Which means Obito is almost at his level.

And guess what, Obito can outlast Itachi also due to Hashi cells. He had possibly the longest battle in the naruto manga, and he still hasn't gone all out. His chakra reserves must be huge if he was able to first do the six paths, then control the Bijuu, then fighting on his own with only taijutsu and Kamui. And he was fighting 4 really powerful characters at the same time. Naruto, Bee, Guy, and Kakashi.

They are far more powerful than they were when Itachi fought them and more powerful now than any other opponent on their own Itachi faced back then, except for Kabuto.

Ok, and Itachi said Kabuto was even better at lying than he was? and Kabuto wasn't able to persuade sasuke, when Obito did....your point? If Itachi was so good at persuading people, he would have been able to quell the Uchiha uprising or even convince Danzo.

And yeah, I'm sure we've seen all his cards now. And if he does have something left, it wouldn't be anything big like Izanami anymore. Saying that he has more moves is wishful thinking of a fanboy, it's not a fact. All of the akatsuki members showed all that they were capable of when they were alive, which is why they never had much spotlight as edos, because we've seen everything. Itachi was an exception, but now we have, and now he's gone for good.

Obito wins, and the only chance Itachi has is his Totsuka blade. But seeing as though that Obito can dodge 4 people at the same time and become transparent, that's hardly going to work on him.
    izanami is made to counter izanagi i thought soooo

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by shogun973 View Post
    izanami is made to counter izanagi i thought soooo
    Considering that Obito knows about izanami, he would surely be careful of it after implementing Izanagi.....and that's even if he uses it at all.

Status
    This user has no status.

Clearly, itachi dint killed him because the ****ing plot no jutsu..

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

To make things simple, he was scared of inazami because that would destroy the whole plan of his and madara's.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

I don't understand why people try to counter knowledge that a character admits himself... Why argue that Hashirama can't defeat Madara when Madara himself said he could. Why argue that Itachi couldn't defeat Tobi when Tobi himself says he could have...? Unless more information comes out which contradicts the comment by the character such as why Itachi lied saying jiraiya could beat him, then just take the quote at face value.

The NARUxHINA Advocate!!! Jurian Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    I'm quite insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilt View Post
    Pretty obvious, I'd say, but hey, here's the argument:

1. Obito said Itachi could kill him with knowledge

And knowledge is gained from experience, for those of you who don't know.

So Obito carefully guarding his secrets means he was the one keeping his distance.

2. Why didn't Itachi kill him then?

Why didn't the Five Kages and all of their guards kill Tobi?

Why'd didn't Minato with all of Konoha kill Tobi?

Because Obito can phase out of and teleport away from any fight.

3. Itachi was the one (who couldn't teleport) surrounded by Tobi's allies.

Why didn't Tobi defeat Itachi and control him with genjutsu like he did with Yagura?

Why didn't Tobi store Itachi in the handy-dandy pocket-dimension until he needed him like with Torrune?

Why didn't Tobi replace Itachi with a White Zetsu clone for Sasuke like he did with Kisame?

Why did Tobi hide in the shadows for years when Itachi joined, and didn't emerge until just before Itachi died?

4. Itachi was Tobi's problem.

Regardless of translation specifics, Itachi was a problem.

And Tobi didn't make a move on Konoha until Itachi was dead.

If Tobi betrayed a pact after the pactmaker died, that means he didn't respect the pact.

Only the pactmaker. Tobi didn't move purely because he didn't want to cross a living Itachi.

He had Akatsuki annihilating Konoha before Itachi's body was even cold.

4. Tobi thought Itachi was the bee's-knees. Itachi thought Tobi ['current Madara'] was pathetic.

And you'd be surprised how many can't differentiate 'pathetic shell of former self' from 'invincible Madara.'

5. Tobi's Kamui has an obvious counter.

Tobi cannot attack and defend at the same time.

Gai countered Obito's offense with his nunchucks. It isn't unstoppable.

But guess who has clones? Guess who can fool a Dragon Sage and EMS user with feints?

Guess whose clones explode, which can make Obito absorb explosive damage like Konan did?

Heck, he has exploding clones and one of the fastest ninjutsu and one the fastest jutsu molding speeds.

Itachi's a walking counter to Obito's Kamui.

The author wouldn't even have to create new jutsu out of nowehere for Itachi to look great...

5. Tobi's only other primary jutsu was Izanagi

Who was that ninja with the jutsu specifically designed to trounce Izanagi?

Conclusion

So, why didn't the terminally ill teenager with deteriorating eyesight that was waltzing around the enemy base as a known double-agent for nearly a decade, who was actively keeping the Big Bad from attacking Konoha again, kill the Big Bad? Because the Big Bad was hiding in the shadows. He was hiding from Itachi so effectively that even the readers didn't know he existed until the 300 chapters in.

Well he "came out of the shadows" after Itachi died so that no one would interfere in his meeting with Sasuke (I believe).

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    I don't understand why people try to counter knowledge that a character admits himself... Why argue that Hashirama can't defeat Madara when Madara himself said he could. Why argue that Itachi couldn't defeat Tobi when Tobi himself says he could have...? Unless more information comes out which contradicts the comment by the character such as why Itachi lied saying jiraiya could beat him, then just take the quote at face value.
    When Obito dodged amaterasu, he said if Itachi knew his secrets then he would have died. So that basically interprets to if Itachi knew about(lets say kamui, cause that's my guess on what it was) Itachi would be able to kill him with amaterasu? I really doubt it....if it was Izanagi....itachi would have already known about that technique and sure as hell would assume "Madara" would have it.

so even if Itachi knew about kamui(not all of it, but just the part where he can be transparent) Do you really believe he could still kill him? Obito has both sharingan and hashi cells which give him both better stamina than Itachi and reflexes are on par, if not better. His genjutsu could plausibly be superior due to him being able to fully control a jinchuriki and manipulate a country through him.

Itachi could only go as far as stun someone with genjutsu, not kill(like tobi did with konan), nor control anyone with it. His susanoo can probably be warped through and the Totsuka blade is a hit or miss.

And also he's been trained by madara himself, making him almost equal to EMS/MS Madara.....so that is my reason for believing that Itachi could not kill Obito.

I'm not saying Itachi has no chance whatsoever, but it is unlikely.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Hey angel yuh duh sexy

Nono nono more like minato could have killed obito if he wanted too

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

You don't see it do you? Itachi was in the way for the plan with Sasuke, nothing more.

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Considering that Obito knows about izanami, he would surely be careful of it after implementing Izanagi.....and that's even if he uses it at all.
    How exactly do you avoid it ?

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

When Obito dodged amaterasu, he said if Itachi knew his secrets then he would have died. So that basically interprets to if Itachi knew about(lets say kamui, cause that's my guess on what it was) Itachi would be able to kill him with amaterasu? I really doubt it....if it was Izanagi....itachi would have already known about that technique and sure as hell would assume "Madara" would have it.

so even if Itachi knew about kamui(not all of it, but just the part where he can be transparent) Do you really believe he could still kill him? Obito has both sharingan and hashi cells which give him both better stamina than Itachi and reflexes are on par, if not better. His genjutsu could plausibly be superior due to him being able to fully control a jinchuriki and manipulate a country through him.

Itachi could only go as far as stun someone with genjutsu, not kill(like tobi did with konan), nor control anyone with it. His susanoo can probably be warped through and the Totsuka blade is a hit or miss.

And also he's been trained by madara himself, making him almost equal to EMS/MS Madara.....so that is my reason for believing that Itachi could not kill Obito.

I'm not saying Itachi has no chance whatsoever, but it is unlikely.
    Itachi can clearly kill and or control people with his sharringan, he was surprised kakashi didn't die from his genjutsu and shikaku Nara said that "only itachi can control this many people" during the war. And obito is not equal or almost equal to and madara, that is another foolish statement. Obito was not loyal to itachi, he was cautious of him

Status
    Sep 2012
    Hey angel yuh duh sexy

Quote Originally Posted by frbro82 View Post
    Nono nono more like minato could have killed obito if he wanted too
    When obito attacked the leaf. Minato had a chance to kill Obito