View Poll Results: Rate this weeks chapter.

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 10.00%

6 30.00%

12 60.00%
    Trolling level over 9000 markdabomb22's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Batman

Bleach Manga Chapter 516 Discussion and 517 Predictions

''The Zero Division"

Bleach Manga Chapter 516 Discussion and 517 Predictions

Discuss Bleach manga 516 here and predict the next chapter, Bleach manga 517.

START READING HERE @ MANGAPANDA

Please remember to rate this weeks chapter!
    1 being the worst, 5 being the best

Last edited by Caliburn; 11-14-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Trolling level over 9000 markdabomb22's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Batman

Re: Bleach Manga Chapter 516 Discussion and 517 Predictions

I was hoping for a bit more but overall not to bad. Can't wait for next weeks chapter

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a terrible mistake..

Omg zero division kick ass

Sternritter P The Pimphand Blacksparrow4's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So this is the almighty Zero Division huh? Not what I was expecting but there is always more than meets the eye. It makes sense that Renji's bankai is also broken and hasn't been repaired yet. Who was that guy Ikkaku fought that Mayuri mentioned? I did I forget something or was that an off-panel battle that took place during the 17 month time skip?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think it's power up time, I wonder if these guys are here to stay and fight or act like mentors and fix the broken bankai in the process and make them stronger.

By stating so obviously that the fixed zankpatou were so much weaker ever since they snapped will probably lead to a new 'find the voice of your sword' training but at pro level.

It is also pretty convenient that the strength of the 5 members of squad Zero is bigger then the entire power of the rest of SS. Nice job staying in those pillar guys when everybody else was getting slaughtered.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

They are prolly as powerful as Ichigo final getsuga tensho. Maybe

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Not bad:
    I liked that Mayuri told something actually interesting and gave some useful information.

That Zero Divison is now again surpassing everybody else is Kudo style and I expected nothing else.
    It would have been nice of Kudo to show the names of the five Zero Division members... but okay. Wait for that until next week.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Awesome that we finally see the Zero Division, though a bit disappointed in how they look. I never liked that rebel/delinquent type character with that archetypical pompadour hairstyle (though for some reason it's always popular with mangaka's) and neither do I like the 'Joker' type character with creepy faces with an above all creepy smile. The middle one looks like a gentle buddhist monk. The only one I really like so far is the woman 2nd from the right (she reminds me of Soifon, maybe family ) and I'm going to guess that the woman completely on the left is Kirio Hikifune, the one Hiyori likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksparrow4 View Post
    So this is the almighty Zero Division huh? Not what I was expecting but there is always more than meets the eye. It makes sense that Renji's bankai is also broken and hasn't been repaired yet. Who was that guy Ikkaku fought that Mayuri mentioned? I did I forget something or was that an off-panel battle that took place during the 17 month time skip?
    Not really sure, but if I remember correctly it was one of Grimmjow's Fraccion that came to the human world and when Ichigo fought Grimmjow for the first time. His Resurrección was something with a Vulcan.

Last edited by Caliburn; 11-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

=)
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksparrow4 View Post
    Who was that guy Ikkaku fought that Mayuri mentioned?
    It's back when Grimjow and his Fraccion attacked Ichigo's hometown in the human world. The fight Mayuri mentioned is in chapter 205 and chapter 206 of the manga.

So do you guys think any member of the zero squad could solo Yamamoto?

Also, did anyone else find Kon awesome and hilarious?

A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by choft View Post
    It's back when Grimjow and his Fraccion attacked Ichigo's hometown in the human world. The fight Mayuri mentioned is in chapter 205 and chapter 206 of the manga.

So do you guys think any member of the zero squad could solo Yamamoto?

Also, did anyone else find Kon awesome and hilarious?
    Awesome: No, Hilarious: Yes

At OT: It was indeed a great chapter...seems like we get to see new power from Ichigo since his sword has broken down....can't wait for next chapter....BTW the king of souls seems pretty powerful huh? I do have a feeling that Ichigo is the king....:D

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

finally we get to see their faces, the dude all the way in the right looks like the crazy one which means hes most likely gonna be my favorite out of them. it was nice to learn about the broken bankai info., i didnt care for the comedic attempts, the faces of the 5 zero squad members made this chapter for me.

4/5 stars

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Funny though that Ichigo really goes a lot to hell in a hand basket. I mean in the Fullbringer arc he went all Power Ranger/Kamen Rider, he used it like once and then it got stolen Then he gets his upgraded Shinigami powers, uses his new bankai 3 times or something and breaks it _O-

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    "Convenient"? No, it's only logical. They are the last defense for the Spirit King, after all. They should be expected to be ridiculously OP. And I don't know if you noticed, there was only one pillar, and it just arrived :/

I liked Mayuri's explanation. Kon's part was completely random and pretty stupid, imo. As for Squad Zero, they look pretty interesting. It was a 3/5.
    Oh come on, you know how it works. This is just the classical gap in a story where the hero is on his knees thinking about what went wrong, they were all so happy before.

Now there will be a training montage, Ichigo/Ikkaku/Renji running up some steps with one of the squad Zero's holding a stopwatch. BAM ! super sword ultimate bankai power upgrade, fixed and better as new. Count the blades of Hihiou next time.

Maybe Kubo will go another way with Ichigo and explore his Quincy powers. (Can I call that convenient ?) So the half human, half quincy, half fullbring, half shinigami, half Visored boy can add that to his arsenal.

It doesn't matter if it was one or five pillers or that it just appeared, if they showed up before Soul Society was turned to rubble and the most powerful man (at least before those guys showed up) was killed like a he was nothing. Then they could've prevented something.

Even if they are the last defense, what good will it do if you wait and see how the second last defense is being blown away. It's more helpful to combine your strength. Now they have to help either way and rebuild the place.

About their strength, of course I knew those guys were going to be strong and they were named in the early chapters of the manga so that makes it less of an asspull. But it kinda disqualifies the rest of the Shinigami in one hit to fight in the coming arc. Byakuya and Kenpachi who were always 2 of the strong guys, got pummeled in their fights and are now in the shadows of five guys with more strength then the entire Soul society.

So unless that squad has very limited time to stay there, or some other handicap, I think some characters will really fall off the map and won't tag along in the next fights.

So I wonder, upgrades for everyone ? or will this be the 'Shippuuden of Bleach' and filter the rest of the guys who can't compete with the main shounen hero with 6 different modes that he never uses anyway.

Would like to see a very self conscious Kenpachi who looks at his sword and tries to understand his defeat in pure strength. He never cared about his sword so maybe unlocking a bankai would be nice next time.

Member from dem time deh! ~Marhuto~'s Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm behind with reading FFs.

The Zero Squad huh?
    They're supposedly stronger than the captains... but not Ichigo, no one's sronger than Ichigo. Right Kubo?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    busted hand

Did anyone else notice the an old kenpachi in the middle cause I did.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Roju View Post
    Did anyone else notice the an old kenpachi in the middle cause I did.
    Well, Kenpachis are ruthless and stuff, but like Cali said that guy looks like some monk.. who usually aren't that ruthless xD

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The 0 squad entrance was not impressive as i thought it would be. Atleast now we know why captains hesitate to use their bankai....

Still waiting for isshin,shunsui & ukitake's bankai..

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ShunsuiX View Post
    The 0 squad entrance was not impressive as i thought it would be. Atleast now we know why captains hesitate to use their bankai....

What about Urahara's

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    busted hand

He kinda looks like omaeda's dad.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by N1nken View Post
    So, the member formerly known as Kirio Hikifune...what'd you think of Kirio Hikifune, whichever one she may be?
    If she is among these 5 guys I think its the chubby lady on the left. Her appereance would fit the best into the description of a mother figure.
    But both women (the chubby and the young one) don't look as imagined her.

Regardless from this I belive the chubby lady to be the most cruel one: because she is looking so friendly.
    If a Kenpachi is among them then Kubo will wake up Zaraki from coma soon. :D

I think the Zero Squad people will start training the other captains and Soul Society members from now on to prepare for the next invasion of the Quincy (as they prepard for the Arrancar).

Maybe somebody will suggest a cooperation with the Arrancar. Could also be that Grimmjow or whoever is showing up and asking for help (to save Halibel).

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm assuming that they will question Ichigo. And Ichigo is. Going to go into his inner world and train with zangetsu and have another bad ass power up. The zero squad sounds fierce like super sayain 3 goku. But Ichigo is like a super sayain 4 goku. Especially in fgt. and I heard people say before that Yamamoto bankai is more powerful than Ichigo bankai. But that is only cause he had more abilitys than Ichigo. That had people in awe. But byakuya has more abilitys than Ichigo but Ichigo can squash him. I think Ichigo will be the master piece in this war. His overwhelming spiritual pressure is proof of that. I can't wait till the next couple mangas. I wanna see what kind if power up he will get. Maybe since his zampakto has the moon like power, he could control serious gravity. And a make a big black flowing getsuga ball.

ϕ Final Getsuga Tenshou ϕ Xaviour's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martial Arts FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Awesome that we finally see the Zero Division, though a bit disappointed in how they look. I never liked that rebel/delinquent type character with that archetypical pompadour hairstyle (though for some reason it's always popular with mangaka's) and neither do I like the 'Joker' type character with creepy faces with an above all creepy smile. The middle one looks like a gentle buddhist monk. The only one I really like so far is the woman 2nd from the right (she reminds me of Soifon, maybe family ) and I'm going to guess that the woman completely on the left is Kirio Hikifune, the one Hiyori likes.

Not really sure, but if I remember correctly it was one of Grimmjow's Fraccion that came to the human world and when Ichigo fought Grimmjow for the first time. His Resurrección was something with a Vulcan.
    They do look quite ugly :/

Quote Originally Posted by ShunsuiX View Post

Tell me about it, but with some of their powers why are they playing chicken? Will we ever see em'?

Not to mention all of the Vizards, Urahara, possibly Yourichi & that former Captian of the Kido Corps guy as well as...

Quote Originally Posted by Tybone View Post
    What about Urahara's
    You said it

Overall great chapter, but as usual very slow progression of plot with Bleach. I call shenanigans on the whole "broken bankai" business.

I really hope that Hioryi's captain was the woman on the right... if it's the one on my left I'm gonna lose my shit.

& if the Zero division is stronger than ALL OF THE 13 SQUADS PUT TOGETHER then why the hell didn't they come out when Aizen was killing everyone? Is that strength including when Ichimaru, Aizen and Tosen were a part of the squads? Are they individually stronger than the Captian Commander? <---- I'd never stop laughing

Academy Student
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I feel like that this chapter wasn't all that great. First of all Kubo spiced us all up for the Zero Division and all they show is 5 different scenes of their heads? Learning about everyone's zanpaktou was good though.

It also says that the combined power of the zero division is more than the gotei 13 but isn't that still rather weak? The strongest captains got their asses handed to them by one guy so I wouldn't consider these guys THAT strong (And my gosh talk about being hideous). But then again they might just be here to heal the shinigami and mentor them to achieve a higher level of Bankai.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyHacks View Post
    I feel like that this chapter wasn't all that great. First of all Kubo spiced us all up for the Zero Division and all they show is 5 different scenes of their heads? Learning about everyone's zanpaktou was good though.

It also says that the combined power of the zero division is more than the gotei 13 but isn't that still rather weak? The strongest captains got their asses handed to them by one guy so I wouldn't consider these guys THAT strong (And my gosh talk about being hideous). But then again they might just be here to heal the shinigami and mentor them to achieve a higher level of Bankai.
    I disagree. The Zero Squad is made up of only 5 individuals. Saying that these 5 Captains are stronger than the entire Gotei 13 really does say a lot. It's basically saying if these 5 were to go up against the other 13 Captains, then they would win. I would assume this also includes Yamamoto as he is also one of the Gotei 13 - someone who Aizen acknowledged was stronger than he was.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People are thinking that the Zero Squad are something that is good... but from all the little hints given, these guys are true *******s. The Zero Squad may attempt to fix everything up, but if anyone speaks out against them in any fashion, I have no doubt in my mind they will die in an instant. I can only assume the Zero Squad are merciless towards anyone who get in there way.