Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: What's up with all of these "tragic villains" in Naruto?

Naruto second coming of the so6p?
    Riiight....so far Madara is closer to that than naruto will probably ever get.

Also, 9 sacrifices for the sake of good is still better than 1000s of deaths in wars in the fight for peace now is'nt it?

OH LONG JOHNSON edo tensai wilmaso's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

kishi took some notes from Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie of doom View Post
    Naruto second coming of the so6p?
    Riiight....so far Madara is closer to that than naruto will probably ever get.

Also, 9 sacrifices for the sake of good is still better than 1000s of deaths in wars in the fight for peace now is'nt it?
    dude you are blind all the tailed beasts even said it. Naruto is the guy the sage was talking bout.

Last edited by edo tensai wilmaso; 11-14-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Supreme Sifu of the Fists Strata Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Learning Hado and Kido Spells under Blinkie Uchiha in Karakura Town.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be on the "Navy
    tub" for 9 long months. I
    shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by l Sasuke Uchiha l View Post
    The Eye of the Moon plan doesn't require Naruto nor Killer Bee to be killed... -_- It might not have needed any of hte Jinchuriki's to be killled in the first place. Also the world would be controlled by Madara alone, Madara has no real feelings or need for Obito anymore.
    It's still evil. Madara and Obito/Akatsuki raided all of the Five Shinobi Great Nations, and killed anyone who didn't surrender there Jinchuriki which is a high criminal offense. Lots of blood was shed over there megalomaniac plans.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Death is not the end.
    Loss of conviction is the
    end."

Villians are human, even in manga you know?
    Humans have reasons for their actions.

Humans arent just evil, its not black and white and thats what Kishimoto wants to tell us with this manga. For Naruto and the SA Obito and Madara are evil, for Obito and Madara the rest of the world is evil(rotten), they want to save the world. The perspective is what matters.

There are indeed a few really sick people who just kill for pleasure but would you really prefer such a brainless villian over someone with intentions and own beliefs?

You cant compare DBZ and Naruto. DBZ had this easy minded black and white/good and evil scheme.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Strata Spartan View Post
    If you don't know, then let me brief you on the subject.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A character who, although acting for primarily "evil" or selfish goals, is either not in full control of their actions or emotions and the reader or viewer can sympathize for due to them not being evil by choice, but rather by them being a victim of circumstance.

These villains can face a crisis of conscience in which they submit to doing evil, as well as having tragic pasts, which sometimes cause them to do their evil deeds. These villains often have confused morals believing that they are doing moral when in fact they are doing evil.

Even the protagonists can feel sympathy for tragic villains Often the hero will try to reason with the villain and implore him/her to stop their acts of evil. If the villain does do, he/she is usually redeemed. If not and is arrested or killed, the hero sometimes mourns him/her.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the following characters that fit the bill in the Narutoverse:

Obito Uchiha (his significant other was killed by his best friend)
    Sasuke Uchiha (his entire clan was slaughtered and he holds the Hidden Leaf's top brass responsible)
    Nagato (sucky childhood where his native land the Hidden Rain Village was always the battleground for wars)
    Orochimaru (technically...he didn't give a reason as to why he does messed up stuff, but both his parents did die.)

The only dynamic villains who I can think of who aren't tragic villains are Danzo, Hanzo, and Madara. However, they aren't the main antagonists of the series.

Naruto Shippuden lacks a villain who is just pure evil and rotten to the very core like Frieza or Kid Majin Buu from DBZ. There past wasn't tragic at all, and you didn't feel remorseful for him when it came time for there demise.

Thoughts? Discuss.
    Danzo was never a villain lol, everything he did was for the benefit of Konoha Village even though his methods were harsh.

Madara is prolly the most tragic dude, what are you talkin bout? He did everything for his clan and at the end he was betrayed

Orochimaru is the only real "evil" guy in this series which is what makes him the best villain. Why do you think everyone loves Orochimaru as a villain?Its because his motive is selfish and for his own needs. Doesnt matter if his parents died,Iruka's died too and so did Kakashis, they were ninja and they were expected to die.

No one in this manga is completely "evil" . They all have justified acts even though some are stupid as fukkkk (Obitos).

An example: Sasuke was mindfuked since he was 8 years old. He saw his whole clan murdered by his brother and then forced to watch the death of his parents for who knows how long in Tsukuyomi. Then had the pressure to avenge his whole clan and kill his only sibling which he loved. After he finally found comfort in new friends(Team 7) , his brother shows up and mind****s him again which puts him back on track to kill his brother. He sacrifices the easy life with the only friends he has to avenge his family. After he finally kills him and thinks his goal is over,Obito tells him the truth and then cursed with the Hatred of the Uchiha feels the need to punish the top brass of Konoha. After he kills one of them ,he gets drunk with power and is consumed by evil betraying his friends(Karin) and becomes a ruthless killer. After hes set with his goal in mind to destroy Konoha,the brother who he hated and loved pops up again and tells him that regardless of his actions he'll always love him. Now he doesnt know wtf to do and now seeks answers before finding a new path. This guy has been manipulated his whole damn life,this is what you call tragic.

Last edited by Encon Uchiha; 11-14-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If you don't know, then let me brief you on the subject.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A character who, although acting for primarily "evil" or selfish goals, is either not in full control of their actions or emotions and the reader or viewer can sympathize for due to them not being evil by choice, but rather by them being a victim of circumstance.

These villains can face a crisis of conscience in which they submit to doing evil, as well as having tragic pasts, which sometimes cause them to do their evil deeds. These villains often have confused morals believing that they are doing moral when in fact they are doing evil.

Even the protagonists can feel sympathy for tragic villains Often the hero will try to reason with the villain and implore him/her to stop their acts of evil. If the villain does do, he/she is usually redeemed. If not and is arrested or killed, the hero sometimes mourns him/her.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the following characters that fit the bill in the Narutoverse:

Obito Uchiha (his significant other was killed by his best friend)
    Sasuke Uchiha (his entire clan was slaughtered and he holds the Hidden Leaf's top brass responsible)
    Nagato (sucky childhood where his native land the Hidden Rain Village was always the battleground for wars)
    Orochimaru (technically...he didn't give a reason as to why he does messed up stuff, but both his parents did die.)

The only dynamic villains who I can think of who aren't tragic villains are Danzo, Hanzo, and Madara. However, they aren't the main antagonists of the series.

Naruto Shippuden lacks a villain who is just pure evil and rotten to the very core like Frieza or Kid Majin Buu from DBZ. There past wasn't tragic at all, and you didn't feel remorseful for him when it came time for there demise.

Thoughts? Discuss.
    Madara really is the only non-tragic villain I can think of. Maybe Orochimaru too, but time will tell. Danzo was more of an anti-hero, doing bad things for (mostly) good reasons. Hanzo, I'm convinced, was under some sort of mind control to be a **** to Nagato and turn Nagato into Pain. So Madara is the "real" bad guy, everybody else has been manipulated by him or his underlings in some way.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    Madara really is the only non-tragic villain I can think of. Maybe Orochimaru too, but time will tell. Danzo was more of an anti-hero, doing bad things for (mostly) good reasons. Hanzo, I'm convinced, was under some sort of mind control to be a **** to Nagato and turn Nagato into Pain. So Madara is the "real" bad guy, everybody else has been manipulated by him or his underlings in some way.
    Why is everyone saying Madara is the most evil person? He lived his whole life and strengthend hismelf for the Uchiha clan. His brother sacrificed his eyes for the Uchiha clan. He gain his MS and EMS for the Uchiha clan. And when he needed them most,they turned his back on him. And he wondered.."what is the meaning of my whole life other than the Uchiha?Why did my brother die for?" He felt betrayed and wanted revenge. His whoel life wasted. Of course he wants Revenge. And then he realized this world is full of Pain and his motives moved to Nagato and Obito,and he wants to create a better world.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    He was certainly not insane. Look up the definition of insane, Aizen doesn't fit it.

If you don't think killing your subordinate who was already on his deathbed (Tosen) or cutting down another just for being weak (Halibel) isn't evil, then that is indeed your own perception and reality of what is evil and what is not.

However, I believe you'll find a majority will disagree with you.
    He cut down tousen because he was beginning to have a change of heart.
    He killed harribel because she failed to get the job done.
    Thee espada failed.
    You know samurai use to off themselves if they had failed a mission right?
    He used manipulated and did what he had to do in order to ascend to power.
    If aizen is evil...america is evil.(dropping the atom bomb on japan, outsourcing jobs overseas)..china is evil....everything is evil.
    everytime u eat a pig your evil.
    The point is aizen was fighting for an ideal.
    Evil to me is commiting malicious crimes out of sheer pleasure.

Supreme Sifu of the Fists Strata Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Learning Hado and Kido Spells under Blinkie Uchiha in Karakura Town.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be on the "Navy
    tub" for 9 long months. I
    shall return.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiigoukyou View Post
    He cut down tousen because he was beginning to have a change of heart.
    He killed harribel because she failed to get the job done.
    Thee espada failed.
    You know samurai use to off themselves if they had failed a mission right?
    He used manipulated and did what he had to do in order to ascend to power.
    If aizen is evil...america is evil.(dropping the atom bomb on japan, outsourcing jobs overseas)..china is evil....everything is evil.
    everytime u eat a pig your evil.
    The point is aizen was fighting for an ideal.
    Evil to me is commiting malicious crimes out of sheer pleasure.
    What are you talking about? Aizen is evil! (And he's still alive)
    He wants to kill the Soul King, and take his throne. To do this, he has to sacrifice every single person in Karakura Town to create "The Ouken Key."

Not only that, but Urahara said that if the Soul King dies then the Soul Society will crumble.

OH LONG JOHNSON edo tensai wilmaso's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There is no such thing as evil only perception.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kishimoto loves creating grey characters it's as simple as that.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What are you talking about? Aizen is evil! (And he's still alive)
    He wants to kill the Soul King, and take his throne. To do this, he has to sacrifice every single person in Karakura Town to create "The Ouken Key."

Not only that, but Urahara said that if the Soul King dies then the Soul Society will crumble.

How is that evil???

Gotei 13 exterminated the Quincy (well they obviously failed) are they evil?

Everything in life isn't always black and white man.
    Aizen was fighting for his beliefs. They were insane but they were his beliefs.

Do you know people 1000 of miles away considered me and you evil.
    They think democracy is evil.

Heck aizen thought the King was evil...in his mind he was doing the right thing...
    Check this panel out:

Aizen was fighting for his beliefs..
    Just like what nations do at a time of war..
    Aizen did not want to be restricted anymore.

His methods were ruthless and insane but it was not pure evil.

Evil is for the most part subjective.

So let me ask you a question? Do you think the Vanderich are evil? Do you think Harribel is evil? Do you think Stark is evil? Do you think Danzou is evil even though his methods are sinister? Do you think Itachi is evil? He murdered his own parents and betrayed his clan.

Like I said the only people I truly consider evil are people who relish in the pain of others and that is their only mission in life.

Last edited by Zaiigoukyou; 11-14-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Uh, Madara does all this because the Uchihas didn't want him for Hokage, just sayin'.. He's also one of them. He took his brothers eyes to be the most powerful and then all people abandon him, come on.. he's also one of those tragic ones and not "pure" evil.. You can't tell me that, lol.

I Torture Death with Love UnrealSoul's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Son of Father Time and
    Mother Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiigoukyou View Post
    How is that evil???

Gotei 13 exterminated the Quincy (well they obviously failed) are they evil?

Everything in life isn't always black and white man.
    Aizen was fighting for his beliefs. They were insane but they were his beliefs.

Do you know people 1000 of miles away considered me and you evil.
    They think democracy is evil.

Heck aizen thought the King was evil...in his mind he was doing the right thing...
    Check this panel out:

Aizen was fighting for his beliefs..
    Just like what nations do at a time of war..
    Aizen did not want to be restricted anymore.

His methods were ruthless and insane but it was not pure evil.

Evil is for the most part subjective.

So let me ask you a question? Do you think the Vanderich are evil? Do you think Harribel is evil? Do you think Stark is evil? Do you think Danzou is evil even though his methods are sinister? Do you think Itachi is evil? He murdered his own parents and betrayed his clan.

Like I said the only people I truly consider evil are people who relish in the pain of others and that is their only mission in life.
    I never knew aizens reasons because i use to watch the anime.Now he is one of my favorite characters and i beleive in his beliefs.

Aizen,Madara,and danzo are not evil

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

A "villain" without a purpose for being a villain is not a villain at all. I like how Kishi makes these characters have reasons instead of like most media where they are the villain so there can be one.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12