Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Emphasis on Tobi having one MS eye but in fact he should have two at his disposal...

The manga shows that upon activating the Rinnegan near death, Madara then passed his eyes onto Nagato.
    I understand that Nagato, being an Uzumaki, could only access the power granted by the Rinnegan and not any other Sharingan powers because he isn't an Uchiha. Edo Madara, on the other hand, is able to access all three stages of his dojutsu powers - Sharingan, EMS and Rinnegan.

So my point is....

When Tobi faces Konan and uses Izanagi, he gets rid of a replacement sharingan eye from his collection and goes to take Nagato's Rinnegan eye, implanting it in his left eye. Because Obito is implanted with Senju DNA, and is an Uchiha, not only should he have Rinnegan in his left eye, but should also have access to Madara's Sharingan as well as his Mangyeko Sharingan (note it's not eternal because they're not related).

Does this work? Or do you have to literally go through each evolutionary stage (Sharingan -> MS -> EMS -> Rinnegan) to have access to all three abilities? Discuss...

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Emphasis on Tobi having one MS eye but in fact he should have two at his disposal

no, i don't think so, but interesting thoughts

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Re: Emphasis on Tobi having one MS eye but in fact he should have two at his disposal

I'm pretty sure you'd have to go through all stages to be able to be able to switch back. But IDK it miiight be possible

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah i think his ms has to be an ems to be a rinnegan
    because madara said he could use the gedo mazo since he's half uchiha and senju without the rinnegan
    implying that he can't awaken the rinnegan since he can't get an ems

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

most are right but i think obito mainly got one eye because he
    used the six path tech. to help against naruto, bee, etc. he has no need for ems. becuz
    senju dna makes up for it.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post
    The manga shows that upon activating the Rinnegan near death, Madara then passed his eyes onto Nagato.
    I understand that Nagato, being an Uzumaki, could only access the power granted by the Rinnegan and not any other Sharingan powers because he isn't an Uchiha. Edo Madara, on the other hand, is able to access all three stages of his dojutsu powers - Sharingan, EMS and Rinnegan.

So my point is....

When Tobi faces Konan and uses Izanagi, he gets rid of a replacement sharingan eye from his collection and goes to take Nagato's Rinnegan eye, implanting it in his left eye. Because Obito is implanted with Senju DNA, and is an Uchiha, not only should he have Rinnegan in his left eye, but should also have access to Madara's Sharingan as well as his Mangyeko Sharingan (note it's not eternal because they're not related).

Does this work? Or do you have to literally go through each evolutionary stage (Sharingan -> MS -> EMS -> Rinnegan) to have access to all three abilities? Discuss...
    I don't think that's how it works. Everything we've seen about the sharingan eyes (and it's later version, the Rinnegan) is that the only person who has full forward/backward control over a transformation is the person who unlocked it.

Kakashi cannot turn off his basic sharingan, because he wasn't the one who originally unlocked it for that eye. However, Kakashi can turn on and off the MS eye at will because he originally unlocked it.

Nagato couldn't turn off the Rinnegan because he wasn't the one to originally unlock it. Nagato also, clearly, doesn't have access to any of the powers of sharingan or MS, because he cannot access those stages.

I have to go back and look at the chapter about danzo and Shisui's eye.

Obito, like Nagato, isn't able to access the previous stages of Madara's Rinnegan, because he wasn't the one to originally unlock those stages.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrhoden View Post

So my point is....

Well...Its never revealed what Madara's MS/EMS techniques are. (No Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi is not needed for Susanoo,only 2 MS eyes. The Ama and Tsu was only for Itachi's case because those were the only MS techs in the manga so far,we hadnt seen Kamui yet and Sasuke has the same techs as Itachi because they are brothers and share the same blood.) Obito cant use Madara's Susanoo because he only has one eye...sooo basicly the EMS techs of the Rinnegan cant be used. (IMO i dont think he can use any of Madaras techs is because its not his eye and when transplanted you only access to Rinnegan,not what was before it.)

EDIT:Basicly what the person above me said.^

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must suffer me to go my
    own dark way.

I'm pretty sure you have to go through the steps. If not, Obito would have been using the other techs.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    I don't think that's how it works. Everything we've seen about the sharingan eyes (and it's later version, the Rinnegan) is that the only person who has full forward/backward control over a transformation is the person who unlocked it.

Kakashi cannot turn off his basic sharingan, because he wasn't the one who originally unlocked it for that eye. However, Kakashi can turn on and off the MS eye at will because he originally unlocked it.

Nagato couldn't turn off the Rinnegan because he wasn't the one to originally unlock it. Nagato also, clearly, doesn't have access to any of the powers of sharingan or MS, because he cannot access those stages.

I have to go back and look at the chapter about danzo and Shisui's eye.

Obito, like Nagato, isn't able to access the previous stages of Madara's Rinnegan, because he wasn't the one to originally unlock those stages.
    Agreed. Couldn't have explained it better myself...literally!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think all my points have been covered tbh, can't really argue with them. Cheers guys

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I just realized something...Theres one more Rinnegan eye out there!!! Obito only used one for his left eye!,He has one more at his disposal! What do you guys think is gonna be the fate of that last Rinnegan eye?

Sage Art: K.U.S.H. Katon MilwaukeegHost's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 paths View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to go through all stages to be able to be able to switch back. But IDK it miiight be possible

THIS.

Same Reason Nagato could not use the other eye doujutsus. He never awakened them.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It might work but it's not Obito's MS so it would have Madara's MS powers. The problem I think is that Obito just gained Rinnegan so he isn't amazingly skilled with it yet.