ℬeethoven of Metal

[Lightning] With Akihiko Sensei 0^0

*Waits for Sensei* ._.

Status
    O__O'

Re: [Lightning] With Akihiko Sensei 0^0

*walks towards you*

Hello, I'm Kiritsugu's senpai and have been entrusted with your training ^^

So, if you have any previous training in this element I ask that you link it to me here please?

If this is you first time training in Lightning, tell me why you would like to learn it and how you think you could use it battle?

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Oh hello there :3 , nice to meet ya. And I'll be doing Lightning all over again ^^

I wanna learn lightning because it allows the user to generate lightning by increasing the high frequency vibrations of their chakra, allowing for piercing damage and fast movement which are very helpful. The electricity paralyses the target so that they are unable to move and leave them vulnerable to a finishing strike. Lighting is very useful in battle, having lightning as an element, lightning can be infused into bladed weapons in a way similar to Wind Release through chakra flow for increased the piercing power through vibrations.

Status
    O__O'

What do you mean again o_O'

That is a great answer. ^^

Now, could you tell me a little about the strengths and weaknesses of lightning?

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

I like to learn . not really >_> , had some difficulties

Thank you :3

Lightning is strong against earth due to it's piercing power, and weak against wind because wind is an insulator to lightning, Lightning can be used as a defense mechanism like using techniques such as Chidori Nagashi for defense and getting the user out of Genjutsu, I believe.

Status
    O__O'

Good, in the case of Nagashi it will only get you out of certain genjutsu up to B-rank. More on it when a sensei teaches you genjutsu

Also note that lightning can be combined with a fire jutsu of the same rank, as lightning cannot be burnt by the fire it will travel through the flames without losing power to create a difficult to counter combination. Lightning can also be mixed with water to increase its power and in some cases, increase the speed at which the lightning travels.

Now, as for the properties of water... *performs a few hand seals, causing rain to begin falling*
    I want you to hold out your hands and gather a puddle of water in them, then we shall explore the properties of lightning.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Alright Got it :3

*Listening to Senpai's Orders I hold my hands out in a way that allows them to hold up a small puddle of water in them.*

Status
    O__O'

Good, *Puts one finger into the puddle of releases a small bolt of lightning into the puddle*

Feel that? Describe what you felt. Also describe how the lightning interacted with the water.

Last edited by Shinta; 11-20-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

*due to me not expecting that directly, and due to the lightning stinging me, I push my hands away dropping all the water, I also feel very little numbness at the points of my fingers.*

Woah that surprised me ._.

Status
    O__O'

That was kinda the point

Did you feel how the lightning radiated out in the water and did you feel the vibrations that give lightning its power? (That would be the part that numbed you )

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

I did , I did feel that o-o

Status
    O__O'

Good, give a brief summary of what it felt like to you, describe what you felt happen with the lightning in respects to its nature. Whenever you perform a Lightning jutsu you must try and replicate this using you own chakra.

We'll move on after that.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

I really don't know what to describe other than what I did, sorry Senpai >_<

Status
    O__O'

You should have felt the lightning's vibrations and its tendency to spread out through water, which can of course be controlled with your chakra. I need you to replicate the vibrations of the lightning with your chakra, and also the raw destructive power... something we shall see more of as we continue.

Begin by channelling your chakra into your hands, manipulating it so that is mimics the properties of lightning described earlier. Now use this 'lightning' chakra to send small bolts of lightning out towards my clone, standing a few feet away.

What do you notice about the sound of the jutsu?

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

I see, sorry again >.<

*I start by focusing on channeling my chakra to my hands, then I begin manipulating it so that it takes the properties of lightning such as continuous vibrating, once I feel the lightning is ready I shoot small bolts of lightning from my right hand towards your clone.*

Well as a lightning it should sound like a loud crack, or even so simply a crack, right ?

Status
    O__O'

No need to apologise, I just like to make sure my students understand the element ^^

You are correct, lightning does have a defining crack or crackly sound as bolts are released or if a wave is released.

(Raiton no Jutsu) - Lightning Release Technique
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short - Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: 20
    Description: The user will manipulate their chakra to create small bolts of lightning to attack their target

Now I want you to once again gather your lightning chakra into your hands, and then slam them onto the ground, releasing a surge of electricity that would travel along the ground to shock my clone.

Why would you use this in battle?

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Nice :3 and thanks.

*After listening to your orders, I start by focusing my lightning chakra then channel it to my right hand, I utilize a sufficient amount of it then I quickly slam my hand on the ground which results into releasing a surge of electricity that travels along the ground shocking your clone and making it Poof.*

Status
    O__O'

O__O' Name change?

(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short
    Damage points: 20
    Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.

This one I want you to surge you lightning chakra all through your body and then release it as a spherical shield of lightning that should stop my clone as he tries to jump on you.

When might you use this in battle?

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Yeash :3 , me like this one.

*I start by gathering a good amount of chakra and utilize it throughout my body then I surge the lightning chakra through my body and release it all at once resulting in a shield of lightning that is able to stop your clone as he tries to attack me.*

This is a good way to deflect projectiles and defend from shirt ranged attacks, too bad it's a D-Rank though

Status
    O__O'

For a minute their I though I had you confused with another thread

Doesn't matter if it is D-rank, I wouldn't want to be near that when you use it

(Raiton: Raijingu Sanda) - Lightning Style: Raging Thunder
    Type: Attack
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: The user hits the opponent with an electric field shield that covers the users body.

Now, put up the shield again and this time charge it with enough raiton chakra so that it will explode and push my clone backwards as he tries to tackle you. The explosion should shock him as well as push him back.

How would this fair against a taijutsu user? (Not rank just if they were free forming)

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Well , then it's a good technique if that's what others will think too

*I start by gathering a good amount of chakra and utilize it throughout my body then I surge the lightning chakra through my body and release it all at once resulting in a shield of lightning that forms around me which I charge with an enough amount of lightning thus exploding and pushing your clone backwards as he tries to tackle me.*

Well lol this is beast for a freeform Tai fight, shock + giving me an opening and dealing damage at the same time.

Status
    O__O'

I'm not sure if many people use D-ranks any more but they do have purpose and value if used correctly

Everything you have said is correct, if I am correct elemental jutsu should be stronger than tai so you should be able to repel a C-rank taijutsu attack with this one... someone should go and check that '>_>

(Raiton: Sandaa Saaburu) - Lightning Style: Thunder Saber
    Type: Attack
    Range:Short
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: Hits opponent with an electric field shield that explodes and can blow back the enemy.

Gather you lightning chakra and concentrate it into both of your hands, then slam them on the ground releasing a powerful wave of electricity directed towards my clones feet. The lightning should be strong enough to tear through rock and leave an definite impression on the ground as it travels towards my clone.

Tell me what would happen if you combined this with a water jutsu or even if my clone where standing on a lake of water?

Also describe to me the effects of the sound coming from this jutsu, would it have a distinctive sound that could alert you target?

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

>.> yeah someone...

*I start by focusing on my lightning chakra then I gather a good amount of it then channel it and concentrate it in my hands, then I slam on the ground releasing a powerful wave of electricity directed towards your clone's feet which results in tearing through the rocks and leaving an impression as it travels towards it due to it's power.*

The lightning will get to him in a much shorter time leaving him absolutely no time to react.

Yes the earth being cut through and destroyed as the lightning moves will alert me.

Status
    O__O'

I forgot to update lightning yesterday O__O'

Anyway, good. The water also serves to give a slight damage boost to the jutsu.

(Raiton: Jibashi) - Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder
    Type: Offense
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30 (+5 if used in conjunction with a water jutsu)
    Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.

Hold your hands in front of you like you are holding a basketball in front of your chest, then concentrate your raiton chakra into the space in between them. Gather enough chakra and release it as a dense ball of lightning that should start sparking, contain it with you chakra so it doesn't get out of hand. Then shout "Masenko HA!" and use your chakra to propel it towards my clone, be sure to mention where you hit and maybe why you aimed there...

Status
    Aug 2011
    ℬeethoven of Metal

*I hold my hands infront of me like I'm holding a basketball infront of my chest, then I start gathering and concentrating on my lightning chakra and utilize a sufficient amount for this technique then I release the chakra into the space in between my hands which results in creating a dense ball of lightning which starts to sparkle, I use my chakra to maintain it's form and keep it in between my hands then I shout Masenko HA! and use my chakra to send that ball towards your clone aiming for his head for a definite kill.*

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last»