Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Santoryu Training

I walk into the battlefield, carrying three katana's at my hip, awaiting my sensei.

"Oi! I'm learning Three-Swords Style, right? :D Or was it the still-cool but slightly-lamer One-Sword Style?"

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Re: Santoryu Training

*I appear with my blade*

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

O_o So... Kenjutsu? How many swords do I need to learn Kenjutsu?

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

17.98 o_o

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*Pulls out a scroll and summons fifteen more swords in addition to the three I have. Then I take one, measure it, and cut off 2% of it; 1% of the blade and 1% of the hilt.* There, 17.98 swords. May we begin actual training, now? :D

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Yes! Now throw 16.98 of those swords away. And tell me what Kenjutsu is.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*Throwing away the somewhat broken sword, and 13 others, I resheath two of the swords I had originally brought very carefully, making sure to treat my good swords with respect, as any swordsman should. Then, holding the sword I am about to undergo proper kenjutsu training with, I lift my head and look my sensei in the eyes as I prepare my response.*

"Kenjutsu is the art of wielding a sword for various techniques, which may or may not utilize chakra. Like taijutsu, most of the time kenjutsu will not require chakra, making it great for when a ninja is running low, or simply wants to reserve it. The Samurai from the Land of Iron are renown for their kenjutsu abilities and Iado, the art of unsheathing a sword, striking one's opponent, and resheathing. A skilled enough kenjutsu user can do this so fast handseals are useless, forcing one's opponent to rely on tai or kenjutsu."

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

That's great ^_^

Ready? ^o^

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ready! :overjoy:

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

*Disappears from your sight, the reappears behind you, hitting you in the back of the head with the flat part of my blade*

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*Spins around with my sword, I look at you, resisting the urge to swing my sword, as you are my sensei.*

"Yes?"

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

-Mod Intervention-

Just a heads up. I don't really know to what your 'Santouryuu' now actually refers to as it simply means '3-sword style' and does not imply how those 3 swords are used and thus could have a variety of meanings, for instance using a sword in your butt crack and the other two in both of your nostrils could by its definition be called 3-swords style and thus is not something I, or anyone else, can ©. However what I do can is © Zoro's Santouryuu, referring to the style to hold two swords in your hands and one in your mouth.

I am the only person on NB who can teach that style and the only persons who can use it are the ones who I have taught it to or might teach it to in the future. Anyone who is doing that without having been trained by me nor having my permission to teach it, has broken the RP rules.

As I said I don't know to what your title now exactly refers to. If it indeed does refer to my style, then you stop immediately. If it refers to something else, well then you can carry on and you know it for future reference.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    -Mod Intervention-

Just a heads up. I don't really know to what your 'Santouryuu' now actually refers to as it simply means '3-sword style' and does not imply how those 3 swords are used and thus could have a variety of meanings, for instance using a sword in your butt crack and the other two in both of your nostrils could by its definition be called 3-swords style and thus is not something I, or anyone else, can ©. However what I do can is © Zoro's Santouryuu, referring to the style to hold two swords in your hands and one in your mouth.

I am the only person on NB who can teach that style and the only persons who can use it are the ones who I have taught it to or might teach it to in the future. Anyone who is doing that without having been trained by me nor having my permission to teach it, has broken the RP rules.

As I said I don't know to what your title now exactly refers to. If it indeed does refer to my style, then you stop immediately. If it refers to something else, well then you can carry on and you know it for future reference.
    I apologize, Caliburn; I have recently gotten into One Piece and I love Zoro, so I entitled my generic Kenjutsu training as "Santoryu Training". If you wish to change the title, you may, but I just thought I'd have something other than "Kenjutsu training". If I enfringe on your copyright of Zoro's sword style with my title, I apologize, as this was not my intention...

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Woah, Cali

Good, you passed that test..

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I did? O_o So... Now what? May we begin with kenjutsu?

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Yes lol

Give me 1,000 slashes at this rag doll

*poofs in ragdoll*

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*Taking an offensive stance towards your doll, I bring my hands, holding the sword, back like a baseball bat. Then, I twist my body, swinging the sword in addition to my body's motion, and stick the sharp blade of the sword into the side of your dummy.* "ONE!" *Then, bringing my arms back into the previous position, twisting my body so the same power can be put behind the second strike, I unwind again so my sword strikes the dummy's side* "TWO!" *This repeats for hours on end....*
    ***Hours Later***
    "THOUSAND!!"

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Noww your best combo! Now!

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Looking at your clone (or my clone, if you aren't providing one) mid-range away from me, I begin with three quick handseals, placing him under an illusion where I appear to jump a meter closer to him in an instant. Running in the real world as well, the illusion 1-meter-closer me also appears to run, getting closer and closer to your clone, slashing at him as the real me is one meter too far away to make contact (so it looks like I can hit him). Then, as I come within one meter of your clone, the genjutsu goes weird, hinting to your clone that he's in a genjutsu. But it's already too later, as I've begun to wave my sword, casting a second genjutsu as your clone dispels the first. In this genjutsu, your clone sees multiple waving arms, casting an effect where he can't tell what's going on or where the real sword is. As the genjutsu takes effect, the real me wastes no time for your clone to try and dispel the technique; I swing from my right shoulder to my left hip, bringing the blade down in a diagonal slash, cutting your clone while he attempts to make out where I am.
    (Genjutsu: Okuyuki Chikaku) - Illusion Technique: Depth Perception
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user makes three handseals, casting an illusion on a single target that causes that target to see the user one metre closer to him than he really is. Although this is useless in terms of avoiding most Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, it is very useful in causing Taijutsu or Kenjutsu users to swing at the air one metre in front of the user's real position, safeguarding the user from damage.

(Konoha-Ryū: Yanagi) - Leaf Ninja Art: Willow
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage points: 35
    Description: The user waves their sword back and forth, which when seen by the target locks them in a genjutsu which causes them to hallucinate multiple waving arms. The movement resembles that of a willow tree blowing in the wind. With the enemy off guard, the user is free to cut them down.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    -Mod Intervention-

MUST NOT SPAM AND LAUGH...failed

DAMN IT

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Great job ^.^

Good, sorry for the late response

(Ken Rendan no Jutsu) - Sword Barrage Technique
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: 25
    Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing liberal damage to their enemy.

I want you to grab your sword and hold it in front of you. I then want you to slowly start slashing in front of you with, gradually building up into faster and more violent, but precise slashes.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's fine, man. :D

*Holding my sword out in front of me with my right hand, the blade pointed straight out so it's perpendicular to my body, I begin to bend my elbow, swinging the sword slowly to the left. Then, I twist my wrist so the sharp edge of my blade faces the right as I move my arm in the other direction, slowly swinging my sword to the right. I continue this pattern, right, left, right, left, turning my wrist every time so the sharp edge is always facing the direction I'm slashing. As I continue to swing my sword back and forth, I slowly begin to build up speed, slashing the air before me quickly. As I my slashes become faster, I put more force behind them, increasing not only the speed, but the power of the cut so as to increase the overall quality of the slash over time. As I continue to increase the quality of my slashes, I continually focus on knowing where my arm is going, where it'll stop, how much power is going behind the slash, all so that I can maintain a constant strength and quality in my cuts; so that they can be as precise as possible every time. I continue to slash back and forth at the air, getting quicker and more violent every second while attempting to maintain my precision, until I hear my sensei asking me to stop.*

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

Wonderful, really. ^.^

(Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu) - Fury Swallow Technique
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: 25
    Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.

Very explanatory no?

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*I begin by running up to your clone, my katana strapped across my back with the handle pointing out over my right shoulder. As I get near your clone, I stop with my left foot planted in front of my right, my body turned so my left side is facing your clone square on. Then I spin my body around, getting a full rotation behind a right-handed punch as I turn my body, pushing my full weight behind the punch. As soon as I've made contact, with my left hand pulled back ready for a second punch I begin to twist my body the other way around, spinning it clockwise now so that I can extend my left arm into your clone's midsection, punching him hard and pulling my right hand back in preparation for yet another punch. After doing this three times (for a total of six punches; three with my right and three with my left), I pull back my left foot so it's even with my right as your clone most likely begins to stumble back from the quick barrage of one-two punches. As I step back, my right hand reaches up and over my shoulder, grabbing the handle of my blade. As your clone begins to regain his balance from the slight stumble, I pull the katana from its sheath, the blade sliding out with a clean "shhh-ing" sound, the blade then falling, under the guidance of my arm, from your clone's left shoulder to his right hip, in a diagonal slash across his body. As soon as the steel blade left your clone's flesh, trailing blood with it (I think clones bleed... They've done summoning before, correct?), my arm windmills around in a tight circle to bring the blade up and over your clone's right shoulder, where the previous motion is mirrored, slashing your clone from the right shoulder to the left hip, leaving an "X" mark across his chest. As soon as the second line of the "X" is complete, I raise my arm up and re-sheath the crimson-edged blade, glaring at your clone until he either falls or poofs.*

I find that things which are possible in the real world (ie. taijutsu and kenjutsu) have the capability of condensing so much more detail into what you do, whereas we have to guess on how a chakra system works and how to describe it, generally leaving a descripting which is "lacking". Just an observation of mine as I wrote this...

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    305 to Kumo #Darui4Sage

I understand you, but it depends on the user honestly while they explain. While on the other hand, you're very descriptive which is a plus! Wonderful ^.^

Do you own a bio who was once a Kumo nin? Or was in the village training recently? Or have you been a member of Kumo?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»