Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Training Guide with Lili-Chwan Scorps and Reborn

Alrighty, this will be fun ^^

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!

Re: Training Guide with Lili-Chwan Scorps and Reborn

Oh... Training?!?!

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm back but please
    refrain from showering me with
    VMS/PMS if you can...

So dear sir, where do we start and who starts teaching?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Oh damn I'm late .-. I was training other people too :ghehe:

Anyway, should we follow the diagram?

I was thinking that we should follow the diagram and teach in that order. Also since we have the basic skeleton of how each element is divided, when one teaches the concepts and everything, we expand on each other's ideas and so on and at the end, we make Five collective posts (one per element) which is compiled of the finalized entity of each element and possibly any other additional information we have.

Idk if what I said is clear or not, I'm high on cough syrup ~_~

Last edited by Reborn; 11-15-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

Cough syrup...the drug of kings

Yeah, but you do know the diagram is circular? Thus where to start? LOL

Fire?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Cough syrup...the drug of kings

Yeah, but you do know the diagram is circular? Thus where to start? LOL

Fire?
    Well I thought of it as a pentagan with the five points. I know it goes in a circle lol, but yes I was suggesting we begin with fire. Then wind, lightning, earth, and water

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

Okay then, Sempai, do the honors.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Alrighty then. I'm going to start off with my intro to fire and fire release and then we can go from there.
    Fire release is style used in the Narutoverse and in the RP that utilizes one Fire nature chakra inside their core. Fire is a very violent element that breaths and spreds it's power and destruction. It's a fast element although not as fast as Wind or lightning. The main property fire possesses is great levels of heat, capable of incinerations. When generating fire, one superheats their chakra giving them this ability and it's usually generated from the mouth (though can be released from other points of release). However, this property of heat can be used in various other ways. For example, one could add fire chakra to their bladed weapons, allowing them to easily cut harder objects like metals with ease. One can also use heat to affect their opponent without actually burning them or requirng contact with the fire. The concept of the heat stroke, the amount of heat generated can be used in ways to increase body tempatures beyond safe points and initiate fatiuge or illness that hinders your opponent. Also, waves generated by the heat can be used to alter the density and bahavior of the air. There is a technique in the RP's NB Genjutsu curriculum that does just this, utilizing katon in the atmosphere to affect the way light reflects allowing for the user to create an illusion. On a molecular level, the moicules in fire move at a rapid pace, which allows them to generate the type of heat they do. When speaking on the molecular structure, the rapid pace of this plsama element makes it a great element to work in conjunction with Lightning release. For one both are able to keep up with each other and Fire also covers for Lightning's weakness of wind. Wind>Lightning for it being a natural insulator however Fire>Wind due to the augmenting properties the wind has to feed fire with the oxygen in the air (though not the case when Wind and Fire oppose each other necessarily).

Anything to add/correct?

Last edited by Reborn; 11-16-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

Before that, first things first: Skeleton of the teaching style.

-First step: acertain the overal level of knowledge of the student regarding basic RP/Narutoverse concepts. Ask him to define the following concepts:
    *Ninja
    *Chakra
    *Genjutsu
    *Ninjutsu
    *Elements
    *Elemental Ninjutsu
    *Taijutsu
    *Kenjutsu
    *Fuuinjutsu
    *Kinjutsu

-Second step: correct his answers and provide the overal knowledge of each concept in the correct manner.

±± Ninja ±±

A ninja is someone who uses their full abilities in the service of his/hers beliefs, working to achieve a goal. This goal can be anything from peace to war, money, destruction, personal griefs or even revenge and can be shared with others or individual. Most ninjas are fighters and correspond to the bulk of the military force of the great nations. However, a ninja doesn't need to be a fighter. Even medics or a simple carpenter may, in times of need, use his abilities (medical knowledge or abilities in working with wood for example) to accomplish the goals he set to himself, following his beliefs.

±± Chakra ±±

Chakra is the energy that is formed through the passive combination of both the Physical and the Spiritual energies in a sentient being. Physical energy corresponds to the vitality of the body and its own energy. Spiritual energy corresponds to the mind or spirit, and comes from the awareness and "soul" of each sentient being.

Some ninjas have high levels of chakra because they have great physical energy (like the Akimichi or even Tsunade) and others because of their spiritual energy (like the Uchiha and the Yamanaka). However, its much more difficult to increase the spiritual energy than the physical one, thus why all ninjas pass through intensive physical workout.

±± Ninjutsu ±±

Ninjutsu, or Ninja Arts, is the ability to, through the use of chakra, accomplish tasks that would be otherwise impossible to do. Ninjutsu are done by molding the chakra and using it to produce the desired effect/technique. This is done by two basic principles: Shape Manipulation and Nature Transformation. These correspond to the two broad areas that one needs to change in the chakra to produce a jutsu. Shape manipulation pertains to the ability to give your chakra a desired form while Nature transformation pertains to the ability to give your chakra a desired set of characteristics/properties. Sometimes, to better mold chakra, ninja use Handseals. Handseals are simply hand gestures that allow the ninja to more easily concentrate and mold the chakra into the desired technique.

±± Genjutsu ±±

Genjutsu, or Illusionary Arts, unlike ninjutsu, don't produce a real, palpable, feasible effect; it produces an illusionary effect. With a specific KG however, the illusions can become so strong that the body will be fooled into mimicking in real life the fake effects its perceiving through the illusion. There exists two types of Genjutsu: the passive, non chakra fueled ones (basically illusions to our senses like visual paradoxes and such which have little use in the RP and can be easily overcome through experience and logic) and the active, chakra fueled ones. Within the active chakra fueled ones two subtypes exist: Dojutsu fueled Genjutsu and Normal Genjutsu.

Genjutsu works by using chakra to disturb the chakra flow of the opponent, specially in the brain, altering his senses. By doing this you can make him perceive any thing his senses are capable of: pain, heat, cold, tickles, iching, etc etc. A ninja can make the opponent taste, smell, feel, see or hear anything he wants. However, because this is done by using your chakra to manipulate his chakra flow, the ninja needs to be close or, many times, have direct eye contact or even physical contact. This is the main limitation of Genjutsu: range. The further you are away from your opponent, the harder it is to induce the fluctuation on his chakra flow to produce the genjutsu.

How exactly does it work? Well, every one has a balanced chakra flow. The chakra flows in a balanced combination of both physical and spiritual energies. The ratio between them vary from person to person (that is how each person has a different chakra signature) but its always calm and balanced. To produce a genjutsu, a ninja uses his chakra to disturb that balance in a controlled way. A fluctuation is created in the persons chakra "wave length" and makes it fluctuate in a given way. This produces the illusion by scrambling the users link between his Spirit and his Body which effectively is the link between his mind and his senses. To make your chakra be capable of doing the correct fluctuation, you need to use, most of the times, handseals. These help you mold and shape and focus your chakra to the correct wave length you want to induce, thus enabling you to use it to disturb the targets chakra flow.

±± Taijutsu ±±

Taijutsu is basically Hand to Hand combat. Its composed of several disciplines and arts, the most used of which is called Strong Fist. Other types include for example, Gentle Fist. Taijutsu uses the body as a weapon to attack or defend against your enemy. Its powered by chakra but in a different way than Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, as you don't need to mold chakra to perform Taijutsu (as seen in Rock Lee's case). Chakra in Taijutsu acts as the fuel, powering the body through its moves, specially in terms of Physical energy. The main characteristic of Taijutsu is that it can be combined with several other areas of a ninja's arsenal, such as Kenjutsu or Ninjutsu (in this case producing Nintaijutsu). This makes Taijutsu the basic skill every ninja has to have.

Taijutsu can be advanced through mastery of the Eigh Inner Gates. These are "limiters" that exist within the chakra circulatory system and that regulate and limit the chakra output, keeping it at safe levels, thus keeping the body safe. Through intense training and skill, a ninja can unlock them gaining access to increased chakra output and, through that, increased physical power. However, doing so damages the body and may even lead to death.

±± Kenjutsu ±±

Kenjutsu or Sword Arts, are the skills regarding the use of swords in battle. Its in essence a more advanced variation of Taijutsu in which you use a bladed weapon (sword) to increase the letal capability of your attacks and to increase your defensive ability. Sword Arts vary greatly, perhaps even more than Taijutsu, and can, as the former, be combined with Ninjutsu or Taijtusu to increase its abilities and power.

±± Gogyō/Godai or The Five Natural Elements ±±

In Narutoverse there exists 5 main energies in Nature: Fire (Hi), Earth (Tsuchi), Wind (Kaze), Water (Mizu) and Lightning (Raikou). Fire represents rebirth; destruction as a means for creation; transformation. Earth represents resilience, strength and durability; stability and bounds; protection. Wind represents freedom, absence of regret; freedom of spirit; escape. Water represents tranquility and peace; life and nurturing; change. Lightning represents wildness and boldness; its the element that embodies the desire to break free from control; rebellion.

±± Godai Seishitsu Henka or The Five Elemental Ninjutsu ±±

Elemental Ninjutsu correspond to the ability to manipulate or use the basic 5 elements of Nature through Ninjutsu, taking full use of the advance form of chakra control that is Seishitsu Henka or Nature Transformation. These correspond to 5 releases or styles: Earth Release (Doton), Fire Release (Katon), Water Release (Suiton), Lightning Release (Raiton) and Wind Release (Fuuton).

Each of these releases has a weakness and a strength towards another element:

-Fire Release is weak against Water Release and strong against Wind Release
    -Wind Release is weak against Fire Release but strong against Lightning Release
    -Lightning Release is weak against Wind Release but strong against Earth Release
    -Earth Release is weak against Lightning Release but strong against Water Release
    -Water Release is weak against Earth Release but strong against Fire Release

±± Fuuinjutsu or Sealing Arts ±±

Fuuinjutsu or Sealing Arts, are a type of Jutsu that seals chakra, living beings, objects, energy, etc whithin another object through the use of kanji codes/spells.

Fuuinjutsu may vary greatly but most obey the same basic principle: You need a medium (living or not) in which was prepared the Kanji Codes/Inscriptions of the seal. You need to expend chakra to activate the seal and chakra to sustain it for a given amount of time. To release it, you must once again expend chakra to unlock the seal, while still needing the correct "key". The "key" is a variation of the technique only known to those who create it, thus disabling the probability of the seal being released by someone else; it can be a given set of handseals or even a DNA imprint (through a blood contract). However, even if most seals may work in this simple fashion, some more advanced seals work in many other ways. Even if you take into account that all seals must be triggered/fueled by chakra, they must all have a medium in which to seal away the target. Some seals are "organic" in the sense that they seal something using a living, organic medium, others are "inorganic" in the sense that they use a non-living object as a mdeium to seal.

Because seals are fueled by chakra, they become weakened through time, as the chakra that was expended to create and maintain it, becomes consumed. Because of this, when sealing something in a living being, the seal is generally made to use the chakra from the being to sustain itself, delaying the eventual weakening.

-Third Step: acertain their level of knowledge in the current field/element being taught.

*what is X element?
    *how would you define its usage? Supplementary, Defensive, Offensive, etc? And why?
    *what are its interactions with other elements? (not only weaknesses but also how to combo and how to actually take advantage of the minor interactions (example: water is strong against fire but it also produces steam that can be used as a way to surprise your enemy)

-Fourth step: correct your student and introduce the full knowledge needed.

I'll use your basis to make a set of minor changes.

Fire release or Fire style or more exactly, Katon, is a field of elemental ninjutsu used in the Narutoverse and in the RP that enables the user to, through his chakra, manipulate and create the elemet of Fire. Fire is a very powerful offensive element as it embodies destruction and transformation. Normally, most Fire techniques are closely associated with the user breath and require the user to mold their chakra in their lungs as they inhale, exaling the technique. It's a fast element although not as fast as Lightning or some Wind techniques. The main property fire possesses is temperature. This temperature is the heart of the Fire's ability to destroy. When generating fire, one superheats their chakra as he manipulates both his nature and shape, transforming its nature into Fire nature and it's usually (like stated above) released or related to the user breath although it can be released from other points of the body or in other ways. The heat property can be used in various other ways. For example, one could add fire chakra to their bladed weapons, allowing them to easily cut harder objects like metals with increased ease. One can also use heat to affect their opponent without actually burning them or requirng contact with the fire and one could even go further and use the concept of the heat stroke, (the amount of heat generated can be used in ways to increase body tempatures beyond safe points and initiate fatiuge or illness that hinders your opponent) although this would generally require medical knowledge or training. Also, waves generated by the heat can be used to alter the density and behavior of the air. There is a technique in the RP's NB Genjutsu curriculum that does just this, utilizing katon in the atmosphere to affect the way light reflects allowing for the user to create an illusion.
    Fire is weak to Water (which can't be ignited and acts as a perfect fire extinguishing element) and strong to Wind (which is nothing more than fuel for fire techniques which consume it). However, Fire can be useful when used with water to produce steam or other "vision hindering" effects or even scald the target instead of burning it. On the other hand, while being weak to wind, it can be used with wind to increase its own power, creating devastating Fire/Wind combo techniques that burn hotter and larger than normal fire and have more concussive energy than normal Wind.
    Fire can also be used with earth, mainly the fire stream related techniques and mud based techniques, which when done together can produce devastating molten rock/lava attacks.
    On a molecular level, fire moves at a rapid pace, which allows them to generate the type of heat they do. When speaking on the molecular structure, the rapid pace of this plasma element makes it a great element to work in conjunction with Lightning release. For one both are able to keep up with each other and Fire also covers for Lightning's weakness of wind. Wind>Lightning for it being a natural insulator however Fire>Wind due to the augmenting properties the wind has to feed fire with the oxygen in the air.
    Fire can laos be used to cauterize wounds, providing a quick fix for minor to moderate wounds in the misdt of battle by infusing a metal object with fire and compressing the wound with it, burning the blood vessels and stopping the bleeding.

^^

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Alrighty then. I'm going to start off with my intro to fire and fire release and then we can go from there.
    Fire release is style used in the Narutoverse and in the RP that utilizes one Fire nature chakra inside their core. Fire is a very violent element that breaths and spreds it's power and destruction. It's a fast element although not as fast as Wind or lightning. The main property fire possesses is great levels of heat, capable of incinerations. When generating fire, one superheats their chakra giving them this ability and it's usually generated from the mouth (though can be released from other points of release). However, this property of heat can be used in various other ways. For example, one could add fire chakra to their bladed weapons, allowing them to easily cut harder objects like metals with ease. One can also use heat to affect their opponent without actually burning them or requirng contact with the fire. The concept of the heat stroke, the amount of heat generated can be used in ways to increase body tempatures beyond safe points and initiate fatiuge or illness that hinders your opponent. Also, waves generated by the heat can be used to alter the density and bahavior of the air. There is a technique in the RP's NB Genjutsu curriculum that does just this, utilizing katon in the atmosphere to affect the way light reflects allowing for the user to create an illusion. On a molecular level, the moicules in fire move at a rapid pace, which allows them to generate the type of heat they do. When speaking on the molecular structure, the rapid pace of this plsama element makes it a great element to work in conjunction with Lightning release. For one both are able to keep up with each other and Fire also covers for Lightning's weakness of wind. Wind>Lightning for it being a natural insulator however Fire>Wind due to the augmenting properties the wind has to feed fire with the oxygen in the air (though not the case when Wind and Fire oppose each other necessarily).

Anything to add/correct?
    Although violent, this is an energy based element, thus has a certain intangibility to it. Thus, while adding heat to it's combinations, it also allows other elements to pass through it, while still giving a certain impairment to your opponent's vision (be it because it's too bright or too red, etc, which is to say, your opponent can only see the element you're trying to pass through it after it travels some distance into the fire).

Also I've developed this theory that each element has a certain characteristic or property which will define it's input into any combination. Fire's input is, obviously, heat. Heat in any form, either giving the other element a greater temperature, allowing it to became brighter or having burning/scolding capabilities, or actually changing the state of whichever element/substance we're combining Fire with. Fire also has the ability to accelerate the atoms to a more complex nature, allowing one to play with the stability of the element's structure, which is to say, give the second element a certain explosive property.

On a more specific level:

Water - Boiling Water (scolding/burning abilities), Steam (scolding, phase change).

Earth - Lava (scolding, phase change), Blazing Stone (Scolding, Brightness), Unstable Rock/Lava (Explosive
    Lava/Burning Debris).

Wind - Burning Air (obvious scolding/burning), Unstable Air Pockets (scolding and explosive abilities)

Lightning - Plasma (phase change, higher energy), Unstable Currents (explosive lightning, more violent)

Anyone wanna try the other elements?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Before that, first things first: Skeleton of the teaching style.

-First step: acertain the overal level of knowledge of the student regarding basic RP/Narutoverse concepts. Ask him to define the following concepts:
    *Ninja
    *Chakra
    *Genjutsu
    *Ninjutsu
    *Elements
    *Elemental Ninjutsu
    *Taijutsu
    *Kenjutsu
    *Fuuinjutsu
    *Kinjutsu

-Second step: correct his answers and provide the overal knowledge of each concept in the correct manner.

±± Ninja ±±

A ninja is someone who uses their full abilities in the service of his/hers beliefs, working to achieve a goal. This goal can be anything from peace to war, money, destruction, personal griefs or even revenge and can be shared with others or individual. Most ninjas are fighters and correspond to the bulk of the military force of the great nations. However, a ninja doesn't need to be a fighter. Even medics or a simple carpenter may, in times of need, use his abilities (medical knowledge or abilities in working with wood for example) to accomplish the goals he set to himself, following his beliefs.

±± Chakra ±±

Chakra is the energy that is formed through the passive combination of both the Physical and the Spiritual energies in a sentient being. Physical energy corresponds to the vitality of the body and its own energy. Spiritual energy corresponds to the mind or spirit, and comes from the awareness and "soul" of each sentient being.

Some ninjas have high levels of chakra because they have great physical energy (like the Akimichi or even Tsunade) and others because of their spiritual energy (like the Uchiha and the Yamanaka). However, its much more difficult to increase the spiritual energy than the physical one, thus why all ninjas pass through intensive physical workout.

±± Ninjutsu ±±

Ninjutsu, or Ninja Arts, is the ability to, through the use of chakra, accomplish tasks that would be otherwise impossible to do. Ninjutsu are done by molding the chakra and using it to produce the desired effect/technique. This is done by two basic principles: Shape Manipulation and Nature Transformation. These correspond to the two broad areas that one needs to change in the chakra to produce a jutsu. Shape manipulation pertains to the ability to give your chakra a desired form while Nature transformation pertains to the ability to give your chakra a desired set of characteristics/properties. Sometimes, to better mold chakra, ninja use Handseals. Handseals are simply hand gestures that allow the ninja to more easily concentrate and mold the chakra into the desired technique.

±± Genjutsu ±±

Genjutsu, or Illusionary Arts, unlike ninjutsu, don't produce a real, palpable, feasible effect; it produces an illusionary effect. With a specific KG however, the illusions can become so strong that the body will be fooled into mimicking in real life the fake effects its perceiving through the illusion. There exists two types of Genjutsu: the passive, non chakra fueled ones (basically illusions to our senses like visual paradoxes and such which have little use in the RP and can be easily overcome through experience and logic) and the active, chakra fueled ones. Within the active chakra fueled ones two subtypes exist: Dojutsu fueled Genjutsu and Normal Genjutsu.

Genjutsu works by using chakra to disturb the chakra flow of the opponent, specially in the brain, altering his senses. By doing this you can make him perceive any thing his senses are capable of: pain, heat, cold, tickles, iching, etc etc. A ninja can make the opponent taste, smell, feel, see or hear anything he wants. However, because this is done by using your chakra to manipulate his chakra flow, the ninja needs to be close or, many times, have direct eye contact or even physical contact. This is the main limitation of Genjutsu: range. The further you are away from your opponent, the harder it is to induce the fluctuation on his chakra flow to produce the genjutsu.

How exactly does it work? Well, every one has a balanced chakra flow. The chakra flows in a balanced combination of both physical and spiritual energies. The ratio between them vary from person to person (that is how each person has a different chakra signature) but its always calm and balanced. To produce a genjutsu, a ninja uses his chakra to disturb that balance in a controlled way. A fluctuation is created in the persons chakra "wave length" and makes it fluctuate in a given way. This produces the illusion by scrambling the users link between his Spirit and his Body which effectively is the link between his mind and his senses. To make your chakra be capable of doing the correct fluctuation, you need to use, most of the times, handseals. These help you mold and shape and focus your chakra to the correct wave length you want to induce, thus enabling you to use it to disturb the targets chakra flow.

±± Taijutsu ±±

Taijutsu is basically Hand to Hand combat. Its composed of several disciplines and arts, the most used of which is called Strong Fist. Other types include for example, Gentle Fist. Taijutsu uses the body as a weapon to attack or defend against your enemy. Its powered by chakra but in a different way than Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, as you don't need to mold chakra to perform Taijutsu (as seen in Rock Lee's case). Chakra in Taijutsu acts as the fuel, powering the body through its moves, specially in terms of Physical energy. The main characteristic of Taijutsu is that it can be combined with several other areas of a ninja's arsenal, such as Kenjutsu or Ninjutsu (in this case producing Nintaijutsu). This makes Taijutsu the basic skill every ninja has to have.

Taijutsu can be advanced through mastery of the Eigh Inner Gates. These are "limiters" that exist within the chakra circulatory system and that regulate and limit the chakra output, keeping it at safe levels, thus keeping the body safe. Through intense training and skill, a ninja can unlock them gaining access to increased chakra output and, through that, increased physical power. However, doing so damages the body and may even lead to death.

±± Kenjutsu ±±

Kenjutsu or Sword Arts, are the skills regarding the use of swords in battle. Its in essence a more advanced variation of Taijutsu in which you use a bladed weapon (sword) to increase the letal capability of your attacks and to increase your defensive ability. Sword Arts vary greatly, perhaps even more than Taijutsu, and can, as the former, be combined with Ninjutsu or Taijtusu to increase its abilities and power.

±± Gogyō/Godai or The Five Natural Elements ±±

In Narutoverse there exists 5 main energies in Nature: Fire (Hi), Earth (Tsuchi), Wind (Kaze), Water (Mizu) and Lightning (Raikou). Fire represents rebirth; destruction as a means for creation; transformation. Earth represents resilience, strength and durability; stability and bounds; protection. Wind represents freedom, absence of regret; freedom of spirit; escape. Water represents tranquility and peace; life and nurturing; change. Lightning represents wildness and boldness; its the element that embodies the desire to break free from control; rebellion.

±± Godai Seishitsu Henka or The Five Elemental Ninjutsu ±±

Elemental Ninjutsu correspond to the ability to manipulate or use the basic 5 elements of Nature through Ninjutsu, taking full use of the advance form of chakra control that is Seishitsu Henka or Nature Transformation. These correspond to 5 releases or styles: Earth Release (Doton), Fire Release (Katon), Water Release (Suiton), Lightning Release (Raiton) and Wind Release (Fuuton).

Each of these releases has a weakness and a strength towards another element:

-Fire Release is weak against Water Release and strong against Wind Release
    -Wind Release is weak against Fire Release but strong against Lightning Release
    -Lightning Release is weak against Wind Release but strong against Earth Release
    -Earth Release is weak against Lightning Release but strong against Water Release
    -Water Release is weak against Earth Release but strong against Fire Release

±± Fuuinjutsu or Sealing Arts ±±

Fuuinjutsu or Sealing Arts, are a type of Jutsu that seals chakra, living beings, objects, energy, etc whithin another object through the use of kanji codes/spells.

Fuuinjutsu may vary greatly but most obey the same basic principle: You need a medium (living or not) in which was prepared the Kanji Codes/Inscriptions of the seal. You need to expend chakra to activate the seal and chakra to sustain it for a given amount of time. To release it, you must once again expend chakra to unlock the seal, while still needing the correct "key". The "key" is a variation of the technique only known to those who create it, thus disabling the probability of the seal being released by someone else; it can be a given set of handseals or even a DNA imprint (through a blood contract). However, even if most seals may work in this simple fashion, some more advanced seals work in many other ways. Even if you take into account that all seals must be triggered/fueled by chakra, they must all have a medium in which to seal away the target. Some seals are "organic" in the sense that they seal something using a living, organic medium, others are "inorganic" in the sense that they use a non-living object as a mdeium to seal.

Because seals are fueled by chakra, they become weakened through time, as the chakra that was expended to create and maintain it, becomes consumed. Because of this, when sealing something in a living being, the seal is generally made to use the chakra from the being to sustain itself, delaying the eventual weakening.

-Third Step: acertain their level of knowledge in the current field/element being taught.

*what is X element?
    *how would you define its usage? Supplementary, Defensive, Offensive, etc? And why?
    *what are its interactions with other elements? (not only weaknesses but also how to combo and how to actually take advantage of the minor interactions (example: water is strong against fire but it also produces steam that can be used as a way to surprise your enemy)

-Fourth step: correct your student and introduce the full knowledge needed.

I'll use your basis to make a set of minor changes.

Fire release or Fire style or more exactly, Katon, is a field of elemental ninjutsu used in the Narutoverse and in the RP that enables the user to, through his chakra, manipulate and create the elemet of Fire. Fire is a very powerful offensive element as it embodies destruction and transformation. Normally, most Fire techniques are closely associated with the user breath and require the user to mold their chakra in their lungs as they inhale, exaling the technique. It's a fast element although not as fast as Lightning or some Wind techniques. The main property fire possesses is temperature. This temperature is the heart of the Fire's ability to destroy. When generating fire, one superheats their chakra as he manipulates both his nature and shape, transforming its nature into Fire nature and it's usually (like stated above) released or related to the user breath although it can be released from other points of the body or in other ways. The heat property can be used in various other ways. For example, one could add fire chakra to their bladed weapons, allowing them to easily cut harder objects like metals with increased ease. One can also use heat to affect their opponent without actually burning them or requirng contact with the fire and one could even go further and use the concept of the heat stroke, (the amount of heat generated can be used in ways to increase body tempatures beyond safe points and initiate fatiuge or illness that hinders your opponent) although this would generally require medical knowledge or training. Also, waves generated by the heat can be used to alter the density and behavior of the air. There is a technique in the RP's NB Genjutsu curriculum that does just this, utilizing katon in the atmosphere to affect the way light reflects allowing for the user to create an illusion.
    Fire is weak to Water (which can't be ignited and acts as a perfect fire extinguishing element) and strong to Wind (which is nothing more than fuel for fire techniques which consume it). However, Fire can be useful when used with water to produce steam or other "vision hindering" effects or even scald the target instead of burning it. On the other hand, while being weak to wind, it can be used with wind to increase its own power, creating devastating Fire/Wind combo techniques that burn hotter and larger than normal fire and have more concussive energy than normal Wind.
    Fire can also be used with earth, mainly the fire stream related techniques and mud based techniques, which when done together can produce devastating molten rock/lava attacks.
    On a molecular level, fire moves at a rapid pace, which allows them to generate the type of heat they do. When speaking on the molecular structure, the rapid pace of this plasma element makes it a great element to work in conjunction with Lightning release. For one both are able to keep up with each other and Fire also covers for Lightning's weakness of wind. Wind>Lightning for it being a natural insulator however Fire>Wind due to the augmenting properties the wind has to feed fire with the oxygen in the air.
    Fire can laos be used to cauterize wounds, providing a quick fix for minor to moderate wounds in the misdt of battle by infusing a metal object with fire and compressing the wound with it, burning the blood vessels and stopping the bleeding.

^^
    I don't know if such a detailed intro is required. Although that would be something taught at Ninja Academy, and since we don't have that, it is clear we have to teach it somehow. I say we vamp up the descriptions you gave and create an informative thread which would act as a Ninja Academy.

Ninja: I think the info there is futile, but it did raise me some interest. I think here we could enter into more detail what each member of NB can become, closely linked with Ninja World. It's a bit of a spinoff on the Genjutsu User Type you taught us. We'd enter into some detail on what people should think about when creating Custom techniques and choosing trainings. Maybe even create sort of guiding professions so that people would be more focused on certain elements or abilities, and bring more variety to the RP (even normal things like carpenters, cooks, artists, etc, which would really affect the Ninja World).

Chakra: Fine intro. But lacks some sort of functional application. Maybe even an answer how a technique works, as in, speed of chakra. Or if chakra has to travel all the way from a person to the area the person is trying to affect, or if there exists chakra all around, we simply manipulate it around us, etc. Mainly the travel part, which would give a much better understanding of Barriers and Time Frames.

Ninjutsu: After going into Ninjutsu, introducing the chakra manipulation, one has to go to the practical applications of using chakra. Such as:

Speed Increase
    Strength Increase
    Adhesive Properties
    Repulsive Properties
    Walk on Trees
    Walk on Water
    Making projectiles go Faster
    Detonating Tags

I do give a shout out to all of these if I'm teaching a new member. Just general tips. Here's a quote from on of my trainings:

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Yes great! Now, especially as a Genin, it seems impossible to fight unless you have jutsus or even elements. That is not the case. In my Genin days, I used simple description, my fists and weapons to win battles, and I managed to bring down opponent's much higher ranked than me.

The basic premise is, people underestimate you, and you must strike fast and deadly. Play with your enemies, speak with them, engage in RP. Don't be afraid to make a RP persona. Mine is a *****, but you can easily get away with a sweet persona too xD
    Now, after you play the psychological part, you have to think about what you have, what your opponent has and how you can use the environment to your advantage.

Something as simple as throwing sand on your opponent's eyes, by kicking it, or by grabbing it and throw it. Or use rocks and water to improve your taijutsu and weapon play. Later you can improve these tactics by using elements. For example, you can pick up large debris of rocks and sharp wood branches with a water jutsu, and throw them onto your opponent, giving more tangibility to the water jutsu, or use a Wind jutsu to lift up dust and sand and cover your tracks.

Another thing you can do with chakra is use it to make yourself faster, or throw stuff at a higher distance. Basically, chakra can be used to attract or repel things. I'm sure you're familiar with the Tree Climbing method Sasuke and Naruto employed in the Manga/Anime. You charge chakra on your feet and you can attach yourself to things. If you charge too much, you can crush it. Sasuke used it grab a kunai and throw it, using only his foot.

Sakure used the opposite method, instead of attracting, she used chakra to repel. By repelling the ground on each step, she managed to get a slight boost in speed. If you repel a kunai, for example, you'd be able to get it faster and to a higher distance.

These are all things you can and should employ during battle, as they give you an egde. And most people tend to forget about it.

Questions?

I also think you should go into the Taijutsu Bracket and then Ninjutsu, then Elemental Ninjutsu and only then Gen, Fuuin, etc. In fact, Kenjutsu shouldn't really have it's own bracket, and should instead be encompassed into Tai. In a specific training for Tai or Ken, then they'd differentiate one another. There isn't a need to go into so much detail when teaching basics to a member, nor in a element training.

With that being said, your description of Tai and Ken is quite perfect. Genjutsu is good as well, without getting into much detail. I don't know much about Fuuin, but what you taught seems about the right amount to know if you're starting a training not related to it xD.

As for the Five Basic Elements and their Releases, I think it's about right. very poetic though. Though the practical applications of it would fall into the third step, where we specify each element. Good so far.

Anywho, I believe a thread should have all that theoretical info about each category, no need to place it within our training threads (teaching elements). Practical applications should enter though, specially when each category transverses into the element or subject we're teaching.

As for the text, excellent. You took Reborn's strengths and advanced it further. If one of you adds my comments, it should be as close to perfection as possible xD (too lazy to do that myself).
    One thing I particularily like is the tiny applications one can have with fire, such as cauterazing wounds. It can also be used to keep you warm. It can also be used to carve a certain substance or tissue.

Comments?

PS: Something about thermo conductivity should be also thrown in there. One of the biggest strengths of lightning is that it can attack from a range because water conduces it, but it can also be applied to Fire, which can heat a certain part of a structure (water source, metal source, etc) and conduce the heat to the other person. Practical applications: Holding a sword, touching/spewing metal structures, standing on water, standing on metal, etc. Also being encased in earth or other containment, you can heat up the case and boil the core.

Last edited by Lili-Chwan; 11-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

You'd be surprised the amount of people who don't know what chakra is or how ninjutsu is performed. These basic concepts are quite necessary to produce customs or understant the customs of others or yet how to defend or produce combos. Thus why i think its a basic knowledge that all training threads should encompass. at a certain point, it won't be needed and you'll only need to "ask" if they know it but right now, its needed to introduce that knowledge. The order was random tbh.

But basically, no one should leave a training without knowing those simple things. Even if they seem basic and simple, ask around....I bet 90% of the people you'll ask, even senseis and senpais, don't know the definition of ninjutsu or chakra. Most don't even understand that shape and nature manipulation are.

As for Chakra, I just wanted to define what it is, not what it can do in detail. And chakra is that ^^

Same as ninjutsu. Its just a set of broad, generic definitions of things we speak of in the RP and fields of expertise that people will actually come to learn in their RP lives. Its best if they can actually understand the basic "what is it?" notion of them.

Liked your introductory note lili. I think its something that should be incorporated into every training.

As for the fire notes, lets see what reborn says. And forgot about warming the user. lol

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

I guess in a sense I do agree. Though adding the bit about how chakra "travels" is something we need to discuss and standardize.
    Waiting for Reb xD

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

Problem is lili we don't know how it works. Kishi is technical in some matters and in others its like its only magic... O_o

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

*looks at you guys and realizes...not on your level *

Well, to comment on the overall frame of the introductory piece of the situation, I agree with Lili in terms of compiling all of this into a thread and having it serve as a basic fundamental Ninja Academy Thread of basic knowledge, as opposed to incorperating it in every thread. For one, as you've said Scorps many people don't exactly know what chakra and ninjutsu are and you even went as far as to say some senseis meaning we can't expect everybody to teach it the same. The initiative should lay with us to put that information out there since we can't possibly train everybody and makes sure they know this. If, however, there is some sort of sticky where it's out there for the general public, and at the very least have for some sensei and senpai as a refrance tool, it would cut the necessity of asking them to doo all of this.

With the Fire notes, those additions both of you added, could be incorperated into the final draft at the end since I was thinking, the way this would go is, the teacher would give their knowledge and then the other two would add things that they feel could be added, or discuss possible other reasons why certian things should our shouldn't be inside the element or that category, and then move onto the next step. Seeing as the two have more experience and I agree with those additions, I would say we're ready to proceed if nobody has any objections or thigns to add.

Edit: On your note, Scorps about Kishi's specifics in some areas and vaugeness in others, I believe with the RP that we too cannot hold everything in purely technical terms. Trying to place statistical or factual information to give a better sense of realism takes away the fantastical sense Roleplay in some senses. What I mean is, in fights, primarily in the Ninja World, you see people arguing trying to be as technical as humanly possible to be as right as they can be so their moves work trying to win. There is little leway and for little mistakes. Some of the things I see for people's explinations of things I don't even know and I'm in 12th Grade. The level of detail people try to put into this is way too much as we forget we have people from different age groups, many young children as well. How are we expecting them to understand such intricacies (spelling). There's little leway for little mistakes or when people try to attempt to get out of something that is seemingly inescapable as some people have those powers. It's all in the spirit of learning, mistakes and what not, but at the end of the day when somebody tries a one move pwn on you (because let's face it, in the Ninja World people have become emerced in the idea of winning at all costs) and you try to get out of it and they say no, you don't understand how to deal with it the next time around necessarily or you may find out you don't have the proper abilities to get out of it. At that point it'll bring into mind the want to get stronger and gain abilities and when some people find out you can't get certian things, it's a whole mess.

I've strayed from my main point, however there is little leway when things are so tight and nit picky.

Last edited by Reborn; 11-16-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

Well then, Reb, mind compiling everything into one whole text about Fire?

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

btw, that thread already exists in the Sensei HQ. I made it there when i was in charge of the senseis to help senseis be sure that this knowledge was passed down to each student. it has an index and everything.

I can make it more complete and put it somewhere in the RP (either training section of Rules and Info forum). But still, people won't read it or even care. Still think its the job of a sensei to be sure that this knowledge is passed down.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

I guess so

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

Katon

Method 1: Basic Projectiles
    Method 2: Fire Streams/Constant Fire
    Method 3: Alternative Releases
    Method 4: Specific Combos

Explanation

Alright, this first method fairly simple. Projectiles, just like kunai and shuriken, projectiles are weapons that leave you and travel towards your opponent. The power of the projectiles depends on the amount of force you implement in it. For example if you launch a kunai using with half your energy, it won't have as much speed and power as it would if you launched it with all your energy. That's somewhat what the concept is in paralle to rank. A D-ranked projectile technique is not as strong as a C-ranked because it doesn't have as much chakra and energy thrown into it. Now with that said we go onto to the element itself. With Fire projectiles you first:
    ~Gather a fixed amount you Katon chakra into the point of release (hands, feet, etc, etc)
    ~Condense it using shape manipulation to give it shape and focus all the chakra you gethered into the single manifestation
    ~Release it in the desired direction towards your target.
    Now in the case where you produce multiple lightning projectiles you would follow these steps
    ~Gather a fixed amount of your katon chakra into the point of release
    ~Condense it using shape manipulation to give it shape
    ~Divide the chakra equally among the projectiles you are releasing allowing you to release them in close proximities (near instantly after one another)
    ~Then release.
    The reason for this is, in the RP, when you release multiple projectiles using one jutsu, the equivalent of those individual techniques is the rank of the jutsu you release.

Example:

Projectile Fire Technique
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage: 60
    Description: User exhales a single or multiple projectiles of Fire to his enemy

With this technique it says you release multiple projectiles that could be likfe 5 projectiles. Are all those projectiles A-rank? No, the sum of their energy is A-rank. If they were all A-rank that would mean you used five techniques. So what you do is, you divide the chakra and the sum of the five projectiles launched is A-rank. What does this mean? It means you can take advantage and destroy individual projectiles more easily. Say your opponent uses this technique and you do as well. If he launches 5 projectiles and you launch one, Your 1=Their 5 collective, thus meaning your 1>their 1 or their 2, or 3 individually. You can destroy some of their projectiles and have it continue towards them. However in that case, they still have other projectiles coming towards you so it's like a double edged sword.

none the less, in each case, with projectiles you release all your chakra at once condensed into these projectiles. Nothing of the chakra you gather remains after that release.

Advantages to Method

Techniques in this category are quick releases. Just like projectiles, once they leave your hand it frees you up to attack again with more projectiles or even other types of techniques. Techniques in this category allow for you to launch several shots in succession in most cases allowing you to barrage your opponents from several different angles possibly or use them as a distraction or ploy to force them in directions that would be benificial to you. Large enough projectiles will make it difficult for your opponents to avoid. There can be issues with visability, allowing you to block your opponent's vision while you plot a sneak attack. However visibility aspect is a double edged sword in most cases. You won't necessarily be able to see them unless you have sensory abilities.

Disadvantages to Method

Though quick in release, once projectiles are released you have no control over them. It's generally the same in every case with projectile based weaponry minus attachments like wire that allow you control. However in the case of chakra based projectiles like these, after exhaling exit from the point of release there is no real control over the projectiles. The direction you've launched is where it will go and it could be very easy to avoid them with basic techniques that could move you out of the line of fire, like Earth Release Technique or the popular hurricane fist into the air. There is the problem of the rapid fire projectiles. As said previously, as you're allowed to fire multiple shots from certian techniques, yet they don't all have the power of that perticular rank, their collective power combine=the rank of the technique as a whole. What this means is, as you divide the projectiles into several shots, they considerably get weaker allowing for your opponent to exploit the weakness. Some techniques may converge at a single point (usually the target) so that they may not be able to avoid harm by just attacking individual shots, there is still that possibility. Those who try to cover a wider range with more projectiles will leave themselves at a disadvantage. The opponent can protect just their frontal or the area of where they're attacking by using weaker attacks protect against individually weaker fireballs or fire projectiles.

__________________________________________________ ______

Method 2: Fire Streams/Constant Fires

Explanation

Think of a flamethrower, you shoot out a constant flame, non-stop which generally gets wider as the flame extends more and towards the center where the flames are coming out is where the flame is the strongest. Now not all techniques in this category are like that but you get the general idea with this basic explanation. Typically there is little shape manipulation required as you're releaseing a stream of uncontroled flames. In terms of building chakra for this method it's a little different than in the previous method. With projectiles the user gathers all their chakra into one central focus point and releases the chakra all in one burst or divided in several bursts of compact fire chakra with it's own set of energy. With techniques in this method, the users builds up the required chakra and releases and than simply releases it in a steady flow outwards towards their target and they maintain that steady flow until the chakra they've built up for the technique is no longer there. This means that techniques using this method has its power spread out evenly throughout the large flame as opposed to several individualized burst of chakra that have their own capabilities.

There are other types of constant fires that don't fit within this flamethrower analogy. There are a few techniques in this method that allow for one to freely manipulate the flames in the direction that they travel. These techniques would typically possess shape manipulation properties, confining the area in which the flames hits and moving the flames around in different directions and contructing shapes. There are even cases where several constant fire streams are divided, traveling towards a single point where the flames would converge into a much larger flame.

When using basic constant streams typically the process would be
    ~Gather the amount of chakra needed for the technique
    ~channel it up to the point of release
    ~Release in a constant stream of flames until the chakra runs out

Depending on the type of stream, you may need to place in there
    ~Confine the flames to a certian width
    ~use shape manipulation to alter the shape or direction of the flame's travel

Advantages to Method

With constant flames, you have a set level of power coursing throughout your entire technique, as opposed to projectiles where you may end up releasing several projectiles with limited strength. You also have a larger range of fire with these techniques for the most part. With projectiles just covering single points, to a certian distance, constant stream based fire technique provide you with a wider area of attack.

Disadvantages to Method

The biggest disadvantage these types of techniques seem to have is the weakness of being unable to preform another technique while the one they currently use is in effect. With projectiles, you channel all the chakra for the technique into that one (or several) shot(s) of fire and once it's released, you're freed up to preform even more techniques for attack or defense, etc, etc. However, with constant flames, you're constantly fueling the chakra and feeding the technique. Without Yin Yang release to possibly control more elements at once, the user must stop the technqiue they're doing to change natures or even techniques of the same nature. This give your opponent various oppenings, attacking you with a technique that forces you to maintain that technique while they attack from different angels. If they have the free hands and you don't they can easily take advantage of that, leaving you helplesss.

Explanation

This method encompases techniques that fall within the category of Katon, yet do not actually producece Frie but rather a substance that possesses properties that can aid fire. In short, it's Fire release that doesn't possess fire. The substances that are created using technqiues within this method are generally flamable mists or thick clouds of ash that is highly combustible. However there can be techniques that does utilize fire with another medium to create an even greater source of fire, i.e lava, which allows for the technique to be considered an alternative method of release. As far as chakra goes for build up of techniques within this method, one would gather their chakra as they normally would for katon, however before release they would only superheat it enough to keep it in a level of pergatory between becoming actual fire or not and temper the technique to come out the way they want it (mist or thick clouds of ash) and then, based on how the technique is (if it's wide spread like a stream) they would release the chakra manifested into that entity. As for the alternative techniques posessing fire, one would simply release fire the way they would, combining it with the second medium to create the stronger element to get the results. For example, to create lava, one use Fire+Earth. Creaate teh fire with Katon, mix it with earth and the results will be a Katon technique that equals Lava.

Advantages To Method

A big advantage I see is that this method provides versatility to the element, allowing for shinobi to use more than one way to release fire. Generally the techniques in this method are fire augmenting techniques that allow for one to add flames with techniques from this method in order to produce a grander technique. The techniques also engange in a larger ranger relatively, haveing a wider range of attack.

Disadvantages to Method

Arguably, one could use Katon's own natural weakness to avoid techniques involving mist or clouds of ash. Though still Katon release, these entities created in techniques within this method do not actually possess fire from the beginning, thus the result in it of itself isn't infact Fire that can be augmented by wind techniques. Mist or ash clouds can be blown away or forced to stay on another path.

Method 4: Specifics/Combos

Explanation

As the titles suggest the techniques within this method all possess unique specific qualities, with the only thing they have in common with one another or any other Katon techniques is that they all have nothing in common with each other. There are also combinations/duel element techniques within this method, primarily in conjunction with Wind Techniques. The two natures being opposite, yet Wind complementing fire well through augmentation makes the two elements work perfectly toegether in conjunction with one another. That being said, to give a synopsis of the method as a whole would be to pick apart each technique within it individually.

Advantages to Method

A variety of unique techniques with differing qualities at your disposal. The rest is all technique based and would require an analysis of each technique.

Disadvantages to Method

All varies on the specific technique.

Comments?

Last edited by Reborn; 11-18-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

reading it and will reply later today. I have some notes to add.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    VMS/PMS if you can...

Katon

Method 2: Fire Streams/Constant Fire
    Method 4: Specific Combos

Explanation

Alright, this first method fairly simple and will actually be the majority of the attacking fire techniques. Projectiles, just like kunai and shuriken, projectiles are weapons that leave you and travel towards your opponent. The power of the projectiles depends on the amount of force you implement in it. For example if you launch a kunai using with half your energy, it won't have as much speed and power as it would if you launched it with all your energy. That's somewhat what the concept is in paralle to rank. A D-ranked projectile technique is not as strong as a C-ranked because it doesn't have as much chakra and energy thrown into it. Now with that said we go onto to the element itself. With Fire projectiles you first:
    ~Gather a fixed amount your chakra into the point of release (generally the base of the lungs and exhaled, these fire techniques can be released and used through other points like hands, feet, etc, etc)
    ~Condense it while manipulating it both in nature and shape, according to the desired effect
    ~Release it in the desired direction towards your target through the point of release

Now in the case where you produce multiple lightning projectiles you would follow these steps
    ~Gather a fixed amount of your chakra into the point of release
    ~Condense it using shape and nature manipulation
    ~Divide the chakra equally among the projectiles you are releasing allowing you to release them in close proximities (near instantly after one another)
    ~Then release.

The reason for this is, in the RP, when you release multiple projectiles using one jutsu, the equivalent of those individual techniques is the rank of the jutsu you release.

Example:

Projectile Fire Technique
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage: 60
    Description: User exhales a single or multiple projectiles of Fire to his enemy

With this example technique it says you release multiple projectiles that could be anything from one to 10 projectiles. Are all those projectiles A-rank? No, the sum of their energy is A-rank. Lets assume you produce 5 projectiles. If they were all A-rank that would mean you used five techniques. So what you do is, you divide the chakra and the sum of the five projectiles launched is A-rank. What does this mean? It means you can take advantage and destroy individual projectiles more easily. Say your opponent uses this technique and you do as well. If he launches 5 projectiles and you launch one, Your 1=Their 5 collective, thus meaning your 1>their 1 or their 2, or 3 individually. You can destroy some of their projectiles and have it continue towards them. However in that case, they still have other projectiles coming towards you so it's like a double edged sword.

One thing one needs to take into consideration is the following:
    S-Rank = 2 A-Rank Projectiles = 4 B-Rank Projectiles = 8 C-Rank Projectiles = 16 D-Rank Projectiles

Each rank is double the power of the preceeding rank, so dividing the number of projectiles makes them follow the same principle.

None the less, in each case, with projectiles you release all your chakra at once condensed into these projectiles.

Advantages to Method

Techniques in this category are quick releases, designed to attack in short to long range scenarios against big single targets, with normal movement speed. Just like projectiles, once they leave your hand it frees you up to attack again with more projectiles or even other types of techniques. Techniques in this category allow for you to launch several shots in succession in most cases allowing you to barrage your opponents from several different angles possibly or use them as a distraction or ploy to force them in directions that would be benificial to you. Large enough projectiles will make it difficult for your opponents to avoid, but not impossible. There can be issues with visability, allowing you to block your opponent's vision while you plot a sneak attack. However visibility aspect is a double edged sword in most cases. You won't necessarily be able to see them unless you have sensory abilities. These techniques are better used in closer distances to disable both the ability to dodge and counter but also to make full use of the speed of these projectiles. The closer you are, the less time they have to hit the opponent.

Disadvantages to Method

Though quick in release, once projectiles are released you have no control over them. It's generally the same in every case with projectile based weaponry minus attachments like wire that allow you control. However in the case of chakra based projectiles like these, after exhaling exit from the point of release there is no real control over the projectiles. The direction you've launched is where it will go and it could be very easy to avoid them with basic techniques that could move you out of the line of fire, like Earth Release Technique or the popular hurricane fist into the air. There is the problem of the rapid fire projectiles. As said previously, as you're allowed to fire multiple shots from certain techniques, yet they don't all have the power of that particular rank, their collective power combined = the rank of the technique as a whole. What this means is, as you divide the projectiles into several shots, they considerably get weaker allowing for your opponent to exploit the weakness. Some techniques may converge at a single point (usually the target) so that they may not be able to avoid harm by just attacking individual shots, there is still that possibility. Those who try to cover a wider range with more projectiles will leave themselves at a disadvantage. The opponent can protect just their frontal or the area of where they're attacking by using weaker attacks protect against individually weaker fireballs or fire projectiles. Another big disadvantage os this method is that these techniques aren't ver prone to combos with other techniques, specially those of other elements. The projectiles are generally so compressed and dense that they explode on contact, preventing them from melting or heating earth that could be used in a combo with them. The sheer concept of a projectile makes it less prone to be comboed with wind or lightning as the projectiles would require insane precision to be comboed with a wind or lightning technique. Projectiles aren't also very usable with water for the same reason as earth as the projectiles would simply "rupture" and not deliver its effect due to the small time in contact with the combo technique. The main disadvantages are that projectiles are fast yes, but less versatile in combat and for the most part, easy to defend.

Added my own notes and minor tweaks.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Method 2: Fire Streams/Constant Fires

Explanation

Think of a flamethrower, you shoot out a constant flame, non-stop which generally gets wider as the flame extends more and towards the center where the flames are coming out is where the flame is the strongest. Now not all techniques in this category are like that but you get the general idea with this basic explanation. Typically there is little shape manipulation required as you're releaseing a stream of uncontroled flames. In terms of building chakra for this method it's a little different than in the previous method. With projectiles the user gathers all their chakra into one central focus point and releases the chakra all in one burst or divided in several bursts of compact fire chakra with it's own set of energy. With techniques in this method, the users builds up the required chakra and releases and than simply releases it in a steady flow outwards towards their target and they maintain that steady flow until the chakra they've built up for the technique is no longer there. This means that techniques using this method has its power spread out evenly throughout the large flame as opposed to several individualized burst of chakra that have their own capabilities.

There are other types of constant fires that don't fit within this flamethrower analogy. There are a few techniques in this method that allow for one to freely manipulate the flames in the direction that they travel. These techniques would typically possess shape manipulation properties, confining the area in which the flames hits and moving the flames around in different directions and contructing shapes. There are even cases where several constant fire streams are divided, traveling towards a single point where the flames would converge into a much larger flame.

When using basic constant streams typically the process would be
    ~Gather the amount of chakra needed for the technique
    ~channel it up to the point of release
    ~Release in a constant stream of flames until the chakra runs out

Depending on the type of stream, you may need to place in there
    ~Confine the flames to a certian width
    ~use shape manipulation to alter the shape or direction of the flame's travel

Advantages to Method

With constant flames, you have a set level of power coursing throughout your entire technique, as opposed to projectiles where you may end up releasing several projectiles with limited strength. You also have a larger range of fire with these techniques for the most part. With projectiles just covering single points, to a certian distance, constant stream based fire technique provide you with a wider area of attack.

Disadvantages to Method

The biggest disadvantage these types of techniques seem to have is the weakness of being unable to preform another technique while the one they currently use is in effect. With projectiles, you channel all the chakra for the technique into that one (or several) shot(s) of fire and once it's released, you're freed up to preform even more techniques for attack or defense, etc, etc. However, with constant flames, you're constantly fueling the chakra and feeding the technique. Without Yin Yang release to possibly control more elements at once, the user must stop the technqiue they're doing to change natures or even techniques of the same nature. This give your opponent various oppenings, attacking you with a technique that forces you to maintain that technique while they attack from different angels. If they have the free hands and you don't they can easily take advantage of that, leaving you helplesss.

Explanation

This method encompases techniques that fall within the category of Katon, yet do not actually producece Frie but rather a substance that possesses properties that can aid fire. In short, it's Fire release that doesn't possess fire. The substances that are created using technqiues within this method are generally flamable mists or thick clouds of ash that is highly combustible. However there can be techniques that does utilize fire with another medium to create an even greater source of fire, i.e lava, which allows for the technique to be considered an alternative method of release. As far as chakra goes for build up of techniques within this method, one would gather their chakra as they normally would for katon, however before release they would only superheat it enough to keep it in a level of pergatory between becoming actual fire or not and temper the technique to come out the way they want it (mist or thick clouds of ash) and then, based on how the technique is (if it's wide spread like a stream) they would release the chakra manifested into that entity. As for the alternative techniques posessing fire, one would simply release fire the way they would, combining it with the second medium to create the stronger element to get the results. For example, to create lava, one use Fire+Earth. Creaate teh fire with Katon, mix it with earth and the results will be a Katon technique that equals Lava.

Advantages To Method

A big advantage I see is that this method provides versatility to the element, allowing for shinobi to use more than one way to release fire. Generally the techniques in this method are fire augmenting techniques that allow for one to add flames with techniques from this method in order to produce a grander technique. The techniques also engange in a larger ranger relatively, haveing a wider range of attack.

Disadvantages to Method

Arguably, one could use Katon's own natural weakness to avoid techniques involving mist or clouds of ash. Though still Katon release, these entities created in techniques within this method do not actually possess fire from the beginning, thus the result in it of itself isn't infact Fire that can be augmented by wind techniques. Mist or ash clouds can be blown away or forced to stay on another path.

Method 4: Specifics/Combos

Explanation

As the titles suggest the techniques within this method all possess unique specific qualities, with the only thing they have in common with one another or any other Katon techniques is that they all have nothing in common with each other. There are also combinations/duel element techniques within this method, primarily in conjunction with Wind Techniques. The two natures being opposite, yet Wind complementing fire well through augmentation makes the two elements work perfectly toegether in conjunction with one another. That being said, to give a synopsis of the method as a whole would be to pick apart each technique within it individually.

Advantages to Method

A variety of unique techniques with differing qualities at your disposal. The rest is all technique based and would require an analysis of each technique.

Disadvantages to Method

All varies on the specific technique.

Still editting.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

I'm not gonna lie. After you posted ALL the methods, I was all like, dafuq, f!ck this sh!t, tl;dr, ain't nobody got time for that! So I was waiting on Scorps to comment and then I'd just add a little something here and there xD
    But I just had this great idea. Fun tests!! Something of a puzzle to test each method like, imagine you want to eat a banana from a tree, but you can't reach there, using water, what would you do? etc. A bit like the essay I made you guys do about being on an island with cannibals and having to use your element to survive.

Some would be easy, like, for instants how could you knock someone from a distance. easy: Method 1 blasts, from example. But a bit more complicated, how could you hit something from behind a wall, if you had your legs tied up, and were only able to make small hand motions like handseals? A little bit more tricky, suggestion: Use a Method 2 Stream to rise you over the wall by pressuring it against the floor, and then a Method 1 Blast to hit the object.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lili-Chwan; 11-25-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

I'm conducting a final test at the end of each training which involves an essay like the one you gave, however not with the hypothetical scenario.

Though I have a question about this test of yours to make it fun. Wouldn't we have to teach them the methods and the jutsu either way before we allow them to to the essay? Especially for new people who don't who havn't had much training experience? Wouldn't we be doing the same thing, training them and then giving them a test at the end to test their profficiency either way?

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I'm conducting a final test at the end of each training which involves an essay like the one you gave, however not with the hypothetical scenario.

Though I have a question about this test of yours to make it fun. Wouldn't we have to teach them the methods and the jutsu either way before we allow them to to the essay? Especially for new people who don't who havn't had much training experience? Wouldn't we be doing the same thing, training them and then giving them a test at the end to test their profficiency either way?
    Hum yeah, it's just a way to have them think outside of the box, in a way. We'd teach them, for example, method 1, and then we'd give them little challenges that could be defeated with method 1. It's just another way of testing someone, I guess.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belongs to my Shishou

That sounds like a pretty solid idea, I'll try that with my wind student after we get to our first method and see how it molds out for me.

I don't know if there's anything you have to add to fire or not right now, I know Scorps is still putting his additions to the element. If you don't have anything else to add would you like to proceed on to the next element which is wind? I feel that you could implement your idea that way when you teach it too us that way we could get some idea of essay questions to ask.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    lame lamer!

Nah, lets finish Fire first.

And we still need to think about Fire in combination with other elements (advanced elements)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»