Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Nov 2012
    You must suffer me to go my
    own dark way.

Re: Neji vs Sauke begining of shippuden.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelerate View Post
    Actually Sasuke stomps. I don't know why early Shippuden Sasuke is so underrated. He single handedly beat Yamato who is on Kakashi's level, this was said by Kakashi himself, without the CS. With the CS, he is low kage level while Neji is high jounin IMO. Also Yamato would beat Neji so there is my answer. All Sasuke needs to do is paralyse Neji with chidori (or variants) or genjutsu and then slice his head off.

In other words, early Shippuden Sasuke>Yamato=Kakashi>Neji.
    This.

Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash

Sasuke wins. Sharingan will foresee all of Neji movements, Genjutsu puts him down and Chidori kills him.

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

I don't know why people think Neji is vulnerable to genjutsu at all, isn't the Byakugan stated to pierce them at least as wrll as the Sharingan, though it can't cast them? In any case Neji can easily fight with his eyes closed, rendering it ENTIRELY moot. Neji has so many ways to evade eye-contact it's hilarious. He can fight Sasuke with his head turned 90 degrees to the side, or even facing backwards as long as the Uchiha isn't exactly in his blind spot. He can fight with his head surrounded by ROCK (LEE?) for HALF A METRE IN EVERY DIRECTION. I'd like to see Sasuke genjutsu THAT!

Last edited by Piratefish; 11-16-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    I don't know why people think Neji is vulnerable to genjutsu at all, isn't the Byakugan stated to pierce them at least as wrll as the Sharingan, though it can't cast them? In any case Neji can easily fight with his eyes closed, rendering it ENTIRELY moot. Neji has so many ways to evade eye-contact it's hilarious. He can fight Sasuke with his head turned 90 degrees to the side, or even facing backwards as long as the Uchiha isn't exactly in his blind spot. He can fight with his head surrounded by ROCK for HALF A METRE IN EVERY DIRECTION. I'd like to see Sasuke genjutsu THAT!
    Though the byakugan isnt noted to be able to break any visual genjutsu like its counterpart the sharingan, it can determine whether the user or someone else is in a genjutsu. Also, they first it must be caught in a genjutsu in order to do this, which would be impossible if they closed their eyes and relied solely on their byakugan vision.

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

Also, the Curse Seal. It grants increased strength, speed, chakra potency and the ability to grow freaky hand-wing things. Also grows out your hair (which Neji doesn't need, any more would just be a hassle *cue L'Oréal hair toss*) and gives you what looks like a natural coating of lipstick (Neji might've liked that function).

What does training under Gai grant again? Well, growing wings seems unlikely. Chakra potency is countered by things stated in my earlier post, especially if tenketsu-closing carries over to CS mode. Neji has also fought it before, so it might not be quite as game changing as people seem to think.

EDIT: Wasn't the Byakugan what discovered Danzo's use of Kotoamatsukami, the supposed "ultimate" genjutsu? Not even a trueborn Hyuuga at that...

Last edited by Piratefish; 11-16-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    Also, the Curse Seal. It grants increased strength, speed, chakra potency and the ability to grow freaky hand-wing things. Also grows out your hair (which Neji doesn't need, any more would just be a hassle *cue L'Oréal hair toss*) and gives you what looks like a natural coating of lipstick (Neji might've liked that function).

What does training under Gai grant again? Well, growing wings seems unlikely. Chakra potency is countered by things stated in my earlier post, especially if tenketsu-closing carries over to CS mode. Neji has also fought it before, so it might not be quite as game changing as people seem to think.

EDIT: Wasn't the Byakugan what discovered Danzo's use of Kotoamatsukami, the supposed "ultimate" genjutsu? Not even a trueborn Hyuuga at that...
    yes, but byakugan also didn't even notice that tobi had the same eye as kakashi.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShuriken View Post
    yes, but byakugan also didn't even notice that tobi had the same eye as kakashi.
    Maybe it's because that half of his body is completely made of senju cells. Plus Neji and Hinata haven't seen kakashis eye when he used the ms either. When he isn't using it, the chakra signature was probably different than when he does use it.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12