Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Uchiha's arrogance in Sharingan and inherent skill..by choice; or by nature?

Uchiha Madara, Uchiha Obito and Uchiha Sasuke are self explanatory.

But even Itachi, who was the epitome of unselfishness and self sacrifice; was no stranger to this trait. Even though he possessed true kindness and knew insufferable pain and agony, he did not hesitate to educate others in his idea of reality and things that truly matter and things that are only materialistic. Examples of his arrogance can also be seen in both the times he defeated Orochimaru. "Orochimaru you are weaker than me, nothing you ever do; will work on these eyes". The second time...Itachi completely ignores the snake's babble; and addresses Orochimaru as if he were vermin of the lowest order. "Finally it comes out", shortly before sealing him away forever(or so we thought), and asking Sasuke what he will do next; as if Orochimaru was just another form of Sasuke's arsenal.

Itachi's only acknowledgement of Naruto was the result of the undying bond and hope Naruto felt for his little brother, no matter how unrealistic it seemed to him.

Does arrogance rule the lives of all Uchiha just as the Curse and Power do? Is it their own choice; or an inescapable aspect of their nature?

Last edited by iSpeak the Truth; 11-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Uchiha's arrogance in Sharingan and inherent skill..by choice; or by nature?

even itachi isnt perfect

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what's for dinner!

Re: Uchiha's arrogance in Sharingan and inherent skill..by choice; or by nature?

Everyone has there own choice. It's a little bit of both. Sasuke grew from his hatred and that made him stronger. But! It's the Ninja world of hate that made Sasuke to what he is. So it's a little bit of both.

Status
    Currently in Ancrath with Amaimon shishou
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 3 rules of flow - Go with
    the flow - Merge with the flow
    - Disrupt the flow -

thats wat happens.... u take the traits of those u are around with .... in sasuke's case he is just very prideful of the uchiha clan .....

itachi probally got it frmo his father and his father probs got it from his grandfather and so on ....

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Im sure there were some uchiha that were nice enough... until itachi killed them all lol. wasnt sasuke's mom pretty nice.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi was not prefect. But he had his best interest and only cared for his brother.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

I think it's mostly choice but the uchiha do have the curse of hatred so yh

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ,,I don't like to wait or make
    people wait''

Well how would you respond to someone who attacks you and wants to take your brothers body?!

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!

What itachi said was just him being a boss :scorps:

Did you expect him to react like this to orochimaru:

Come on now, this is Itachi

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

It's that very arrogance that caused the destrction of the Uchiha. Let's not forget that the entire clan plotted to overthrow Kanoha's leaders in a coup and Itachi was sent to end that. Even the term "Blessed Eyes" is a term of arrogance. The Hyuuga clan have special eyes as well, though not as powerful as the Sharingan, they dont go around calling them "Blessed Eyes" but yeah there you have it.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    Er, how was Itachi arrogant towards Orochimaru? He trolled him twice - everything he said was completely true :/
    What you just said is arrogance, lol. Nothing you can do to me as long as I have these eyes....You don't need to beat Itachi directly to win. Orochimaru poisoned his little brother by fostering his hatred toward him...Itachi is now dead and gone and orochimaru has returned. i think Orochimaru wins.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Minato/Itachi > Orochimaru > Kakashi

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fate of destruction is the
    joy of rebirth

Well with great power comes great arrogance and cockiness, just ask Naruto.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan221 View Post
    Well how would you respond to someone who attacks you and wants to take your brothers body?!
    At that time Itachi didn't knew he was after his brother's body.
    Actually neither did Orochimaru.

He tried first to take Itachi's body.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hinata and Karin will become
    new so6p's! XD

Quote Originally Posted by theRPGdude View Post
    Everyone has there own choice. It's a little bit of both. Sasuke grew from his hatred and that made him stronger. But! It's the Ninja world of hate that made Sasuke to what he is. So it's a little bit of both.
    Agreed

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    What itachi said was just him being a boss :scorps:

Did you expect him to react like this to orochimaru:

Come on now, this is Itachi
    This.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ,,I don't like to wait or make
    people wait''

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    At that time Itachi didn't knew he was after his brother's body.
    Actually neither did Orochimaru.

He tried first to take Itachi's body.
    I meant for both times.

|̲̅̅●̲(ℭℌґїs ℬґøẘη)●̲̅̅| Confucius's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real knowledge is to know the
    extent of one's ignorance ~
    Confucius

I assume, Kakashi even inherit such, but by choice. He is not full blood Uchiha. However, witnessing the powers and achievements Itachi have demonstrated, in the Uchiha name - in his past, present, or future - led him to believe the Uchiha Superior, in my opinion. As to it was the Uchiha choice, is saying having a baby was choice.

We have grown and live our lives around people who influence our thoughts and sometime and actions. Therefore, it was an inescapable aspect of their nature from generation before them, down to their ancestor. The famous phrase, qoute, "everything is useless before these eyes" shows how cocky one can be. The Uchiha glorified and relayed on their eyes and less on their true and own skills. Proof was when Izanagi became forbidden during war clashes with Senju. However, can't really say. It is a "tool" after all, comparison to a shuriken or kunia knife.

I was talkng, so I probably don't make sense.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always keep it 100

Sad thing is, the only way Kishi could kill Itachi off was by giving him some bullshit ilness. LOL.

But anyway, I wouldn't say he's arrogant. Him and Orochimaru aren't exactly friends you know...

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post

But even Itachi, who was the epitome of unselfishness and self sacrifice; was no stranger to this trait. Even though he possessed true kindness and knew insufferable pain and agony, he did not hesitate to educate others in his idea of reality and things that truly matter and things that are only materialistic. Examples of his arrogance can also be seen in both the times he defeated Orochimaru. "Orochimaru you are weaker than me, nothing you ever do; will work on these eyes". The second time...Itachi completely ignores the snake's babble; and addresses Orochimaru as if he were vermin of the lowest order. "Finally it comes out", shortly before sealing him away forever(or so we thought), and asking Sasuke what he will do next; as if Orochimaru was just another form of Sasuke's arsenal.

Itachi's only acknowledgement of Naruto was the result of the undying bond and hope Naruto felt for his little brother, no matter how unrealistic it seemed to him.

Does arrogance rule the lives of all Uchiha just as the Curse and Power do? Is it their own choice; or an inescapable aspect of their nature?
    Are you mad because the things that he saw as ''reality'' really WERE the reality? And how was everything he said related to only materialistic? He was the one who educated others NOT to be arrogant. He praised other people when he saw that they were pretty strong how is that arrogant?

And why would Itachi pay attention to someone that IS below his level. Itachi said the truth when he said: ''Nothing will work on these eyes''. How is telling the truth related to being arrogant?

Itachi is not arrogant.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Narukarin16 View Post
    Well with great power comes great arrogance and cockiness, just ask Naruto.
    O_o

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi and Kabuto. You see how in the past Itachi was like Kabuto. So we can see the arrogance in place. Wish I can explain more but I don't remember that scene to well.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichiro Fujimoto View Post
    I assume, Kakashi even inherit such, but by choice. He is not full blood Uchiha. However, witnessing the powers and achievements Itachi have demonstrated, in the Uchiha name - in his past, present, or future - led him to believe the Uchiha Superior, in my opinion. As to it was the Uchiha choice, is saying having a baby was choice.

We have grown and live our lives around people who influence our thoughts and sometime and actions. Therefore, it was an inescapable aspect of their nature from generation before them, down to their ancestor. The famous phrase, qoute, "everything is useless before these eyes" shows how cocky one can be. The Uchiha glorified and relayed on their eyes and less on their true and own skills. Proof was when Izanagi became forbidden during war clashes with Senju. However, can't really say. It is a "tool" after all, comparison to a shuriken or kunia knife.

I was talkng, so I probably don't make sense.
    Oh no! That was awesome and true, every word.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post

Nature; from the given information, the Uchiha were a battle portentous family in the times before the creation of the Leaf. Everything after is just the regurgitating this fact.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ixc View Post
    Are you mad because the things that he saw as ''reality'' really WERE the reality? And how was everything he said related to only materialistic? He was the one who educated others NOT to be arrogant. He praised other people when he saw that they were pretty strong how is that arrogant?

And why would Itachi pay attention to someone that IS below his level. Itachi said the truth when he said: ''Nothing will work on these eyes''. How is telling the truth related to being arrogant?

Itachi is not arrogant.
    No, not what he said! He believed that things that truly mattered to others were materialistic and unimportant and they were missing the big picture. I agreed with him at the time, fully; but that doesn't mean his arrogance wasn't shining through also. "my vessel is dismayed at this foolish clan".*shuriken in the wall

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»