Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Re: Uchiha Obito was never a liar! He hates them; how could he be one himself?

Sorry man but Obito is the biggest lying in this series, that's his character and how he achieves what he wants.

He told Nagato that he awakened the rinnegan because he is the "Chosen one" to bring peace - That was to sweeten up Nagato
    He told sasuke the nine tails attack was just a "natural disaster" - That was to keep sasuke on his side because he knows it was actually him

But I know that's part of his character and I love it he's so deceptive. Ahh Obito

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NaruGoku View Post
    well, it is arguable, but i understand ur point. Obito, by his very nature, is probably not a liar. His deception of others was a battle strategy, and besides that he wasnt lying completely--he may not have been Madara, but he was certainly Madara's proxy. he paraded around as Madara in order to be able to fulfill his and Madara's ambition and it was--as you stated--under orders. Comparatively, i know a man who used to be a sniper in the army. he killed many men as a sniper, but one could hardly say he's a murderer.

On the other hand, he's lost all he ever cared for and he is now a freaking madman and i don't think he has anything against lying. He's pretty much a psycho now with no care for anything. So, even if your view is that Obito "didn't" lie, that doesn't mean he "wouldn't" lie or that he has anything against it...
    This guy gets it ^ Pay heed people

In response, when has Obito ever lied as Uchiha Obito?

As Uchiha Madara, everything he said....was the truth. That is fact.

Last edited by iSpeak the Truth; 11-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

I like this. Personality studies, when well-made, are always interesting, so good job and many interesting points raised.

I particularly liked the "He was Uchiha Madara" bit, and it makes a lot of sense. I believe Madara may have been behind Obito's decision to take his name (and reputation) to smooth everything over. I can see him waiting to die until he'd passed on his legacy to someone: "Obito. Take my name, my fan, my armor. Take everything I was and build a better world with it."

But yeah, lies broke Obito. At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

He certainly seems fairly free in the morality of lying after Rin's death.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    I like this. Personality studies, when well-made, are always interesting, so good job and many interesting points raised.

I particularly liked the "He was Uchiha Madara" bit, and it makes a lot of sense. I believe Madara may have been behind Obito's decision to take his name (and reputation) to smooth everything over. I can see him waiting to die until he'd passed on his legacy to someone: "Obito. Take my name, my fan, my armor. Take everything I was and build a better world with it."

But yeah, lies broke Obito. At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

At one point in his life a lie made him reconsider everything in his world-view.

He certainly seems fairly free in the morality of lying after Rin's death.
    You raise great points of your own! It is a bit sad that only a few intellectuals can truly understand my views. Thank you!

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    You raise great points of your own! It is a bit sad that only a few intellectuals can truly understand my views. Thank you!
    Thanks to you too. Keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 2 « First 12