View Poll Results: Who was the best lightning release (raiton) user?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kakashi

49 17.95%
  • Sasuke

94 34.43%
  • 2nd Raikage

12 4.40%
  • 3rd Raikage

125 45.79%
  • 4th Raikage

30 10.99%
  • Ameyuri Ringo

18 6.59%
  • Darui

36 13.19%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 15 « First ... 789101112131415 Last»
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still Kneeling:O

Re: Who was the best lightning release (raiton) user?

Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    I thought it was obvious that Sasuke is the greatest raiton user in terms of mastery. And meanwhile a bunch of clueless morons argue amongst themselves about things non-sequitur and that has nothing to do with the thread.

This isn't about two raiton users battling with their respective raitons. That automatically rules out everyone on the list despite their lightning release prowess (i.e. Kakashi is stronger than Darui, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the superior raiton user. This thread is more or less about who has the most proficiency of the art).

This isn't about any other jutsu or style. This isn't Rasenshuriken vs. Kirin. This is simply about who is the most adept user of the lightning style and art.

I go with Sasuke. Then the 3rd Raikage. Why? Simply because Kirin is the highest level raiton in the series as it's raw lightning. Sasuke is the only person in the manga shown with the ability to tame sheer lightning. No one else but him can do this. While the 3rd's signature raiton technique is something extremely similar to the Chidori in terms of mechanics and style.

Based on feats, here is a canon list of the best lightning release users from greatest to least (descending order):

1. Sasuke
    2. 3rd Raikage
    3. 4th Raikage/A
    4. Darui
    5. Kakashi
    6. 2nd Raikage - We've seen nearly nothing from this guy
    7. Ameyuri Ringo - Ruled out due to non-canonical likeness. Anime does not qualify. Otherwise Raiga of the Seven Swordsman of the Mist and others would be on this list.

These are the most honed lightning release (raiton) users that were listed. Again, from greatest to least.
    Of course its Sasuke, but the guy who created the thread changed it to who would win a ration only fight

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrothers View Post
    im not assuming that. In the manga it states that the third raikage had an eight tales subduing team

Yes now imagine how much more damage kirin will do to the raikage.
    That's not what I was saying you were assuming ._.

When he's not being affected by plot? And when he's full of chakra? If Kakashi could cut a bolt of lightning (this was natural lightning from the sky, too) with a chidori when he was out of chakra, do you think the Third Raikage who is full of chakra can't do it with his Hell Stab?

What CM Naruto's Rasenshuriken did:

Naruto states that his Rasenshuriken, arguably one of the most powerful futon jutsu ever, failed to harm the Third Raikage:

Do you honestly think it was anything OTHER than plot that gave the Third Raikage that scar?

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

Of course its Sasuke, but the guy who created the thread changed it to who would win a ration only fight
    I thought I convinced you that Kirin was only as powerful as a regular lightning bolt with SCIENCE?

Have you turned your back on SCIENCE?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    That's not what I was saying you were assuming ._.

When he's not being affected by plot? And when he's full of chakra? If Kakashi could cut a bolt of lightning (this was natural lightning from the sky, too) with a chidori when he was out of chakra, do you think the Third Raikage who is full of chakra can't do it with his Hell Stab?

What CM Naruto's Rasenshuriken did:

Naruto states that his Rasenshuriken, arguably one of the most powerful futon jutsu ever, failed to harm the Third Raikage:

Do you honestly think it was anything OTHER than plot that gave the Third Raikage that scar?
    kirin is much bigger than a regular than a regular lightning bolt.

Hey, i dont write the manga, i mean i will agree that rashenshuriken shouldve killed him considering what Dodai said but i guess kishi wanted to make the fight longer.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    I thought I convinced you that Kirin was only as powerful as a regular lightning bolt with SCIENCE?

Have you turned your back on SCIENCE?
    lol i was scared you would come back and yell at me:D

But doesnt Naruto dis law the law of physics? Also maybe kirin is a lot of lightning bolts combined into one?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

kirin is much bigger than a regular than a regular lightning bolt.

Hey, i dont write the manga, i mean i will agree that rashenshuriken shouldve killed him considering what Dodai said but i guess kishi wanted to make the fight longer.
    And? Didn't I just say Kakashi was out of chakra? Did I mention that this was a wide-area attack used by Iwa ninja; it wasn't just a regular lightning bolt? Do you think the Sandaime Raikage who is full of chakra can't do more than that with his Hell Stab at full chakra?

No, he did not survive because of plot. The Sandaime Raikage had no real significance to the plot; the fact that he survived was to back up the statements that he was the greatest Raikage ever.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

And? Didn't I just say Kakashi was out of chakra? Did I mention that this was a wide-area attack used by Iwa ninja; it wasn't just a regular lightning bolt? Do you think the Sandaime Raikage who is full of chakra can't do more than that with his Hell Stab at full chakra?

No, he did not survive because of plot. The Sandaime Raikage had no real significance to the plot; the fact that he survived was to back up the statements that he was the greatest Raikage ever.
    I thought kakashi cut a lightning bolt directly from the sky?

Didnt i kinda agree with you on that one?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

I thought kakashi cut a lightning bolt directly from the sky?

Didnt i kinda agree with you on that one?
    Nah, Naruto Shippuden Episode 288 elaborates on what happened. And you can say "it doesn't count", but you can only say that if you can find something to disprove it (which is impossible) so it does count.

I needed to make sure that you weren't just "kinda" agreeing with me.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

oh wow i never saw that episode, well i guess you got me beat at that but raikage be fast enough to cut it?

lol i agreed

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

oh wow i never saw that episode, well i guess you got me beat at that but raikage be fast enough to cut it?

lol i agreed
    Lightning can travel at 60,000 miles per second (the visible lightning that we see, that travels from the ground upwards), and Kakashi (14 year old who was out of chakra) cut through that with his chidori. This makes this lightning faster than Sasuke's kirin, which you said was 1/1000th of a second. Naruto stated that the Sandaime Raikage was comparable in speed to the Yondaime Raikage, his son. Now I'm sure that's much faster than Kakashi at 14 years old was.

:D

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightning can travel at 60,000 miles per second (the visible lightning that we see, that travels from the ground upwards), and Kakashi (14 year old who was out of chakra) cut through that with his chidori. This makes this lightning faster than Sasuke's kirin, which you said was 1/1000th of a second. Naruto stated that the Sandaime Raikage was comparable in speed to the Yondaime Raikage, his son. Now I'm sure that's much faster than Kakashi at 14 years old was.

:D
    ahhh, i guess you have me beat your lucky that episode came up:D

well i thought this was good debate at least

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

ahhh, i guess you have me beat your lucky that episode came up:D

well i thought this was good debate at least
    I really am.

I agree, but it's not necessarily done yet. I mean, there are 4,000 views on this and I posted this thread only on yesterday afternoon. I put up another thread: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=277599

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

I really am.

I agree, but it's not necessarily done yet. I mean, there are 4,000 views on this and I posted this thread only on yesterday afternoon. I put up another thread: http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=277599
    yea this got a lot of views. But i meant the the debate between us 3 hehe. And im about to read your next thread

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

yea this got a lot of views. But i meant the the debate between us 3 hehe. And im about to read your next thread
    For no reason, too. I'd have to admit, it was great at first, but we kept repeating ourselves for a while.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

lol yea true we were:D my bad

Conquer All Of Your Sin's enditallsin's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the text fly,Who the next
    to die?

The 3rd raikage and his boy (A) since that damn raiton armor is pretty much a answer to any problem even genjutsu.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

lol i was scared you would come back and yell at me:D

But doesnt Naruto dis law the law of physics? Also maybe kirin is a lot of lightning bolts combined into one?
    In general, the Narutoverse could care less about the laws of physics, true. However, I DID prove that the feats accomplished by Kirin are easily accomplished by a regular lightning bolt, if a very peculiar one.

And as the Hachibi is stronger than any natural bolt of lightning, and the Third is roughly equal to the Hachibi, it follows that the Thirds raiton is stronger than Sasuke's. Not even mentioning Kakashi.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doom, Gloom, and Dis-Pear.

^ The difference between Kirin and a regular lightening bolt is a vast one, as Sasuke brings it down through control. He brought down multiple bolts at the same time shaped in form of a dragon that obliterated the whole damn area. A single lightening bolt can never accomplish that.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sasuke.

He invented the most powerful lightning jutsu in this manga in kirin and is the most diverse when it comes to the element of lightning.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

Quote Originally Posted by shelke View Post
    ^ The difference between Kirin and a regular lightening bolt is a vast one, as Sasuke brings it down through control. He brought down multiple bolts at the same time shaped in form of a dragon that obliterated the whole damn area. A single lightening bolt can never accomplish that.
    A lightning bolt NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD has been directed in the way Kirin was, and if it did it could accomplish what Kirin did without any trouble. An actual lightning bolt HAS NEVER properly HIT any target, save, say, if a plane somehow got caught in the middle of one in mid-air. Lightning barely strafes targets with its outer edge, and yet it's still enough to cause young children nightmares and is one of the most impressive examples of the forces of nature in action.

Kirin is, in effect, a spread-out single lightning bolt that's under Sasuke's control. While that is a SCARY thought, it's still just A lightning bolt under Sasuke's control, and when it comes to concentrated destruction Hell Stab or even Raikiri are easily provable to be stronger.

Look at my earlier posts in this thread for the mechanics of it.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kakashi's the most diverse with it, inventing and improving chidori, as well as creating other useful moves like lightning clone and lightning chain. Running beast is a lethal attack that moves very fast and can be guided. His lightning was able to cleanly sever the tails off a bunch of v2 jinchuriki. A kunai infused with raikiri was able to fly straight thru several boulders without altering it's trajectory. To show how extremely thick those things are, Orochimaru's kusanagi couldn't even leave a scratch in v2 Naruto. Learning that bit about cutting the lightning bolt with raikiri was true puts him at the top of the list.

3rd Raikage is probably the hardest hitter with it, having an older and probably stronger version of chidori. It was even able to blow a hole in himself, whereas rasenshuriken didn't even leave a dent. Also, he has the incredibly fast and deadly black lightning attack, able to kill many enemies in an instant. However, he was never seen using the move himself.

Ameyuri Ringo: Holy Crap! After seeing the past three swordsmen fall so easily, I was expecting her to be a joke, especially knowing how bad this series is at making women far weaker than their male counterparts. While not very diverse, she is absolutely devastating. She shoots small but accurate thunderbolts from her swords, that have a surprisingly high kill rating and apparently don't use much chakra. What really puts her so high on the list though is her strongest attack. She plants both swords in the ground, and massive lightning bolts strike the area doing collosal damage to a wide area. Unlike kirin however, they don't require much of any prior setup, aren't the least bit conditional, and can be used as many times as she likes. She basically solo'd 2 platoons, granted most of them were fodders.

Darui is just plain deadly with lightning. His signature move, laser circus (part lightning part water), shoots several high speed lightning lasers that he can guide directly into the enemy. It's penetrating abilities seem somewhat limited however, considering it didn't do much damage to initial susanoo. He does have the much more powerful black lightning tech that he got from the 3rd Raikage, and proved able to destroy a large amount of Zetsus with it instantly.

Sasuke, while very overrated by sheer fanboyism, is still proficient with lightning. He learned chidori from kakashi. However, unlike Kakashi's raikiri and 3rd Raikage's Hellstab that have pierced everything that they've hit, it has shown upper limits in penetrating power. A direct hit only stunned Killer B, and barely did any damage at all to A. He has made a few variations of this technique though. Chidori spear extends the chidori, dramatically boosting it's range, but dividing out it's power. It is used more as a sword than as the charging attack of chidori. Next is the chidori stream, that expands the chidori into the area surrounding him creating a painful, but non lethal, defensive barrier should the opponent get too close. Kirin is a move that defies logic and shows how much of a fanboy kishi was at the time. Basically, Sasuke controls a lightning bolt and attacks the opponent with it. It is said to use no chakra due to manipulating an existing element rather than creating one. However other moves that manipulate nature only give a discount on chakra rather than giving it for free. Also the move is extremely conditional since it can only be used in a lightning storm, and it only produces a single shot, that can be avoided via clones, substitution, strong enough defence, etc...

Despite being the Raikage, A is very limited with lightning. His only known technique is lighting armor. With this, he shocks himself to stimulate his nerves boosting his already great strength and speed. Are there any moves here i'm forgetting?

2nd Raikage: Who?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by shelke View Post
    You seem to post on everything related to Sasuke :/ but none of my other threads.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    normal...

You seem to post on everything related to Sasuke :/ but none of my other threads.
    What, you only noticed that NOW?

The only subject I've ever agreed with him/her on was the only non-Uchiha post I've seen...

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    What, you only noticed that NOW?

The only subject I've ever agreed with him/her on was the only non-Uchiha post I've seen...
    Ehh, I don't pay too much attention to others.

But the bias towards Uchiha (Sasuke in particular) is unhealthy.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm going to say Sandaime Raikage due to Hell Bringer and Raiton Armor.