Page 5 of 21 « First 12345678915 ... Last»
    Status
    Feb 2010
    Amegakure Remains
    Unbent,Unbowed And Unbroken

Re: Kumo/Konoha War Discussion thread

OOC:So its become a history lesson has it? on other thoughts go konoha and ame/akat

Status
    Apr 2010
    Feeling Fly

--closes book after reading 4 pages--

and they all live sadly ever after--

Status
    May 2008
    They are less than worms,
    those humans. I have judged
    them and found them wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Scorps, wanna join Kiri? We promise we can feed you more than wood bark
    Sorry but I don't like your banner. It looks sissy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Actually, when we were getting information out of him, Scorps threatened war. ._. He was still affiliated with Konoha t the time.

He didn't return? He did actually, and you shot him down while he was still a part of your village.

I don't quite understand what you meant by the first part. o_o

If you meant he had left, and we were angry, not really. ._. We hunted him down, and we were done.

We asked him to come due to the torturing of Korra thread, as he was extremely rude. We had no intention of killing him, or torturing him.

During the time NB was having stability issues, he changed both of his bios, and attempted to blow up the tavern he was sitting in using his new bios in order to save his old ones. Now, at this time, he was affiliated with Konoha, and we had no reason to believe otherwise. I really hope you don't think we'd just attack you all for no reason. We DID attack you because of Amaterasu, and the fact that you threatened us, about it, Scorps. o-o

As you said, I guess it doesn't matter though.

In any case, the war between Konoha and Kumo has been made into a Ninja World issue now, bringing in members from every village except for Iwa. Let's try and have fun this time. ^^
    Oh right. I killed his corpse. Then lili evaded a technique I sent by making her bird "dodge" it. Yeah, my bad. You're right. But I went to check. He left the leaf immediately after. Thus my confusion. But yeah, you're right.

And I didn't treaten with war. That would assume I wanted something from you guys and used the "war argument" as a bargain. I simply explained that, liked or not, he was at the time a member of Konoha and as such we wouldn't hand one of us like that to you guys to get tortured. Taking him would be an act of war. Torturing him or sending him to my own village with FTG tags would be an act of war like it was. Thus the war against kiri.

You guys didn't notice he left. It was quite clear at the time. Then when he bragged about it insulting lili, you guys got your pride hurt and demanded his head. It was that term. You wanted us to deliver him to kirigakure to pay for his insults. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    It's actually the third...
    wait for it....wait for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Kaos View Post
    The second war was the one where Kiri betrayed everyone, right?
    Burned!!!!!

Status
    Oct 2011
    In the words of the late,
    great Colonel Sanders:
    "I'm to drunk to taste
    this chicken "

So...will some type of system or structure be put in place to keep this tea party now escalated to near war brawls, in any kind of order?

Status
    May 2008

well, for now the main structure agreed by both main parties (konoha and kumo) is rather simple: RP/movement threads separated from battles. Battles to be held in 1Vs1 as much as possible. RP threads can be turned into battle threads if there is no real issue or argument but its to be avoided.

But other than that, no. We were invading Kumo so it was an easy match up. Kumo defended, we attacked, people divided themselves between fights and such. But now...Now I dunno. lol

Status
    Jun 2011
    Cookies

It should be a rule that allies can only join in, when the Kage is captured/killed.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie.. View Post
    It should be a rule that allies can only join in, when the Kage is captured/killed.
    this might be a stupid question, but WHY?

+ that could work, IF each village had same amount of active members ya know? that's the same reasons why i am against removing defenses, as each village has different amount of members

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post

+ that could work, IF each village had same amount of active members ya know? that's the same reasons why i am against removing defenses, as each village has different amount of members
    what? because if all the villages just decide to attack everything will be a mess thats why

lol no village defenses, especially kiris, are a plague

Status
    Jun 2011
    Cookies

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    what? because if all the villages just decide to attack everything will be a mess thats why

That's my reason.

It's basic knowledge for village on when to send whom out. There's many advantages and disadvantages to sending out the Hokage/Strongest out first/during/trump card. That's just something to decide during peace time. Simple war knowledge.

---

Also the village defences are kind stupid. Since practically all villages have some kind of detection type defense. Which spoils the fun in the element of surprise. If a village were to have defenses. I would say that each village could only have 1 Defense, and it cannot have stacked abilities (Like it can't sense people, attack people, defend something all in one technique)

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg
    thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post

Kiri kind of needs them though, since they have very few active members, compared to the likes of Konoha and Kumo who have 10-20 more active RPers than the other villages tbh.

Status
    Res dura, et regni novitas me
    talia cogunt Moliri, et late
    fines custode tueri.

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post

So what? Why should you become stronger just because nobody wants to be in your Village? Why should a bad Village be rewarded?

Quote Originally Posted by ReXii View Post
    Kiri kind of needs them though, since they have very few active members, compared to the likes of Konoha and Kumo who have 10-20 more active RPers than the other villages tbh.
    How's that anyone but Kiri's problem? Why should they get a boost for having few active members? (I'm merely using Kiri as an example)
    Defenses cause many arguments and have caused much stress in the Ninja World. If the only argument against removing them is that 'Villages with few members will be exposed'...
    Bajebus, nobody wants to die.

Last edited by Zero Kelvin; 11-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    So what? Why should you become stronger just because nobody wants to be in your Village? Why should a bad Village be rewarded?
    People new to the RP all want to join Konoha for Manga reasons etc, Suna Kiri and Iwa for example have tiny populations compared, i mean Suna and Iwa and Kiri combined have less active members then Konoha and Kumo combined by far lol
    Regardless of "bad villages".
    It has to have some degree of fair play right?

Status
    Jun 2011
    Cookies

People new to the RP all want to join Konoha for Manga reasons etc, Suna Kiri and Iwa for example have tiny populations compared, i mean Suna and Iwa and Kiri combined have less active members then Konoha and Kumo combined by far lol
    If you want people to join your village, make reasons for them to want to join it. Just like a business.

Status
    May 2008

Ok, I think its time to make a list of casualties. I'll make a thread only for it and people can keep adding to them and i'll edit the main post compiling the list. Seems reasonable?

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Ok, I think its time to make a list of casualties. I'll make a thread only for it and people can keep adding to them and i'll edit the main post compiling the list. Seems reasonable?
    Sure, cookie kind of done that twice already, so you can take the info from his thread.

Also to the person who said make it like a business thats borderline suggesting you offer people powerups and stuff to join a village, thats a steep cliff you are standing atop.
    I mean what else can you offer them..A good time, they can have that anywhere.

Status
    fines custode tueri.

I'll be frank; no.
    Akatsuki is composed of 10 Elite members. Akatsuki survives because it has allies, because it hides its members well and because it consists of good fighters.
    Akatsuki survives because they, on an NB scale, are good at what they do.

If Kirigakure needs Admin-approved defenses, which they know will cause arguments and bad experiences for all factions, to survive, then why should they survive?
    Who says we need 'Five Great Nations', as in the Manga? We have Amegakure in our RP; they have just as many members as other Villages.
    My point is that we're a seperate entity. Our roleplay doesn't mindlessly follow the Manga.
    As such, it should be up to the individual roleplayer to decide which Village he/she wants to join. If that results in some Villages being weak, then try harder.
    Iwagakure, for example, have an incredible sense of unity that you won't find elsewhere. They compensate for their lack of members with teamwork, not cheap defenses.
    If the only argument for these psycho defenses is that 'we need a balance' and/or 'it has to be fair/equal', then all I have to say is; try harder. Don't just sit on your butts behind your great walls. Recruit! Create a reputation! Roleplay! Be awesome!
    It's easy to be brave behind a castle wall.
    Heck, even Kumo fights with members, not defenses. They're not needed, by and large, especially not to the extend we have 'em now.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

I'll be frank; no.
    Akatsuki is composed of 10 Elite members. Akatsuki survives because it has allies, because it hides its members well and because it consists of good fighters.

If Kirigakure needs Admin-approved defenses, which they know will cause arguments and bad experiences for all factions, to survive, then why should they survive?
    Who says we need 'Five Great Nations', as in the Manga? We have Amegakure in our RP; they have just as many members as other Villages.
    My point is that we're a seperate entity. Our roleplay doesn't mindlessly follow the Manga.
    As such, it should be up to the individual roleplayer to decide which Village he/she wants to join. If that results in some Villages being weak, then try harder.
    Iwagakure, for example, have an incredible sense of unity that you won't find elsewhere. They compensate for their lack of members with teamwork, not cheap defenses.
    If the only argument for these psycho defenses is that 'we need a balance' and/or 'it has to be fair/equal', then all I have to say is; try harder. Don't just sit on your butts behind your great walls. Recruit! Create a reputation! Roleplay! Be awesome!
    Heck, even Kumo fights with members, not defenses. They're not needed, by and large, especially not to the extend we have 'em now.
    Iwa does actually have that earth defense that is quite powerful in my opinion, but thats besides the point, Akatsuki survives by hiding in Amegakure behind a giant impenetrable barrier, before that existed they survived on the principle nobody could find or attack them and it was all a trap, i remember that from the Tasogare days, as i am sure several others do.
    Point is Kiri's defenses are mist that can be easily countered and sensory, hardly godlike defenses, recruiting members is pretty slim pickings these days, everyone has a village already pretty much, and new people joining the RP seems to be at an all time low these days.
    So everyone just has to work with the hand they are dealt in my opinion, also its okay to say all this stuff, but i remember attacking konoha, the forest takes 3 combined S ranks and is unaffected, its easy to say all this stuff, doing them is different from the looks of it.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Cookies

Sure, cookie kind of done that twice already, so you can take the info from his thread.

Also to the person who said make it like a business thats borderline suggesting you offer people powerups and stuff to join a village, thats a steep cliff you are standing atop.
    I mean what else can you offer them..A good time, they can have that anywhere.

Is the Role-Play about fun? Yes it is. If you can offer correct fun and some great motivation, people will join a village. If a village has an aura of strength and is solid, then people will join the village. If a village has an aura of weakness and has a crumbled foundation, then people will leave. If a village's strength lies in it's members, what does that tell you? If a village's "strength" lies in petty defenses that hinders and annoys on comers, before any action starts...what's the point?

I personally won't join a village that hides behind defenses.

I'll be frank; no.

Exactly.

Status
    fines custode tueri.

Iwa does actually have that earth defense that is quite powerful in my opinion, but thats besides the point, Akatsuki survives by hiding in Amegakure behind a giant impenetrable barrier, before that existed they survived on the principle nobody could find or attack them and it was all a trap, i remember that from the Tasogare days, as i am sure several others do.
    Point is Kiri's defenses are mist that can be easily countered and sensory, hardly godlike defenses, recruiting members is pretty slim pickings these days, everyone has a village already pretty much, and new people joining the RP seems to be at an all time low these days.
    So everyone just has to work with the hand they are dealt in my opinion, also its okay to say all this stuff, but i remember attacking konoha, the forest takes 3 combined S ranks and is unaffected, its easy to say all this stuff, doing them is different from the looks of it.
    Oh please, don't start on the 'our defenses are actually quite reasonable; you're the ones who screw things up!'-speech. Again, it's the blame-game, which makes it redundant and irrelevant, as nobody will accept the blame and nobody wants to change the wrongdoings.
    I'll ask you quite frankly; can, or can't, the members of Akatsuki compete with most, if not all, other roleplayers on NB? Obviously, then answer is yes, they can. The Elite surives, few but skillful.
    Konohagakure, on the other hand, have hordes of members, but few 'skillful' members.
    See? It balances out. There might be a gap between some Villages, but how does that warrant defenses that result in bad experiences, misunderstandings and bad fights?
    Answer; it doesn't.
    And recruitment is slim? *****, do you even lift? Try, for goodness' sake! Recruit friends, ask other members, or stop being stubborn yourself and join another Village.
    We've just got to accept that there's a gap, but that's not a bad thing. You could sabotage, or infiltrate, or do things to turn the odds in your favor. Sitting on your butt isn't gonna change anything.

@ Bold - Hurr, durr. Let's talk about Ion Particle Armor and your use of the FTG while we're at it, shall we?
    Again, blame-game. It's redundant, see? It's all but impossible for it to lead anywhere, because there's always something to blame on the other guy. Or accuse someone of.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    krimpatul"

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie.. View Post
    Is the Role-Play about fun? Yes it is. If you can offer correct fun and some great motivation, people will join a village. If a village has an aura of strength and is solid, then people will join the village. If a village has an aura of weakness and has a crumbled foundation, then people will leave. If a village's strength lies in it's members, what does that tell you? If a village's "strength" lies in petty defenses that hinders and annoys on comers, before any action starts...what's the point?

I personally won't join a village that hides behind defenses.

Exactly.
    Your village does hide behind defences, when it attacks it hides in numbers, when attacked it hides behind a forest.
    Same thing, Kiri has far from a crumbling foundation in fact from experience it holds some of the most naturally talented RPers i have ever encountered.
    It uses defences to compensate for numbers each village has its own means, Konoha is no better than the rest of us, it's just a biased perception of your own that it's different, you think people join you because you appear strong right?
    Well in my opinion you only appear strong because of your numbers not because of the skill, in my opinion the only truly skilled members of Konoha can be counted on fingers.
    Scorps, Zero, Scary, Coyote, Broly, Dante.
    Those are the only members i can think of from the top of my head that i have ever seen actually RP with some skill, notice i said RP and not battle, because that is what this is...A RPing game.