Status
    Jul 2011
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out

Whats the significance of these pages?

Okay I want to get peoples opinions on the following two manga pages. None of what I say is supposed to be fact, just how I interpreted the two scans. If you see it differently please explain why and how you came to that conclusion. So without further a-due.....

1. A completely new doujutsu?

Now Itachi states that the 'transplant' gave rise to a completely new doujutsu. Since he is talking about Madara the way I would interprete that now, could be the either of the following:
    • The new doujutsu is simply the new shape/ appearance of the EMS compared to the MS OR
    • The new doujutsu is related to Madara getting the rinnegan later on

Since no one really knew that Madara had the rinnegan I am inclined to think that Itachi was talking about the first option. This gets some support from the info that comes directly after - which is related to transplanting eyes. The whole page is about new eye/ upgrading eyes - not new techniques. So the way I see it there isn't any new techniques that come along with EMS - just the new shape/appearance.

2. The strongest are here?

This one relates to Kishi's words in the first frame " the strongest are here". Judging by the people that are currently at that battle field 'the strongest' seems like a collective term for Naruto, Tobi, Madara, Kakashi, Bee and Guy. In this Kishi is basically illustrating who are the heavy weights in this war. One thing to note is that Sasuke is missing entirely - therefore it is possible Kishi doesn't consider him one of these heavy weights. We all know kishi said in an interview 2 years ago that Naruto and Sasuke progress as a pair, and many people have taken that to be that they are equal. But things change over time, so is it possible that this is Kishi's way of saying that Sasuke isn't really one of the heavy weights anymore?

Last edited by Gatsuuga; 11-19-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Status
    ~

Re: Whats the significance of these pages?

1. probably refers to EMS
    2. Mangastream translates it differently

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

he refers to Obito and Madara, example of dumb people reading the manga^

★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

1. not referring to rennigan... i guess to it refers to ems

2. i guess kishi just says that " the strongest are here " to hype the battle.. its clearly gai and kakashi are not the strongest