Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This is not the same naruto!

Hi guys. I feel like kishi is changing the image of naruto. This is not the same naruto we have seen before, and i dont mean the character. In general, the storyline, the power ups, spamming jutsus like theres no tomorrow without weaknesses. Before it used to be a nice simple fight that involved thinking, and out smarting the other, now its just looking like DBZ. Really, what do you guys think?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haters gonna hate; Potatoes
    gonna potate.

Re: This is not the same naruto!

is that a bad thing?

Vigilante Missing-Nin Uchiha Josephus's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Eternal Mangekyou
    RinneByakugan!!! #__#

I think you're a little late on the draw ...

This kind of "overpowered" fighting has been building up slowly over time, it's not really a surprise.

Right now there's a Juubi on the loose, I don't think simple fights w/ shuriken techniques is going to cut it here

That said, these fights are still just as good and tactical as the fights you reference, they're just using more firepower.

So is it a "different" Naruto? Well yes, this happened at the beginning of Part 2 where Naruto and Sasuke have grown up and become more powerful

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well, true

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

At least kishi proves sumthing, a bad boy with no hope is literally have the world to save in his hands at last. And given the companion he got right now, would never imagine have fighting besides him during his pre-genin feat. Look at the bright side - even once a labelled fool like him can excel if he put all-out effort to master sumthing. Learn that.

★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

it should be going in that direction right? power up not power down.... and it aint a bad thing... its a battle of the strongest... so expect fireworks

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tbh, I think you are right. But even so - the worst is that when I compare Naruto epic moments in this battle, where his feelings give him greater and greater powers to protect his friend, when comparing this to One Piece, which isn't even in any final battle or anything, OP is so much more boss-like in their battles. Enough said.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    2014 is coming. I can already
    feel the changes =]

And the same thing happened in DBZ. Goku had trouble beating Raditz. Now he can blow up planets. That's how it be in the anime world bro

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still Hanging:O

well they're fighting the Juubi so what do you expect? You expect them to use only taijutsu? Also even in this fight they did come up with a strategy.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always keep it 100

Would you prefer a shuriken fight?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree with TC. I liked it better when they were ninjas with cool techniques. Now they are just kung fu wizards.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There are more plotholes each chapter, HOW THE **** IS KAKASHI NOT BLIND? The same dude that was in the hospital for a week after using MS. **** off me. This manga has been downhill since the Invasion of pain arc, I would go as early as when part 2 started.

Sage Art: K.U.S.H. Katon MilwaukeegHost's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 9YELLOW FLASH View Post
    Hi guys. I feel like kishi is changing the image of naruto. This is not the same naruto we have seen before, and i dont mean the character. In general, the storyline, the power ups, spamming jutsus like theres no tomorrow without weaknesses. Before it used to be a nice simple fight that involved thinking, and out smarting the other, now its just looking like DBZ. Really, what do you guys think?

It only seems like its OP right now because Kishi is only focusing on the most powerful Shinobi in Narutoverse right now. They SHOULD be spamming monsterous powers by now, Kishi already hinted that the end of the series will be soon. Whatever the most OP shit is out there, we will see it soon. The manga is almost over, no need to hold back now.

All other regular shinobi are excellent fighters but still considered fodder to us lol simply because the Manga is now only focusing on extremely powerful people. But I dont think he changed up the style at all, we are just obviously reaching the climax.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RockLee the Green Beast View Post
    There are more plotholes each chapter, HOW THE **** IS KAKASHI NOT BLIND? The same dude that was in the hospital for a week after using MS. **** off me. This manga has been downhill since the Invasion of pain arc, I would go as early as when part 2 started.
    It has been down going since the start of part 2, but it has nothing to do with "plot holes", but Naruto simply isn't as funny in part 2, as it was in part 1. Ever since Jiraya died it dropped drastically.

Kakashi shouldn't be blind now. He is nowhere near using his MS that much... It is, however, true that he should have taken serious damage from overusing it. Normally he cannot walk after using it a few times, and he also loses a lot of balance. Perhaps this is something that happens, when the battle he was in is over. Kishi can solve this problem by making Kakashi stuck in bed for months after the war, so nothing can really be concluded yet. Heck, he might even die from using it so much, but the damage might not occur till he turns off the MS. The longer it is on, the greater the damage. If something like this doesn't happen, surely you can scream plot hole all you want. Till then please be quiet.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Guess he matured. It's a good thing, he's getting old and soon he'll get a position in the village.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    マダラ様

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeegHost View Post
    It only seems like its OP right now because Kishi is only focusing on the most powerful Shinobi in Narutoverse right now. They SHOULD be spamming monsterous powers by now, Kishi already hinted that the end of the series will be soon. Whatever the most OP shit is out there, we will see it soon. The manga is almost over, no need to hold back now.

All other regular shinobi are excellent fighters but still considered fodder to us lol simply because the Manga is now only focusing on extremely powerful people. But I dont think he changed up the style at all, we are just obviously reaching the climax.
    This is the best explanation, excluding the obvious fact that Guy is fodder right up there with Rock Lee.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    O..bi...to..?

Naruto is NOT like DBZ...it may have some dragonball elements in terms of power but the CONCEPT of ninja is still there. And as for the power ups? we all knew it was bound to happen because naruto has the 2nd largest chakra mass in the universe, ofc hes not gonna be throwing kunai and shuriken anymore, thats ten-tens job I find that the series has shown a significant amount of growth since the beginning and now we finally get to witness the result of everything in an epic battle...im not complaining :D

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well since it's the end of the story I can accept it.