4 10.53%
Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 290 "Power - Episode 1" – Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    Finally got to watch the ep and I actually really liked it. The animation was top notch, the scene with the lake was especially good. The fighting scene was awesome, I really liked Yamato's shield and Sai's water proof ink dragon. The naked Hidan was a bit weird, but damn Sakura owned Hayate.

The second part was a huge change of pace but i'm actually really interested now. There was some obvious foreshadowing that I guess we will learn about in eps to come. All in all I think if the eps stay at this standard then it will be a really enjoyable filler arc, which is something that doesn't exist in Naruto.

Two things I am confused about
    1. What the hell was Yamato's glowing orb light thing? It was like a harry potter thing were they light up their wands haha
    2. What was Kabuto's new jutsu? He has water style so I figured it may be a variant of the water dragon jutsu (like kisame's sharks) but it did have a weird coloration

The animation was good like with the fighting, background and so on, but some facial expressions of naruto and sakura before the lake and when kabuto came was done poorly. Apart from that the animation was great

Sakura owning hayate was awesome like she just saw the opening and was like "sorry sensei *bam!* If fillers counted sakura would be much more likeable to everyone

1) I didn't see that yamato orb? Where?
    2) Hmm it's just some filler water tech maybe it means dark chakra or something no idea

Quote Originally Posted by RiaValkyre View Post
    Yes, I know. That is why I asked--- ah nevermind. Then I am only asking this poetrical question to the manga readers as this episode had totally not meaning in general, just was a spoiler that I cannot understand why was necessary
    Nah this episode had no relevance to the manga whatsoever. It's just filler entertainment, I would rather cannon episodes but what can we do ay

Last edited by The Hidden Shinobi; 11-22-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Dying in boredom in a
    smalltown HELP ME

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    Nah this episode had no relevance to the manga whatsoever. It's just filler entertainment, I would rather cannon episodes but what can we do ay

Yup.. I understood the filler part... but why spoiler? :'D Please. it would have been such an epic scene in the future to see... lets see. Yamamoto or Deidara or whatso ever... ITACHI!

Sorry, I just got lost in media-studies right here o.O But I can see, the only-anime watchers like it.... btu they wont like so much the real ppearence of them, which is in the plot.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

This was seriously the best episode ever 0.0

The animation, the plot, the designs of those elite swordsmen form the neighbor village, the fighting choreography. Hidan !

And something that most Naruto fillers lack, a good story !

can't wait for the rest, more interested in this then the actual story.

Yup.. I understood the filler part... but why spoiler? :'D Please. it would have been such an epic scene in the future to see... lets see. Yamamoto or Deidara or whatso ever... ITACHI!

Sorry, I just got lost in media-studies right here o.O But I can see, the only-anime watchers like it.... btu they wont like so much the real ppearence of them, which is in the plot.
    Itachi has been summoned in the anime a long long time ago, so this was no spoiler. It's a prologue to the war arc that is why Deidara is also their. So it's the first time that Naruto and co. are confronted with Itachi, but we've already seen it.

Last edited by Love Cook; 11-22-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

To me I think fillers spoil the story for only anime viewers, but it doesn't spoil to much all we really see is hidan and deidara fighting and some other like hayate. Itachi and nagato did not fight and was put back.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    This was seriously the best episode ever 0.0

The animation, the plot, the designs of those elite swordsmen form the neighbor village, the fighting choreography. Hidan !

And something that most Naruto fillers lack, a good story !

can't wait for the rest, more interested in this then the actual story.
    I'm really impressed with the anime team with this filler so far for basically what you said "The animation, the plot, the designs of those elite swordsmen form the neighbor village, the fighting choreography." As I have mentioned the fighting was better then some of the 7 swordsmen fillers. They put a lot of effort into this but I would rather they put more into the main story line.

Yep the story is looking good so far, it has potential. It's like a movie

Status
    Jan 2012
    Dying in boredom in a
    smalltown HELP ME

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    T !

Itachi has been summoned in the anime a long long time ago, so this was no spoiler. It's a prologue to the war arc that is why Deidara is also their. So it's the first time that Naruto and co. are confronted with Itachi, but we've already seen it.

Oh.. then I remembered wrong hahaha sorry. the timeline got blur here, I guess, I shouldn't follow both anime and manga.
    For ex. I alawys think about the seven of the mist, hearing the the 7Oops song (the manga was there when the anime had this song :'D)

Still... it is spoiler :D dot xD

Last edited by RiaValkyre; 11-22-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

I gave it a 5, really liked it.
    Coming back with a review, for the moment I'm busy.

Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

I liked the fact that we saw Yamato, I kinda miss him.. I hope Kishi won't forget about him..

Status
    Nov 2012
    Hunting Trolls

I'd absolutely loved it! 5*

Atleast now we know where Kabuto Yakushi collected those DNA samples from.

The reason why he attacked that village was; because he had to test his Edo Tensei army.
    If you re-watch the episode, you see that Uchiha Itachi, Nagato and other powerful shinobi weren't summoned.
    Yakushi Kabuto had some ''technical problems'' with his army.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

They spent more time on the past of the two kids than they did on the fight. 2/5. Also as I expected despite fighting Kabuto and Edo Akatsuki Naruto was still too stupid to use his Sage Mode.

Seraphic destryo Ultimate uzumaki form's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Kneel to the god of NB.

Guys just wait till the movie itself is finished, then watch it all.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

was awesome, i enjyed seeing yamato and hayate again :D

Status
    Apr 2012
    "aint nothing' a
    trickster loves more than a
    trick." - Joseph Joestar

When it showed Itachi I was so hyped, then he vanished...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Geijutsu wa Bakuhatsu da!

Deidara was the highlight for me - just want to hear his voice!!!

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShuriken View Post
    They spent more time on the past of the two kids than they did on the fight. 2/5. Also as I expected despite fighting Kabuto and Edo Akatsuki Naruto was still too stupid to use his Sage Mode.
    I don't think they want to rush all the action so quickly, I think it's defiantly coming next episode. But remember Naruto still has to draw out natural energy for sage mode, I know thats not the case right now in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate uzumaki form View Post
    Guys just wait till the movie itself is finished, then watch it all.

It's not a movie, it's an arc with 6 episodes that comes out every week until the end of December. If you want to take the whole story in all at once yh you can do that but if it was a movie, then it would be released as a movie. I do agree that it could be a movie that was scrapped but yh.

Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    was awesome, i enjyed seeing yamato and hayate again :D

Yhh yamato gave us a low scaled hashirama it was always interesting to watch and hayate:

Bloody miss that guy he looked like an awesome and cool swordsmen

Quote Originally Posted by MySusanooIsPurple View Post
    When it showed Itachi I was so hyped, then he vanished...

Don't worry man the fight with them is coming really really soon after this arc I looked at the manga chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidara007 View Post
    Deidara was the highlight for me - just want to hear his voice!!!
    of course

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Nice episode overall: very good animation, good story combined with nice fights. But the drawing of the faces and their expressions was well...strange. I saw some of the character designs of part 1 recently and that made me feel kinda nostalgic. Those designs were alot better than the current ones. Especially their eyes in my opinion.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

The only reason i'm watching this filler is because of Hidan and Hayate. I missed them SOOOOO MUUUCCHHH. Especially Hayate. *sniffle* Too bad he had to die. I'll never forgive Baki. Anyways, I liked the animation, especially for the fight. I wish my computer didn't lag so much during it. Hate what they did to Kabuto though. Seems like it could be an interesting and emotional story with the kids, just needs a lot more background. All in all, this looks just like a movie, except stretched out into episodes. Kinda wish they stuck with canon, but at least it's not another Adventures at Sea arc (gag, choke)

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShuriken View Post
    Yea imagine that, brr character building in a story like Naruto ?

We can't have that of course. >.>

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

Now that's a filler episode! 5/5

+ The animation was off the hook!
    + Seeing Hayate revived is awesome, plus all the other unknown reincarnated ninjas were cool, like the one from the Hidden Rock with the flame thrower. :kagutsuchi:
    + It was a good thing that the other reincarnated ninjas, like Nagato, Itachi, Asuma were. . . . . . . . . umm, nonfunctional. :y

- Hidan. . . . . . . . . WTF. . . . . . . . .
    - What the hell was that light orb thing that was Yamato holding?! :sy:
    - Why is Kabuto's hair style like that, also his face is not as should be, you know with Orochimaru's cells. . . . . . . . . :shrug:

Status
    Nov 2012
    If you refuse to walk with the
    reapers, you will burn with
    the saints.

The fighting and animations were great. After the fighting scene though I lost interest

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Nice episode overall: very good animation, good story combined with nice fights. But the drawing of the faces and their expressions was well...strange. I saw some of the character designs of part 1 recently and that made me feel kinda nostalgic. Those designs were alot better than the current ones. Especially their eyes in my opinion.
    Part 1 character designs where better I agree, shippuden has changed animation multiple times, they need to stick to how they done it in the naruto's birth episode but I guess that must be a lot of hard work and expensive

Quote Originally Posted by miky617 View Post
    The only reason i'm watching this filler is because of Hidan and Hayate. I missed them SOOOOO MUUUCCHHH. Especially Hayate. *sniffle* Too bad he had to die. I'll never forgive Baki. Anyways, I liked the animation, especially for the fight. I wish my computer didn't lag so much during it. Hate what they did to Kabuto though. Seems like it could be an interesting and emotional story with the kids, just needs a lot more background. All in all, this looks just like a movie, except stretched out into episodes. Kinda wish they stuck with canon, but at least it's not another Adventures at Sea arc (gag, choke)

Posted one of hayate's cool moons in post #35 man I miss that guy. I don't know whyy kabuto looks that weird maybe it's the animators saying guys this is not part of the original story for anime only viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post
    Now that's a filler episode! 5/5

+ The animation was off the hook!
    + Seeing Hayate revived is awesome, plus all the other unknown reincarnated ninjas were cool, like the one from the Hidden Rock with the flame thrower. :kagutsuchi:
    + It was a good thing that the other reincarnated ninjas, like Nagato, Itachi, Asuma were. . . . . . . . . umm, nonfunctional. :y

- Hidan. . . . . . . . . WTF. . . . . . . . .
    - What the hell was that light orb thing that was Yamato holding?! :sy:
    - Why is Kabuto's hair style like that, also his face is not as should be, you know with Orochimaru's cells. . . . . . . . . :shrug:

Yh that made sense itachi and nagato etc.. not working but I feel sorry for the anime only viewers who think this is a part of the original series.

What orb thing?? 2 people have said this I missed it I don't want to re watch the whole episode to find it what scene was this