2 5.26%
  • 1*

4 10.53%
Page 3 of 3 « First 123
    Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 290 "Power - Episode 1" – Discussion

Like a made for tv movie based off a show... The chronological progression does not make a ton of sense with the surrounding episodes. There could have been more forethought on when to air certain points for more feel. Not that I would know what Tokyo 7 viewers actually get to see. It's interesting on it's own, like The Hidden Shinobi Said.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

First, let me fangirl over this:

:overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy:

I've been spamming the forum with this image, lol - but where it belonged, so no, you didn't caught me breaking the rules :zonder:

Now, getting serious, I really did liked it.

Animation was good (a lot better than the Pein arc, as a matter of fact) not excellent. But I still enjoyed it, better than other times.

Fights looked like in the old day! I mean, TAIJUTSU, YES! (Dat Sakura punch ; fangirling again)

And we had that chill moments as well, but that weren't like abundant. And it was needed for the continuity.

We got to see old characters, new characters.

It was really, really nice!

LE: Yup, the only thing I kinda disliked was Kabuto's design... But something you can live with, I guess.

Last edited by Chatte; 11-23-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Konoha's Orange Hokage RasenToad's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Conserving energy e_e

I honestly have no grudge on fillers, I only skip them because at the time when I was catching up to Naruto episodes I only skipped the fillers to watch them for later on my free time.

OT: I honestly enjoy this filler, it may have a few rough edges considering another anime studio is handling this one, But overall it has good graphics and anime/movie visuals.

Status
    Jul 2009
    ByakuMaster

Best fillers of 2012!!

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    Yh that made sense itachi and nagato etc.. not working but 01) I feel sorry for the anime only viewers who think this is a part of the original series.

02) What orb thing?? 2 people have said this I missed it I don't want to re watch the whole episode to find it what scene was this
    01) Yeah, I was one of them years ago. . . . . . . . . :y

But, then I learned that it was a Manga!

02) Its when Yamato and Sai walk into a dark tomb like thing. . . . . . . . .

Status
    May 2012
    If I were the rain... that
    binds together the Earth and
    the sky, whom in all eternity
    will never mingle... Would I
    be able to bind two hearts
    together?

Why cant the actual series be in this quality or at least closer to it. The anime has been slacking even tho its the most important part of the series

Btw even tho kabuto looked kinda weird (well he always does) and this whole filler doesnt make sense, i think it looks kinda cool

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

i skip it...... as usual
    will come back after they actually show Naruto,B and Itachi vs Nagato

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    First, let me fangirl over this:

:overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy: :overjoy:

I've been spamming the forum with this image, lol - but where it belonged, so no, you didn't caught me breaking the rules :zonder:

Now, getting serious, I really did liked it.

Animation was good (a lot better than the Pein arc, as a matter of fact) not excellent. But I still enjoyed it, better than other times.

Fights looked like in the old day! I mean, TAIJUTSU, YES! (Dat Sakura punch ; fangirling again)

And we had that chill moments as well, but that weren't like abundant. And it was needed for the continuity.

We got to see old characters, new characters.

It was really, really nice!

LE: Yup, the only thing I kinda disliked was Kabuto's design... But something you can live with, I guess.
    Like many have realised if filler was counted as sakura's character she wouldn't be useless. The fillers use the feats kishi has gave her.

The reason why sakura is mainly useless in the main storyline is because the main story line revolves around Naruto and Sasuke, and we all know what happens to sakura when sasuke is involved. When it is fillers she is fighting some random people who she is not emotional attached to so we see what sakura could potentially be like in the actual story (if it wasn't about sasuke)
    ----
    The animation is very movie like, I seriously think this was a scrapped movie, they normally always do a movie after an important arc in cannon. But this time the latest movie was very different something they have never done before. So this might of been the movie they would of done.

Would explain the fighting as well, so well choreographed.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post
    01) Yeah, I was one of them years ago. . . . . . . . . :y

But, then I learned that it was a Manga!

02) Its when Yamato and Sai walk into a dark tomb like thing. . . . . . . . .

1) So was I man, the first filler I saw was that run one in the original naruto after the tsunade arc before the sasuke retrieval arc, I was like what happened to the story?!?!

2) Ohhh I wasn't paying much attention at that part, I was like come on come on get interesting. That is obviously orb no jutsu the famous jutsu of hashirama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriboh View Post
    Why cant the actual series be in this quality or at least closer to it. The anime has been slacking even tho its the most important part of the series

Btw even tho kabuto looked kinda weird (well he always does) and this whole filler doesnt make sense, i think it looks kinda cool
    Like I said to chatte in this same post I think this is a scrapped movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    i skip it...... as usual
    will come back after they actually show Naruto,B and Itachi vs Nagato
    They haven't shown any nagato or itachi feats, those edo's didn't work. We're all waiting for that fight but its next year so we're making do with this to ease our wait.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2011
    MellowHype wa ichiban
    subarashi desu

I'm pretty meh about this ep and arc. Problems I have with this episode:

- Kabuto's hairstyle
    - Kishi trolling us hard with the Akatsuki not being revived. In a way, I saw it coming. If they were brought back successfully there would be no filler.
    - The new animation. This DEFINITELY took me by surprise, it reminds me of an OVA's animation or opening. Not sure how I feel about this
    yet..

- Those kids near the end made me skip soon as I saw them.
    - Kabuto's hairstyle
    - Sakura's power is over exaggerated. I know fillers venture further away from the manga than the normal anime, but come on.

-

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

Like many have realised if filler was counted as sakura's character she wouldn't be useless. The fillers use the feats kishi has gave her.

The reason why sakura is mainly useless in the main storyline is because the main story line revolves around Naruto and Sasuke, and we all know what happens to sakura when sasuke is involved. When it is fillers she is fighting some random people who she is not emotional attached to so we see what sakura could potentially be like in the actual story (if it wasn't about sasuke)
    ----
    The animation is very movie like, I seriously think this was a scrapped movie, they normally always do a movie after an important arc in cannon. But this time the latest movie was very different something they have never done before. So this might of been the movie they would of done.

Would explain the fighting as well, so well choreographed.
    Yeap, that's what they do. The main storyline does revolve around them but she is well rooted there. I think Kishi from the fact that he needs to show more about them, shows little about her.
    And yes, when feelings are not involved she is a good fighter (as I tried to explain people before but no one listens).

And yeah, maybe this is the one. We have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowHype View Post

- Sakura's power is over exaggerated. I know fillers venture further away from the manga than the normal anime, but come on.

-
    One thing I have to disagree here, honestly.
    It's not exageration.
    I mean, Kishi showed her punching and deflecting an Iron Sand weapon 10 times bigger than her probably, so when it comes to a human body it's actually normal.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by MellowHype View Post
    I'm pretty meh about this ep and arc. Problems I have with this episode:

- Kabuto's hairstyle
    - Kishi trolling us hard with the Akatsuki not being revived. In a way, I saw it coming. If they were brought back successfully there would be no filler.
    - The new animation. This DEFINITELY took me by surprise, it reminds me of an OVA's animation or opening. Not sure how I feel about this
    yet..

- Those kids near the end made me skip soon as I saw them.
    - Kabuto's hairstyle

-
    Yh I agree on most of your dislikes. I stuck out for the kids bit at the end, I told my self this is an mini arc so there will be an story for them so I might as well pay attention for later.

One thing though, Sakura's strength is no wear nearr exaggerated, it was done just right. Did you see what she did to the ground at the start of shippuden? That's basically that on someone's face. Orochimaru said that if one of tsunade's blows land on him or kabuto they are done for. Sakura's strength is meant to take someone out in one blow just like her master. And obviously it was done on a jounin not some OP ninja so it all looked ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Yeap, that's what they do. The main storyline does revolve around them but she is well rooted there. I think Kishi from the fact that he needs to show more about them, shows little about her.
    And yes, when feelings are not involved she is a good fighter (as I tried to explain people before but no one listens).

And yeah, maybe this is the one. We have to wait and see.
    Yh you have to understand when I call her useless as well. I said this in another thread in a big debate, "In the shinobi world kishi has created, no sakura is not useless (medic, strength etc..) But when it comes to the main story line which kishi has focused mainly on Naruto and Sasuke sakura is useless because her emotions get in the way. And therefore if she is useless when it comes to naruto and sasuke she is useless to this main cannon story line."

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

Yh you have to understand when I call her useless as well. I said this in another thread in a big debate, "In the shinobi world kishi has created, no sakura is not useless (medic, strength etc..) But when it comes to the main story line which kishi has focused mainly on Naruto and Sasuke sakura is useless because her emotions get in the way. And therefore if she is useless when it comes to naruto and sasuke she is useless to this main cannon story line."
    She is not useless as she's always been a support for the two of them.
    Anyway, I am not going to discuss this here since it's not on topic, maybe on another thread.

Status
    Nov 2012
    This user has no status.

First half - super awesome!

Second half... wtf?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    First half - super awesome!

Second half... wtf?
    There always has to be a story man, other wise there would be no reason to fight.

A Fan of Naruto Series Tsujan9484's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    I was here.........

Personally, I love the episode. The story seems to be interesting and touching. The presentation was great (but yeah the animation was bit off), I hear new soundtracks. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Last edited by Tsujan9484; 11-25-2012 at 05:11 AM.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

They haven't shown any nagato or itachi feats, those edo's didn't work. We're all waiting for that fight but its next year so we're making do with this to ease our wait.
    nah i would rather watch other anime than Naruto filler

Status
    Nov 2012
    Happily married to
    thatsAslap7. XD

Quote Originally Posted by RoguePatriot View Post
    Can someone tell me when the fillers end?
    The last filler will be episode 295. The date for the next non-filler is therefore 5th January

Page 3 of 3 « First 123