Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last»
    Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Future War Suggestions

Okay as we've just seen, the current war system has flaws in it. I've often heard that Scary's making some new rules that aren't approved yet, but what do you think needs to be fixed/added/removed to the ninja world war system? It's always good to hear people from all sides of a conflict come up with ideas to fix something...

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Re: Future War Suggestions

be forced not to argue we are all here to have fun right? then the arguing should be non existent unforuntetly as humans we wnat to argue saying we are better. only way to shut us up is by offering something else. so heres my idea.

you fight 10 posts ( five from each person) and you reply regradless of an invaild move or not ( depending on how bad it is like blocking fire with wind) once its the tenth post have someone judge it and they will declare the winner if a mistake was amde if not continue for 5 posts have it checked again then 3 etc.

also 3 day reply rule to stop stalling

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    1.be forced not to argue we are all here to have fun right? then the arguing should be non existent unforuntetly as humans we wnat to argue saying we are better. only way to shut us up is by offering something else. so heres my idea.

2.you fight 10 posts ( five from each person) and you reply regradless of an invaild move or not ( depending on how bad it is like blocking fire with wind) once its the tenth post have someone judge it and they will declare the winner if a mistake was amde if not continue for 5 posts have it checked again then 3 etc.

3.also 3 day reply rule to stop stalling

1. Arguing is inevitable on both sides on any war as neither side is willing to lose. These battles hold more weight than battle arena fights.

2. I don't like this at all. I want a long epic fight, not a fight that decided on a technicality. If we fought like that, me and/or Igneel could have lost at small moments but no, we were having fun in the fight so we continued to do so.

3. Well, a time limit should be set at the beginning of all your fights. I do think one should be made but it doesn't necessarily have to be 3 days, it might even be 5 or more or less.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Kaos View Post
    1. Arguing is inevitable on both sides on any war as neither side is willing to lose. These battles hold more weight than battle arena fights.

2. I don't like this at all. I want a long epic fight, not a fight that decided on a technicality. If we fought like that, me and/or Igneel could have lost at small moments but no, we were having fun in the fight so we continued to do so.

3. Well, a time limit should be set at the beginning of all your fights. I do think one should be made but it doesn't necessarily have to be 3 days, it might even be 5 or more or less.
    well i meant big mistakes not small things like my kunai you didn't block it it slightly cuts you, you lose derp no and thats why you'd go ten posts make it fun and argueing can be stopped if infractions are given for it >_> could increase it to a page atleast so you could have your funa and have the fight be judged, no sense in argueing if a mods gonna check it like its a bio test because he chooses who wins

Status
    I don't know why people try me

This even happens in tournaments. So nothing new there.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

@Haku: But that just makes more work on the mods and turn every fight into a fight where you have to impress the mod who checks your fight. The fighters can decide who wins themselves; if you die or are captured/sealed, then you die obviously. If you over power your opponent into a mistake that proves to be fatal and not able to be looked over (things like fighting one clone and forgetting the other sent a kirin at you, or serious matters) like ones that are able to be looked over (a kunai grazing you, a punch to the face, forgetting to place a jutsu you know is obvious like shadow clones). I could have called Igneel out on accidentally using water with the golem was out but I didn't because it would have been cheap. He could have called me out on using Corundum after wind was sealed and Corundum is made of earth + wind but he didn't because it would have been cheap. Winning by forcing mistakes and having a mod check is cheap. Fight it out until the end unless a serious problem arises and then get a mod opinioin, and then only after you get a sensei to check.

@Daemon: I know, but that's how the RP has broken down, it's kill or be killed nowadays. There are still fun fights around but they might be few and far between.

Status
    Sep 2010
    "..."

Be well organized even if it is a war; http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=252749

Status
    Mar 2011
    Somedays, I simply want to
    kill all of you

To be completely honest, i have to disagree with a post time rule. People live in different places, have different lives, and just do different things, imposing a time reply rule is just for the impatient. Its a war, not a quick battle. Furthermore, it just plays to the people who have more time on their hands. I'll use myself as a random example, i miss out on a lot of participation here on NB, because i don't have access to a computer until 10PM at night. The only reason i'm on otherwise is via Ps3, in which of use i can't battle since it limits the text amount i can use. (it literally leaves room for what my character would be doing, and the post of a single of the jutsu i'd use). The only way i'd agree to that is if it's agreed upon, in either battles at the beginning of the fight, or the war itself.

I wish i knew a way that war times could improve, but i'm fresh out of ideas.

EDIT: and what blizzy said lol

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzàrd View Post
    Be well organized even if it is a war; http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=252749
    Indeed, I have been reading you past and current war threads with Suna. You are taking a step in the right direction we all should be moving in ^^

Status
    Sep 2010
    "..."

Here is a live event that is going on, if you want a well organized, full of fun, amazing war. Do it like this; http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=277621 We do not really need rules to make changes to the system, or "official" approvals, all we need is a will to make an awesome event, and then representatives from each side who are all in contributing to the "fun" of event and it will always turn out well.

Indeed, I have been reading you past and current war threads with Suna. You are taking a step in the right direction we all should be moving in ^^
    Thanks, really appreciate that. ^^

Status
    Weaklings can't even pick
    their way of death. ”

samurai v akatsuki HAHAHAHA

Status
    Aug 2010
    Change is here.

Things I suggest be implemented as far as wars go.

1. Comatose state - If person goes inactive for 3 days, their bio will go into a comatose state. Said Person then has 4 ADDITIONAL days to become active once again or else they will enter a permanent coma, upon which they cannot awaken until the war is over or they receive medical attention. The Medic will have to purposely seek out this person in an attempt to revive them, and will have to get through battles (Possibly) in order to get to that person. This enables a usage for Mednin in each village, as for now, they actually have no role whatsoever. This can be done by any mednin, regardless of class rank or status.

2. Village Defense - Must correlate to that of the Village. Amegakure and Kiri you can expect rain and storms, not crazy chakra barriers and the like. But as they were already approved, nothing much you can do about it unless Nexus says to reset the Village Defenses. If you get false info on village defenses based on spying, then I guess you just get false information based on spying. Thats the risk you run. Otherwise you go into completely oblivious and will just have to deal with things the best way you know how wont you.

3. Separate Threads - No one should be battling a person within the RP thread. It causes mass confusion with multiple battles. Once you know you want to fight someone in the RP thread, make a separate battle thread with an APPROPRIATE Title pertaining to the RP thread title and the Ninja that are fighting. Example: Operation Obliterate Konoha: Iwa Nin Hazama vs Konoha Nin Lord Of Kaos.
    The only people allowed to post in that thread are the two individuals, RP Mods and sensei that dont belong to either village as to refrain from people screaming bias.

4. No Arguing - Arguing should be held to VMs and MSN. Once an RP Mod or Sensei posts their opinion of the fight, that is the verdict. IF you dont agree with them, do not post in the thread, simply tell your opponent you are going to get another opinion. This way they wont move on assuming that they have won and everything is all good. Keep in mind that if you do take this route, you have to get two sensei to refute another sensei and two RP Mods to refute another RP Mod. An RP Mod can refute a sensei and I guess 3 sensei can refute an RP mod. Though none of these people can be biased to the villages in question, making this harder to achieve, resulting in less arguing. No one is going to go through all that trouble just to prove they are right. And if you do, then you better knows over 100% you are right. Soon a person not supposed to post in that thread does, results in disqualification. For example, if Mathias was to post in my fight, despite him being a sensei, he is bias to me as we are within the same village, therefore I would be disqualified from the fight and thus die. No revival from a Mednin. I'm gone from the war. Mathias however would not be as he was not in the fight.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Konoha For Life

This Rules are good, and i think the RPMods should take a look at this and give their mind whether this applicable or not.
    Improvement has been done by the previous Gen, and now the next Gen has lot's another improvement where the RpMods should consider this, so Let's invite them here.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Hurrr? Durrr~

Imo one of the main issues is spam. Some people don't think of the NW as a place to RP; to possibly have fun and maybe even have an intense fight with someone either their level, or someone who they've always wanted to fight. While there's also the aspect of having something at stake, coupled with the teamwork that's needed to successfully pull of an wide scale attack. Instead they think of it as simply running around on a summon or w.e, with random and often retarded thread titles with spam post taking up 2/3 of the page. Things would run so much smoother if people just stopped spamming, if it's not RP, or a really long informative post, don't put it in the thread. Even if it's not some random "lol", or troll comment, either edit it into your previous post, or VM the person. There's no need to actually post a one line response even if it is relevant to the fight.

Also the metagaming/godmodding needs to stop. Things like someone making a thread stating they're leaving Z village to head to X village, then a person from X village instantly replying with something like, but not limited to "Oh man, you're coming to X village? Hmm Looks like this might be fun". It's not needed and it's just spam, and if your Bio is the one saying it, then you're just Godmodding. Then if a different person from Z village, decides to point out that the person is godmodding, do you really need to post it in the thread? Can't you just VM them? Seriously? Or even just post it in the War Discussion thread, oh wait, I forgot. Those usually lead to spam as well. If the need to spam is so great, to the extent that it would feel like sacrilege for you to not spam at least once in a Ninja world thread, then make two War Discussion threads. One Serious War Discussion thread, used only for notifications, topics relating to the war that don't pertain to a specific thread, or rather need to be viewed by everyone, or even long running arguments. Then another Casual War Discussion thread, solely to either spam, or talk to the opposition or fellow villages about whether they're enjoying the war, who they plan on fighting next, etc. Give a baby a rattle, he's likely to suck on it eventually due to force of habit, give him a rattle and a dummy, and he's likely to use the rattle as it's supposed to be used.

Imo the biggest problem is the spam, and people getting involved in threads that they shouldn't be posting in. Spam, and random interruptions either starts and argument or fuels the argument that has already started. That or it make people miss things, or get caught up in things that could've been avoided. Then they end up making a mistake and either rage or play the blame game. For instance LoK destroying Kumo, I'm sure he posted those techniques somewhere, however I've been browsing through this war quite a lot, and I still can't find it. Why? Because it's probably buried under useless spam made by other members who probably shouldn't be posting in the thread in the first place. That, or I'm blind. Also, that war Discussion thread that was eventually made has like 16 pages. 25 posts per page, I'm pretty sure that's like at least 390+ posts. I'd have to be a pretty big retard to believe that even a fraction of those posts were needed. Spamming seems to be like some sort of chain reaction in the NW, one person does it, then another and before you know it you've got a legion of spammers. It's contagious. It's detrimental to the Rp. It need's to stop. Maybe village higher ups need to be stricter about the spam produced by their villages, it might seem harsh, it might make you think "You can't control me, what right do you have to do so?", but at the end of the day, when a single person can start a flame war by posting something unnecessary. A flame war that could ruin something for everybody else, they need to be held accountable for their actions and realize that there's a time and place for everything, spams place isn't in the ninja world. Or at least direct their spamming libido to a single thread.

Tl;dr. Stop spamming, meta gaming, godmodding, and making posts that could've been kept to Vms.

Last edited by Scaze; 11-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    "Give it back," you
    lament. "I've had
    enough," you wail. You
    think I care? That is fate!
    This terrible, brittle, puny
    story is the real thing!

Every battle should be written in the format of Haiku.

Jokes aside, I agree with the whole stuff about godmodding. It's just that people saying they know you're coming without prior notice seems dull and stupid.

Another thing that might be able to be implemented is a global time for these things in a sense. What I mean is that when a group of ninja attack another group of ninja and is split off into multiple threads for the 1v1 scenario, they should all have a global time limit to finish the fight(s) before they can go do other things. To keep it realistic, people should agree on a time limit of say, 5 days or something before anything else can happen because they'll be immersed in battle. This would be done to try and keep all the fights on the same timeline sort of thing I suck at explaining lol.

What I mean is that say you have four Shinobi immersed in conflict and fight, A, B, C and Darui. They split into these two 1v1 fights where A fights B and C fights Darui. A and B fight and get 15 replies, finishing their fight in 3 days. C and Darui aren't as active and only get 7 replies in 5 days. Moreso to balance the global time for these fights, for the remainder of the time, the victor between A and B shall remain in stasis until this time limit is up. Of course the time limit may be changed if all participants finish before this fight, but I feel it really prevents stalling which people see as a problem because everything will be done in a certain amount of time and no one can really argue if people were to finish before the time was up.

One last thing: People feel RP needs to be rushed when it doesn't. I know I'd prefer a rather large RP post documenting everything than some piece of crap they whipped up in 12 minutes.

Banned
    Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    Things I suggest be implemented as far as wars go.

1. Comatose state - If person goes inactive for 3 days, their bio will go into a comatose state. Said Person then has 4 ADDITIONAL days to become active once again or else they will enter a permanent coma, upon which they cannot awaken until the war is over or they receive medical attention. The Medic will have to purposely seek out this person in an attempt to revive them, and will have to get through battles (Possibly) in order to get to that person. This enables a usage for Mednin in each village, as for now, they actually have no role whatsoever. This can be done by any mednin, regardless of class rank or status.

2. Village Defense - Must correlate to that of the Village. Amegakure and Kiri you can expect rain and storms, not crazy chakra barriers and the like. But as they were already approved, nothing much you can do about it unless Nexus says to reset the Village Defenses. If you get false info on village defenses based on spying, then I guess you just get false information based on spying. Thats the risk you run. Otherwise you go into completely oblivious and will just have to deal with things the best way you know how wont you.

3. Separate Threads - No one should be battling a person within the RP thread. It causes mass confusion with multiple battles. Once you know you want to fight someone in the RP thread, make a separate battle thread with an APPROPRIATE Title pertaining to the RP thread title and the Ninja that are fighting. Example: Operation Obliterate Konoha: Iwa Nin Hazama vs Konoha Nin Lord Of Kaos.
    The only people allowed to post in that thread are the two individuals, RP Mods and sensei that dont belong to either village as to refrain from people screaming bias.

4. No Arguing - Arguing should be held to VMs and MSN. Once an RP Mod or Sensei posts their opinion of the fight, that is the verdict. IF you dont agree with them, do not post in the thread, simply tell your opponent you are going to get another opinion. This way they wont move on assuming that they have won and everything is all good. Keep in mind that if you do take this route, you have to get two sensei to refute another sensei and two RP Mods to refute another RP Mod. An RP Mod can refute a sensei and I guess 3 sensei can refute an RP mod. Though none of these people can be biased to the villages in question, making this harder to achieve, resulting in less arguing. No one is going to go through all that trouble just to prove they are right. And if you do, then you better knows over 100% you are right. Soon a person not supposed to post in that thread does, results in disqualification. For example, if Mathias was to post in my fight, despite him being a sensei, he is bias to me as we are within the same village, therefore I would be disqualified from the fight and thus die. No revival from a Mednin. I'm gone from the war. Mathias however would not be as he was not in the fight.
    i like these ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Scaze View Post
    Imo one of the main issues is spam. Some people don't think of the NW as a place to RP; to possibly have fun and maybe even have an intense fight with someone either their level, or someone who they've always wanted to fight. While there's also the aspect of having something at stake, coupled with the teamwork that's needed to successfully pull of an wide scale attack. Instead they think of it as simply running around on a summon or w.e, with random and often retarded thread titles with spam post taking up 2/3 of the page. Things would run so much smoother if people just stopped spamming, if it's not RP, or a really long informative post, don't put it in the thread. Even if it's not some random "lol", or troll comment, either edit it into your previous post, or VM the person. There's no need to actually post a one line response even if it is relevant to the fight.

Also the metagaming/godmodding needs to stop. Things like someone making a thread stating they're leaving Z village to head to X village, then a person from X village instantly replying with something like, but not limited to "Oh man, you're coming to X village? Hmm Looks like this might be fun". It's not needed and it's just spam, and if your Bio is the one saying it, then you're just Godmodding. Then if a different person from Z village, decides to point out that the person is godmodding, do you really need to post it in the thread? Can't you just VM them? Seriously? Or even just post it in the War Discussion thread, oh wait, I forgot. Those usually lead to spam as well. If the need to spam is so great, to the extent that it would feel like sacrilege for you to not spam at least once in a Ninja world thread, then make two War Discussion threads. One Serious War Discussion thread, used only for notifications, topics relating to the war that don't pertain to a specific thread, or rather need to be viewed by everyone, or even long running arguments. Then another Casual War Discussion thread, solely to either spam, or talk to the opposition or fellow villages about whether they're enjoying the war, who they plan on fighting next, etc. Give a baby a rattle, he's likely to suck on it eventually due to force of habit, give him a rattle and a dummy, and he's likely to use the rattle as it's supposed to be used.

Imo the biggest problem is the spam, and people getting involved in threads that they shouldn't be posting in. Spam, and random interruptions either starts and argument or fuels the argument that has already started. That or it make people miss things, or get caught up in things that could've been avoided. Then they end up making a mistake and either rage or play the blame game. For instance LoK destroying Kumo, I'm sure he posted those techniques somewhere, however I've been browsing through this war quite a lot, and I still can't find it. Why? Because it's probably buried under useless spam made by other members who probably shouldn't be posting in the thread in the first place. That, or I'm blind. Also, that war Discussion thread that was eventually made has like 16 pages. 25 posts per page, I'm pretty sure that's like at least 390+ posts. I'd have to be a pretty big retard to believe that even a fraction of those posts were needed. Spamming seems to be like some sort of chain reaction in the NW, one person does it, then another and before you know it you've got a legion of spammers. It's contagious. It's detrimental to the Rp. It need's to stop. Maybe village higher ups need to be stricter about the spam produced by their villages, it might seem harsh, it might make you think "You can't control me, what right do you have to do so?", but at the end of the day, when a single person can start a flame war by posting something unnecessary. A flame war that could ruin something for everybody else, they need to be held accountable for their actions and realize that there's a time and place for everything, spams place isn't in the ninja world. Or at least direct their spamming libido to a single thread.

Tl;dr. Stop spamming, meta gaming, godmodding, and making posts that could've been kept to Vms.
    but i like to spam
    jk

but i agree

Status
    May 2008
    Do or do not... There is no
    try.

Well, SY's rules were updated a bit since they were tested inside Konoha. But for all those who didn't actually participate or got contact with it, the truth is that they are only a set of limitations and "control" over the Ninja World events.

Things you can expect:

-No village defenses
    -No village destruction until the war is won/lost
    -No free movement. Each village will have a set number of stages (borderlands (commong to all), border, village walls, inner village, Kage mansion) and the opponents will battle through the defenders in each stage. Much like when in the manga they went after Sasuke and each ninja held back one of the sound four, the same will happen here. if 5 defenders exist in that stage but 8 attackers appear, 3 may chose to carry on and the other 5 will only carry on when they defeat their opponnent.
    -War will lose much of the "freedom" to be a bit more restricted much like a tournament. It will go smoother.
    -All fights will be regulated in terms of arguing, reply times, rules of conduct, etc.
    -Arguments will be dealt with in a thread for it under strict rules and guidelines to avoid flame and spam.
    -RP/Movement will be done in separate threads, one for each stage while battles will be on other threads.
    -When no consensus is found, fights will always be 1vs1.
    -movement will only be possible on foot and above ground.
    -a severe "respect" rule will be established where neutral senseis and RP Mod's words will not be contested and argued directly upon.

And many other minor things but this is the main "view" of it.

Banned
    Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

nice and can we officially post sy rules somewhere so all can make reference to it?

Status
    May 2008
    Do or do not... There is no
    try.

they are not finished nor approved and are much more complex than that. I just gave you a broad description of the main changes when compared with the current system.

Status
    Jun 2011
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk,
    ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg
    thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi
    krimpatul"

Never again do i wish to see the words "You are Minato the leafs yellow flash and i know all about your FTG technique"
    That is pretty much the pinnacle of Metagaming, unless your a Kirabi or fourth raikage bio its unlikely you ever seen the attack!
    Rant over.
    You should just try to combine blizzards and SY rules together and release them ASAP.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last»